ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303024)

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 13331620)
Yes, you the far superior intellect resorting to petty insults in a discussion on our opinions of a science fiction movie. Just put me on ignore if you are not mature enough for conversation.

You're not very bright and have a very uncreative mind if you think the resolution to all of their lives is "okay" because "life doesn't have a happy ending".

No shit?

Movies, especially movies like Star Wars, are supposed to be an ESCAPE, not a reminder that life sucks.

But just keep drinking the Mouse House Koolaid.

They're going to need people like you to make any money going forward.

listopencil 01-04-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 13331631)
There hadn't been anything like star wars before star wars. Science fiction movies were trash and mostly laughable. Star Wars set a new insanely high bar for scifi. Yes some of the story themes were familiar, but the universe was unlike anything else.

First off, Star Wars isn't Science Fiction. It's a Fantasy story. Secondly, Science Fiction has a long history of great stories - as does Fantasy. Third, if you think Star Wars set the bar insanely high for either genre of movies then you just haven't exposed yourself to quality examples from each.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13331656)
You're not very bright and have a very uncreative mind if you think the resolution to all of their lives is "okay" because "life doesn't have a happy ending".

No shit?

Movies, especially movies like Star Wars, are supposed to be an ESCAPE, not a reminder that life sucks.

But just keep drinking the Mouse House Koolaid.

They're going to need people like you to make any money going forward.

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...e0&oe=5ABF5969

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13331727)

It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Too late for you.

cosmo20002 01-04-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13331727)

LMAO
Do you find these or make them up yourself?

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13331764)
LMAO
Do you find these or make them up yourself?

You are truly dumb as ****

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13331247)
When Episode IX ends, does anyone truly believe that people will be clamoring to see Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose and Kylo Ren after a 32 year absence on the big screen?

I don't think so.

I can't speak for others. Obviously, you disagree. But, yes, I will be excited to see those characters again in 32 years.

But the OT wasn't as meaningful to me as it was to others. For me, Rey is a much more compelling character than Luke. But, again, I don't pretend to speak for anyone else.

As we all know, Star Wars was a powerful moment in cinema history. Will anything ever match that? Probably not. But, for me, this thing is as alive as it's ever been.

The Force Awakens renewed my faith in the franchise. I started watching The Clone Wars and Rebels because of it. I read my first Star Wars novel last year: the first Star Wars novel I've read in my life.

We may be few but there are those of us that love this new version just as much as others love what came before.

okcchief 01-06-2018 01:30 AM

I think Rey and Kylo are good characters. Poe, Finn and Rose are ****ing horrible, and their excessive screen time in TLJ are my biggest problem with the film. I’m ok with Luke, Leia and Han dying. Old people die. People in conflict for years die. I don’t need a happy ending, but it could have been done so much better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RINGLEADER 01-06-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13331247)
When Episode IX ends, does anyone truly believe that people will be clamoring to see Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose and Kylo Ren after a 32 year absence on the big screen?

I don't think so.

Not a chance. All of those characters are imminently forgettable. I liked Rey in TFA, but she's pretty much useless in TLJ.

The best thing that could have happened to Finn would have been self-sacrifice on salt planet. Instead it's yet another plan of his that leads nowhere.

RINGLEADER 01-06-2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13331253)
They didn't have the opportunity to fully develop the new characters, because they crammed the OT in there as well.

Finn and Rose really shouldn't be in the films. If Poe Dameron had started out as a TIE pilot or something he could have been a really interesting character. I actually like his arc in TLJ quite a bit.

Finn and Poe should have been one character.

Too many characters competing for screen time.

I agree with this. Poe is a stupid character that just does stupid things. Finn is a terrible actor. Rose was unnecessary.

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2018 01:26 PM

According to this LEGO set, Woody Harrelson will be portraying Tobias Beckett, Emilia Clarke will be stepping into the shoes of Qi’Ra (man, they love that name Kira, which was originally Rey's name), Thandie Newton will bring Quay Tolsite to life and finally, Amanda Waller-Bridge will lend her voice to DD-BD, the film’s female droid

http://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-conte...ry-speeder.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-07-2018 03:14 PM

Why don't we wait until the final installment before declaring the entire new trilogy a bag o' dicks?

