ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Question about Eric Berry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261101)

milkman 07-04-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8718515)
So, here we are -- discussing an NFL player on a multi billion dollar team and somebody suggests they hold him out the game for a sore knee with no swelling.

No, Wendler. Just no.

It's likely Berry's input put him back on the field for another play more than any other person's input during his eval.

Swelling doen't occur right away.

It takes hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8718585)
I've had MRIs and they dont take all that long. I don't know if there is one at Arrowhead or not... I thought there was.

I do believe that Stevie's hit caused the initial damage and going back on the field finished the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8718625)
I don't know if the Chiefs have one on site.

The thing is, medical professionals aren't perfect and sometimes just have to go with the player.

Its entirely possible Stevie's hit only tore it partially and when he cut, it tore the rest of the way.

Who knows?

Clay is on his 'I hate everything about the Chiefs mantra', so he's fishing for something negative.

For a high level athlete, the only difference bewteen a partial tear and a complete tear of the ACL is that the doctors will have to finish the tear of the partial tear before repairing it.

A partial tear that you rest and allow it to heal on it's own is simply allowing scar tissue to build around the tear.

A world class athlete will lose far more flexibility and strength than he (or she) can afford to lose and still compete at the same high level.

Whether Berry tore the ACL partially and then completed the tear when he returned to the field, or he tore it fully on the Johnson hit (a more likely scenario), the end result would be exctly the same.

Berry was going to have to have it surgically repaired, regardless, and you guys are bitching about nothing.

Marcellus 07-04-2012 04:42 PM

Great, another completely worthless piece of shit thread started by a ****ing moran and continued by another moran.

Ban both the ****ing idiots please. This place would be much better without either one of them and the fact is, no need to mention either by name.

whoman69 07-04-2012 04:43 PM

Why is it that someone always has to be to blame. Shit happens! Deal with it.

BigMeatballDave 07-04-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8718837)
Swelling doen't occur right away.

It takes hours.

For a high level athlete, the only difference bewteen a partial tear and a complete tear of the ACL is that the doctors will have to finish the tear of the partial tear before repairing it.

A partial tear that you rest and allow it to heal on it's own is simply allowing scar tissue to build around the tear.

A world class athlete will lose far more flexibility and strength than he (or she) can afford to lose and still compete at the same high level.

Whether Berry tore the ACL partially and then completed the tear when he returned to the field, or he tore it fully on the Johnson hit (a more likely scenario), the end result would be exctly the same.

Berry was going to have to have it surgically repaired, regardless, and you guys are bitching about nothing.

I was waiting for you to come in and clean things up.

Well done, sir.

RealSNR 07-04-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8718838)
Great, another completely worthless piece of shit thread started by a ****ing moran and continued by another moran.

Ban both the ****ing idiots please. This place would be much better without either one of them and the fact is, no need to mention either by name.

What? Milkman and whoman are both pretty good posters. I don't know what your beef is with them.

BigMeatballDave 07-04-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8718853)
What? Milkman and whoman are both pretty good posters. I don't know what your beef is with them.

:D

Okie_Apparition 07-04-2012 05:05 PM

Don't remember if Berry was here when Jamaal played with one shoulder hanging on by a tendon
These guys are running on adrenaline

Titty Meat 07-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

The worlds biggest crybaby chimes in. Thanks for adding nothing as usual.

whoman69 07-04-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8718853)

As Dan Patrick says, "I see what you did there."

beach tribe 07-04-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs will take care of one of them. Not soon enough, but it's gonna be the icing on this season.

beach tribe 07-04-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8718721)
The kid has obviously never played organized sports of any kind

No way.
Picked last?
More like not even picked.

Hammock Parties 07-04-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8719199)
No way.
Picked last?
More like not even picked.

Oh, I was picked. And then I stole the ball from the quarterback during a play and threw a pick six.

I brought the system down, mother****er.

Titty Meat 07-04-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8719196)
The Chiefs will take care of one of them. Not soon enough, but it's gonna be the icing on this season.

Is there some sort of bet with Clay?

God of Thunder 07-04-2012 10:09 PM

I tore my ACL playing softball last July. I finished the game and still ran to first base before i'd sub in a runner. You can run in a straight line, but making cuts/turns are damn near impossible. More than likely, he tore it on the hit, and noticed in the next play that he had no stability.....I believe he also stated that in an article somewhere.

Rasputin 07-04-2012 10:18 PM

At any rate, he is back for this season & that gives us something to look forward too for his return. He got hurt tried to play on it but it didn't hold up & we lost him for the year. Time to focus on his return. He is back for this season & I'm thinking he won't miss a beat and now it's time for him to rock and roll along side Kendrick Lewis. I am stoked!