ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sleep Paralysis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315458)

SuperBowl4 07-07-2018 03:28 AM

You know you're getting old if you injure yourself sleeping

Chiefs4TheWin 07-07-2018 03:32 AM

I've had it happen maybe 4 times in my life. It sucks.

Baby Lee 07-07-2018 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13618572)
Or at least that tiny spinner chick that was the architect.

She doesn't spin, she scissors.

dlphg9 07-07-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13618572)
Or at least that tiny spinner chick that was the architect.

Fun fact, I've never actually watched Inception or Avatar.

Rausch 07-07-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13562909)
Has anyone suffered from this? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move and I tried to yell but nothing came out. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

I've suffered from it without the hallucinations/dreaming.

I've had moments where I was awake but couldn't move or talk and instantly was freaking out and everything slowly came back like when "your leg is asleep."

KChiefs1 07-07-2018 02:37 PM

Why people believe in ghosts.

Buehler445 07-07-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13618597)
She doesn't spin, she scissors.

Huh. That’s criminal to the race.

I’d take my shot at getting her back to straight.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-07-2018 11:23 PM

Maybe on the verge of a messy & embarrassing dream. DO NOT MOVE!

tooge 07-08-2018 12:46 AM

Is it the same as a nightmare? I take some over the counter all natural sleep shit maybe 3 times a week. It’s Lysine, melatonin, etc. I swear, when I take it I have more vivid dreams. Some suck ass and end in my wife waking me up because I was “screaming and moaning”. Those are usually scary as shit.
Anyhow, I know you dream in REM sleep, so I’m fine with it

Simply Red 07-08-2018 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13619353)
Is it the same as a nightmare? I take some over the counter all natural sleep shit maybe 3 times a week. It’s Lysine, melatonin, etc. I swear, when I take it I have more vivid dreams. Some suck ass and end in my wife waking me up because I was “screaming and moaning”. Those are usually scary as shit.
Anyhow, I know you dream in REM sleep, so I’m fine with it

Melatonin doesn't play nicely with me - Benadryl works wonder if you give in an hour or so.

BigRedChief 07-08-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13618657)
I've suffered from it without the hallucinations/dreaming.

I've had moments where I was awake but couldn't move or talk and instantly was freaking out and everything slowly came back like when "your leg is asleep."

I use to perform and analyze sleep studies. Probably about 20% were people freaked out by having an episode of sleep paralysis.

Only had one happen while they were hooked up to all the monitoring leads. Nothing was there besides an increase in heart rate. Normal sinus rhythm. Breathing was normal. At the time(25 years ago) it was one of the few sleep studies to catch an episode while fully monitored.

Medicine had no idea why this was physiologically happening. I sure hope they have a better idea now.

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13562909)
Has anyone suffered from this? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move and I tried to yell but nothing came out. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

Super cool. Your body is sleeping while you are awake. If you are on your back or right side and you try to roll to the left you can actually have your spirit leave your body. You will be floating over your body and you can do a lot from there. It’s a Monroe technique.

BIG_DADDY 07-08-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13619421)
I use to perform and analyze sleep studies. Probably about 20% were people freaked out by having an episode of sleep paralysis.

Only had one happen while they were hooked up to all the monitoring leads. Nothing was there besides an increase in heart rate. Normal sinus rhythm. Breathing was normal. At the time(25 years ago) it was one of the few sleep studies to catch an episode while fully monitored.

Medicine had no idea why this was physiologically happening. I sure hope they have a better idea now.

Really. It’s not all that complicated there are people all over the world trying to induce that state of consciencenes. Medicine, LMFAO

Pick up the book Journeys out of the body by Robert Monroe. This is a very cool thing that could be a date with your own immortality. Then again you could go get some medicine with BRC.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-08-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 13619543)
Super cool. Your body is sleeping while you are awake. If you are on your back or right side and you try to roll to the left you can actually have your spirit leave your body. You will be floating over your body and you can do a lot from there. It’s a Monroe technique.

Wut ????? I gotta try this!!!!

GloucesterChief 07-08-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13619589)
Wut ????? I gotta try this!!!!

Basically, your brain is fully awake but your body is still in deep rem sleep.