ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348846)

Eleazar 07-17-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17019409)
But...he is. He is doing it. We have proof. We have a year of proof. He got open the third most of all rookies in the NFL and now he needs snaps.

What are you talking about?

Advanced metrics are fun. Let's see production.

Mecca 07-17-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019359)
Everyone wants to draft and develop until they start doing it and there's some uncertainty, then they lose their minds and want to spend $ on old names.

I don't mind spending $ (obviously) but spend it on premium guys. Not over the hill guys.

That's because usually you don't have nothing but young guys unless you are a rebuilding team.

I'm not worked up because he went somewhere where he doesn't matter.

Kiimo 07-17-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17019414)
Advanced metrics are fun. Let's see production.

:facepalm:

Lzen 07-17-2023 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17018794)
Boo this man! Neg rep this guy into oblivion!

I don't know if that was true or not but I don't think DHop not signing with the Chiefs makes what this guy said false. Maybe the Chiefs did try to sign him. Maybe they threw everything they could at him that didn't include more money. Maybe DHop just wanted the most money he could get while still playing for what he felt was a playoff team. Of course, this will most likely end in disappointment for him. LMAO

Skyy God 07-17-2023 08:58 AM

Defector headline: DeAndre Hopkins Willingly Agrees To Catch The Rare Titans Pass

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17019426)
I don't know if that was true or not but I don't think DHop not signing with the Chiefs makes what this guy said false. Maybe the Chiefs did try to sign him. Maybe they threw everything they could at him that didn't include more money. Maybe DHop just wanted the most money he could get while still playing for what he felt was a playoff team. Of course, this will most likely end in disappointment for him. LMAO

He went for the most money, which is honestly what 99% of guys do. He tried to get the Chiefs and Bills to playball and it just didn't happen, at least not at the money he wanted.

But him going to a team that is probably at best 8th in the AFC makes him largely a non factor.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019439)
He went for the most money, which is honestly what 99% of guys do. He tried to get the Chiefs and Bills to playball and it just didn't happen, at least not at the money he wanted.

But him going to a team that is probably at best 8th in the AFC makes him largely a non factor.

Apparently the Titans are considered one of the worst teams in the league of you look at betting odds.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019454)
Apparently the Titans are considered one of the worst teams in the league of you look at betting odds.

Yea and then there's this contingent of people even among ones that cover the NFL saying the Titans are "the most slept on team" it's weird how so many think they are still good.

Lzen 07-17-2023 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17019312)
Juju and Hardman made alot of plays for this team. Luckily I believe Richie James is actually pretty good. Having to rely on the injury prone Toney scares the shit outta me.

<iframe width="768" height="432"
src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/cdc4ef3f-a39f-40c7-8672-6083dbd01a80/embed?autoplay=false"
frameborder="0"></iframe>

Didn't Hardman miss over half the season? :spock:

Red Dawg 07-17-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17019475)
Didn't Hardman miss over half the season? :spock:

Yup. Like 8 games and basicly all of the playoffs.

Lzen 07-17-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17019365)
He caught ~20 balls last year, and he has more fumbles lost than touchdowns.

I hope the guy works out, but I think we can pump the brakes on all that.

He took awhile to get learn to play NFL WR in Reid's system. But to use the fumbles stats against him is a little dishonest considering those weren't even when he was playing WR. :shake:

Wisconsin_Chief 07-17-2023 09:27 AM

Why are we still posting in this thread? Close it and lock it until we revisit it in two years when this turd fizzles out of the league after winning exactly 0 playoff games in Tennessee. Then we can all talk about what a useless shithead he is.

O.city 07-17-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17019376)
Yeah, I'm not saying these guys are bad, but I think we have a list of guys you'd think of more as slot receivers and role players behind someone else.

We're missing the guy who could be the 1/2 punch with Kelce, a Kupp-type reliable first down WR, or someone like a Brown, Jefferson, Diggs, etc who can create problems in a lot of different ways at all levels of the defense.

If Toney can stay healthy then maybe we've got a pretty good group, but he's been hurt for the majority of his 3 seasons in the league, I don't know how you can count on that.

With the high paid profile guys we have on the OL, QB, DL etc they've gotta get cheap draft pick production somewhere.

Seems Andy has been able to do it thru his career at WR so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

O.city 07-17-2023 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019417)
That's because usually you don't have nothing but young guys unless you are a rebuilding team.

The Chiefs basically are a rebuilding at WR team.

