ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

Mr. Plow 03-19-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13478908)
ya'll sure love to watch a show you think sucks just so you can bitch about it online LMAO

I'm watching until the end of this session then I'm out.

dlphg9 03-19-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13478908)
ya'll sure love to watch a show you think sucks just so you can bitch about it online LMAO

I can't stop watching. I've been in since the beginning

vailpass 03-19-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 13478538)
No. I don't have a problem with that as it is one of the rules they set when the show began. My issue is when they start changing the rules like walker blood now infects people....

Yeah that walker blood angle is just plain stupid. They had a great run but someone needs to mercy this show.

Hammock Parties 03-19-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13479058)
Yeah that walker blood angle is just plain stupid. They had a great run but someone needs to mercy this show.

They're just following the comics. It's canon that getting walker blood in your bloodstream leads to turning.

vailpass 03-19-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13478924)
I can't stop watching. I've been in since the beginning

Yep.

Easy 6 03-20-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13477667)
I'm not 100% sure but I think they're setting up the New World Order people. That's what that smelled like to me.

I have no clue about the comics, but some quick googling seems to bear out your hypothesis, those in the know are all over that angle... Michonnes long lost daughter is apparently living the 'Commonwealth'

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...der-tv-series/

Sure-Oz 03-20-2018 09:45 PM

Enjoyed the episode. Curious who these new people are too. Wish I wasnt 150 issues behind on the comic

Yosef_Malkovitch 03-21-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 13480994)
Enjoyed the episode. Curious who these new people are too. Wish I wasnt 150 issues behind on the comic

Here you go:

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Walking-Dead

Sure-Oz 03-21-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 13481245)

Woah. Thanks! :)

notorious 03-21-2018 09:20 AM

Decent episode. “BULL SHIT!” guy is about to be handed over to garbage pail lady.

Easy 6 03-21-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13481445)
Decent episode. “BULL SHIT!” guy is about to be handed over to garbage pail lady.

Yep, it was nice to watch one that didnt almost put me to sleep

They managed to move the plot along, introduce some new characters, and throw in some decent action... not bad

dlphg9 03-21-2018 06:53 PM

I guess it wasn't too bad of an episode. I just rewatched. I go into it expecting it to be shitty, so I am already biased towards hating it. It was the best episode in awhile.

Randallflagg 03-24-2018 09:00 PM

Someone told me that (eventually) Negan actually works with Rick and the folks at the hilltop...don't know if it's true or not, but I "believe" that it was in the comic books...

Yosef_Malkovitch 03-25-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13487519)
Someone told me that (eventually) Negan actually works with Rick and the folks at the hilltop...don't know if it's true or not, but I "believe" that it was in the comic books...

Yep. IIRC, at one point Negan actually save's Rick's life.

They never become friends, but they do have a respect for each other.

KC_Lee 03-25-2018 08:15 PM

Hoping, every episode of this season, that the producers, directors, and writers will pull it together. This week's episode started so promisingly and then devolved into the most predictable load of hot garbage.

dlphg9 03-25-2018 10:17 PM

More sloppy writing. They miss a shit ton of people when they open fire, I mean they were in a wide open area and only a few of them get shot. How the **** does no one hear a ****ing walker rolling down the steps? Then they groan and make all kinds of noise. There is also a baby crying. You would think they wouldn't be the deepest sleepers in the world especially with what has happened. I didn't completely hate the episode though. Just more stupid unexplainable bullshit.

kjwood75nro 03-26-2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13489381)
More sloppy writing. They miss a shit ton of people when they open fire, I mean they were in a wide open area and only a few of them get shot. How the **** does no one hear a ****ing walker rolling down the steps? Then they groan and make all kinds of noise. There is also a baby crying. You would think they wouldn't be the deepest sleepers in the world especially with what has happened. I didn't completely hate the episode though. Just more stupid unexplainable bullshit.

It's just that the walkers' abilities vary based on the plot's needs. They're silent, deadly ninja assassins when necessary (Dale, the prison illness, the Hilltop, etc.), but completely noisy, slow, predictable, mere annoyances except in massive groups or tight quarters, every other time.

