ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321485)

lewdog 10-02-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15866986)
I had a punt return that resulted in a safety. Think the sim is a little broken there.

My game had that too.

lol.

DJ's left nut 10-03-2021 03:25 PM

Weird stuff happens when you forget to set your lineup for the week, but I'll take 2-0.

Now comes the matchup of the season thus far as a couple 6-0 squads that have been largely dominant square off. Beyond that, I've got a pretty interesting little 6-7 week stretch coming up.

KC: 6-0
Enid: 4-2
Joplin: 4-2
Nashville: 5-1
Phoenix: 5-1
KC: 6-0

Gonna have a heck of a challenging little slate in front of me after playing something of a minor league schedule to this point. Glad to see how much of this squad is fool's gold.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 08:09 AM

1 down....

That was a wild-ass game right there. Tannehill puts up 600 passing yards and dominated time of possession, but I kept giving up big plays.

Needing a TD and 2 point conversion to force overtime on a 2-minute drive just seems out of sorts for as well as we moved the ball in that game. But then again, having 3 first downs wiped out due to penalties and settling for field goals on 4 drives will keep the points scored down a little bit.

Game ball goes to my offensive line who gave up all of 1 sack on 70 drop backs and a mere 9 pressures. Kept Tannehill clean and gave him all day to survey the field and pick a target.

Gonna have to keep tinkering with my run defense, though I'm not sure there's a whole ton I can do about it. This team's defense is clearly designed to win from in front.

Guess you'll have to start yourself a new winning streak, Billay...

carlos3652 10-07-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877313)
1 down....

That was a wild-ass game right there. Tannehill puts up 600 passing yards and dominated time of possession, but I kept giving up big plays.

Needing a TD and 2 point conversion to force overtime on a 2-minute drive just seems out of sorts for as well as we moved the ball in that game. But then again, having 3 first downs wiped out due to penalties and settling for field goals on 4 drives will keep the points scored down a little bit.

Game ball goes to my offensive line who gave up all of 1 sack on 70 drop backs and a mere 9 pressures. Kept Tannehill clean and gave him all day to survey the field and pick a target.

Gonna have to keep tinkering with my run defense, though I'm not sure there's a whole ton I can do about it. This team's defense is clearly designed to win from in front.

gg DJ, second comeback OT win of the year. :)

Titty Meat 10-07-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877313)
1 down....

Yeah I looked at TOP and thought that had to be a glitch. Forget another winning streak I'll just be happy with the playoffs. Looking at that standings theres very little room for error

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15877349)
gg DJ, second comeback OT win of the year. :)

It's just really tough to deal w/ a spread offense in this game if you aren't specifically designed for it. I guess the mistake I made was projection.

I built a defense designed to stop my offense. I've got corners for days and DLs that can get after the passer without much help from the LBs. With Yannick, Garrett, Jones and Clark, that front 4 will let me put a dime package out there if I need to and still get heat on the passer.

But I also threw a ton of capital at building that spread offense and nobody else really has, so he comes out and decides to run it 25 times. Despite making some changes to my run packages, it seemed to have very little impact. Now a lot of that was built on 2-3 big runs and my guys did keep him behind the sticks often enough, but those big runs still count.

The fog of war makes it difficult to know where my shortcomings there are. It could be my safeties, could be my LBs, could be scheme. Guess I'll have to just keep tinkering.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15877391)
Yeah I looked at TOP and thought that had to be a glitch. Forget another winning streak I'll just be happy with the playoffs. Looking at that standings theres very little room for error

I was shooting for 3-3 over this 6 game gauntlet with a couple of relatively easy matchups in there as well.

So I figure I'll settle in around 12-4 or 13-3. You still have some rope, especially if you knock me off in the next matchup.

carlos3652 10-07-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877398)
It's just really tough to deal w/ a spread offense in this game if you aren't specifically designed for it. I guess the mistake I made was projection.

I built a defense designed to stop my offense. I've got corners for days and DLs that can get after the passer without much help from the LBs. With Yannick, Garrett, Jones and Clark, that front 4 will let me put a dime package out there if I need to and still get heat on the passer.

