ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335766)

JohnnyHammersticks 06-02-2021 11:20 PM

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

morphius 06-03-2021 06:53 AM

Av's were not skating well, not handling the puck for crap and still came out with a win. LV sure did a nice job of swarming MacKinnon when he was on the puck. Giving up a power play with 3 minutes left in the game sure added to the tension. Luckily you knew with this Av's team they have a lot of people that can put one in the net.

Monticore 06-03-2021 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15695024)
**** you, Vegas! What a shot!

I prefer the AVS over the knights but that penalty was a bit cheap.

Bearcat 06-03-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15695115)
Av's were not skating well, not handling the puck for crap and still came out with a win. LV sure did a nice job of swarming MacKinnon when he was on the puck. Giving up a power play with 3 minutes left in the game sure added to the tension. Luckily you knew with this Av's team they have a lot of people that can put one in the net.

Yeah, it was like Vegas had an extra guy on the ice for the 2nd and 3rd periods... it's their only redeeming quality besides Fleury (who laughably got the 2nd star over Grubauer:spock: ).

Not exactly the model of consistency in the playoffs though, so interested if they keep it up or fall flat in game 3.

Bearcat 06-03-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15695156)
I prefer the AVS over the knights but that penalty was a bit cheap.

I went back and looked at it after the goal, because I wasn't sure it was anything at all at first, and it was a little soft, but definitely did come down on his stick.... it's one of those things Vegas gets away with quite a bit, so **** 'em.

They crosschecked Landeskog in the faceoff circle a foot from the ref and got away with it, just a couple minutes before the trip that was far more incidental than rearranging someone's face.

morphius 06-03-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15695184)
I went back and looked at it after the goal, because I wasn't sure it was anything at all at first, and it was a little soft, but definitely did come down on his stick.... it's one of those things Vegas gets away with quite a bit, so **** 'em.

They crosschecked Landeskog in the faceoff circle a foot from the ref and got away with it, just a couple minutes before the trip that was far more incidental than rearranging someone's face.

After that crosscheck to the face I figured they earned that call in OT. Not ignoring the obvious trip a minute later that they got away with. Then to get that trip call on that flop with minutes left in the game...

Monticore 06-03-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15695184)

If you have 1 hand on your stick getting it chopped out should never be called ,but that is just be .

Bearcat 06-03-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15695191)
After that crosscheck to the face I figured they earned that call in OT. Not ignoring the obvious trip a minute later that they got away with. Then to get that trip call on that flop with minutes left in the game...

And of course their coach is the one crying about rampant embellishment. That team is a bunch of whiners and looks like it comes from coach, too.

Bear hug Makar, WTF did I do? Take a two handed swing at MacKinnon's thighs, this is bullshit! Throw the puck over the glass, ermergerd it was tipped!! It's like watching basketball.

Quote:

"Just a soft call," Vegas coach Pete DeBoer said. "I can't even blame the refs. Because they're fighting the embellishment of grabbing your face, or falling down, or dropping your stick every period. I can't even blame the referee on it. They fooled them on it."

DaFace 06-03-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15695220)
And of course their coach is the one crying about rampant embellishment. That team is a bunch of whiners and looks like it comes from coach, too.

Bear hug Makar, WTF did I do? Take a two handed swing at MacKinnon's thighs, this is bullshit! Throw the puck over the glass, ermergerd it was tipped!! It's like watching basketball.

I've never paid much attention to DeBoer prior to this, but he seems like a soft, whiny bitch. I get sticking up for your team, but saying that Reaves is a clean player and acting like the refs were out to get them in this game makes him lose all credibility.

DaFace 06-03-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15695217)
If you have 1 hand on your stick getting it chopped out should never be called ,but that is just be .

It's definitely a tough one. If you don't call that, Vegas gets a quality chance from the slot as a reward for what is (technically) an illegal, albeit not egregious, move. You call it, and the Avs get a power play.

In terms of "fairness," the best option probably would be to blow it dead and face off again, but I have no interest in adding even more nuance to the refs' jobs.

Monticore 06-03-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15695269)
It's definitely a tough one. If you don't call that, Vegas gets a quality chance from the slot as a reward for what is (technically) an illegal, albeit not egregious, move. You call it, and the Avs get a power play.

