ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lebron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292871)

beach tribe 06-10-2015 08:20 AM

Damn. Hootie should stick to basketball.

He's actually eating you guys in this arena.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11542496)
Damn. Hootie should stick to basketball.

He's actually eating you guys in this arena.

It's been pretty funny watching all the Kobe dick riders get ass raped by Hootie on this.

Hootie 06-10-2015 08:56 AM

Golden State went 67-15 in a tough conference with teams 2-6 fighting for the 2 seed and they are a "soft, jump shooting team."

Whatever helps to try and tear LeBron down a notch.

There has never been a more likeable superstar in any sport and people HATE him. It's baffling and insane.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542541)
Golden State went 67-15 in a tough conference with teams 2-6 fighting for the 2 seed and they are a "soft, jump shooting team."

Whatever helps to try and tear LeBron down a notch.

There has never been a more likeable superstar in any sport and people HATE him. It's baffling and insane.

I had always loved Lebron. The Decision made me hate him. Didn't like him at any point while he was in Miami. When he went back home I forgave him like I was born and raised in Cleveland. Never Been there once in my life. Lol it's completely irrational.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 09:00 AM

But I totally agree. All Time great player. Great teammate. Great member of his community. Great husband and father. Great role model. #IPromise It's pretty baffling why people hate him.

Hard worker, dedicated, I could go on and on and on and on with great qualities that earn our admiration in people. He possesses so many. Yet, he's hated. ROFL

Hootie 06-10-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11542543)
I had always loved Lebron. The Decision made me hate him. Didn't like him at any point while he was in Miami. When he went back home I forgave him like I was born and raised in Cleveland. Never Been there once in my life. Lol it's completely irrational.

Yes. I was a huge LeBron fan from the get go. I hated the fact he went to Miami and tried to form a "super team." It temporarily made me hate him, too. And I loved that Dallas won that title. As a year or so went by and I started to hate how terrible Chris Bosh was ... LeBron won my respect back. By year 3, my irrational hate subsided and I realized, "gee, this guy might just be the best basketball player I've ever seen."

This series? Good God.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542553)
Yes. I was a huge LeBron fan from the get go. I hated the fact he went to Miami and tried to form a "super team." It temporarily made me hate him, too. And I loved that Dallas won that title. As a year or so went by and I started to hate how terrible Chris Bosh was ... LeBron won my respect back. By year 3, my irrational hate subsided and I realized, "gee, this guy might just be the best basketball player I've ever seen."

This series? Good God.

I'll be honest. Because you're a legit Bulls fan AND you aren't a ****ing idiot like these Kobe dick riders about MJ. I NEVER thought in a million years that Bron could touch MJ until a couple of days ago. As a kid my Dad, who ****ing hates basketball took me to 3 different sonics vs Bulls games because he knew that I needed to see Jordan in person. He wanted to see Jordan in person. Even he knew how amazing Michael was.

No human will ever be as clutch as Mike, but I'm on board with thinking maybe...just ****ing maybe we are currently watching the greatest basketball player to ever play. He has more to prove even if he wins this series. While it would be the greatest accomplishment in the history of team sports, he has to continue an entire career of lights out, elite play.

But it blows my mind and it's why I switched and started rooting for him. My childhood team is dead. I'll never have that passion back. So **** it. I was a Warriors fan, now I'm a Cavs fan. I can do that. David Stern made it happen.

I'm just in complete awe that this guy is currently doing what I've sworn my whole life could NEVER be done. And that's compete with MJ to be the best of all time. And Mike was an asshole. Still is. Bron is such a good guy that I'm rooting hard for him to do it. Win 7 titles plus and ride off into the sunset.

Just amazing...

Hootie 06-10-2015 09:28 AM

I don't measure greatness by amount of titles won. Kobe doesn't have any defining Finals moments. Michael does. LeBron does (and building). I don't do this in any team sport. It's kind of insane. Kobe won 5 titles because, 5 times (at least), his team was the best team in the NBA.

Is this Cavs team the best team in the NBA? Is it the 5th best team?

MJ had a lot of best teams in the NBA ... but you could argue that in '93, '97 and '98 his team wasn't the best team ... he was just the best player that willed his team to win. Kobe has never, and could never do that.

That's why he tried bitching his way out of LA unless David Stern FORCED Memphis to trade Pau to LA so Kobe had a shot. People forget. That was an NBA forced trade. It was ridiculous.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542592)
I don't measure greatness by amount of titles won. Kobe doesn't have any defining Finals moments. Michael does. LeBron does (and building). I don't do this in any team sport. It's kind of insane. Kobe won 5 titles because, 5 times (at least), his team was the best team in the NBA.

Is this Cavs team the best team in the NBA? Is it the 5th best team?

MJ had a lot of best teams in the NBA ... but you could argue that in '93, '97 and '98 his team wasn't the best team ... he was just the best player that willed his team to win. Kobe has never, and could never do that.

That's why he tried bitching his way out of LA unless David Stern FORCED Memphis to trade Pau to LA so Kobe had a shot. People forget. That was an NBA forced trade. It was ridiculous.

I agree, but that's what they play for, and I want to see him get it.

*heading over to Google to check out the Pau trade. Don't remember that at all.

Hootie 06-10-2015 09:43 AM

you have to realize, draft rights to Marc Gasol (48th overall pick) was a throw-in ... and might make you think the trade was actually ok

but at the time, guys like Simmons basically called it the "worst trade ever" and ragged on Chris Wallace (the then Memphis GM) constantly for it ... saying Stern bullied the trade

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542613)
you have to realize, draft rights to Marc Gasol (48th overall pick) was a throw-in ... and might make you think the trade was actually ok

but at the time, guys like Simmons basically called it the "worst trade ever" and ragged on Chris Wallace (the then Memphis GM) constantly for it ... saying Stern bullied the trade

I'm not seeing anything about Stern. From what I'm reading it was just a blatant salary dump by Memphis. If there's more to it, I'm all ears. Pops was ****ing livid over it wanting trade committees established to prevent trades like that.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542613)

What's crazier to me was paying Aaron Mckie 750k to leave his assistant coaching job in Philly to make the numbers work. That's shady as ****. Mckie didn't want to do it and had to bribed to agree.

Hootie 06-10-2015 09:57 AM

I might be mixing up the Paul fiasco with the Pau fiasco but I do remember at the time thinking it was the most insane/ridiculous trade I've ever seen.

It handed the Lakers another two titles.

ARROW2 06-10-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11542468)
You consider everything ... lol ... yet can't tell me what metric(s) you're using to determine Kobe is better than LeBron and neck and neck with Michael except that he has a 'batman' mentality. This is some hilarious shit. LeBron is 41/13/8.5 through 3 Finals games lmao

There isn't a single statistic that exists that shows Kobe to be a superior player to LeBron. Not one. Please tell me all of these things you're considering, I'd love to know. Since there must be several. You used to hoop, I know!

As I said, I am not going to dig up my old posts and repost them. If you don't remember, tough. I am not changing my view.

Hootie 06-10-2015 10:23 AM

That's cool. So Kobe is better than LeBron cuz you're a Kobe fan and you say so! The regular season stats say LeBron, the postseason stats say LeBron, the advanced stats say LeBron, the clutch stats in postseason/regular season say LeBron ... but Arrow2 says Kobe! And he used to play JV!