ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

BossChief 03-28-2017 11:03 AM

Plus, this gives KC the versatility to play Eric Murray at either safety or corner.

It's too bad KC can't just delete that extension they gave to Sorenson...

DJ's left nut 03-28-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12801071)
a safety?

You fired up to give a 31 year old Ron Parker $6 million next season? I like Parker and think he's earned every dollar of his deal, but you have to have a contingency in place for him and single-high isn't an easy spot to fill. It was going to take a serious draft pick, a lot of money or a change in scheme to deal with Parker's age/salary as early as next season.

With this kind of value on the board, it was a perfect time/place to handle it.

BossChief 03-28-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12801074)
https://media.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

Anybody that is not a fan of this pick is incorrect.

He's a little thin and probably not ready to see the field much this year, but that's fine. He'll get a year to put some weight on, get used to the speed of the game and or scheme and he'll hit the ground flying as our new single-high in 2018.

Put, I dunno, 15 lbs on him and he's everything you could ask for at FS for us.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Maybe move Berry back closer to the LOS after 2017 and let Williams take over at single high.

BossChief 03-28-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12801076)
I'm cool with it. Not a super huge fan of the Williams pick in the 2nd.....but I'm happy so far with the draft.

Everybody has different views on Williams, but IMO if he can stay clean off the field he has a real chance to be a James Harrison type player.

His game against LSU sold me on him. It's really the only game where he was able to play all 3 downs and was impressive.

The guy got stupid good pass rush productivity while playing far less than the other edge guys. He very well might be the best pass rusher in this class.

CleveSteve 03-28-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12801081)
That's kinda what I was thinking.

Maybe move Berry back closer to the LOS after 2017 and let Williams take over at single high.

This is the only thing he should be doing. He is not a good tackler, but that's OK. He is a very good center fielder and that is a special skill set.

Sfeihc 03-28-2017 11:16 AM

Heck of a can on McAdams.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RunKC 03-28-2017 11:17 AM

I would have taken Tyus Bowser in rd 2 (He's one of my favorite prospects) but I won't bitch.

I would jizz everywhere if this draft happened. Well done Boss

staylor26 03-28-2017 11:17 AM

You can definitely make the argument that Williams was BPA, and considering the Parker's age and contract situation, you can certainly justify going S there. Solid pick.

kccrow 03-28-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12801032)
Tyus Bowser picked right before us. Mother**** you, Crow :shake:

lol... I was swearing about ahole picking Watkins one pick in front of me, so blame him. :)

RunKC 03-28-2017 11:24 AM

Drafting the kid makes for an interesting debate.

Parker
Berry
Dirty Dan
Murray

Where does he fit? Who do you cut? Do you only keep 4 safeties and have Murray take a spot at CB?

BossChief 03-28-2017 11:33 AM

KC is in nickel 60-65% of the time and Sutton loves using 3 safeties. Keeping 5 safeties is smart IMO...plus Murray can split time at corner and safety.

When it's all said and done, KC should continue to draft the best players they possibly can and then let Reid and his staff shuffle them around wherever he thinks helps the team the best.

The Franchise 03-28-2017 11:33 AM

I think you keep 5 safeties and cut Parker next year.

Parker
Berry
Sorensen
Murray
Williams

BossChief 03-28-2017 11:38 AM

The pick also provides good insurance for when Parker hits the wall (IMO he's a player that depends on his speed to make plays and is coming up on 30, when lots of speed guys lose a step) or for the possibility that Erics cancer returns...or someone gets hurt.
Gotta love the kids talent and what he brings to the defense.

chiefscafan 03-28-2017 11:52 AM

Hey he's a great player I thought we are good at safety I would've gotten a WR really need to do something with O. The D can't keep caring this team forever.

chiefscafan 03-28-2017 11:53 AM

Love the Mahomes pick and Williams though