ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

wheeler08 11-26-2021 05:41 PM

Man Friermuth and Williams with the last pick of round. We’ll take it

DJ's left nut 11-26-2021 09:43 PM

I hate my draft.

Bateman and Eric Stokes - blech.

I’d LOVE this draft if I were 4 picks higher in each round but in both rounds the guy I really wanted got sniped just ahead of me.

Titty Meat 11-27-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15977768)
I hate my draft.

Bateman and Eric Stokes - blech.

I’d LOVE this draft if I were 4 picks higher in each round but in both rounds the guy I really wanted got sniped just ahead of me.

Who did you want? I love mine. My linebackers have been absolute shit for 3 seasons I got 2 of the best in this draft and a good guard who's going to make my o-line ridiculous and that's after leading the league in rushing yards and Russ only being sacked 13 times last season

DJ's left nut 11-27-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15977855)
Who did you want? I love mine. My linebackers have been absolute shit for 3 seasons I got 2 of the best in this draft and a good guard who's going to make my o-line ridiculous and that's after leading the league in rushing yards and Russ only being sacked 13 times last season

Paye and JOK

BigRedChief 11-27-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15976610)
Oh, yeah, that's your new team. So you get an initial roster that's mostly backup players, but then you'll flesh that out with the initial "star draft" where you get 24 rounds that's drawn from a pool of the league's top players. It looks like you're in League 9, and that draft is about to start. Did your email say when it will start? This is your big draft because it's where you'll pick up most of your starters.

I got the email but nothing in the draft menu is clickable. Searched and I'm not seeing anything but the initial draft. I can see league standings but thats it.

cdcox 11-27-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15978075)
I got the email but nothing in the draft menu is clickable. Searched and I'm not seeing anything but the initial draft. I can see league standings but thats it.

It looks like the draft in your league is over. I need to move your league on to signing contracts, it looks like.

You have your pick of rookie QBs to start: Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence. And they have D.K. Metcalf as a target.

Titty Meat 11-27-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15977901)
Paye and JOK

Maybe you shouldnt have beaten me so many times then you would have JOK

cdcox 11-27-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15978075)

Hey, BRC. I also assigned you to manage the Bentonville Accelerators in Raiders1 league. That way you can play with a bunch of CP players too. We are in the first round of the rookie draft right now, and you will be on the clock in a few hours.

To see this team, go to "Account Managment" => "My Teams".

Let me know if you have questions.

wheeler08 11-27-2021 04:03 PM

Anyone here In league 2? Seems to be a ghost town when it comes to that leagues draft

DJ's left nut 11-27-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 15978407)
Anyone here In league 2? Seems to be a ghost town when it comes to that leagues draft

I am. It seems fairly similar to league1 in that half the league is active and the other (bottom) half isn’t.

Rukdafaidas 11-27-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 15978391)
Hey, BRC. I also assigned you to manage the Bentonville Accelerators in Raiders1 league. That way you can play with a bunch of CP players too. We are in the first round of the rookie draft right now, and you will be on the clock in a few hours.

To see this team, go to "Account Managment" => "My Teams".

Let me know if you have questions.

Timeout, that's my son's team and he actually participates in this league. He just tried logging in to draft and it wouldn't let him log in. Now I know why.

cdcox 11-27-2021 11:31 PM

Sorry. I can give it back to him. Logs say he had not logged in for four months if I remember correctly. He has been restored. Hope to see him make his 2nd round draft pick.

cdcox 11-27-2021 11:32 PM

BRC, I can assign you another team in Raiders1 if you want.

Rukdafaidas 11-28-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 15979004)
Sorry. I can give it back to him. Logs say he had not logged in for four months if I remember correctly. He has been restored. Hope to see him make his 2nd round draft pick.

Thanks CD!
Weird....I'm not sure why it would show him as inactive. He's been changing his lineup each week.

PHOG 11-28-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Yes, I am also. I've been going through my roster, and it's a little messed up with people incorrectly identified in the wrong roster spots...but nothing major.

I had two people left on my auto-draft list when it came my time to draft, so I got who I wanted, instead of being assigned the next player of the draft. Maybe later today I can get another pick in, but it's pretty iffy.

Titty Meat 11-28-2021 07:28 PM

Just got Braden Smith.

Trent Williams- Teller- Hudson- Trey Smith- Braden Smith

carlos3652 11-29-2021 06:16 AM

I thought we paused on weekends lol. My last couple picks (1 in league 1 and league 2) are being auto picked and I’m not happy about it lol.

lewdog 11-29-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15981055)
I thought we paused on weekends lol. My last couple picks (1 in league 1 and league 2) are being auto picked and I’m not happy about it lol.