RINGLEADER 01-08-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13342956)
Why don't we wait until the final installment before declaring the entire new trilogy a bag o' dicks?

Because so far the new trilogy has undone the six previous movies — there is nothing special about the Force or the Jedi or the Sith and their laser swords.

RINGLEADER 01-08-2018 07:06 PM

I thought the Solo trailer was coming this past weekend?

They should just save it for the Super Bowl at this point.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2018 07:25 AM

https://i.imgur.com/TYT3foR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mq6f9cF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lAyIMWs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/toYx4Pv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tNvr6q7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s2b8S5c.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-09-2018 07:45 AM

Nice paydirt.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2018 11:00 AM

I'm digging this "Rebolt" character.

Looks cool.

Bowser 01-09-2018 11:02 AM

Looking forward to taking a look at Kessel.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-09-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13349119)
I'm digging this "Rebolt" character.

Looks cool.

I guess they wrote Shrike out. He was the captain of a ship that Solo worked/slaved on before leaving to join the Imperial Academy.

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13350717)
I guess they wrote Shrike out. He was the captain of a ship that Solo worked/slaved on before leaving to join the Imperial Academy.

Kasdan never wrote that character into the script

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-09-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13350734)

I believe I read here at CP some posted material, less than a month ago, referring to Harrelson as "Garris Shrike"?

cosmo20002 01-09-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13350734)

Wrong

DaneMcCloud 01-09-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13350943)
Wrong

Prove it

RINGLEADER 01-10-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13350814)
I believe I read here at CP some posted material, less than a month ago, referring to Harrelson as "Garris Shrike"?

I thought he was playing Beckett?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13351032)
I thought he was playing Beckett?

No, it definitely called out Shrike.

cosmo20002 01-10-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13350975)
Prove it

Your ignorance is astounding. I've never heard anyone spout off more while actually knowing less.
You're as phony as it gets. Go take a TMZ tour or something. You'll double your current knowledge of what is going on in your own town.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 10:42 AM

Reportedly, 3 more weeks of reshoots begin later this month.

They're cutting it close...

BigRichard 01-10-2018 01:15 PM

They better hope they have a great product here because I could definitely see a lot of people who would have normally saw this without question will now wait till after some reviews come out to make up their minds. All due to the crap fest that was TLJ.

DaneMcCloud 01-10-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13351840)
They better hope they have a great product here because I could definitely see a lot of people who would have normally saw this without question will now wait till after some reviews come out to make up their minds. All due to the crap fest that was TLJ.

Agreed.

I also believe it's in their best interest to move off the May 25th date but so far, they've held firm.

The longer the stench of TLJ is out of people's noses, the better.

FlintHillsChiefs 01-10-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351872)
Agreed.

I also believe it's in their best interest to move off the May 25th date but so far, they've held firm.

The longer the stench of TLJ is out of people's noses, the better.

Media reviews won't work either. You've got 90% on TLJ for pro movie critics w/ Disney's cock in their mouths, and 49% for the general audience. Yea, I'll be waiting for a few weeks at least until word of mouth gets around on how good it is.

cosmo20002 01-10-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 13352022)
Media reviews won't work either. You've got 90% on TLJ for pro movie critics w/ Disney's cock in their mouths, and 49% for the general audience. Yea, I'll be waiting for a few weeks at least until word of mouth gets around on how good it is.

Yeah, you've followed 9 Stars Wars movies so far--you don't want to risk $10 to see the new one before you hear what other people think about it first!

RINGLEADER 01-10-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13352131)
Yeah, you've followed 9 Stars Wars movies so far--you don't want to risk $10 to see the new one before you hear what other people think about it first!

That’s not the problem. The problem is going back to earlier stories knowing that the underpinnings of the Star Wars universe have been completely undone by Rian Johnson’s shitshow. The Force, the Jedi, the Sith aren’t special thanks to Episode VIII re-writing all the rules.

It’s like Rian Johnson had a problem with mystery and myth and sat out to destroy everything that fans had come to know and love about Star Wars.

patteeu 01-10-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13352131)

LMAO That's what I was thinking.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13352400)
That’s not the problem. The problem is going back to earlier stories knowing that the underpinnings of the Star Wars universe have been completely undone by Rian Johnson’s shitshow. The Force, the Jedi, the Sith aren’t special thanks to Episode VIII re-writing all the rules.