But I also threw a ton of capital at building that spread offense and nobody else really has, so he comes out and decides to run it 25 times. Despite making some changes to my run packages, it seemed to have very little impact. Now a lot of that was built on 2-3 big runs and my guys did keep him behind the sticks often enough, but those big runs still count.

The fog of war makes it difficult to know where my shortcomings there are. It could be my safeties, could be my LBs, could be scheme. Guess I'll have to just keep tinkering.

Its hard to really know because one game of a 16 game season (not including playoffs) does not really represent everything correctly.. you can look it over, over a season, and it would be averaged out --- but with the amount of variables, specifically the other teams gameplan, you cant really tweak and REALLY know if you improved or not after one game.

It's tough. You did a heck of a job planning, and it shows in the results.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877408)
I was shooting for 3-3 over this 6 game gauntlet with a couple of relatively easy matchups in there as well.

So I figure I'll settle in around 12-4 or 13-3. You still have some rope, especially if you knock me off in the next matchup.

Hell, I still haven't played 5-2 Joplin yet either. They're part of that 6 game run but then I end the season with them as well.

That's 7 games over the last 9 weeks against damn good teams. Glad to have gotten one of them out of the way with a W but yeah, this race is faaaaar from over.

lewdog 10-07-2021 09:39 AM

I played the Buffalo Bills and lost 40-0.

Lol

Rain Man 10-07-2021 10:27 AM

Well, the Denver Ermines sure had an exciting game. We managed to make a Mike Jones-ish tackle on the one-yard line to win the game.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 10:35 AM

I about took the worst loss in Sandbox history in League 2.

Up 28-13 with less than five minutes to play. Springfield drives down to make it 28-19 after a failed 2-point conversion at the 2 minute warning. Attempts an onside kick - failed. Okay, that's ballgame. Up two scores with 2 minutes left - a first ices it but really anything should do the job.

Fortunately the first two plays go nicely picked up 9.99 yards to burn Springifleds remaining TOs and get it to 3rd and inches. Stuffed - no big deal, run the clock down to 40 seconds and snap it, pick up your inch and take a knee. Nope - stuffed again....AND a fumble....AND a 65 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown. Well that's not ideal. But hey, it's alright - 30 seconds left now and a 28-26 lead.

AND THEY RECOVER THE ONSIDE KICK! Then their first play they immediately pick up 15 down to my 33 and spike the clock at 6 seconds for the FG attempt.......and Zuerlein misses it.

A missed 50 yarder away from ignominy. That would've been just a brutal beat.

Rain Man 10-07-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877546)
I about took the worst loss in Sandbox history in League 2.

Up 28-13 with less than five minutes to play. Springfield drives down to make it 28-19 after a failed 2-point conversion at the 2 minute warning. Attempts an onside kick - failed. Okay, that's ballgame. Up two scores with 2 minutes left - a first ices it but really anything should do the job.

Fortunately the first two plays go nicely picked up 9.99 yards to burn Springifleds remaining TOs and get it to 3rd and inches. Stuffed - no big deal, run the clock down to 40 seconds and snap it, pick up your inch and take a knee. Nope - stuffed again....AND a fumble....AND a 65 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown. Well that's not ideal. But hey, it's alright - 30 seconds left now and a 28-26 lead.

AND THEY RECOVER THE ONSIDE KICK! Then their first play they immediately pick up 15 down to my 33 and spike the clock at 6 seconds for the FG attempt.......and Zuerlein misses it.

A missed 50 yarder away from ignominy. That would've been just a brutal beat.

That would've been pretty epic to lose.

Rukdafaidas 10-07-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15877420)
Hell, I still haven't played 5-2 Joplin yet either. They're part of that 6 game run but then I end the season with them as well.

That's 7 games over the last 9 weeks against damn good teams. Glad to have gotten one of them out of the way with a W but yeah, this race is faaaaar from over.

You're going to beat me like a drum. Week 10, I'm missing several key players, then I have absolutely nobody playing week 16, including Mahomes.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas (Post 15878416)
You're going to beat me like a drum. Week 10, I'm missing several key players, then I have absolutely nobody playing week 16, including Mahomes.

I'll be missing 5 starters in week 10 and 8 in week 16 (everyone's gonna have issues in week 16, it seems).

