ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs "All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318945)

BlackOp 11-19-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13900376)
I hope so. Sadly, I fear it is all about steering the game toward the desired outcome.

And those generally don't bode well for small market midwestern teams.

If KC is up late...you better believe those "mystery" flags are going to fly...seems like defensive holding is their bailout method of choice on failed 3rd downs. They love ignoring holding calls on OL too...*see Steelers comeback in week 2*

On offense, they like calling holding on 1st down....pretty effective way to control momentum swings.

suzzer99 11-19-2018 12:58 PM

I'm getting a little worried about defensive holding every time we have a chance to stop them on 3rd down. The refs know we sorta hold on every play. They can just wait until the highest-leverage spots to call it.

Jerm 11-19-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13900670)
If KC is up late...you better believe those "mystery" flags are going to fly...seems like defensive holding is their bailout method of choice on failed 3rd downs. They love ignoring holding calls on OL too...*see Steelers comeback in week 2*

On offense, they like calling holding on 1st down....pretty effective way to control momentum swings.

Speaking of the Steelers...there were some...interesting...flags yesterday against Jax.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 03:18 PM

Even without all the conspiracy crap, why do this?

The NFL is basically doing something unprecedented. Why? The way this game has been handled has been ridiculous, IMO. All of this is stupid.

tooge 11-19-2018 03:26 PM

All conspiracy theories aside, if you are the NFL, and you have referees that do your games for you, then you, by your actions of letting them ref at this level, are making a statement that they are competant. By changing crews around and plucking different refs from different crews for a game between non conference opponents, you are making a statement that most of your refs aren't competant enough to do this game.

This reeks if you ask me. There are much bigger games than this one every season. Games between conference rivals, division rivals, etc. And all of a sudden they need to cherry pick refs for this game? It reeks of some sort of preference for a predetermined outcome.

Chris Meck 11-19-2018 03:26 PM

y'all Infowars fans?

tooge 11-19-2018 03:33 PM

Well, this has never been done before from what I gather. So why now? It's done for playoff games, and that's it. Why hasn't it been done time after time for late in the year divisional games that are huge? Why this game. THis stinks, and there is no other way around that.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 03:35 PM

Both of us said "conspiracy theories aside".

So forget conspiracy theories.

What LEGITIMATE reason does the NFL have for doing this? It's just dumb.

petegz28 11-19-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13901042)

Agreed.....no reason to do it for a regular season game

Raiderhater 11-19-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Maybe the complaints about the refereeing have started to take some sort of form beyond fans bitching about it to each other? What that form would be I don’t know, I’m just throwing out a possibility.

Chris Meck 11-19-2018 04:30 PM

I think they just know that a Monday night game of two 9-1 teams, featuring two of the young gun top QB's is going to have a huge audience and they just want to get it right.

I mean, I know, not as fun as a huge conspiracy, but, you know...

tooge 11-19-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Exactly. There is no legitimate reason for the NFL to do this, particularly for this game. I mean, aside from it being two 9-1 teams, this really isn't that big of a game. Unless of course, you are trying to make sure that there is a certain outcome for a future game to take place. It freaking smells.

Bump 11-19-2018 04:34 PM

I'm starting to hate primetime games, it seems the refs always try to keep the game close for either ratings or vegas or both.

Frazod 11-19-2018 07:24 PM

Well, I guess we know why the All Star Ref$ were assembled, don't we?

KCCHIEFS27 11-19-2018 07:26 PM

Haha, 2 pathetic calls that really weren't even close.