Also, main characters are infinitely stronger when grappling walkers in close quarters compared to throwaways, including Carol who, despite her mental toughness, is still a tiny middle-aged woman.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2018 03:37 AM

This is turning into a SyFy Channel B-Movie.

In the comic at least Rick gets shot by the arrow, not the fat bitch, and there's some tension.

Easy 6 03-26-2018 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 13489213)
Hoping, every episode of this season, that the producers, directors, and writers will pull it together. This week's episode started so promisingly and then devolved into the most predictable load of hot garbage.

My thoughts exactly... 'oh we're starting with a bang tonight!' quickly devolved into 'here we go with another go nowhere episode'

Also have to echo the sentiments that the missed shots were just asinine, when they stopped the pickup truck with the bus at the gate and opened up on them with automatic weapons... everyone in that motherloving truck would've been cut to pieces

But what REALLY pissed me off, is the tv guide said it was going to be a two hour episode, with a sneek peak at The Terror right before the second hour... so I'm thinking 10-15 minutes of the sneak peak

Nope, there was no second episode of TWD at all, and I'm convinced it was a very underhanded marketing trick to make you watch the full hour of The Terror... because by the time you realize its going the distance from 9-10, its too late to start something different

Kman34 03-26-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13489486)
My thoughts exactly... 'oh we're starting with a bang tonight!' quickly devolved into 'here we go with another go nowhere episode'

Also have to echo the sentiments that the missed shots were just asinine, when they stopped the pickup truck with the bus at the gate and opened up on them with automatic weapons... everyone in that motherloving truck would've been cut to pieces

But what REALLY pissed me off, is the tv guide said it was going to be a two hour episode, with a sneek peak at The Terror right before the second hour... so I'm thinking 10-15 minutes of the sneak peak

Nope, there was no second episode of TWD at all, and I'm convinced it was a very underhanded marketing trick to make you watch the full hour of The Terror... because by the time you realize its going the distance from 9-10, its too late to start something different

Yeah... no guards after a attack.. noisy walkers with no one waking up... dumbass kid unlocking the gate... stupid ran amok in this episode...

KC_Lee 03-26-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 13489530)
Yeah... no guards after a attack.. noisy walkers with no one waking up... dumbass kid unlocking the gate... stupid ran amok in this episode...

No guards watching the prisoners, of course there is that high tech wire fence holding them in.

And of course since this is TWD we can only have one doctor, or one person with medical training, in the show.

InChiefsHeaven 03-26-2018 08:00 AM

Who was the weepy guy in the bed that was saying "someone has to do it, I can't"...was that someone I was supposed to care about?

...done after this season. It's just devolved into stupidity for the purpose of getting to the next episode.

Notice how this entire season Carol and Darrel are basically MIA? The writers are doubly stupid. This is not a real history here, and they've obviously gone away from the comic books, so why would they spend so much time on stupid shit and stupid characters? Cuz the writers are stupid.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 03-26-2018 08:09 AM

I don't watch anymore - just come here for the update on Mondays.

dlphg9 03-26-2018 11:06 AM

Man, this show annoys the piss out of me. Why can't they just focus on the main group. Why do we have to have so many shitty side characters that no one cares about. Also, what the **** is up with the kids on this show? They all have to be flaming ****ing reeruns and none of the adults can keep an eye on them? God damn I remember how excited this show used to make me. Now I couldnt care less. I wish it would just end, so I could stop watching it.

Dunit35 03-26-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13489926)
Man, this show annoys the piss out of me. Why can't they just focus on the main group. Why do we have to have so many shitty side characters that no one cares about. Also, what the **** is up with the kids on this show? They all have to be flaming ****ing reeruns and none of the adults can keep an eye on them? God damn I remember how excited this show used to make me. Now I couldnt care less. I wish it would just end, so I could stop watching it.

I get off work at 9pm on Sundays. I use to be pumped to get home and watch it. Now, we wait until morning or worse. I had two episodes I had to watch to catch up.

Easy 6 03-27-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

They dont even really try anymore it seems, lol I'm still pissed that everyone in the pickup wasnt wiped out... 6-7 automatic weapons from point blank range, and 80% of them got away :shake:

notorious 03-27-2018 06:03 AM

At least Tara is going to die. Other than that this episode was one large “plot armor” piece of ****ing shit.