Eleazar 07-17-2023 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019490)
With the high paid profile guys we have on the OL, QB, DL etc they've gotta get cheap draft pick production somewhere.

Seems Andy has been able to do it thru his career at WR so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

I wouldn't say I'm worried per se, but I think most people would point to the WR group as being the team's weakness until proven otherwise.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019493)
The Chiefs basically are a rebuilding at WR team.

Yea and SB contenders generally don't do that.

O.city 07-17-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17019496)
I wouldn't say I'm worried per se, but I think most people would point to the WR group as being the team's weakness until proven otherwise.

Unproven, for sure.

A weakness? I dunno. With Mahomes at QB and Andy at HC.....seems like it should work out pretty well. I don't know how we can see it as less than last year and that worked out fine?

O.city 07-17-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019500)

They rebuilt at OL, were a contender

Rebuilt at WR, were a contender, won a SB.

Rebuilt the secondary, were a contender, won a SB.

I guess I'm not really getting the issue.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 09:43 AM

Meh. We'll be fine. MVS and Toney have already proven to be able to step up and ball out when it's their time, and Moore and Rice both will grow into their respective roles.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019506)

Even those positional rebuilds were generally centered around 1 or 2 guys that were reliable enough to get through.

The rebuilt OL featured Joe Thuney who's probably the best guard in the league and OT's that weren't rookies even if you hated them.

The secondary featured a 1st round pick, a safety room with experience and Sneed.

Last year's WR room had JuJu to at least be a consistent presence for the most part.

I'm not saying the position will sink the team but the biggest thing it lacks are just a consistent presence. MVS has never been that, Toney can't stay on the field so then we are to a bunch of guys that just have never done it.

Eleazar 07-17-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019501)
Unproven, for sure.

A weakness? I dunno. With Mahomes at QB and Andy at HC.....seems like it should work out pretty well. I don't know how we can see it as less than last year and that worked out fine?

We're not going to fall off a cliff, but it's a very CP thing to be overly optimistic about draft picks.

We need someone who can move chains in critical situations like JuJu could. He wasn't completely healthy last year but you look at some of our close games, the SB, Texans game, Titans, later in the season against the Donks - those were his best games. A critical first down changes the outcome a lot of weeks in the NFL.

We don't really have anyone who can definitely fill that role, and we need to replace ~80 receptions and ~1000 yards. The main concern with the team this year might be how we're going to do that.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019514)
Meh. We'll be fine. MVS and Toney have already proven to be able to step up and ball out when it's their time, and Moore and Rice both will grow into their respective roles.

MVS is MVS he'll have 1-3 games where he has a big game and then the rest of the games he'll be largely invisible with a catch here and there, that is his entire career.

Toney I'll believe he'll stay healthy when he does, talent is there but he's legit always hurt.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17019517)
We're not going to fall off a cliff, but it's a very CP thing to be overly optimistic about draft picks.

We need someone who can move chains in critical situations like JuJu could. He wasn't completely healthy last year but you look at some of our close games, the SB, Texans game, Titans, later in the season against the Donks - those were his best games. A critical first down changes the outcome a lot of weeks in the NFL.

We don't really have anyone who can definitely fill that role, and we need to replace ~80 receptions and ~1000 yards. The main concern with the team this year might be how we're going to do that.

Start praying that Skyy Moore is ready to be a somebody and Richie James is more than a punt returner.

NJChiefsFan 07-17-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019417)

Agreed. Would have been fun to have him and think about the possibilities but as long as he didn't go to a contender I'm ok with it.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

The combination of Moore and Rice will be more than sufficient in filling that role.

Mecca 07-17-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019528)
The combination of Moore and Rice will be more than sufficient in filling that role.

Do we actually believe Rashee Rice is going to see the field very much?

ptlyon 07-17-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

WBF

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019538)

Yes?

T-post Tom 07-17-2023 09:57 AM

"Dollar signs." No surprise. At least Nuk will be able to watch the Super Bowl in a well furnished home theater.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019541)
Yes?

Well I hope so...

Chief Roundup 07-17-2023 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019538)

A little more than Moore did last year.

O.city 07-17-2023 10:11 AM

JJSS is a fungible player and if Skyy Moore can't fill that role we have bigger issues.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019555)
JJSS is a fungible player and if Skyy Moore can't fill that role we have bigger issues.

JJSS was at the very least a proven reliable NFL commodity.