In terms of "fairness," the best option probably would be to blow it dead and face off again, but I have no interest in adding even more nuance to the refs' jobs.

Always going to be tough but calling something like that, but i think makes it more common for stick to hit the ground if you do, if these were never called maybe he doesn't lose his stick in that situation , his arms came up right away looking for a call, in my day my coach would have given my shit for causing a scoring chance because I didn't have two hands on my stick.If you are focused it always impossible to wack the stick out of somebodies hand if they holding it right, if the stick breaks it is a different story or you get your stick into the guys hands where he can't control it but in this case if he he holds to his stick it isn;t a penalty , should the winger have just boxed him out better maybe but it also wasn't the first time he wacked a guys stick or got wacked during the game but got penalized because the other guy wasn't holding onto it tight enough.

Bearcat 06-03-2021 11:35 AM

I agree with DeBoer that there's a lot of bullshit, even if he completely dismisses his team's part of it.

I've seen some pretty damn nonchalant elbows and non-calls (not just this series), including the reverse hit/elbow in game 1, complete with the bullshit innocence routine when it is called.... and on the other side, you have guys who will go out of their way to drop their stick and immediately cry to the refs no matter what..... but, then you ha e guys who will only do that became it didn't get called the first 5 times of the game.

I do like the thought of "don't whine about it, hold your stick with both hands next time", but of course that doesn't fix the shed from the other end.

I absolutely hate all of that shit, and the lack of integrity gets turned into "if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough" or "if the ref doesn't call it, why wouldn't I take that advantage ".

And it all averages out to players and teams that constantly pull that kind of shit versus rolling your eyes when you see an occasional flop or whatever.... just like moderating a message board, I guess.

GloryDayz 06-03-2021 11:50 AM

I pretty different take on the Evans hit. Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, NOBODY, but the man does make some good points in his analysis.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p0GizT68Ryg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monticore 06-03-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15695415)
I pretty different take on the Evans hit. Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, NOBODY, but the man does make some good points in his analysis.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p0GizT68Ryg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The actual hit was clean but the hit wasn’t necessary, it wasn’t changing the game , puck was in the net he was trying to just hurt him , it was completely avoidable and potentially career ending for a guy with with his concussion history. He had plenty of time to think about it , just the look in his eyes after the hit you can almost tell scheifele was seeing red .

DaFace 06-03-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15695415)

Yeah...no. This is a bunch of bullshit. The initial contact may have been shoulder-to-shoulder, but he clearly came up and made significant contact to the head. A similar situation would be blows to the head in the NFL. Even if you start by putting a shoulder into a guy's chest, if you then rise up and hit him in the head, it's gonna be a foul every time. Not to mention that the call was charging, which has nothing to do with where the contact was made.

In short, it was a wildly unnecessary hit that resulted in an injury. Like it or not, the NHL takes that into account when doling out punishments. Don't want to get suspended? Don't lay guys out when you should be trying to keep the goddamn puck out of the net instead.

To me, this isn't that different than Kadri's hit. While I don't think 8 games really makes sense given other benchmark suspensions, he clearly deserved to be sat down because he tried to lay a big hit that resulted in a hit to the head and an injury.

GloryDayz 06-03-2021 04:32 PM

It's just a different take folks... Calm down, the NHL will have their way with him.

DaFace 06-03-2021 06:12 PM

4 games for Schiefele. Wow.

I actually think this hurts Kadri's appeal chances.

Bearcat 06-03-2021 06:22 PM

I was looking at that guy's youtube history.... my guess before looking was he was a Kornheiser type, just trying to take the opposite opinion.

So, I was a little surprised that his previous hockey video is defending Auston Matthews up and down on flopping allegations.

...and then another Matthews video.

...and then a Marner video.

...and then a Toronto/Bruins video.

Ah, his opinion makes complete sense now. LMAO

Bearcat 06-03-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15695906)
4 games for Schiefele. Wow.

I actually think this hurts Kadri's appeal chances.

I wonder if they throw darts or draw numbers from a hat... maybe they have a deck of cards. :shrug:

Bearcat 06-03-2021 06:32 PM

IMO, Reaves' was the worst of the three... crosscheck the goalie in the back of the neck after the whistle, then they have to wipe up blood and hair after he's done with Graves.

