ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Sign Sammy Watkins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314384)

Chiefnj2 03-14-2018 10:29 PM

Cap hit this year is nice, but next year is crazy. Just under 20 mil for a receiver that's never been a top 10 guy?

Urc Burry 03-14-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13470087)
Cap hit this year is nice, but next year is crazy. Just under 20 mil for a receiver that's never been a top 10 guy?

The cap doesn’t really matter year by year. Him signing for low this year just gives us options to keep staying aggressive in FA for the right opportunity. Whatever we have left over can get rolled over... which is about 15 mil at the moment according to spotrac

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

KC had and still has a lot of cap space in 2019. They structured it this way because they can afford that large hit next year.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2018 11:36 PM

Took a gander at some of the FB comments on the Chiefs posts about their additions.. my God. LMAO

Here are a couple of gems:

“Watkins is a deadbeat bad move hopefully they just use him on kickoffs and punts..”

“Now you'll have to find a coach who isn't afraid to throw the long ball to Watkins. You pay that much money for his services, then you better full well use them.”

“Nothing to get excited about” (Referencing Watkins/Hitchens)

“I don't know if you guys heard, but jordy Nelson is available...”

Best22 03-14-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13470134)
Took a gander at some of the FB comments on the Chiefs posts about their additions.. my God. LMAO

“Watkins is a deadbeat bad move hopefully they just use him on kickoffs and punts..”

“Now you'll have to find a coach who isn't afraid to throw the long ball to Watkins. You pay that much money for his services, then you better full well use them.”

This forum is very intelligent and mature compared to Facebook

Kiimo 03-15-2018 12:43 AM

I occasionally go on Twitter to roast some unsuspecting morons with bad chiefs takes. It’s therapeutic.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-15-2018 04:16 AM

Probably former Planet members that were ran off ROFL

Hammock Parties 03-15-2018 06:18 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Don’t let the production fool you. If you watch the tape, the guy is open all the time. Literally, open all the time.&quot; - Brett Veach on Sammy Watkins, clearly having read my film review.</p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/974135654950096896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR 03-15-2018 06:20 AM

Let's see how well Jared Goff does this year without offensive coaching staff in the booth reading the defense for him.

I imagine he comes right the **** back down to earth.

staylor26 03-15-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13470226)
Let's see how well Jared Goff does this year without offensive coaching staff in the booth reading the defense for him.

They’re taking the training wheels off?

Kiimo 03-15-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

How many receivers are the top guy at 24?

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13470226)

I’m not a big Goff fan at all. Hell, I think it was just two days before I saw all of the Watkins GIFs that I said that Goff just isn’t the guy who is going to make players around him better.

I think he’s Matt Ryan lite.

Mecca 03-15-2018 08:20 AM

Goff just has no anticipation to his game at all, if the dude is standing still he can hit that throw, but throwing a dude open or realizing beforehand his guy will be open when he gets 10 yards further downfield he just sucks at that.

He has to see it to throw it, no projection ability.

BleedingRed 03-15-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13470134)

Casual fans are ****ing morons.......... Can't be said enough. My rule is, if you can't name what offense we run, what defense we run, and who at least 6 players names are.........

Yeah get ****ed, thats basic bitch shit

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13470412)
Goff just has no anticipation to his game at all, if the dude is standing still he can hit that throw, but throwing a dude open or realizing beforehand his guy will be open when he gets 10 yards further downfield he just sucks at that.

He has to see it to throw it, no projection ability.

This is true. Probably his biggest flaw by far.