Dunerdr 07-17-2023 10:15 AM

I think that the Kansas City Chiefs, my favorite team, are poised to make a run at another title!

Hoover 07-17-2023 10:18 AM

There was no way KC would have ever been in on something like that. I'd rafter extend Jones and Sneed

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:24 AM

Pretty amazing that people act like it's a stretch to think we can replace JSS with one or some combination of Moore, James, and Rice.

dirk digler 07-17-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019521)
Start praying that Skyy Moore is ready to be a somebody and Richie James is more than a punt returner.

Richie James is a veteran and had like 60 catches and 7-8 TD's last year with Daniel ****ing Jones.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019565)
Pretty amazing that people act like it's a stretch to think we can replace JSS with one or some combination of Moore, James, and Rice.

Yeah, it's puzzling.

So much handwringing over replacing JJSS and Hardman w/ Rice and James.

That's it - that's all we've done. And Hardman missed most of last season (and was a whipping boy when he was in there). JJSS didn't DO anything but run 5 yard routes and stand in space.

"JJSS was reliable..." No he wasn't. He was a known quantity and part of what was known was that he is NOT reliable due to a chronic knee issue. The one thing we reliably know about JJSS is that he can be relied on not to ever beat man coverage. His greatest contribution there was drawing a holding call because Andy deked the hell out of Bradberry with those route combinations.

I just don't see any loss there. And there's plenty of room for improvement - even from guys like James (a veteran in a similar system last season in NYG) and MVS, who was SO close to being a massive weapon for us so many times. Oh, and who had the game of his life in the AFCCG.

Not sceered.

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019500)

Do SB contenders generally trade their stud WR1 and win a SB with stop gaps?

Should've known you'd be a drama queen after missing out on Hopkins.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2023 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17019570)
Richie James is a veteran and had like 60 catches and 7-8 TD's last year with Daniel ****ing Jones.

Right? When did Richie James turn into some POS bit of roster fodder? Guy has a really nice season last year with a QB who simply can't throw it where he aims. He gets outstanding separation and has plenty of NFL experience. The tools are there for him to be quite good and if he's nothing BUT who he was last season, he's still awfully valuable.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16979662)
Nobody's offering him the money he thinks he deserves. He'll keep taking guided tours until someone does.

Even if that means playing for the Falcons.

Guys looking to contend don't take visits with the Titans. He's looking for the bag. And honestly, I think he's probably worth what OBJ got (who was NOT worth what he got) but I also think the team can put that money to fine use elsewhere and have the pieces in place to operate just fine without him.

Hopkins would be the 2nd best WR this franchise has had since Otis Taylor - but he's not a necessity.

Went to the team that wrote him the largest check. Once he was slow-playing FA, it was clear what he was doing.

Moving on...

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019574)
Right? When did Richie James turn into some POS bit of roster fodder? Guy has a really nice season last year with a QB who simply can't throw it where he aims. He gets outstanding separation and has plenty of NFL experience. The tools are there for him to be quite good and if he's nothing BUT who he was last season, he's still awfully valuable.

He signed a roster fodder contract so that's what happens.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019572)
Do SB contenders generally trade their stud WR1 and win a SB with stop gaps?

Should've known you'd be a drama queen after missing out on Hopkins.

No one's being a drama queen, it's a perfectly reasonable conversation to say the WR room has questions everywhere.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019577)

Okay? Why is that an indictment on him? If anything that's a pat on the back for Veach getting a quality contributor at that price point.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019577)

Always a good idea to decide on a player's utility via the size of his paycheck...

O.city 07-17-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019556)
JJSS was at the very least a proven reliable NFL commodity.

JJSS put up 200 ish more yards than Richie James last year on 24 more receptions. I'd say James is proven enough.

loochy 07-17-2023 10:39 AM

At least he's not on the Bills or on a real rival team.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:39 AM

And James actually found the end zone. For all this talk about how 'reliable' JJSS was, he got in 3 times all season. That's actually pretty lousy for the #1 guy.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019581)
Always a good idea to decide on a player's utility via the size of his paycheck...

That's how it gets perceived, it's why a bunch of people think Watson will make the team.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019579)
No one's being a drama queen, it's a perfectly reasonable conversation to say the WR room has questions everywhere.

Every team has questions. Ours has fewer than most, if not ALL of them.

And the one area where we have the most questions A) Has some really nice possible answers and B) Is the area on this team that the baddest man on the planet can do the most to help out.

