ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2015 07:19 AM

Stay tough, mang!

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11697689)
Stay tough, mang!

Joo got eet, ese!

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2015 10:53 AM

I am not getting chemo today after all. My doc said they are going to check for something in the tumor they removed as there could be a gene in there that may have been sent into my bloodstream and if so, they can synthesize a medication to specifically attack it. I am getting more blood drawn, but after that, the needle comes out of my chest and I can go home! In 2 weeks, I will have a CT scan then 2 days after that, I will see the doctor again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11698016)
I am not getting chemo today after all. My doc said they are going to check for something in the tumor they removed as there could be a gene in there that may have been sent into my bloodstream and if so, they can synthesize a medication to specifically attack it. I am getting more blood drawn, but after that, the needle comes out of my chest and I can go home! In 2 weeks, I will have a CT scan then 2 days after that, I will see the doctor again.

Man, that's some Star Trek shit, right there. In any event, your determination is pretty damned inspiring. I get tired just reading about your schedule. ;)

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11698750)
Man, that's some Star Trek shit, right there. In any event, your determination is pretty damned inspiring. I get tired just reading about your schedule. ;)

Doc McCoy would just scan me, mutter under his breath about 21st century medicine, give me a hypospray and a pill and send me on my way all cured!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11698866)
Doc McCoy would just scan me, mutter under his breath about 21st century medicine, give me a hypospray and a pill and send me on my way all cured!

That's the coolest thing about ST; the medicine and the transporter.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-01-2015 06:10 PM

Man, That is great news. You're gonna be around to watch us win the Superbowl, even if it happens 10 years from now!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2015 06:11 PM

I bet Star Trek dentistry is the best.

Lonewolf Ed 09-01-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11698872)
That's the coolest thing about ST; the medicine and the transporter.

And the green chicks! *drool*

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11698878)
And the green chicks! *drool*

Aaaawwwwwww yeeeah!

http://www.ranker.com/list/star-trek...IDESHOW&page=2

thabear04 09-01-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11697606)
I will and thanks. Sorry about your grandma. If you have to go, it is best not to have a long, drawn out ordeal. A woman who was like a second mother to me died from cancer in 2008 and she hung on for a year more than the doctors said she would and it was horrible to see her decline so badly. When this all started for me a bit over a year ago, I thought about what she went through and how the chemo was so hard on her. I remember hoping to die in my sleep rather than suffer like she did. I was terrified going for my first treatment, not knowing what was ahead for me.

Yeah she pass away in her sleep and that same month 2 weeks later by brother was gun down tough year for me in HS back in 04.

Simply Red 09-01-2015 10:29 PM

Keep plugging away Ed.:thumb:

Gadzooks 09-05-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11689908)
I should have added that I asked my surgeon how much of my colon he hacked out. Initially, I was told it would be 10 cm, but he said he took out 22 cm in all, about 9 inches.

Reminds me of my circumcision.

Keep up the good fight Ed. On to the liver!

Lonewolf Ed 09-10-2015 08:41 PM

I thought I would post an update since someone usurped my thread title here. My incision is still sore, but has been filling in more at the bottom where my skin came apart, so that is a good sign. I have been able to use the riding mower with no additional discomfort and even pruned some branches today with the lopper. The cutting motion did make me use core muscles, and I broke a hell of a sweat, but I didn't feel too much pain from it, just a minor twinge here and there. And since I am not back on chemo yet, I can have a FEW pints tomorrow night at my class mini-reunion.

threebag 09-10-2015 08:58 PM

Enjoy those pints and keep knocking the hell out of her Ed.