It’s like Rian Johnson had a problem with mystery and myth and sat out to destroy everything that fans had come to know and love about Star Wars.

Agreed.

Outside of Star Wars movies, I'm not a "First Day" guy. I take the kids to animated films before noon at AMC theaters because they're essentially half price (and I don't feel like paying $17.79 per ticket plus $4 dollars parking and concessions for something like The Emoji Movie) but Star Wars movies are events.

Now, with a rumored three more weeks of reshoots this month with a release that's less than 5 months away, it's truly difficult to get excited about Solo, especially after The Last Jedi was so far off the mark.

Hopefully, Solo is closer to Rogue One in execution but I'm just not very amped up about it at this point.

Rausch 01-11-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13351486)
Reportedly, 3 more weeks of reshoots begin later this month.

They're cutting it close...

This film will be SHIT.

Not bad - SHIT...

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13354118)
This film will be SHIT.

Not bad - SHIT...

That's always been a possibility due to the re-casting of Harrison Ford.

But IMO, it would be in their best interests to delay the opening so that it will give Ron Howard more time to get this film as "right" as possible.

On the other hand, re-casting Luke with Sebastian Stan should be a no-brainer and IMO, a Luke Skywalker film that's set between Episode 4 & 5 would have been a much better direction to go, especially after the success of Rogue One.

oaklandhater 01-11-2018 02:50 PM

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h....-dates-1073560

Fox is shaking up the release schedule of its X-Men movies, giving Deadpool 2, New Mutants and Gambit new opening dates.

In what is sure to be a treat for Deadpoolfans, the highly-anticipated sequel to the 2016 Ryan Reynolds smash is being pushed up two weeks, from June 1 to May 18.

The move put the action comedy against Sony's Slender Man, but more importantly, has it opening one week before Disney's Solo: A Star Wars Story. It’s a strategic play as even second weeks have been exceptionally strong for Star Wars movies. (The (Last Jedi earned a big $71.5 million in its second weekend in December.)

Fox Smells that Solo Blood in the Water.

Good I hope when the movie bombs Rian Johnson is mentioned as much as possible.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13354337)
Fox Smells that Solo Blood in the Water.

:facepalm:

Disney owns Fox

oaklandhater 01-11-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13354359)
:facepalm:

Disney owns Fox

Not yet.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13354416)
Not yet.

Untrue.

Also, the reason why Deadpool 2 was moved up two weeks is because Gore Verbinsky dropped out of Gambit today and Josh Boone's New Mutants, which was supposed to open on April 13th, has been delayed 10 months.

There's no overlap between New Mutants and Deadpool now.

temper11 01-11-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 13332168)
I started watching The Clone Wars and Rebels because of it. I read my first Star Wars novel last year: the first Star Wars novel I've read in my life.

This is true for me as well.

Red Brooklyn 01-11-2018 03:27 PM

The re-casting has never been an issue for me. I come from a theater background. I'm used to seeing different people play iconic roles. It's more that this just doesn't seem like a story I ever needed to have told to me.

But given the backlash and the true "underdog" nature of this, I'm totally pulling for it. I want this to be a great movie.

RINGLEADER 01-11-2018 10:53 PM

Where's the trailer?

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13355552)
Where's the trailer?

None of the editors can make anything coherent out of it, hence three more weeks of reshoots.

cosmo20002 01-12-2018 12:09 AM

I don't know why people address questions to Dane. He's been wrong about every single thing that he talks about.

Buehler445 01-12-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 13355633)
I don't know why people address questions to Dane. He's been wrong about every single thing that he talks about.

You'll note that nobody is pointing questions to you as nobody gives a flying feces what you have to say.

RINGLEADER 01-12-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13355573)
None of the editors can make anything coherent out of it, hence three more weeks of reshoots.

That’s borderline incredible if it really is reshoots and not pick-ups.

I’m surprised Disney has give KK this kind of blank check given that only one of the films didn’t have major problems or alienate half the fan base.

DaneMcCloud 01-12-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13356350)
That’s borderline incredible if it really is reshoots and not pick-ups.

For sure.