It's a cap league - teams are SUPPOSED to have questions. But we're not appreciably worse off than we were a year ago when won the 'ship.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019582)
JJSS put up 200 ish more yards than Richie James last year on 24 more receptions. I'd say James is proven enough.

Out of curiosity if they are that close why did one get a pretty substantial contract and the other get next to nothing, it's a fair question I think.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019586)

And the one area where we have the most questions A) Has some really nice possible answers and B) Is the area on this team that the baddest man on the planet can do the most to help out.

It's a cap league - teams are SUPPOSED to have questions. But we're not appreciably worse off than we were a year ago when won the 'ship.

And I'm not saying it won't largely be a non issue or anything like that, just on paper going into the year we probably come in at like 26 or 27 at WR in the league currently.

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Sure, Jan.

James is only a PR.

Can't project a big year 2 jump for Moore.

Rice won't play, even though everybody else is unreliable or shit.

Chief Pagan 07-17-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019506)

Yes, KC is still a contender. But isn't much of a margin or a lot of guarantees in the NFL.

If Toney is spending a lot if time injured, that can put more pressure on Kelce to stay in the game when you would rather see him do more load management.

Can Mahomes win with basically JAGs at WR. Yes, but he also takes more hits in order to do so and again the margin for winning gets reduced.

Sure, these are great problems to have compared to 31 other NFL teams.

But I rather suspect that Toney's health for the post season is going to be big, big, story line for a very good reason.

Ah, what am saying? Of course KC will just waltz into another SB appearance...

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019586)

Think we're positioned quite well comparatively to this point last year.

Bearcat 07-17-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019521)

lol, I'll probably just enjoy the season and watching them contend for another AFCCG appearance like they have every year Mahomes has started..... despite bad defense, or a bad offensive line, or more bad defense, or a few weeks where everything went wrong, or no Tyreek, or high ankle sprains, or the NFL being against the Chiefs at every turn, or....

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019591)
Think we're positioned quite well comparatively to this point last year.

I don't know how this isn't the consensus.

It's a young group, but much more talented and more depth, along with Toney and Moore being in year 2.

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17019592)
lol, I'll probably just enjoy the season and watching them contend for another AFCCG appearance like they have every year Mahomes has started..... despite bad defense, or a bad offensive line, or more bad defense, or a few weeks where everything went wrong, or no Tyreek, or high ankle sprains, or the NFL being against the Chiefs at every turn, or....

"Start praying" but he isn't being a drama Queen :rolleyes:

dirk digler 07-17-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019574)

Yep. So I went and looked up his stats for last season and I overstated his TD's but he had 57 receptions (70 targets) and 4 TD's. He was the Giants leading WR though in both of those categories. He also had a QB that was middle of the pack in attempts (472) compared to Mahomes 648.

Skyy God 07-17-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17019581)

I mean, I prefer to maximize production per unit of salary cap allocation.

Some guys/gals think expensive is automatically better, tho.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019593)
I don't know how this isn't the consensus.

It's a young group, but much more talented and more depth, along with Toney and Moore being in year 2.

I'm talking the whole team. Mahomes and Kelce are Mahomes and Kelce, the WR room is kind of a wash at this point and has the potential to be a pleasant surprise ala the rookie CBs last season, the OL should be improved if Donovan Smith proves last year was a fluke, the DL got DEMONSTRABLY better with the addition of Omenihu/subtraction of Clark, and the back end gets another collective year of experience.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019595)
"Start praying" but he isn't being a drama Queen :rolleyes:

God damn it's a reasonable ****ing debate, it doesn't mean the team sucks. You can believe they'll be good the same as it can be questioned because well it's an unproven room.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019600)
God damn it's a reasonable ****ing debate, it doesn't mean the team sucks. You can believe they'll be good the same as it can be questioned because well it's an unproven room.

LMAO You're the one who started the post with 'start praying'. That's a pretty wild opening salvo when your argument is 'the WR room is relatively unproven'.

staylor26 07-17-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17019600)

"Start praying" isn't reasonable debate.

James is nothing more than a PR isn't reasonable debate.

James is only as good as the contract we gave him isn't reasonable debate.

Automatically assuming Rice doesn't contribute much isn't reasonable debate.

You're being a drama queen whether you want to acknowledge it or not :shrug:

Eleazar 07-17-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

No one here has said the sky is falling or that the team is taking a step backward from being contenders.