You guys act like you’re new here. We’ve never paused on weekends. Quit acting like you’re so busy.

DJ's left nut 11-29-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15980352)
Just got Braden Smith.

Trent Williams- Teller- Hudson- Trey Smith- Braden Smith

Yeah - you've killed this off-season so far.

Not sure I'd be too excited to throw 1st round cap resources at a G (as well as that 1st round pick) but you clearly had a plan.

But hey - I got a bad TE and a 3rd down back so you're proper ****ed now...

Apart from a monster of a secondary (with James returning alongside Harrison Smith and 4 top 25ish CBs; my #5 is Darious Williams who's damn good in his own right and a 6th in Stokes is developing nicely in GB), and a nice set of edge rushers (Garrett and Ngakoue), I don't really love how my team is shaping up. Especially with Derrick Henry's injury ****ing up Tannehill's performance/efficiency numbers. Then again, Russ is backing up a bit for you this season as well.

I don't have a ton of holes, but I seem to have done precisely dick to address them. My 1st rounder from last year was designed to really bolster that interior pass rush (Javon Kinlaw) alongside Clark and Dre'Mont Jones but he had knee surgery and is a non-factor this year. Brooks is slowly coming along at LB but Shenault has been buried by Urban in JAX, Trautmann has disappointed and Walker can't see the field.

So the 2020 draft class will hardly contribute and the 2021 isn't looking any better.

This team just isn't a speck better than it was 2 years ago.

Titty Meat 11-29-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15981227)
Yeah - you've killed this off-season so far.

Not sure I'd be too excited to throw 1st round cap resources at a G (as well as that 1st round pick) but you clearly had a plan.

But hey - I got a bad TE and a 3rd down back so you're proper ****ed now...

Apart from a monster of a secondary (with James returning alongside Harrison Smith and 4 top 25ish CBs; my #5 is Darious Williams who's damn good in his own right and a 6th in Stokes is developing nicely in GB), and a nice set of edge rushers (Garrett and Ngakoue), I don't really love how my team is shaping up. Especially with Derrick Henry's injury ****ing up Tannehill's performance/efficiency numbers. Then again, Russ is backing up a bit for you this season as well.

I don't have a ton of holes, but I seem to have done precisely dick to address them. My 1st rounder from last year was designed to really bolster that interior pass rush (Javon Kinlaw) alongside Clark and Dre'Mont Jones but he had knee surgery and is a non-factor this year. Brooks is slowly coming along at LB but Shenault has been buried by Urban in JAX, Trautmann has disappointed and Walker can't see the field.

So the 2020 draft class will hardly contribute and the 2021 isn't looking any better.

This team just isn't a speck better than it was 2 years ago.

Cook has a torn labrum too. I got his backup Mattison along with Taylor who's killing it. Gonna be a fun season :)

DJ's left nut 11-29-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15981673)
Cook has a torn labrum too. I got his backup Mattison along with Taylor who's killing it. Gonna be a fun season :)

Harris was likely to get most of the carries this year anyway. Cooks been pretty average this year.

carlos3652 11-29-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15981067)
You guys act like you’re new here. We’ve never paused on weekends. Quit acting like you’re so busy.

i just need mooooooore TIME! :P

Titty Meat 11-29-2021 09:57 PM

Looking at the past 3 super bowls I'm not even sure how much QBs matter in this sim the QBs on these teams are pretty meh. It also looks like you're better off going 10-6 or 11-5 opposed to 15-1

DJ's left nut 11-29-2021 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15982829)
Looking at the past 3 super bowls I'm not even sure how much QBs matter in this sim the QBs on these teams are pretty meh. It also looks like you're better off going 10-6 or 11-5 opposed to 15-1

I honestly have no idea how to gain a genuine edge.

I have 2 teams built on entirely different philosophies and I typically take dramatically different approaches with them.

And while my teams are always good (still never had worse than a 10-6 season in about 10 combined seasons through the 2 incarnations of Sandbox) - I don't actually know why.

I mean I had a really good team in League 2 last season - went out in the conference championship. This season was a placeholder year when Dak went down, I sneaked into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and then Ryan Fitzpatrick catches fire, wrecks creation and I win the league.

Meanwhile this season in League 1 my team was the culmination of a 3 year plan that went 15-1 and broke every record on the books and lost in the conference title game (after winning a title it had no business winning last year).

