ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318529)

ChiTown 03-25-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14179258)
I don’t really get the Duda addition but can live with it as long as it doesn’t eat into playing time for O’Hearn.

Really don’t care about Goodwin.

Cool. Two 1B and neither can hit LH Pitching. Great addition..........

tk13 03-25-2019 05:08 PM

The Goodwin move is what's unexpected, but as we've talked about they have a ton of outfielders if you include Whit and Owings. They can certainly move guys around, we have a ton of lineup flexibility. This still leaves a spot open for another position player though, so you'd have to think it's Frank the Tank or Artaega.

Al Bundy 03-25-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14179258)
I don’t really get the Duda addition but can live with it as long as it doesn’t eat into playing time for O’Hearn.

Really don’t care about Goodwin.

Duda will eat into O'Hearn's playing time.

Al Bundy 03-25-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14179811)
The Goodwin move is what's unexpected, but as we've talked about they have a ton of outfielders if you include Whit and Owings. They can certainly move guys around, we have a ton of lineup flexibility. This still leaves a spot open for another position player though, so you'd have to think it's Frank the Tank or Artaega.

Also means that Soler is going to be playing the outfield a lot. Also means Chris Owings piece of shit ass is going to be playing every day.

tk13 03-25-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14179827)
Also means that Soler is going to be playing the outfield a lot. Also means Chris Owings piece of shit ass is going to be playing every day.

Maybe. They have quite a few options. I'm sure Owings will play a lot but if it's Frank I'd bet him or Duda will get a lot of DH action.

dallaschiefsfan 03-25-2019 06:33 PM

Not sure who on the 40 they'd keep on the roster for the last spot. With the long term in mind, I think they're banking on Phillips joining the 25 at some point. No way they add Artaega to the 25 because he's not on the 40 - plus he'd get very little playing time. With Lucas on the team, I'm super doubtful they add Schwindel either...besides, he would also need to be added to the 40. I can't see how the last spot is a position player - has to be another bullpen arm, even though we don't need it for a few weeks.

And I hate the Duda move.

Edit: Also, the above is even more true in light of the fact Bailey will eventually need to be added to the 40. I'd actually like another 40 spot given to Ynoa. He would be a nice addition to the bullpen.

siberian khatru 03-25-2019 06:40 PM

According to George Brett, Schwindel made the team

duncan_idaho 03-25-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14179827)

Owings would play on days Merrifield plays OF or if Mondesi/Dozier is getting a day off. Soler playing OF shrinks opportunities for Owings.

If Soler is playing RF, that means Merrifield and Mondesi are covering SS and 2B. 3B would be the only other spot to utilize Owings.

More on Duda:

If their plan is for Duda/Schwindel to split time at DH, whatever.

O’Hearn was good enough last year to get everyday playing time and a chance to hit vs lefties. Duda should not be playing 1B at all.

dallaschiefsfan 03-25-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14179962)
According to George Brett, Schwindel made the team

I'm genuinely surprised. I guess he's a bench player for the first 3 weeks. Who gets booted from the 40?

tk13 03-25-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 14179971)
I'm genuinely surprised. I guess he's a bench player for the first 3 weeks. Who gets booted from the 40?

Goodwin.

dallaschiefsfan 03-25-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14180008)
Goodwin.

Already happened. Duda replaced him.

siberian khatru 03-25-2019 07:28 PM

@SamMcDowell11: After announcing it on the JumbTron earlier, George Brett said on the telecast that Frank Schwindel made the big-league team. "They told him he'll make the team, and he'll never forget that." Brett said Schwindel admitted he cried after he left.

tk13 03-25-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 14180012)
Already happened. Duda replaced him.

That's right. I guess it'd have to be a pitcher then.

Prison Bitch 03-25-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14179967)
Owings would play on days Merrifield plays OF or if Mondesi/Dozier is getting a day off. Soler playing OF shrinks opportunities for Owings.

If Soler is playing RF, that means Merrifield and Mondesi are covering SS and 2B. 3B would be the only other spot to utilize Owings.

More on Duda:

If their plan is for Duda/Schwindel to split time at DH, whatever.

O’Hearn was good enough last year to get everyday playing time and a chance to hit vs lefties. Duda should not be playing 1B at all.

What does this do to OH’s confidence? Sometimes you don’t want depth becasue it makes the incumbent know he’s the guy. Last thing we need is OH looking over his shoulder at that fat chode in the dugout

DeepSouth 03-25-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 14179971)

Bryan Flynn.