I wonder if it's Thandie Newton's character, as she has said many times that she wasn't involved in the reshoots and that 90% of her work was done with Lord & Miller? Maybe the "tone" of her character was "off" when compared to Ron Howard's vision?

All I know is that it's weird and they're spending a bundle to crack this nut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13356350)
I’m surprised Disney has give KK this kind of blank check given that only one of the films didn’t have major problems or alienate half the fan base.

I'm surprised, too. Unless Solo is a hit, she might not be long for Lucasfilm, especially considering all of the issues surrounding Alden Ehrenriech's portrayal of Han Solo and a Page One reshoot.

Rausch 01-13-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13354166)
On the other hand, re-casting Luke with Sebastian Stan should be a no-brainer and IMO, a Luke Skywalker film that's set between Episode 4 & 5 would have been a much better direction to go, especially after the success of Rogue One.

No offense to Stan (who I think is a great actor) but if you do that after the fan backlash of TLJ it would only get worse.

You can't piss off all the fans with making Luke a jaded asshole, then kill him off, then recast him and rewrite his past.

Just, no...

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2018 05:46 PM

Disney's latest synopsis:

“Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy.

Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.”

Hammock Parties 01-16-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13357474)
You can't piss off all the fans with making Luke a jaded asshole, then kill him off, then recast him and rewrite his past.

They don't have to rewrite his past.

There's plenty of adventure and do-gooder Luke tales to be told in the space between ROTJ and TFA.

cosmo20002 01-16-2018 07:02 PM

Harrison Ford easily does the cool, sarcastic, tough but laid back, scoundrel but not totally bad guy. I envision the new guy doing a Han/Harrison Ford impression and it's going to come off douchey.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2018 11:54 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTwU_ioW4AEpDRe?format=jpg

DaneMcCloud 01-18-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13368299)

This has been picked up by all of the aggregate sites in the past 8 hours and to me, smells like Disney PR trying to get ahead of the game.

RINGLEADER 01-18-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13368299)

That is just too much.

It does tick off all the boxes, but is hardly believable.

It exposes the Disney PR spin by saying “people who didn’t like Episode VIII will like it because of all the ‘fan service’” when a lack of “fan service” was not why “older fans” didn’t like it. It sucked and was just a terribly boring and very stupid story.

Hammock Parties 01-18-2018 04:28 PM

k guys

everything disney turns to shit now and the lowest-grossing star wars film they've made was actually the best one!!!!11one

RINGLEADER 01-21-2018 10:23 AM

So are they ever going to release a trailer or is this thing going straight to video?

Bowser 01-21-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13372888)
So are they ever going to release a trailer or is this thing going straight to video?

Lol

Every time I see this thread bumped I expect to see a trailer for the movie.

Deberg_1990 01-21-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13372888)

Probably soon. Attached to Black Panther or Wrinkle in Time.

sully1983 01-21-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13373075)

that sounds about right. I do keep forgetting that this film has a May release though. Kinda figured it was being released in December (esp with all the re shoots )

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13373075)

That's internet speculations.

Not a word has leaked from Disney, other than that PR stunt posted by Hammock Parties.

RINGLEADER 01-24-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13373908)
That's internet speculations.

Not a word has leaked from Disney, other than that PR stunt posted by Hammock Parties.

Perhaps, in a movie marketing first, they will release the trailer on the film it is promoting!

DaneMcCloud 01-24-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13381069)
Perhaps, in a movie marketing first, they will release the trailer on the film it is promoting!

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2018 12:16 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to local media Mtime, Official Chinese title of Solo: A Star Wars Story is Ranger Solo(游侠索罗). And STAR WARS(星球大战) is abandoned in Solo’s local title after Star Wars: The Last Jedi flopped in China. <a href="https://t.co/FsOTZcxENW">pic.twitter.com/FsOTZcxENW</a></p>&mdash; Gavin Feng (@weier1231997) <a href="https://twitter.com/weier1231997/status/956880384192425987?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2018 12:18 PM

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...-change-china/

As you can see in the tweet above, a fan pointed out that, when translated from the Chinese characters, the film isn't referred to as "Star Wars" at all.

China isn't the only territory where the film will be getting a title tweak, as it will be released in Spain as "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" to avoid any sort of confusion about who the film focuses on.

