ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Security line getting into the stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320745)

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 12:39 AM

Yeah, these electronic tickets are da'bom....

I'm glad I missed that part too. But hey, I got most of my Cozumel dive schedule set. :)

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjkrueg (Post 14062361)
Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Jesus...

suzzer99 01-22-2019 12:49 AM

That is INSANE. Definitely don't want to be on the far left either - tons more people between you and the gate.

There are so many ways they could fix that situation if they want to. But obviously they want to discourage people from drinking too much in the parking lot - which is pretty ****ing ridiculous for the stadium that bills itself as a tailgaters paradise.

Maybe they have something like TSA pre-screen - where they do a background check on you and you get the light security screen.

007 01-22-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14062772)
Yeah, these electronic tickets are da'bom....

I'm glad I missed that part too. But hey, I got most of my Cozumel dive schedule set. :)

There was one guy in front of us that had his phone die in line. Thats all on him, but E ticketing is still a ****ing disaster.

Etickets are great as a backup but I still prefer a physical ticket. Physical tickets scan faster than e tickets and you don't have to deal with people that aren't electronically adept.

Also, the express lane. ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO What a ****ing joke.

wazu 01-22-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14062798)
There was one guy in front of us that had his phone die in line. Thats all on him, but E ticketing is still a ****ing disaster.

Etickets are great as a backup but I still prefer a physical ticket. Physical tickets scan faster than e tickets and you don't have to deal with people that aren't electronically adept.

Also, the express lane. ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO What a ****ing joke.

My group had several phones dying because of the cold. My phone had the tickets so we were fine, but definitely something to consider if you are going all mobile tickets to a cold weather game.

007 01-22-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 14062799)
My group had several phones dying because of the cold. My phone had the tickets so we were fine, but definitely something to consider if you are going all mobile tickets to a cold weather game.

I've made it a point to have my phone at 100% when I arrive in the parking lot and try to avoid using it while tailgating. Cold can zap a battery but if you are smart with it, that can be avoided. If a persons phone is going from 100% to 0% in line, they need a new phone.

bevischief 01-22-2019 03:13 AM

Boob need his Depends. Can't Depends scalpers.

Angry fan 01-22-2019 03:20 AM

Quote:

Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is the gate in question. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac13145d70.jpg

I remember seeing this from the blimp/helicopter view at some point during the pregame broadcast. I think I saw multiple piles like this, I was kinda surprised.

SuperBowl4 01-22-2019 05:57 AM

But the guy with the rubber gloves was surprisingly gentle!

SAUTO 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14062593)
Probably a lot of first-timers there yesterday.

these people were STH...

Titty Meat 01-22-2019 09:07 AM

I'm surprised there arent fights in line when I went to the Colts game everybody was cutting infront of everyone

Renegade 01-22-2019 09:26 AM

I stood in the "express" lane with no bags no blankets for 45 minutes. I got in line at 345 and through security at 4:30. Taking everything out of the pockets was a pain.

Monty 01-22-2019 09:34 AM

The wait was beyond ridiculous. I bypassed this as my wife's friend is dealing with Parkinson's and we took the handicapped entrance, but that's the only reason we made it in on time. FWIW, the girls weren't even scanned. They were allowed to go straight through, but I think it was due to the utter chaos going on in the lanes next to us.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14060434)
007 said he got in line an hour before kickoff and still missed half of the first quarter. I don't know wtf is going on down there these days but that is flat out unacceptable.

I was in line for an hour and realized that not only had I not gone forward, but people just weren't lining up at ALL, they were simply mashing into to a morass so I wasn't any further back either. I just gave up and walked to a different gate. Missed the first two drives even though we were in line at 4:40.

The community america gate was an unbelievable shit-show and I don't think that was the case everywhere.

DJ's left nut 01-22-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Yep - that's the one.

Look, anyone blaming the fans here has no idea what actually happened. The other gates didn't do this according to anyone else I spoke with. They were moving according to script.

At this gate, however, the line wouldn't move for 10-15 minute intervals and then suddenly the entire thing would just squeeze forward 3-4 strides with people pushing like a phalanx in medieval war. I've had STs for over a decade and while I am usually in early, I've gone in at all different times and with over 100 games of experience under my belt I have NEVER seen anything like that.

The people manning the Community America gate between lots F and E simply lost the damn thread. It was a complete failure on the part of Arrowhead and their security.