The playoffs sure do seem super random.

I mean - apart from you and Clay losing. That's steady as the sunrise.

cdcox 11-29-2021 10:19 PM

The sim is exactly the same in the regular and post seasons. Any narratives are the human mind trying to impose order on natural variation of a stochastic process. I suspect that elite “QBs are essential in the NFL” and “QBs don’t matter in Sandbox” are equally true or false.

Titty Meat 11-29-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15982844)
I honestly have no idea how to gain a genuine edge.

I have 2 teams built on entirely different philosophies and I typically take dramatically different approaches with them.

And while my teams are always good (still never had worse than a 10-6 season in about 10 combined seasons through the 2 incarnations of Sandbox) - I don't actually know why.

I mean I had a really good team in League 2 last season - went out in the conference championship. This season was a placeholder year when Dak went down, I sneaked into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and then Ryan Fitzpatrick catches fire, wrecks creation and I win the league.

Meanwhile this season in League 1 my team was the culmination of a 3 year plan that went 15-1 and broke every record on the books and lost in the conference title game (after winning a title it had no business winning last year).

The playoffs sure do seem super random.

I mean - apart from you and Clay losing. That's steady as the sunrise.

I have no answers for my teams lack of success in the playoffs. The loss to you makes sense that offense was built around Mostert which somehow won me 15 games. So the next season in the playoffs I decide to let Russ cook. He throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs yet I somehow lose on a fumble in OT.

Rain Man 11-29-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 15982867)
The sim is exactly the same in the regular and post seasons. Any narratives are the human mind trying to impose order on natural variation of a stochastic process. I suspect that elite “QBs are essential in the NFL” and “QBs don’t matter in Sandbox” are equally true or false.

I have one team that's a legitimate powerhouse at every position, but we have Phillip Rivers at QB. I can attest that quarterbacks matter.

(No offense, Phillip.)

DJ's left nut 11-29-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15982885)
I have no answers for my teams lack of success in the playoffs. The loss to you makes sense that offense was built around Mostert which somehow won me 15 games. So the next season in the playoffs I decide to let Russ cook. He throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs yet I somehow lose on a fumble in OT.

I lost on 3 lost fumbles (after losing 1 all season) and an 0/9 3rd down performance (after converting nearly half my 3rd down attempts in the regular season).

I guess I'll just chalk it up to 'shit happens' but man that's a couple of tough pills to swallow.

lewdog 11-30-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15982898)
I have one team that's a legitimate powerhouse at every position, but we have Phillip Rivers at QB. I can attest that quarterbacks matter.

(No offense, Phillip.)

League 1 just saw Phillip Rivers beat a 15-1 team in the conference championship and make the Super Bowl. The Phoenix Diablos just know how to get a shitty roster to perform.

lewdog 11-30-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15982901)
I lost on 3 lost fumbles (after losing 1 all season) and an 0/9 3rd down performance (after converting nearly half my 3rd down attempts in the regular season).

I guess I'll just chalk it up to 'shit happens' but man that's a couple of tough pills to swallow.

I’d tell you what I did on my defensive sliders but then I couldn’t beat you again.

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15982992)
I’d tell you what I did on my defensive sliders but then I couldn’t beat you again.

Eh - it all feels kinda "Mahomes Magic Scheme" to me.

We were at a -3 w/ 3 fumbles lost and ended up losing by a single score. My #3 wideout dropped 3 balls in a single game after having 3 drops in 125 targets in the regular season. We fumbled a snap on first and goal with a chance to go up 14-0. Committed a false start penalty while driving into your territory that killed another drive after a 3rd and 14 went for 10 yards and ended up punting from your 41. Then we gave up a touchdown on a punt return after not giving one up during the regular season. Finally with a chance to get back on the horse we drove down to your 25 yard line and fumbled away ANOTHER ball. Then we turned the ball over on downs after picking up 5 on 4th and 5 (which probably wouldn't have been necessary at all had Samuel not dropped the pass on 1st down).

They just had too many key mistakes. It was a very 2021 Chiefs performance. Back-breaking errors that took points off the board and killed drives and uncharacteristic STs mistakes.

Play that game 10 times and we win 9 of 'em. The one we don't is the one that just happened. It was a carnival of errors.

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 09:20 AM

Side note - I finally had a draft pick that I was happy to make w/ Brevin Jordan. Sure the Texans suck, but Jordan was a guy I was hoping the Chiefs would get to complement Kelce. He's a hell of an option as a move TE. Really athletic, fast and long (not terribly tall but big catch radius).