It seems as though the title change in China, on the other hand, is a direct attempt to confuse audiences, or at least distance the spinoff film from the world of Star Wars.

With The Last Jedi being the third Star Wars film released in three consecutive years, China is seemingly overwhelmed by the amount of content necessary to understand the whole story. The Last Jedi was pulled from virtually every screen after less than three weeks, with its opening weekend numbers failing to even surpass Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

“For a lot of fans, the story of Rogue One made us think of our own country’s revolutionary history,” Chen Tao, who runs a Chinese Star Wars fan forum, pointed out. “A lot of characters in it were just like the Communist Party members who sacrificed themselves for the revolution.”

RINGLEADER 01-27-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

”With The Last Jedi being the third Star Wars film released in three consecutive years, China is seemingly overwhelmed by the amount of content necessary to understand the whole story.”
I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this but there is the answer to why Lucasfilm hit the reset button with TLJ.

They nuked all the importance of the past lore and reset all the mysteries of TFA for a single reason: China doesn’t get it. They eradicated everything we knew about Star Wars so they could reboot all the concepts in a China-friendly way.

Count on it.

Again, I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier.

bowener 01-29-2018 11:06 AM

If we assume that Solo bombs or as a pile of shit on screen, maybe it is a good thing. Two disappointing films in a row might force Disney/Abrams to present a fresh film that is well written and directed.

cosmo20002 01-29-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13384508)
I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this but there is the answer to why Lucasfilm hit the reset button with TLJ.

They nuked all the importance of the past lore and reset all the mysteries of TFA for a single reason: China doesn’t get it. They eradicated everything we knew about Star Wars so they could reboot all the concepts in a China-friendly way.

Count on it.

Again, I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier.

:rolleyes: :facepalm:
ridiculous

Hammock Parties 01-29-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 13386741)
If we assume that Solo bombs or as a pile of shit on screen, maybe it is a good thing. Two disappointing films in a row might force Disney/Abrams to present a fresh film that is well written and directed.

There is nothing "disappointing" about a film that banks 1.3 billion and has 91% positive reviews.

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13387886)
There is nothing "disappointing" about a film that banks 1.3 billion and has 91% positive reviews.

What's your position at Disney again?

Deberg_1990 01-29-2018 08:55 PM

Rumors that it’s getting bumped from it’s May release date

DaneMcCloud 01-29-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13387930)

Duh

Hammock Parties 01-29-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13387930)

Par for the course for the new Star Wars films.

Except the exceptionally well-made, on-time and under budget, THE LAST JEDI.

Just Passin' By 02-01-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

You go right ahead and run with that theory. LMAO

Rausch 02-01-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

That money was made the first two weeks the film was released.

The Asian market hated it, it has the least "return viewing" (going back to the theatre to watch it) of any modern (prequels and sequels) SW's film.

It's now at or under 50% on every major reviewing site that allows reviews by customers.

That said one bad film won't ruin the property. If SWIX is HORRIBLE, just terrible, it will still make 3 quarters of a billion dollars. It will.

If every negative thing everyone has said in this thread is true, and only becomes worse, it will still take in $750 million +...

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13394431)
That said one bad film won't ruin the property. If SWIX is HORRIBLE, just terrible, it will still make 3 quarters of a billion dollars. It will.

If every negative thing everyone has said in this thread is true, and only becomes worse, it will still take in $750 million +...

If Episode IX only earns $750 million at the box office, it'll be a loser and will force Disney to make serious changes.

That said, I'll be surprised if it doesn't earn at least $1.1 billion, minimum.

Solo, on the other hand...

DaneMcCloud 02-02-2018 12:58 PM

Apparently, the first trailer for Solo will be on Good Morning American Monday morning.

Disney/Lucasfilm didn't want to air it during the Super Bowl...

Gravedigger 02-02-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13396747)
Apparently, the first trailer for Solo will be on Good Morning American Monday morning.

Makes sense, the massive amount of viewers between the two is so close that I have no idea what the **** they're thinking. It's a shame they don't have the money to buy the advertiser space to air it....

Deberg_1990 02-02-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Thats odd?

Red Brooklyn 02-02-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Teaser during the game, full trailer on GMA, right?