ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Sneed likely to stay with Chiefs and play the tag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352752)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-15-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17444739)
This has been posted a couple times but yeah, would be great for us this year but my god next year's off season is brutal. 23 players on the roster, Reid, Creed, Bolton, Smith, Butker, Sneed (if he stays), Omenihu, Jaylon Watson, etc etc. And only 48 Million in cap space.

Gonna be a blood bath next year unless we sign a ton of extensions this season.

Gonna have to move on from Thuney next year and restructure Taylor and/or Mahomes too.

...and the cap will go up again....and we will restructure to make room, and we'll back load the guys we do sign. In other words....we'll be fine

VAChief 03-15-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17445104)
I'm the moron? You can't see the obvious issue. You think Veach wants the 19 mil price of the tag? He wants Sneed off the books but Sneed won't budge on his contract demands.

It sounds great to keep him, but I think you want to keep McDuffie and Creed even more, especially considering we know his knees are suspect. It's tough to pay 2 corners big money, if it's between Sneed and McDuffie, I choose McDuffie.

Red Dawg 03-15-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 17445119)
It sounds great to keep him, but I think you want to keep McDuffie and Creed even more, especially considering we know his knees are suspect. It's tough to pay 2 corners big money, if it's between Sneed and McDuffie, I choose McDuffie.

Exactly. This is exactly what Veach is trying to do. He's planning ahead. If McDuffie wasn't really good then Sneed would be extended already.

tyecopeland 03-15-2024 11:21 AM

But what has Rickey said about it now?

morphius 03-15-2024 12:10 PM

I like the way Veach played this one, it shows Sneed how much people other teams are willing to pay him, and that he might not be worth what he thinks he is. It also gives us an out and some picks if someone wants to over pay.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:11 PM

Basically teams went eh we aren't giving up a 2 to give a guy 20 mill a year.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17445026)
Sneed wants highest paid most likely. He thinks he's earned it but he won't get it. If he was thought of that way then a team would gone all in to get him. This may go on for a while.

If he was thought of that way the Lions would have given us #29 before free agency even started.

On top of that be honest with ourselves. It's easier to win this year if Sneed is on the team. We only lose if we deal Sneed on the cheap.

Also. Sneed loves being a Chief. He doesn't want to be Tyreek but this is his one big contract. He can't take a discount.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17445266)
If he was thought of that way the Lions would have given us #29 before free agency even started.

Yea I don't think he wants highest paid but when one team wants your low 1 and another will take much less for 2 players who aren't that far apart. Sneeds better but it isn't a massive gap...yea the deal you take is obvious.

Chargem 03-15-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17444739)
This has been posted a couple times but yeah, would be great for us this year but my god next year's off season is brutal. 23 players on the roster, Reid, Creed, Bolton, Smith, Butker, Sneed (if he stays), Omenihu, Jaylon Watson, etc etc. And only 48 Million in cap space.

Gonna be a blood bath next year unless we sign a ton of extensions this season.

Gonna have to move on from Thuney next year and restructure Taylor and/or Mahomes too.

Might not be as bad as it seems, I am seeing $53m cap space and that includes Toney having his 5th year option picked up for ~15m. With the cap going up, it's more like 70m in cap space.

Plus 2 drafts, another round of RFA/ERFA tenders next year, and some new deals which have a low year 1 cap hit.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-15-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17445273)
Yea I don't think he wants highest paid but when one team wants your low 1 and another will take much less for 2 players who aren't that far apart. Sneeds better but it isn't a massive gap...yea the deal you take is obvious.

I'm not buying the contract demands either. These teams don't want to give the Chiefs ammunition. Last year nobody would trade with the Chiefs in the first round. Now teams are low balling for Sneed even though whoever they draft will probably be an average player at best.

Also the the Steelers wouldn't trade with us because we are the Chiefs.

Veach's wizardry has the whole NFL world on edge.

Mecca 03-15-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17445289)
I'm not buying the contract demands either. These teams don't want to give the Chiefs ammunition. Last year nobody would trade with the Chiefs in the first round. Now teams are low balling for Sneed even though whoever they draft will probably be an average player at best.

Also the the Steelers wouldn't trade with us because we are the Chiefs.

Veach's wizardry has the whole NFL world on edge.

I mean when you win all the time this happens, you don't want to help your competition or you immediately think they know something you don't etc.

DRM08 03-15-2024 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17445255)
Basically teams went eh we aren't giving up a 2 to give a guy 20 mill a year.

But they should. He’s a GREAT player. Just ask Tyreek. “Jammed my ass to Cancun!”

staylor26 03-15-2024 12:49 PM

A little more context to this guy's earlier tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, I was maybe a little ambiguous here. Put it this way: I was told the Chiefs are being reasonable. The bigger question is whether anyone can come to terms with Sneed on a contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768642372437459433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 03-15-2024 12:51 PM

If Sneed isn't able to come to a deal with another team...what makes anyone think that he's going to sign a team friendly deal with us?

New World Order 03-15-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17445344)
A little more context to this guy's earlier tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, I was maybe a little ambiguous here. Put it this way: I was told the Chiefs are being reasonable. The bigger question is whether anyone can come to terms with Sneed on a contract.</p>&mdash; Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1768642372437459433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So we’re definitely not extending him then.

Possible he plays on the tag