The Saviors walked into the open right after a huge firefight? The hilltop opened their gates willingly? The little kid turned into the next Coral and I can’t wait for his stupid ass to die.

The writers and director might be the most non-imaginative people I have ever seen on a show this popular.

notorious 03-27-2018 06:15 AM

This show used to be good-great. How did it fall so far?

old_geezer 03-27-2018 06:42 AM

My favorite after show response was from a fan on another forum. It was something to the effect of: "A zombie falls down a flight of stairs into a room where 15-20 people are sleeping in a giant hamster pile and nobody wakes up? Who makes this crap up?"

Yosef_Malkovitch 03-27-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13491384)
At least Tara is going to die. Other than that this episode was one large “plot armor” piece of ****ing shit.

Um, I have some bad news for you. Assuming they follow this part of the comics, the arrow was not contaminated. I'm guessing that's how Tara finally convinces Daryl that Dwight is not with the Saviors.

KC_Lee 03-27-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13491391)

Predictable plots -
Group fights for safety, threat arises, threat destroys everything, folks die, group rebuilds & fights for safety, threat arises...you see where I am going with this..
Called this out in earlier post but doctors or characters with medical training are like Highlanders in TWD, the can be only one. You see two medical professionals on TWD one of them will die within a few episodes
Oh hey look, Morgan is going crazy...again...
And what do we have here? Another disturbed kid that becomes Carol's responsibility? We've been down these roads before, repeatedly...please stop...

Piss Poor Character Handling -
Anyone else sick of Father Gabs? How about Tara and her whiny ass? But we get to stick with these characters forever.
Now how about a kung fu master in the zombie apocalypse, Jesus? Nah let's just write him off as "scavenging for supplies" and then bring him back in the last episode but don't give him any lines!
Or maybe Aarron? Eh, just leave him outside Oceanside

Unforgivable Plot Holes -
It's been hashed out in the last few post regarding last episode, but my god is the Stormtooper-esque aim of everyone is getting old. We are approaching "The A-Team" levels of poor aim here folks.
Also, no guards / lookouts after a huge battle?

Dragging This "War" Out -
What should have been half a season has drug out for seemingly forever. Now I get the feeling all the outstanding plot points are going to get rushed in the last few episodes and will feel cheap and tacked on. Hell, condense this crap and give us a stand alone Negan pre-zombies episode. That could have been awesome (i.e. Morgan's backstory episode)

This show used to be appointment watching for my wife and I. No matter where we were, Sunday night was TWD. I used to travel a lot for my job and she and I would be on the phone watching an episode if I had to travel on Sunday. Now, we just want this season to end and have seriously talked about just giving up. Only the past year's investments in this show are keeping us from just walking away. Not sure how much more of our time we are willing to give this show.

notorious 03-27-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 13491420)
Um, I have some bad news for you. Assuming they follow this part of the comics, the arrow was not contaminated. I'm guessing that's how Tara finally convinces Daryl that Dwight is not with the Saviors.

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Vu...phy.gif.cf.gif

Jerm 03-27-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 13491414)
My favorite after show response was from a fan on another forum. It was something to the effect of: "A zombie falls down a flight of stairs into a room where 15-20 people are sleeping in a giant hamster pile and nobody wakes up? Who makes this crap up?"

It's absolutely ridiculous...not only that but they're changing the rules as they go as far as zombies and who turns and the time, etc.

It's fly by the seat of your pants shitty ass writing...

BTW what a great leader Maggie is...."Yeah i pretty much just took a huge chance in sacrificing the Hilltop and all my people just to see Negan die..."

Holy shit...

Jerm 03-27-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

I've always maintained that this show from the start should've been like GoT where it's about the super interesting overarching world with awesome characters and conflicts peppered in BUT the world is what matters and any and everyone is expendable ay all times...

Now I know that was never going to happen because they have to appease Kirkman and stay somewhat close to the comics and it's severely hampered them...

Not to mention the ridiculous plot armor and the fact the moments they push as emotional and hard hitting just don't land any more.

Nzoner 03-27-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

I liken it to our very own KC Chiefs,get you hooked make your dick hard and then piss off the fanbase again and again only to leave you with a serious case of blue balls.

