ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dental experiences with O.City (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327128)

DJJasonp 12-05-2019 02:47 PM

was enjoying a bowl of hot soup..........till I read this!

wow

Hammock Parties 12-05-2019 02:49 PM

what's wrong with hot soup

Rain Man 12-05-2019 02:59 PM

When you think about the distribution of teeth, is it a bell curve, or is it a logarithmic curve?

In other words, if I asked you to recall the best set of teeth you've ever seen from a combined aesthetic and health standpoint, would you immediately winnow the list down to a select few sets that wowed you? Or are perfect teeth something that should be pretty common so you've got 10 or 20 or 30 percent of patients with excellent teeth that are all perfect or near-perfect?

DJJasonp 12-05-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14635680)
what's wrong with hot soup

something about nasty teeth and tooth decay kind of ruined it for me!

:doh!:

O.city 12-05-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14635692)
When you think about the distribution of teeth, is it a bell curve, or is it a logarithmic curve?

In other words, if I asked you to recall the best set of teeth you've ever seen from a combined aesthetic and health standpoint, would you immediately winnow the list down to a select few sets that wowed you? Or are perfect teeth something that should be pretty common so you've got 10 or 20 or 30 percent of patients with excellent teeth that are all perfect or near-perfect?

Eh, would have to define perfect. Orthodontically perfect is different than say, restoratively perfect. I've got quite a few patients that don't have any restorations (filings, crowns etc) and have had braces so they're pretty.

Just depends what you want/like.

O.city 12-05-2019 03:13 PM

Afternoon inmate is...…..surprise surprise a 21 year old previous (he says) meth and crack user. Guess he hasn't been using for 5 months, he's been in the clink that long.

Extracting a couple molars. Probably needs all his teeth extracted. Sad.

ptlyon 12-05-2019 03:13 PM

"Baby take your teeth out" by zappa comes to mind

O.city 12-05-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635710)
Afternoon inmate is...…..surprise surprise a 21 year old previous (he says) meth and crack user. Guess he hasn't been using for 5 months, he's been in the clink that long.

Extracting a couple molars. Probably needs all his teeth extracted. Sad.

And of course he says he's not numb and is freaking out. Should be a fun afternoon.

O.city 12-05-2019 03:34 PM

Now I get to work on a screaming 8 year old with a tooth ache. Wow, this is turning into a real bang up afternoon.

Is it 5 yet?

Rain Man 12-05-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635706)
Eh, would have to define perfect. Orthodontically perfect is different than say, restoratively perfect. I've got quite a few patients that don't have any restorations (filings, crowns etc) and have had braces so they're pretty.

Just depends what you want/like.

I'm just wondering if there has ever been a specific person where you've said, "That's the best set of chompers I've ever seen."

KS Smitty 12-05-2019 03:40 PM

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-...4fdf3063_1.jpg

O.city 12-05-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14635760)
I'm just wondering if there has ever been a specific person where you've said, "That's the best set of chompers I've ever seen."

Yeah, some of my work!:D

But no, not really. I've seen some really cool cosmetic cases that turned out well.

DJ's left nut 12-05-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635221)
Every night brah.

My hygienist grills people about their habits all the time, I don't anymore. I have a big window in my office, I've extracted teeth and watched people walk out the door, stand in front of my window and light a cigarette after I just said "don't smoke, it increases risk of dry socket".

They always say "oh yeah, I brush and floss daily". So your gums bleed when I touch them because....? Or that shit that looks like bread on your teeth just got there in the last 30 minutes? Ok. Cool.

People are gonna do what they want. They don't listen. I just tell them their options and they can choose what they wanna do.

"I care as much about your teeth as you do".

THEN STOP ASKING ME IF I FLOSS!!!! WE BOTH KNOW I DON'T, GODDAMMIT!

Same dentist for 10 years and every time "how's flossing going...."

Dude, you just had your hygienist tattoo my gums for 10 minutes and my mouth tastes like I got punched. Oh, and when she tried to floss she kept wrecking the string because my wisdom teeth are in all the way and that shit's hard to get in and out because I have pretty much no clearance there.

Everyone in this room knows I didn't floss. Why do you need me to tell you this again?

O.city 12-05-2019 03:53 PM

It's just part of the routine. Honestly.

I say the same 3 or 4 conversation starters to every patient. Then we talk about something else to pass a few seconds, then I check them out then off we go.

Marcellus 12-05-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14635783)
It's just part of the routine. Honestly.

I say the same 3 or 4 conversation starters to every patient. Then we talk about something else to pass a few seconds, then I check them out then off we go.

"How is everything going? Do anything interesting for vacation this year?"

"Have any interesting trips planned?"

"How is the family?"

"Epstein didn't kill himself."