Kadri was an idiot and repeat offender, so I have a hard time with which of the other two are 2nd worst... I could make the argument that at least Kadri was taking out someone who was shooting the puck at the time, even if he had no interest of the puck (just like Scheifele).

I guess I could see 4 games for each, then +4 for repeat offender.

But, that's just trying to apply logic to their completely illogical system.

Monticore 06-03-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15695939)
IMO, Reaves' was the worst of the three... crosscheck the goalie in the back of the neck after the whistle, then they have to wipe up blood and hair after he's done with Graves.

Kadri was an idiot and repeat offender, so I have a hard time with which of the other two are 2nd worst... I could make the argument that at least Kadri was taking out someone who was shooting the puck at the time, even if he had no interest of the puck (just like Scheifele).

I guess I could see 4 games for each, then +4 for repeat offender.

But, that's just trying to apply logic to their completely illogical system.

Does not explain why Wilson got so little, they are just not very consistent. I was surprised he got 4 especially since his is a top player with no real history . I think if he would have gotten nothing next game might of gotten ugly hopefully they just play hockey now .

Bearcat 06-04-2021 08:23 AM

There are singles for the game tonight in the lower bowl that aren't insane.... granted, getting a repeat of the other night is probably a lot to ask for... :hmmm:

DaFace 06-04-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15696442)
There are singles for the game tonight in the lower bowl that aren't insane.... granted, getting a repeat of the other night is probably a lot to ask for... :hmmm:

I made a grievous error 6 months ago and made a camping reservation with friends tonight in an area with no cell signal. I'll probably go for a drive to pick up enough signal to check the score toward the end, but I'll miss most of it.

:sulk:

DaFace 06-04-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15695994)
Does not explain why Wilson got so little, they are just not very consistent. I was surprised he got 4 especially since his is a top player with no real history . I think if he would have gotten nothing next game might of gotten ugly hopefully they just play hockey now .

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it seems to me that the NHL is less worried about completely unnecessary violence in scrums than they are about borderline hockey hits that are at crazy high speeds. I can kind of get it. The chances of ending someone's career with punch in a scrum or knee on his head are pretty low, while a huge hit could do it pretty easily.

That said, the place I disagree with it is that the scrum nonsense is completely unnecessary, while the hockey plays are usually at least somewhat debatable. Seems like you'd want to eliminate the unnecessary stuff entirely, but what do I know?

Monticore 06-04-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15696662)
I'm not saying I agree with it, but it seems to me that the NHL is less worried about completely unnecessary violence in scrums than they are about borderline hockey hits that are at crazy high speeds. I can kind of get it. The chances of ending someone's career with punch in a scrum or knee on his head are pretty low, while a huge hit could do it pretty easily.

That said, the place I disagree with it is that the scrum nonsense is completely unnecessary, while the hockey plays are usually at least somewhat debatable. Seems like you'd want to eliminate the unnecessary stuff entirely, but what do I know?

Yeah I don’t like those scrums /face wash , or fights because your guy got hit cleanly, stupid traditions , which don’t happen in other sports because of fines/ejections.

Bearcat 06-04-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15696655)
I made a grievous error 6 months ago and made a camping reservation with friends tonight in an area with no cell signal. I'll probably go for a drive to pick up enough signal to check the score toward the end, but I'll miss most of it.

:sulk:

Damn... yeah it's tough this time of year out here, too, because it's perfect outdoor weather at altitude for camping and long four wheeling adventures.

I'm sort of in the same boat, was reminded of tentative plans to go out for drinks with friends who are in town, so I'm kind of hoping those fall through..... I'm not crazy set on driving to Vegas on a whim, but I prefer watching these games live.

Bearcat 06-04-2021 11:05 AM

I saw someone explain it as the DPoS is nothing more than a front to help protect against CTE lawsuits and protect the game's image... so, the post whistle stuff doesn't matter nearly as much to them, since they only care about the image of the game itself being overly dangerous.

