ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349235)

BryanBusby 09-16-2023 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17110678)
So you've come around on Cook?

I think I have been mostly fair about the situation. He's still a lesser QB in the SEC, but you can still win if he can use his legs to help move the chains and get the ball to Burden.

Sassy Squatch 09-16-2023 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17110678)
So you've come around on Cook?

Drink is 40. He still has a lot of learning to do and improvement, but he's shown signs of growth and change.

He's not perfect, but I think he's shown he isn't totally stubborn.

What is there to learn? The first delay of game was inexcusable. To do it AGAIN when it pushes your kicker 5 yards back while we're currently set up at his career long for a game winning field goal is incomprehensible incompetence.

Rams Fan 09-16-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17110682)
I think I have been mostly fair about the situation. He's still a lesser QB in the SEC, but you can still win if he can use his legs to help move the chains and get the ball to Burden.

What QBs in the SEC would you take over Cook right now?

I’ll conceit the following as of now:
Rattler
Rogers (though he’s been ass so far this season)
Dart
Leary
Daniels
Jefferson

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2023 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17110681)
To prove a point about how shitty Drinkwitz is, yeah. If the high end talent brought in by the NIL terms being ridiculously favorable for in state kids still pull out the victory while Drinkwitz still proves the point, even better.

Are you hoping Mizzou loses ALL of their games?

Pepe Silvia 09-16-2023 02:04 PM

This is why I wanted Drink to take deep shots for Burden last season, even with Cooks limitations he can still get lucky on some down field throws.

BryanBusby 09-16-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17110684)
What QBs in the SEC would you take over Cook right now?

I’ll conceit the following as of now:
Rattler
Rogers (though he’s been ass so far this season)
Dart
Leary
Daniels
Jefferson

I know we have done this once already. Ask me again in a few more weeks and I'll be glad to do this again as a mid-season review!

DJ's left nut 09-16-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17110651)
I'm sorry, but Schrader and Peat are not SEC caliber RBs.

WRs outside of Burden might be OK, but OL is tire fire.

Defense is stacked.

Yeah, this is as succinct and accurate a breakdown as you can have.

The WRs are good enough. This is close to the DGB-Lucas-Hunter-Sasser crew, at least in terms of raw talent.

The RBs and OL is rough. TE is largely not. Factor in the offense so it's hard to say there. QB is not the weakest link in this offense.

Sassy Squatch 09-16-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17110685)
Are you hoping Mizzou loses ALL of their games?

I'll take a bunch of games like this, I guess. He can stumble around the sideline drunkenly while coasting on the high end talent the boosters are buying.

Rams Fan 09-16-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch (Post 17110683)
What is there to learn? The first delay of game was inexcusable. To do it AGAIN when it pushes your kicker 5 yards back while we're currently set up at his career long for a game winning field goal is incomprehensible incompetence.

How much of that is on Drink vs the players vs position coaches?

Shit happens.

Sassy Squatch 09-16-2023 02:07 PM

I mean, when it's that level of incompetence it's ALL of them. And Drinkwitz is the head coach so..... kind of starts and stops at him, yeah?

BryanBusby 09-16-2023 02:07 PM

I missed the start of the game. Did the crowd boo Brady at the start? Drinkwitz is really pissed off.

Mizzou_8541 09-16-2023 02:08 PM

Drink pretty spicy at the podium. ��

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-16-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17099027)
Stepped in here to see the meltdown... Come on guys, this was a super trap game. Coming from a Hawkeye fan under Ferentz there has been many games like this where Iowa just squeaks by a Div II Northern Iowa, or South Dakota and the fans all scream bloody murder, then the next week they beat Iowa State in the 3rd game of the season and all is good.

Told you ****ers...

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-16-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17110697)
I missed the start of the game. Did the crowd boo Brady at the start? Drinkwitz is really pissed off.

You'd think he was talking about Mahomes the way he stans for his QB.

BlackHelicopters 09-16-2023 02:15 PM

I am shocked.