BUT..........Here we are

Hammock Parties 03-27-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13491529)
I've always maintained that this show from the start should've been like GoT where it's about the super interesting overarching world with awesome characters and conflicts peppered in BUT the world is what matters and any and everyone is expendable ay all times...

Now I know that was never going to happen because they have to appease Kirkman and stay somewhat close to the comics and it's severely hampered them...

Not to mention the ridiculous plot armor and the fact the moments they push as emotional and hard hitting just don't land any more.

They should just film what Kirkman put in the comics.

I don't know what the **** the writers are doing.

It sucks.

Randallflagg 03-27-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Indeed. So, they just went through an attack - several killed, knowing full well that the "saviors" could return at anytime - so what do they do? They go to sleep. No perimeter guard, no nothing.

This episode, as much as any of them, shows how "easy" it is to get sloppy and lazy. Victims of their own success.

TambaBerry 03-27-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13491828)
Indeed. So, they just went through an attack - several killed, knowing full well that the "saviors" could return at anytime - so what do they do? They go to sleep. No perimeter guard, no nothing.

This episode, as much as any of them, shows how "easy" it is to get sloppy and lazy. Victims of their own success.

right? They constantly had guards on the walls that would have easily heard that kid talking to the captives.

KC_Lee 03-27-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13491828)

And lest we forget, the walls of Hilltop were crawling with walkers because of the battle. Hell they showed the zombies up on the wall, you would think that they would post a guard or two to make sure none of them get in.

Baby Lee 03-27-2018 04:51 PM

Has the worm turned?
Dare hope spring anew?
While the original has done everything in its power to excise drama from its existence, the stepsibling spent the last offseason doing everything it can to breathe new life.

Elfman, Dillahunt and James are HUGE additions.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tExfYzpHoPw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow 03-28-2018 10:04 PM

"We've got fully auto weapons, they've got bows, arrows and knives...... RUN!!!"

vailpass 03-29-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13494377)
"We've got fully auto weapons, they've got bows, arrows and knives...... RUN!!!"

I'm finally coming around to accepting that this show isn't just in a slump of horrible writing and sadly silly scenes such as the one you describe but that it's gone entirely off the rails and is never coming back.

notorious 03-29-2018 01:34 PM

LMAO

Someone please imbed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/brandonda...304120326?s=12

Baby Lee 03-29-2018 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13494990)

This one time. . . . Next time, that little down arrow in the upper right. ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is (ironically) accurate.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheWalkingDead?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheWalkingDead</a> <a href="https://t.co/v3yqGxuPzN">pic.twitter.com/v3yqGxuPzN</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Davis (@BrandonDavisBD) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/status/979035987304120326?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni 03-29-2018 02:05 PM

Show is so bad, someone just pimped the abomination spin-off series....lulz

Baby Lee 03-29-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13495055)
Show is so bad, someone just pimped the abomination spin-off series....lulz

FTR - I've hated the 'abomination spin-off' as much as anyone. But the new season shows promise.

Tell me it doesn't at least look better than the flagship show at present.

KC_Lee 03-29-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13495061)
FTR - I've hated the 'abomination spin-off' as much as anyone. But the new season shows promise.

Tell me it doesn't at least look better than the flagship show at present.

I'm in the same boat. Tried to give FTWD a shot but most the characters we so enjoyable that I was rooting for the zombies.

That being said I am going to give another shot with the new season coming up.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-29-2018 02:15 PM

Morgan magically appearing is absolutely reeruned

Baby Lee 03-29-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13495073)
Morgan magically appearing is absolutely reeruned

The story hasn't been told, but I don't think it's 'magical.'

My understanding is that FTWD is moving on from Mexico to Texas.

I assume they will flesh out why Morgan has to leave the Hilltop, and how he gets news of the Texas settlement.

notorious 03-30-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13495004)
This one time. . . . Next time, that little down arrow in the upper right.

That’s easy enough! Thanks.

sedated 03-30-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13491384)

Complains about the show being predictable.

Misses an obvious plot point.

KC_Lee 03-30-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13495140)
The story hasn't been told, but I don't think it's 'magical.'

My understanding is that FTWD is moving on from Mexico to Texas.

I assume they will flesh out why Morgan has to leave the Hilltop, and how he gets news of the Texas settlement.