Monticore 06-04-2021 08:32 PM

Boring game for habs but it’s a win

mlyonsd 06-04-2021 08:39 PM

I find myself always rooting for any team from Canada. My childhood team was the Sabre's but that isn't ever going to happen in my lifetime.

Monticore 06-04-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 15697443)
I find myself always rooting for any team from Canada. My childhood team was the Sabre's but that isn't ever going to happen in my lifetime.

Well at least one Canadian team moves on lol

Fish 06-04-2021 08:58 PM

Avs are playing defense pretty well. Grub is on point. But man, they just cannot get setup in the Knights' zone and apply any offense. 3 shots per period ain't gonna cut it.

JohnnyHammersticks 06-04-2021 09:02 PM

Vegas has outplayed the Avs for 3 straight periods now with nothing to show for it. Yet...

morphius 06-04-2021 09:24 PM

Ava just look bad, rantenin(sp) can't handle a puck to save his life again. Luckily this team can Score quick. And we score lol

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Fish 06-04-2021 09:53 PM

Grub is keeping them in this game big time. They finally got some decent shots that period. MacKinnon just barely missed a couple. Had a stretch where the spent most of the time in the Knights' zone. Still need more shots...

Fish 06-04-2021 10:52 PM

Yuck.

Bearcat 06-05-2021 09:10 AM

Just the kind of loss I had envisioned before the series started that would extend the series..... Vegas with their three high energy 3rd lines, mucking it up and getting offense through a lucky bounce or two.

They're the Wild on steroids, which is impressive in the sense of being able to sustain the high energy and muck up the Avalanche in dominant fashion for most of 5 consecutive periods.

Money well saved... yet sadly, outside of going tomorrow, if they advance to the next round, their next opponent is looking like Wild Jr.

Bearcat 06-05-2021 09:18 AM

I do like how Bednar will push buttons and focus on what his team is doing, plus sitting the top line to start the 3rd.

And random positive note, keeping MacKinnon back on the power play and at the end of the game really pays off... just let him go coast to coast or make space from the blue line in.

Quote:

"We're kidding ourselves if we think that's the competitiveness we need to beat the team that tied us for first in the league. We caught them on an off night in Game 1, we gave them life in Game 2 and we're going to have to compete way harder than [Game 3] in order to beat them. If we haven't realized that, then we're late to the party."

"The hardest-working player we have right now is Philipp Grubauer," Bednar said.

"Go ahead and check the numbers on our top guys tonight," Bednar said. "See what they did compared to their top guys. It's not close."

Fish 06-05-2021 06:01 PM

Bruins Islanders can't quite fighting. Pastrnak just missed the most wide open shot I've seen all year....

mlyonsd 06-05-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15698273)
Bruins Islanders can't quite fighting. Pastrnak just missed the most wide open shot I've seen all year....

I'm starting to think they don't like each other.

Monticore 06-05-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15697709)
Just the kind of loss I had envisioned before the series started that would extend the series..... Vegas with their three high energy 3rd lines, mucking it up and getting offense through a lucky bounce or two.

They're the Wild on steroids, which is impressive in the sense of being able to sustain the high energy and muck up the Avalanche in dominant fashion for most of 5 consecutive periods.

Money well saved... yet sadly, outside of going tomorrow, if they advance to the next round, their next opponent is looking like Wild Jr.

More like mid 90s devils , Habs game was boring as shit lol

Bearcat 06-06-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15698310)
More like mid 90s devils , Habs game was boring as shit lol

We could be watching Oilers/Leafs right now... I mean, that series might have been the Pens/Flyers from several years ago with scores of 7-6, and you're just left wondering WTF you're watching.... but, it would be entertaining.

Monticore 06-06-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15699436)
We could be watching Oilers/Leafs right now... I mean, that series might have been the Pens/Flyers from several years ago with scores of 7-6, and you're just left wondering WTF you're watching.... but, it would be entertaining.

Not sure how but the habs are just sucking the life out of the other teams and are just able to slow everything down .

Greasy goals and short handed goals again tonight price solid again jets look demoralized

Gadzooks 06-06-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15699441)
Not sure how but the habs are just sucking the life out of the other teams and are just able to slow everything down .

Greasy goals and short handed goals again tonight price solid again jets look demoralized

... and Danault is playing Bergeron level defense, (without as much offense).