Looks like the Texans are finally looking at giving him the starting nod and working him more into the offense. I think he'd have gone a couple rounds sooner had the Texans been willing to put him on the field early in the year.

He's going to be a nice long-term asset to complement Trautmann and/or Tremble. Seriously - why did I draft Tommy Tremble? Oh right - Domer fan. Dipshit.

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 09:56 AM

Also - surely some of y'all are in the market for CB. I'm definitely open for making a deal there.

I have SEVEN viable starting corners:

Marlon Humphrey
Denzel Ward
Rashad Fenton
Darious Williams
Jamel Dean
Eric Stokes
Even Isaiah Rodgers, a 6th rounder I drafted because of his speed (as a return man) has forced himself into the mix in Indy and has been damn good this year.

It's just a ludicrously deep secondary but almost the the point of being too much of a good thing. I figure you need to go at least 4 deep with guys you're comfortable starting (given the inevitable injuries) so I know some of y'all could use some help.

I would probably be looking at interior DL, LBs and maybe some OL help. Could package a WR for an upgrade and while I have a crapload of TEs, I wouldn't mind making a move for a surer thing there.

Hit me up if you're interested. I treat corners like SPs in baseball - Imma stockpile 'em when I can as they are always going to have trade value. So let me know if you see a deal worth making.

InvinciBill 11-30-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15983071)
Side note - I finally had a draft pick that I was happy to make w/ Brevin Jordan. Sure the Texans suck, but Jordan was a guy I was hoping the Chiefs would get to complement Kelce. He's a hell of an option as a move TE. Really athletic, fast and long (not terribly tall but big catch radius).

Looks like the Texans are finally looking at giving him the starting nod and working him more into the offense. I think he'd have gone a couple rounds sooner had the Texans been willing to put him on the field early in the year.

He's going to be a nice long-term asset to complement Trautmann and/or Tremble. Seriously - why did I draft Tommy Tremble? Oh right - Domer fan. Dipshit.

Yeah ... I thought I had dragged Jordan ahead of Noah Gray on my board, but apparently I hadn't. :shake:

Good grab.

TambaBerry 11-30-2021 10:53 AM

I don't know what league is which but my Sparks team has Kirk cousins on a one year deal left up for trade

PHOG 11-30-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15983187)
I don't know what league is which but my Sparks team has Kirk cousins on a one year deal left up for trade

It's in league 2. I would give you my 3rd round pick upcoming for him.

Edit: Or shoot me a trade proposal on the site. I tried offering draft picks, but it wouldn't do it, although there is a dropdown box for it.

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 15983194)

Well now I just feel awful.

Had I known beating you the way I did would send you into the kind of shame spiral that yields Kirk Cousins, I'd have just let you win.

I'm sorry man. I just couldn't have known...

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Edit: Or shoot me a trade proposal on the site. I tried offering draft picks, but it wouldn't do it, although there is a dropdown box for it.

Gotta select the team you're trading to before it will let you enter the picks. That's usually where I get stuck anyway.

TambaBerry 11-30-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

What's your team?

PHOG 11-30-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15983217)
What's your team?

Tulsa

PHOG 11-30-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15983212)
Well now I just feel awful.

Had I known beating you the way I did would send you into the kind of shame spiral that yields Kirk Cousins, I'd have just let you win.

I'm sorry man. I just couldn't have known...

That's funny. And it must have been Carl Cheffers reffing that game. ;)

Actually, you soundly beat me, and I think that may have been the first time either of us has done that. Usually pretty close.

PHOG 11-30-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15983217)
What's your team?

Ok, I proposed that trade, took a while to figure it out, never traded before.

That pick is in 2 picks after Bentonville gets done. FYI

TambaBerry 11-30-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 15983243)
Ok, I proposed that trade, took a while to figure it out, never traded before.

That pick is in 2 picks after Bentonville gets done. FYI

i don't think there is anyone with this pick that I would want to trade for it

PHOG 11-30-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15983273)

Ok, I'm on the clock now. You can reject that trade, and propose want you would want, and I can look it over.

Titty Meat 11-30-2021 08:09 PM

Surprised Khalil Hebert lasted that long in the draft

DJ's left nut 11-30-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15984161)
Surprised Khalil Hebert lasted that long in the draft

I had him listed but liked Gainwell better as a 3rd down back.