His reasons for showing up in FTWD are mentioned in the trailer. Morgan says there was fighting to the east and he (Morgan) could not get them to stop so he left.

Baby Lee 03-30-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 13495982)
His reasons for showing up in FTWD are mentioned in the trailer. Morgan says there was fighting to the east and he (Morgan) could not get them to stop so he left.

Yeah, I caught that his reasons were mentioned. Just saying that for now I'm operating on the assumption that Morgan's decision to leave will be a fairly central narrative in future episodes soon.

Easy 6 03-30-2018 01:18 PM

3 more of these, and it'll be time to find something else to watch on sunday night... I've had it

KC_Lee 03-30-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13496331)
Yeah, I caught that his reasons were mentioned. Just saying that for now I'm operating on the assumption that Morgan's decision to leave will be a fairly central narrative in future episodes soon.

Ah I got ya now. What's the "thing" that drive Morgan away? Betting it's the kid dying or killing someone.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13496366)
3 more of these, and it'll be time to find something else to watch on sunday night... I've had it

They will hook you back with the finale...then we start the cycle all over again. Reminds me of the NFL. Used to be great, but now...Shit product, but we still shovel it down our gullets.

Easy 6 03-30-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13496466)
They will hook you back with the finale...then we start the cycle all over again. Reminds me of the NFL. Used to be great, but now...Shit product, but we still shovel it down our gullets.

I know EXACTLY what you're saying here, and trust me I'm on guard for it

They'll end it with a finale that really kicks ass on multiple levels, looking to hook everyone back in... only to turn around and ****you over with some lame garbage all over again next season

Trust me, its gonna take a monumental turn of events powered by far better writing to keep me coming back... its just gotten silly, I hate watching something only to feel duped at the end

notorious 03-30-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13495981)
Complains about the show being predictable.

Misses an obvious plot point.

If the show was worth paying full attention to like it used to be it might not have been missed.....

Pasta Little Brioni 03-30-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13496519)
I know EXACTLY what you're saying here, and trust me I'm on guard for it

They'll end it with a finale that really kicks ass on multiple levels, looking to hook everyone back in... only to turn around and ****you over with some lame garbage all over again next season

Trust me, its gonna take a monumental turn of events powered by far better writing to keep me coming back... its just gotten silly, I hate watching something only to feel duped at the end

Definitely sounds like the NFL

Kman34 04-01-2018 08:19 PM

Morgan...sane....insane....sane ...insane...sane...insane...

Negan cheats death again....

Nice wood paneling.....

Rick played his own April fools joke....

That all I got from this episode...

dlphg9 04-01-2018 09:17 PM

I thought that was the best episode in a long time.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 09:37 PM

Outside of Negan/Trashlady. That was dumb.

Hammock Parties 04-01-2018 09:45 PM

That's the most savage thing I've seen Rick do in awhile. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 09:46 PM

That was brutal

sedated 04-02-2018 07:45 AM

Enjoyed last night. 2 out of the last 3 have been an upgrade.

Jerm 04-02-2018 09:13 AM

I just don't get a lot about this show anymore...like who are we supposed to root for or care about? Hardly anyone on this show is likeable at all IMO...and the people they portray as "bad guys" (The Saviors) to me aren't bad at all and way more interesting than the Hilltop, Rick's group, etc.

Really wish they'd quit putting characters in the forefront of stories that are just awful or completely forgettable...Henry, Jadis, Tara, Gabriel, Eugene, etc.

I don't know...pretty much just hate watching at this point until FTWD comes back.

lcarus 04-02-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 13499164)
Morgan...sane....insane....sane ...insane...sane...insane...

Yeah the Morgan plot doesn't really make sense to me. I don't understand what's going on in his head. Why is he so guilty over the death of that douche Savior that the kid killed? It seems like he should be over that kind of shit by now. Get a grip already. I feel like he's already gone through this 3 times now.

vailpass 04-02-2018 11:20 AM

Rick just walks around crying all the time. The show wouldn’t change noticeably if he disappeared.

Trash lady goes all James Bond villain on Neegan.

Morgan should probably be put down.