Monticore 06-06-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 15699452)
... and Danault is playing Bergeron level defense, (without as much offense).

Pretty much zero offense lol number 1 center who doesn’t score or play the power play , tell you a lot about our offense

DaFace 06-06-2021 06:45 PM

The Avs haven't lost a playoff game this year when I've been watching, so let's do this.

Monticore 06-06-2021 06:56 PM

Lots of confusion there, horrible turnover though

DaFace 06-06-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15699491)
Lots of confusion there, horrible turnover though

It's hard for me to comprehend that Nemeth is the best option we have.

Bearcat 06-06-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15699484)
The Avs haven't lost a playoff game this year when I've been watching, so let's do this.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2JI3JDUmixYvFKN2" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-grinder-fox-the-grinder-l2JI3JDUmixYvFKN2">via GIPHY</a></p>

Bearcat 06-06-2021 07:16 PM

Both teams bringing a lot of energy tonight.

Bearcat 06-06-2021 07:43 PM

Grubauer is human, apparently.

DaFace 06-06-2021 08:18 PM

Welp. This is becoming a "just win at home" kind of series. The Avs have very few bright spots right now.

Bearcat 06-06-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15699569)
Welp. This is becoming a "just win at home" kind of series. The Avs have very few bright spots right now.

Yeah, Keith Jones was pretty much on the money... not playing as fast as they can, need to get back on defense and more aggressive on defense, need to get on the PP a few times, which means more puck possession.

I haven't minded the shot differential at a high level as the Knights are throwing everything at the net and for the most part they aren't good finishers.... but, they've been playing with fire when it comes to the number of odd man rushes and what not. Stop turning over the puck in the neutral zone and at the blue line.

Bearcat 06-06-2021 08:41 PM

...and find someone.

Anyone.

...to replace Nemeth.

Fish 06-06-2021 08:42 PM

Oooof. They can't get any momentum at all. Down 2, and can't hardly even get into the Knights' zone...

Gary Cooper 06-06-2021 08:44 PM

Vegas has imposed their style of play the last three games. Their forechecking and physicality has slowed down Colorado's puck possession and speed. Colorado was fortunate Grubauer won them game 2, and almost game 3.

Game 1 was an anomaly because Vegas was coming off a 7 game series with no rest.

Colorado needs their home fans right now to rejuvenate them. Have to start playing a physical game themselves from the beginning of game 5. Hopefully for them that will open up their offense.

Bearcat 06-06-2021 09:05 PM

Well, they had been playing with fire the past couple games, so maybe getting their ass kicked will get their heads into it again... night and day at this point from the beginning of the 2nd period of game 2.

Megatron96 06-06-2021 09:28 PM

Well, Viva Las Vegas! Playing their asses off

Monticore 06-07-2021 08:35 PM

Habs dominated the game 2 weak goals by price

DaFace 06-07-2021 09:29 PM

Congrats to the Habs. Hope the Avs can pull through to battle them next.

Bearcat 06-07-2021 09:45 PM

The Nuggets will be at 100% capacity on Friday and if there's an Avalanche/Knights game 7, it'll be at 57% capacity the next night. :doh!:

Monticore 06-07-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15700772)
Congrats to the Habs. Hope the Avs can pull through to battle them next.

It’s all gravy at this point , not sure who we would match up better against, I’m just hoping you guys beat up on each other for another 3 games.

Monticore 06-07-2021 10:12 PM

If habs play the avs they have to wear the retro nordiques jerseys

JohnnyHammersticks 06-07-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15700788)
The Nuggets will be at 100% capacity on Friday and if there's an Avalanche/Knights game 7, it'll be at 57% capacity the next night. :doh!:

But think of all the lives it will save... :rolleyes:

The clueless little dictators at the Colorado Board of Health need to be held personally responsible if the Avs lose a close one tomorrow night or in game 7.

Vegas is playing exactly how I had hoped they wouldn't play. Saw them do it twice to us in the regular season and it's why I posted that they made me nervous. They're clearly the better team in this series so far, and if they beat the Avs I can't imagine anyone other than maybe Tampa being able to win more than a game or two against them. Can't see any other team out there beating them.