Really happy to get Borom this late. I think he’sa long term starter in Chicago and at worst credible depth for me at tackle.

Tufele was also on my short list - I think he’s a player long-term. Still a handful of guys out there I like but I expect pickings will get slim soon enough.

Titty Meat 11-30-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15984289)
I had him listed but liked Gainwell better as a 3rd down back.

Really happy to get Borom this late. I think he’sa long term starter in Chicago and at worst credible depth for me at tackle.

Tufele was also on my short list - I think he’s a player long-term. Still a handful of guys out there I like but I expect pickings will get slim soon enough.

I had Borom as my next pick just because of the value. I already have Malatia and Bulaga as my backups I think Baluaga has 1 year left on his contract.

As weve talked about though with the randomness of the playoffs it's hard to get REALLY excited but I will suck my own dick with the construction of this roster.

PHOG 12-01-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15983273)

Ok, I sent you another trade proposal.

DJ's left nut 12-01-2021 12:51 PM

Hey CD - what say we just make the default setting 'auto-draft' and if you bother to set your draft board, etc... you can click your auto-draft off and be ready.

Seems there are at least 6-8 teams that haven't made a pick this whole draft. Through 6 rounds that's upwards of 2 full days of sitting around waiting for something that would've taken seconds to just fire and forget.

DJ's left nut 12-02-2021 11:35 AM

League 1 draft is over and man I HATE it.

Felt like I could count on the guy(s) I wanted slipping into the middle of the round and getting snagged 3-4 picks ahead of me every single damn round. I don't feel like I improved my team in a single meaningful way.

Gonna struggle to get into the playoffs in a savage conference. This team has some nice pieces and no obvious holes, but I feel like I've gotten little/no help over the last 2 drafts. Damn damn damn.

Titty Meat 12-03-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15986276)
League 1 draft is over and man I HATE it.

Felt like I could count on the guy(s) I wanted slipping into the middle of the round and getting snagged 3-4 picks ahead of me every single damn round. I don't feel like I improved my team in a single meaningful way.

Gonna struggle to get into the playoffs in a savage conference. This team has some nice pieces and no obvious holes, but I feel like I've gotten little/no help over the last 2 drafts. Damn damn damn.

That's what happened to me last draft. Mooney and Sullivan literally went 1 pick before mine.

This year's draft
1- Trey Smith
2- JOK & Pete Werner
4- Hufanga & Traylor
6- Herbert
7- Stevenson

Theres probably 5 starters there 1 good role player and we will see what Stevenson does in the future. Love that speed tho

lewdog 12-03-2021 07:27 AM

What’s next? When?

DJ's left nut 12-03-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15987669)
That's what happened to me last draft. Mooney and Sullivan literally went 1 pick before mine.

This year's draft
1- Trey Smith
2- JOK & Pete Werner
4- Hufanga & Traylor
6- Herbert
7- Stevenson

Theres probably 5 starters there 1 good role player and we will see what Stevenson does in the future. Love that speed tho

Not getting JOK is going to piss me off for a long time. I really screwed the pooch there - would've been an ideal fit for my defense alongisde Warner and Long. Warner, Long and Brooks is still a nice young crew, but JOK as a 3-down backer who would allow me to match up with Long and Brooks would've been perfect.

The Falcons inexplicably burying Mykal Walker just really screwed me over in the LB corps. I just do not understand why they did that. He was really a guy I had pegged as a long-term Will and for whatever reason Atlanta just will not play him. They finally started him vs. the Jags last week and he was arguably the best player on their defense. It just doesn't make any sense.

DJ's left nut 12-03-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15987761)
What’s next? When?

Contract signings and FA to follow.

CD - look at my trade offer, dammit! It won't make any sense after contracts are signed.

DJ's left nut 12-07-2021 08:38 AM

Is the timer broken in league 2? The last 2 rounds have taken like 4 days - the math doesn't seem to check out here...

PHOG 12-07-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15996950)
Is the timer broken in league 2? The last 2 rounds have taken like 4 days - the math doesn't seem to check out here...

I don't know, but there were only 6 picks yesterday, after yours.

Old Dog 12-07-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

I missed the entire draft......was out of the country for a bit and didn't have internet access

lewdog 12-12-2021 07:46 AM

Are we still at the do nothing currently in league 1?

Titty Meat 12-15-2021 08:20 PM

When are we signing guys?

lewdog 12-15-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16010742)
When are we signing guys?

This.