RINGLEADER 04-02-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13499588)
Yeah the Morgan plot doesn't really make sense to me. I don't understand what's going on in his head. Why is he so guilty over the death of that douche Savior that the kid killed? It seems like he should be over that kind of shit by now. Get a grip already. I feel like he's already gone through this 3 times now.

You just hit the nail on the head.

I don’t read the comics but the show and the characters don’t really have anywhere to go. Everything that could be done has - multiple times. Overcome odds, find a home, meet a baddie who tears it all down. Rinse and repeat.

They need to advance a storyline that moves the show someplace new or wind it down.

Last night was the first episode where I asked myself “Why am I watching this?” It feels like I’m only here because I’ve already invested so much time and want to see it thru to the end — an end that just won’t come.

Carl picked a perfect time to die IMO.

OmahaChief 04-02-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13499588)

I think the Morgan related that kid to his son. He thought him how to use the stick and then kid offs a guy. He regretted teaching the kid and then the kid makes another mistake and is lost. I think Morgan saw it as losing his son a second time. He never wanted the kid to be a killer only to defend himself. Just my thought on it.

sedated 04-02-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13499797)
They need to advance a storyline that moves the show someplace new or wind it down.

IMHO they have moved the show considerably this year. They've killed 90% of the Kingdom, torched Alexandria, Saviors invented a way to infect people without bites, and killed some main characters. All things that have been missing the last 2 years.

This thread is 99% "I hate this show!" Should we start a new thread for people that, ya know, kinda like it even a little bit?

lcarus 04-02-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13499911)
IMHO they have moved the show considerably this year. They've killed 90% of the Kingdom, torched Alexandria, Saviors invented a way to infect people without bites, and killed some main characters. All things that have been missing the last 2 years.

This thread is 99% "I hate this show!" Should we start a new thread for people that, ya know, kinda like it even a little bit?

I like Rick vs Negan and the Negan/Simon/Dwight stuff. Aside from that it's all characters that I either don't give a damn about or characters that the show doesn't really know what to do with at the moment.

vailpass 04-02-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13499972)
I like Rick vs Negan and the Negan/Simon/Dwight stuff. Aside from that it's all characters that I either don't give a damn about or characters that the show doesn't really know what to do with at the moment.

And it now craaaawwwwls at a very slow pace.
Back in the day episodes seemed to end 5 minutes after they started they were so engaging and full of action.
Now I fast forward through parts where it’s just over dramatic dialogue going nowhere.
They’ve run out of gas in the writer’s room.

eDave 04-02-2018 07:48 PM

I don't get the lone helicopter thing. Surely there would be plenty of aircraft available that they'd see more.

:shrug:

InChiefsHeaven 04-03-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13500487)
I don't get the lone helicopter thing. Surely there would be plenty of aircraft available that they'd see more.

:shrug:

And I'm guessing trash lady knows what it is or whatever...wasn't Negan getting at that when he said "What was that all about?"

sedated 04-03-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13500950)
And I'm guessing trash lady knows what it is or whatever...wasn't Negan getting at that when he said "What was that all about?"

And a couple of episodes ago when Simon was there and questioned why they had a helipad and solar panel. "What was this place?"

Starting to seem it was far from just a landfill.

lcarus 04-03-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13500972)
And a couple of episodes ago when Simon was there and questioned why they had a helipad and solar panel. "What was this place?"

Plus she had a nice little room with a bed and lights. Looked like a hotel room with no windows almost lol. Clearly the landfill is just a smoke screen for whatever they have. Pretty genius if that turns out to be the case. The trash keeps people away and also helps fortify their shit. Whatever that "shit" turns out to be.

Easy 6 04-03-2018 04:19 PM

All in all, this last one was enjoyable, particularly getting a glimpse into Negans backstory and seeing a different side to him, and Rick getting back to his old self and going medieval

But I swear the channel almost got changed when Rick and Morgan, both armed with automatic rifles, got taken out by getting tackled :shake:... how many different ridiculous ways can the writers get our guys captured?

eDave 04-03-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13500950)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13500972)

I get all that. Just wondering why, for the entire series, they have never seen an aircraft in the sky.

dlphg9 04-03-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13501714)
I get all that. Just wondering why, for the entire series, they have never seen an aircraft in the sky.

I doubt there are that many people who can fly helicopters in the world to begin with.