I'm not giving up hope, but something needs to change and fast. They can't just keep getting dominated 5 on 5 and hope that Grubauer somehow bails them out.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-07-2021 10:23 PM

Knights just look like the better team. "Talent" difference or no..

Bearcat 06-07-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 15700807)
But think of all the lives it will save... :rolleyes:

The clueless little dictators at the Colorado Board of Health need to be held personally responsible if the Avs lose a close one tomorrow night or in game 7.

Vegas is playing exactly how I had hoped they wouldn't play. Saw them do it twice to us in the regular season and it's why I posted that they made me nervous. They're clearly the better team in this series so far, and if they beat the Avs I can't imagine anyone other than maybe Tampa being able to win more than a game or two against them. Can't see any other team out there beating them.

I'm not giving up hope, but something needs to change and fast. They can't just keep getting dominated 5 on 5 and hope that Grubauer somehow bails them out.

Eh, I wouldn't take it that far... the Wild took them 7 and they were 5 minutes from being down 3-0 to Colorado despite outplaying them for 5/6 periods. Their defense has created a TON of odd man rushes and great chances, and it was only last night they really took advantage of it.

The winner of this series has to be the favorite the rest of the way, but it won't be a cakewalk.

DaFace 06-08-2021 10:13 AM

Not terribly surprised.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can confirm that Nazem Kadri’s 8-game suspension has been upheld. He will be eligible to return for Game 7 if the Avs and Knights play that long. <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DarrenDreger</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@emilymkaplan</a> first reporter the news.</p>&mdash; Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) <a href="https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1402294217800486914?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like our chances in Game 7 with him in the lineup, but we have to get there first.

Bearcat 06-08-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15701093)
Not terribly surprised.

I like our chances in Game 7 with him in the lineup, but we have to get there first.

Well, they were thorough... https://media.nhl.com/site/vasset/pu...adriRuling.pdf

A little surprised they actually brought up the point about the other shenanigans being retaliatory.

Quote:

It is true that in this case, unlike his two most
recent suspensions in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs, respectively,
Kadri did not act in an emotional, hotheaded or retaliatory
manner, but in this instance, unlike those two prior ones, there
was an injury -- a significant one -- to the opposing player.
Nice to see the transparency.

Bearcat 06-08-2021 07:47 PM

There's "lack of ice" and then there's this game.

Bearcat 06-08-2021 07:51 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DaFace 06-08-2021 07:51 PM

OMG what a goal!

Monticore 06-08-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15701802)
OMG what a goal!

Brain fart from fleury.

DaFace 06-08-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15701806)
Brain fart from fleury.

Yeah, on second watch, that was awful. All he had to do was move that direction a couple inches.

Saad is still crazy hot right now.

Bearcat 06-08-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15701806)
Brain fart from fleury.

Yep... perfect shot and timing, but Fleury was also very lazy.

I feel like they kind of deserve to be up in the period just based on their turnaround this game, but even that's extreme. LMAO

Far better in every aspect they've been mightily struggling with.... the intensity is there, forecheck, puck pressure and puck possession.

Basically trying to beat them at their own game.

DaFace 06-08-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15701819)

I feel like they kind of deserve to be up in the period just based on their turnaround this game, but even that's extreme. LMAO

1-0 seems about right given the Rantanen whiff on the open net.

Fish 06-08-2021 08:40 PM

Saad having a good run so far in the playoffs. Makar just so close so many times tonight....

Bearcat 06-08-2021 08:40 PM

All period, the tide has been turning bit by bit... could feel them chipping away and perhaps getting more confident in beating the Knights in their own game...... then it shifted to some real Avalanche hockey. PBJ

Bearcat 06-08-2021 08:42 PM

Random note, Timmins has looked good tonight with the puck on both ends.

Fish 06-08-2021 08:42 PM

Finally getting set up well in the Knights' zone. Very well could be 3-0 right now...

JohnnyHammersticks 06-08-2021 08:50 PM

Much better so far. Looks like a different team from the last 3 games. Playing the type of D that got them the President's Cup.

Fish 06-08-2021 08:54 PM

Moving Saad to the A line looks to be a good decision at this point. They're a different team than what they've been the last 2 games. Keep it rolling...