ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184595)

srvy 06-16-2024 04:55 PM

Anyone but DeShitbird. Dammit, I loath that one who sucks the penis.

ping2000 06-16-2024 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17554000)

I guess I am unaware of the backstory. Why do you guys hate him so much?

neech 06-16-2024 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17554000)

I think he’s matured from how he was, I say good for Bryson and enjoy the moment.

philfree 06-16-2024 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17553995)
And a ridiculous 50 yard bunker shot to 4 feet to win, yeah.

He made a great up and down no doubt. You shouldn't be able to win a US Open missing that many fairways. It bit him twice in the last day and a half but god he missed a lot of Fairways.

kcpasco 06-16-2024 05:06 PM

I feel a bit vindicated as someone who misses a fair amount of fairways off the tee block.

KC_Connection 06-16-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17554011)
He made a great up and down no doubt. You shouldn't be able to win a US Open missing that many fairways. It bit him twice in the last day and a half but god he missed a lot of Fairways.

He made the shot he needed to make when it mattered and Rory didn't.

BWillie 06-16-2024 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 17554006)
I guess I am unaware of the backstory. Why do you guys hate him so much?

He just kinda acts like a social media cringe star on occasion. Because he does have a strong following in that space.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, just sometimes it's too much.

philfree 06-16-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17554015)
He made the shot he needed to make when it mattered and Rory didn't.

Rory didn't deserve to win. He choked it away. I could tell he was going to miss the putt on the last green. It was like he was afraid to do what he needed to make it. Like he circumvented his process and just stood up there half assed it mentally and fanned it. DeChambeau got the trophy and that's what counts in the end.

scho63 06-16-2024 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17554011)

This is silly.

Guys win all the time without being #1 hitting fairways. You win by not choking or missing 2-3 foot putts on the last few holes.

Your hatred of BDC is now causing you to make a nonsense statement.

scho63 06-16-2024 05:20 PM

Golf is about a complete game.

Scorecards tell you no stories even though golfers want to retell you about every shot they hit even though you sat in the cart next to them for the whole round.

philfree 06-16-2024 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17554020)
This is silly.

Guys win all the time without being #1 hitting fairways. You win by not choking or missing 2-3 foot putts on the last few holes.

Your hatred of BDC is now causing you to make a nonsense statement.

In most US Opens players get punished for missing fairways but yeah you can't miss putts at the end like Rory did. After that Rory is probably cooked for the rest of his career. Scott Hoch ring a bell?

neech 06-16-2024 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17554019)
Rory didn't deserve to win. He choked it away. I could tell he was going to miss the putt on the last green. It was like he was afraid to do what he needed to make it. Like he circumvented his process and just stood up there half assed it mentally and fanned it. DeChambeau got the trophy and that's what counts in the end.

I'm sorry you're mad.

scho63 06-16-2024 05:31 PM

When you don't hit fairways, it the roll of the dice.

Behind a tree, no swing, hardpan, deep rough, pine straw and leaves, roots.

There is where you can get lucky or get ****ed.

I used to hate playing back east in the fall because it was so easy to lose your ball under leaves even though you were sure you knew where it went.

BWillie 06-16-2024 05:38 PM

I'm afraid Rory has the choke gene like I do. When I was a junior golfer I lost countless tournaments by missing 2 to 4 foot putts on the final holes. The anxiety just builds up and I just fail. Hands start to shake. Palms sweaty. Putter stroke becomes jagged. Maybe next time he should have a couple beers after the turn.

philfree 06-16-2024 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 17554028)
I'm sorry you're mad.

I'm not mad I'm just stating my opinion. I'd like to see DeChambeau's fairways hit stat for the last 27 holes. I bet if you compare his stats to past winners he is an anomaly in that regard.