ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs No Surgery for Eric Berry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321546)

Bowser 02-27-2019 03:14 PM

I've given up figuring out what is up with Berry. Hopefully he's healthy and 110% ready to go, and I hope he plays like 2016 Berry in 2019. Preferably for us, if he's back at that level.

Beef Supreme 02-27-2019 03:15 PM

I'd say he's day to day.

PAChiefsGuy 02-27-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14127009)
"Berry needs to have surgery!"

"If Berry has Surgery, he's forcing his way onto the roster and won't be healthy! He's gonna **** us!"

"OMG Berry isn't having surgery? He won't be healthy! He's gonna **** us!"

JFC my dudes. Get a grip.

CP is full of emotional drama queens.

poolboy 02-27-2019 03:17 PM

Berry, I luv you man.....but we cant re run this......

TambaBerry 02-27-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14127026)
CP is full of emotional drama queens.

Detoxing is one of those

UChieffyBugger 02-27-2019 03:19 PM

A HEALTHY BERRY WOULD BE INCREDIBLE FOR US TO HAVE NEXT SEASON AND WOULD MAKE SPAGS JOB MUCH EASIER. BUT SADLY THE BED WETTERS WOULD RATHER BE "RIGHT" ABOUT THE LIES/FALLACIES THEY'VE SPEWED ABOUT ERIC THAN HAVE AN ALL-PRO SAFETY BACK IN OUR DEFENSE. IT'S SAD REALLY.

BossChief 02-27-2019 03:20 PM

Andy said after the playoff game that Berry would be back next year.

Hopefully, Berry is fully healed and can give us a couple all pro type seasons before he retires.

I’d much rather treat this like a business and cut him with a June 1st designation and sign a top tier safety that will give us impact for 2019 and 2020 and help us win a title with the 9.5m in cap space.

We could probably sign Collins to a LTD with a first year cap hit of 6m and use the other 3.5 paired with cutting Murray’s 2m and trade for a good corner, too.

I think keeping Berry is a mistake

BossChief 02-27-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14127005)
I love how you guys just make shit up to get all bent up about, and then declare broke-dick-all-his-life Watts as the next starter.

LMAO

Essentially, you guys made up a narrative, it didn't happen, and now you're upset that said narrative didn't play out.

In the end, the Chiefs are in a BETTER position IF they decide to part ways, or we get a healthy Berry back. It's a win/win instead of a lose/lose.

The only thing that didn't happen here is CP's worst case scenario of, "Berry is trying to **** us".

Welp, i guess Berry isn't just "trying to **** us". Deal with it.

Correct

O.city 02-27-2019 03:22 PM

Whats the infatuation with Landon Collins? Am I missing something there?

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14127045)

Don't think he's coming here now anyway. Don't need 2 box safeties. I'm right there with you, though. 1 great season 2 years ago is pretty much what he has going for him.

BossChief 02-27-2019 03:25 PM

Cut berry save 9.5m
Cut Murray save 2m
Sign Collins/Thomas 6-7m first year cap hit max
Trade for PP, Howard, Ramsey, Rhodes
Profit

UChieffyBugger 02-27-2019 03:26 PM

I'd also like to add that this news is hardly a surprise to me CONSIDERING HE WAS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THREE GAMES towards the end of the season. I just think it was an issue that wasn't fully healed, but now he's got a few months to rest it fully the doctors found no issues with the heel and he's been told rest is the cure, simple. A fully fit Berry next season means IF we get the right additions we have a chance to have a real decent secondary and we should all be happy about this.

BossChief 02-27-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14127045)

Coaches by Spags and Merritt. Knows system. Young. Good coverage grade on all advanced metrics sites.

ntexascardfan 02-27-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14127055)
I'd also like to add that this news is hardly a surprise to me CONSIDERING HE WAS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THREE GAMES towards the end of the season. I just think it was an issue that wasn't fully healed, but now he's got a few months to rest it fully the doctors found no issues with the heel and he's been told rest is the cure, simple. A fully fit Berry next season means IF we get the right additions we have a chance to have a real decent secondary and we should all be happy about this.

You are much more of an optimist than I am.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-27-2019 03:29 PM

Lol at any hope that Berry returns to being a really good player with or without surgery.

With it, it’s another injury rehab to set him back. Without it, it’s going to be the same old inflammation bullshit all over again next year. He’s done as a great player.