****ing assholes will probably put all this next stuff over Christmas.

Titty Meat 12-15-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16010760)
This.

Lmao

TambaBerry 12-15-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

This.

Hope so, and I hope all of you miss free agency so I can pick and choose

DJ's left nut 12-15-2021 09:37 PM

Near as I can tell CD hasn't logged into the site since Thanksgiving(ish).

I sent a couple trade offers that died on the vine so I checked the message board and it said he hasn't logged in since late November.

So yeah, seemingly on hold for a bit.

Though if my memory serves, the FA period may not be the same during a 'pending' season as it is in our catch-up seasons. I think we've had an expedited FA period whereas in the upcoming seasons free agency will be staggered over the course of the year. And since we can't actually simulate until the season ends, it's possible that we're in a natural freeze right now either way.

cdcox 12-15-2021 10:08 PM

Sorry, guys. Been busy wrapping up the semester and dealing with life. I’m taking some time off from the real job soon and hopefully will have the time and energy to get things back rolling over the weekend or early next week.

DJ's left nut 12-15-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16010885)
Sorry, guys. Been busy wrapping up the semester and dealing with life. I’m taking some time off from the real job soon and hopefully will have the time and energy to get things back rolling over the weekend or early next week.

TAKE MY TRADE!!

lewdog 12-16-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16010885)

Great, Christmas week!

PHOG 12-16-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16011078)
Great, Christmas week!

:doh!: LMAO

Titty Meat 12-20-2021 03:23 PM

I think theres an error with the signing rookies. I tried to sign my guys if said I didnt have enough cap space but looking at my cap space if was 255 after all the rookie contracts were offered...

lewdog 12-20-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16024678)
I think theres an error with the signing rookies. I tried to sign my guys if said I didnt have enough cap space but looking at my cap space if was 255 after all the rookie contracts were offered...

Are we even doing anything? Mine appears the same.

carlos3652 12-20-2021 03:45 PM

Ive given contracts to rookies and veterans, I did not see any issues

PHOG 12-20-2021 03:45 PM

Just got done with mine. Everything worked ok. Also got down to 53. (League 2)

Hydrae 12-20-2021 03:50 PM

I also had no issues in league #2

Titty Meat 12-20-2021 03:52 PM

I'm in league 1. Do we need to get down to 53? I thought it was 80?

lewdog 12-20-2021 03:57 PM

Would be nice to know when you’re supposed to be doing things again.

Love doing my roster during Christmas!

PHOG 12-20-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16024745)
I'm in league 1. Do we need to get down to 53? I thought it was 80?

I read on the contract page somewhere that we needed to be down to 53 before FA, but that doesn't seem right now that you mention it. Maybe it said after FA and I just read it wrong.

Edit: Nope here it is, this seems different.

Once you are satisfied with the contract of each player as shown below, click the "sign all contracts" button. This finalizes the contracts, after which time you can no longer change them. The "sign all contracts" button has no effect on players with "no contract"; you must explicityly release (using the "RELEASE" button). Your roster must be at or below the current roster limit before you will be allowed to bid on free agents.

wheeler08 12-20-2021 04:04 PM

Don’t know which league it is, 3 I think, but we had 2 games left in playoffs and the whole league went to the next season with no champion….

DJ's left nut 12-20-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 16024760)
I read on the contract page somewhere that we needed to be down to 53 before FA, but that doesn't seem right now that you mention it. Maybe it said after FA and I just read it wrong.

Edit: Nope here it is, this seems different.

Once you are satisfied with the contract of each player as shown below, click the "sign all contracts" button. This finalizes the contracts, after which time you can no longer change them. The "sign all contracts" button has no effect on players with "no contract"; you must explicityly release (using the "RELEASE" button). Your roster must be at or below the current roster limit before you will be allowed to bid on free agents.

At least in prior seasons you could go go over during FA but had to reduce to 53 by the time the season started.

I think I was near 60 something at one point last year.

PHOG 12-20-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16024967)
At least in prior seasons you could go go over during FA but had to reduce to 53 by the time the season started.

I think I was near 60 something at one point last year.

Yeah, I was over all the time, and cut down before the season started.

Old Dog 12-20-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16024755)
Would be nice to know when you’re supposed to be doing things again.

Love doing my roster during Christmas!

No kidding. I’d be super upset if I was really paying for this shitshow.

lewdog 12-20-2021 08:13 PM

Remind me, you can only really resign 2 veterans right? Then everyone else goes to FA and you have to bid on them if they were yours and you want them back?