We're just discussing a WR group that will collectively be asked to be a lot bigger contributors than they've ever been on an NFL team before, and if there's anyone on the roster who could be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

If anything the dramatic behavior is coming from the people who are shocked that anyone might have questions about it.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019603)
LMAO You're the one who started the post with 'start praying'. That's a pretty wild opening salvo when your argument is 'the WR room is relatively unproven'.

Ok that was slightly over the top other than if you should pray for Toney to stay healthy, I'll lay it on that one.

Skyy Moore should be able to be a solid starter at this point. But again you're expecting something he hasn't shown you when you think that.

dirk digler 07-17-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019604)
"Start praying isn't reasonable debate.

You're being a drama Queen whether you want to acknowledge it or not :shrug:

I really hope Rice doesn't get the Reid rookie WR treatment. They need to play him early on.

New World Order 07-17-2023 10:52 AM

SO IT TURNS OUT THAT THIS GUY IS TRULY A GIGANTIC PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17019611)
I really hope Rice doesn't get the Reid rookie WR treatment. They need to play him early on.

That's a myth. Maclin and Jackson both got a huge amount of work as rookies. Hardman was behind Hill, Kelce, and Watkins at the very least for touches and Moore had his confidence cratered being thrown out on PR duty when he was wholly unsuited for it.

Mecca 07-17-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019604)
"Start praying" isn't reasonable debate.

James is only as good as the contract we gave him isn't reasonable debate.

You're being a drama queen whether you want to acknowledge it or not :shrug:

Because the Chiefs in the tenure of Andy Reid have generally not gotten big contributes out of rookie WR's. We had a questionable room last year and Skyy Moore didn't really do a whole lot.

Richie James is what he is, basically every team in the league has a guy like that, he's not gonna go out there and be a top 2 WR.

From WR 3-7 the Chiefs are pretty good lotta a depth but 1 and 2 is where the issue lays for the most part.

LagunaSWana 07-17-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17019582)

And one had Patrick Mahomes throwing to him and the other had Daniel Jones throwing to him.

RunKC 07-17-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

When you have arguably the greatest offensive coach in NFL history combined with arguably the most talented QB to ever play, well you're gonna be able to cut corners and make a lot of shit work.

This isn't Alex Smith. We have an unbelievable disparity when it comes to everyone else. We're graded on a curve.

Don't believe me? Look at Josh Allen and how he's struggled to push through. Look at Joe Burrow being carried by his team having zero 4th quarter playoff TD's or TD drives.

Our risk tolerance is on a whole other level and last year was full proof of that. Mahomes is that much better than everyone else.

staylor26 07-17-2023 11:00 AM

Andy Reid is too good of an offensive mind, and Mahomes is too good of a QB, for all the young talent in that WR room to disappoint.

I'm just not concerned even though I have no issue acknowledging that the WR room is unproven today.

Eleazar 07-17-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17019616)
That's a myth. Maclin and Jackson both got a huge amount of work as rookies. Hardman was behind Hill, Kelce, and Watkins at the very least for touches and Moore had his confidence cratered being thrown out on PR duty when he was wholly unsuited for it.

Jackson mainly got to start because of injuries. They made a big deal at the time that he was the first rookie to be an opening day starter for Andy Reid, after he'd been there like 10 years.

But those guys were better prospects as well, Jackson had truly elite speed and was a plus kick returner. Maclin was a much higher level prospect and might have been a top 10 pick before he was injured at the combine IIRC.

FlaChief58 07-17-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17019613)

Yip

notorious 07-17-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

THERE WAS NEVER A DOUBT!!!!

RunKC 07-17-2023 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17019626)
Andy Reid is too good of an offensive mind, and Mahomes is too good of a QB, for all the young talent in that WR room to disappoint.

I'm just not concerned even though I have no issue acknowledging that the WR room is unproven today.

Andy Reid was producing a top offense with Donovan McNabb throwing to Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and James Thrash.

It's crazy that people forget this. Andy is that ****ing good man

Skyy God 07-17-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Some of us caught on to this sooner than others…..

Skyy God 07-17-2023 11:10 AM

Anyone done a wellness check on MegaMoron??

Mecca 07-17-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17019639)
Andy Reid was producing a top offense with Donovan McNabb throwing to Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis and James Thrash.

It's crazy that people forget this. Andy is that ****ing good man

I don't think the team is going to suck, the issue is with the other top teams your margins are razor thin, that's all.