ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Ellen Page is gay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281494)

WhiteWhale 02-18-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10439193)
What about straight couples who have no desire to procreate or those that know before they get married that they cannot procreate? In your scenario, they shouldn't be allowed to marry either and enjoy the "special benefits" of marriage.

I guess individuals that feel this way should be pushing for legislation to have all children raised by single parents put up for adoption by traditional families.

Here's the sad thing.

IF a gay couple adopts a kid, they're not taking that kid from some straight couple. There are more than enough poor suffering children that need a home.

People actually think 'the system' is better for kids than the horror of being raised by a gay couple who would love them.

Pablo 02-18-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10439178)
Now THIS guy really cares. He did math and stuff.

Yeah, I used all of my fingers and toes.

ping2000 02-18-2014 11:48 AM

If any else comes out of the closet, this board is going to explode. Are we going to consolidate them? One thread for chicks, one for dudes? One thread for Hollywood, one for sports?

Donger 02-18-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

What about straight couples who have no desire to procreate or those that know before they get married that they cannot procreate? In your scenario, they shouldn't be allowed to marry either and enjoy the "special benefits" of marriage.

You seem to be ignoring the history of marriage. It's a "tradition" going back, what, a thousand years?

LoneWolf 02-18-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10439200)
Here's the sad thing.

IF a gay couple adopts a kid, they're not taking that kid from some straight couple. There are more than enough poor suffering children that need a home.

People actually think 'the system' is better for kids than the horror of being raised by a gay couple who would love them.

I agree. My wife and I adopted a son because we supposedly can't have children. The amount of children out there needing homes is huge. A child being raised by a gay couple is much better off than a child going through the system.

LoneWolf 02-18-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10439212)
You seem to be ignoring the history of marriage. It's a "tradition" going back, what, a thousand years?

There are a lot of traditions that were thousands of years old that no longer exist as traditions.

Donger 02-18-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10439225)
There are a lot of traditions that were thousands of years old that no longer exist as traditions.

Such as?

Donger 02-18-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10439220)
I agree. My wife and I adopted a son because we supposedly can't have children. The amount of children out there needing homes is huge. A child being raised by a gay couple is much better off than a child going through the system.

Good for you. That's heart-warming.

And, I tend to agree with the second part.

WhiteWhale 02-18-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10439220)

I don't know what the worst thing a gay couple can do to a young developing mind, but I know 'the system' churned out Charlie Manson.

So, yeah. Until they churn out someone worse, I'm sticking to that position.

WhiteWhale 02-18-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10439231)
Such as?

Well, Slavery was an institution that was as old as recorded history (and likely older) and that's widely frowned upon world-wide now.

So... there's one thing. It still exists though, sadly enough. It's not legal in the civilized world though.

patteeu 02-18-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

I guess individuals that feel this way should be pushing for legislation to have all children raised by single parents put up for adoption by traditional families.

Neither of these criticisms has any merit in terms of undermining "my scenario". There's no requirement for a law to be designed to perfectly achieve an objective. It's enough that it pursues an approximation of that objective. That's why it's OK to use age to determine when people can do such things as entering into a binding contract. It's very likely that there are some 17 year olds who are more mature, intelligent and capable of responsibly entering into a contract than some 22 year olds, but for the sake of administrative simplicity we accept a bright line rule based on age because it achieves an adequate approximation of our goal.

patteeu 02-18-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10439209)
If any else comes out of the closet, this board is going to explode. Are we going to consolidate them? One thread for chicks, one for dudes? One thread for Hollywood, one for sports?

Mega threads that are intended to be a catchall are horrible.

KC native 02-18-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10439170)
I'm not sure what implication you are trying to make, but okay.

When I read your posts, I hear his voice. I wouldn't be surprised if you bore a physical resemblance to him either.

KC native 02-18-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10439199)
You do love to troll and lie. I can't imagine why Frazod thought you were a worthless piece of shit.

You stated that there were rational arguments for discriminating against homosexuals. When I and others asked you what they were, you didn't answer.

There is no lying in what I said. Here's your second chance to offer your rational arguments for discriminating against homosexuals.

patteeu 02-18-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10439322)
You stated that there were rational arguments for discriminating against homosexuals. When I and others asked you what they were, you didn't answer.

There is no lying in what I said. Here's your second chance to offer your rational arguments for discriminating against homosexuals.

No one should believe your characterizations.