ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

BWillie 05-05-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12859086)
I love LoCain, but he's not worth resigning to a large contract. Moose, I'd pay.

Lo Cain is the best player on the team.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-05-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 12859098)
Define large contract. 4 years at 16.5? I might bite on that. An injury this year would make it pretty hard for him to get anything more than 3 years, which would be intriguing to me.

He only has 1 season of baseball above .800 OPS. His game is centered on speed\defense, which we're already starting to see decline. That all being said, signing him for anything more than a 2 year contract above 10 mil per isn't worth it. Right this moment (no pun intended), you've got value in him because he's freshly removed from being one of the focal points of 2 WS runs, and he hasn't fallen off that cliff just yet. You could get a return on him.

1 year from now you cannot\will not - See Alex Gordon.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-05-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12859114)
Lo Cain is the best player on the team.

With a .756 OPS. That's amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the feels of keeping the aging\declining vet who is a career hometown player on the roster to complete his career. I love Alex Gordon and LoCain. They brought some of the greatest moments this town will ever see. But you keep them as compliments to the team, not as the centerpieces where you are hamstringing your budget causing you to not be able to do anything. That doesn't work in today's baseball, or more specifically for this franchise\market.

siberian khatru 05-05-2017 10:23 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> place RHP Ian Kennedy on DL w/right hamstring strain. Recall RHP Miguel Almonte from NW Arkansas</p>&mdash; Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldbergkc/status/860529618696237056">May 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure-Oz 05-05-2017 10:23 AM

@Royals: We have placed RHP Ian Kennedy on the DL with a right hamstring strain and recalled @MiguelAlmonte27 from @nwanaturals. #Royals

@Royals: (Cont.) Almonte was 1-0 with a 1.85 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 24.1 innings for the Naturals this season. #Royals

Unsmooth-Moment 05-05-2017 10:27 AM

and so it begins. There will be a lot of youngsters playing this year.

tk13 05-05-2017 10:47 AM

Almonte really has unhittable stuff if he ever learns to harness it. It would be amazing if he finally figured it out.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-05-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12859188)
Almonte really has unhittable stuff if he ever learns to harness it. It would be amazing if he finally figured it out.

Miguel or Danny?:D

Can you believe that happened 16 years ago? Jeeez I'm old.

Meatloaf 05-05-2017 01:45 PM

Can someone help me out here? I'm wondering what the implications would be if we sent Gordon back to Omaha? If someone claimed him, would they be on the hook for Gordon's contract or would we still be saddled with that thing. I'm assuming that the team claiming Gordon would have to meet the contract obligations....in which case, I doubt anyone would claim him. And, in that case, the Royals would be paying a huge contract to a guy playing for Omaha.

If that assessment is correct, I don't really see the downside of sending Gordo to Omaha. First of all, it'd open up a Roster spot for a better hitter (maybe moving Bonifacio to LF, Soler to RF) while ridding ourselves of a .220 lightweight (as proven by last year's batting average together with this year's continued assault on Mendoza (with zero power)).

Anyway, would this work or have I misconstrued how contracts/waivers work?

Demonpenz 05-05-2017 02:16 PM

Gordon would probably not report to AAA

Why Not? 05-05-2017 02:32 PM

Never would happen. He would ask and be granted an outright release first.

lewdog 05-05-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12859436)
Gordon would probably not report to AAA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12859453)
Never would happen. He would ask and be granted an outright release first.

This.

Most you'll get is benching him for a stretch.

Or tell him to fake an injury, place on 10 day DL, and open up a roster spot for someone else for a few weeks.

siberian khatru 05-05-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12859395)
Can someone help me out here? I'm wondering what the implications would be if we sent Gordon back to Omaha? If someone claimed him, would they be on the hook for Gordon's contract or would we still be saddled with that thing. I'm assuming that the team claiming Gordon would have to meet the contract obligations....in which case, I doubt anyone would claim him. And, in that case, the Royals would be paying a huge contract to a guy playing for Omaha.

If that assessment is correct, I don't really see the downside of sending Gordo to Omaha. First of all, it'd open up a Roster spot for a better hitter (maybe moving Bonifacio to LF, Soler to RF) while ridding ourselves of a .220 lightweight (as proven by last year's batting average together with this year's continued assault on Mendoza (with zero power)).

Anyway, would this work or have I misconstrued how contracts/waivers work?

As a veteran player he would have to consent. And he wouldn't.

BWillie 05-05-2017 04:03 PM

I'm ready to trade EVERYONE.

YOUNG GUY 120 LOSS A YEAR ROSTER
1B - Hunter Dozier
2B - Corey Toups
3B - Cheslor Cuthbert
SS - Raul Mondesi
C - Salvador Perez
DH - Ryan O'Hearn
LF - Jorge Bonifacio
CF - Billy Burns
RF - Jorge Soler
UTILITY - Whit Merrifield

siberian khatru 05-05-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12859556)
I'm ready to trade EVERYONE.

YOUNG GUY 120 LOSS A YEAR ROSTER
1B - Hunter Dozier
2B - Corey Toups
3B - Cheslor Cuthbert
SS - Raul Mondesi
C - Salvador Perez
DH - Ryan O'Hearn
LF - Jorge Bonifacio
CF - Billy Burns
RF - Jorge Soler
UTILITY - Whit Merrifield

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KBKXu3Kg4yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>