But yeah - missing Mahomes is no bueno...

cdcox 10-07-2021 08:25 PM

Carlos and I are tied for the division league in both leagues and are playing each other in both leagues as well.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2021 08:28 PM

I didn't realize Royal Oak was on a 6 game streak of their own...

Hell of a season they're having. An OT loss followed by 6 straight wins.

Curious to see how they compare with that stout Nashville defense.

Titty Meat 10-07-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15878588)
I didn't realize Royal Oak was on a 6 game streak of their own...

Hell of a season they're having. An OT loss followed by 6 straight wins.

Curious to see how they compare with that stout Nashville defense.

Yeah I beat Nashville this year but that's a damn good team wouldnt be surprised if they win it all even though they have Rothlisberger and he totally fell apart at the end of the year last season IRL

DJ's left nut 10-08-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15878625)
Yeah I beat Nashville this year but that's a damn good team wouldnt be surprised if they win it all even though they have Rothlisberger and he totally fell apart at the end of the year last season IRL

My recollection is that the game 'pro-rates' rather than gives you a week over week performance.

So the Ben Nashville will get over 16 games is an average of the Ben that the Steelers got in '20 and won't have a precipitous collapse late.

I used to worry about a sort of 'regression to the mean' thing - if you 'waste' your good performances early in the season, will your guys struggle late to get their numbers more in-line with what they did in the real NFL. But I think we've got enough information at this point to determine that doesn't happen.

My 'maul the bad teams' strategy early in the season will be the ultimate test. Ultimately I just don't see the sim forcing interceptions late because Tannehill carved apart some rummies early.

TambaBerry 10-08-2021 09:39 AM

Somehow my shit team has the best record in the lunar.

carlos3652 10-08-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 15878576)
Carlos and I are tied for the division league in both leagues and are playing each other in both leagues as well.

I have a built in excuse that the sim will be bias towards its owner (instead of blaming my failed gameplan) :);)

DJ's left nut 10-09-2021 07:25 PM

88-0?!?!

Jesus lads - that’s just mean.

cdcox 10-09-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15879296)
I have a built in excuse that the sim will be bias towards its owner (instead of blaming my failed gameplan) :);)

Well, after those two games I may have to resort to that... PAIN

Titty Meat 10-09-2021 07:58 PM

Judon has been on a milk carton all year so I benched his ass. The result? 3 sack game. Gronk has been MIA for the last month he could be benched soon and oh what's this? Antonio Brown returns to the league

DJ's left nut 10-09-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 15881301)
Well, after those two games I may have to resort to that... PAIN

Ooof.

Bad pick from Ben only to watch Devin Singletary ram it down your throat.

Then burned a Timeout AND 22 seconds on your last minute drive to tie with a couple of 3rd and inches rush attempts. that's probably 3-4 additional plays that could've been run.

carlos3652 10-10-2021 06:04 AM

cd - wow is all I can say, very close games and your defense / ST is ridiculous. Good game.

I will also add, both games were at home for me, so I think that was the difference

Titty Meat 10-13-2021 06:52 PM

Ok I got my defense fixed lets go

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 08:47 PM

My boys gave up all of 9 points to Aaron Rodgers but hey - good for you for keeping Jimmy Grapes under 20…

Titty Meat 10-13-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15892879)
My boys gave up all of 9 points to Aaron Rodgers but hey - good for you for keeping Jimmy Grapes under 20…

The defense I scored 38 on?

carlos3652 10-13-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15892879)

6 points.

You were winning 13-6 with 1 min to go in the game (finished 20-6)

If you would have told me before the game that I held Fitz to less than 180 yards and no passing td’s and have no rushers with over 35 yards, I would have been ecstatic.

Problem was that I didn’t account for 2 turnover on downs, and a fumble on my side of the field giving you amazing field position.

FWIW - the sim should not have gone for it in the first half on my own 35 yard line. I have an amazing punter.

and should have gone for it on 4th down from your 1 yard line in the 3rd quarter vs kicking with my FA kicker.

But alas. Good game and nice gameplan DJ

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15892910)
6 points.

You were winning 13-6 with 1 min to go in the game (finished 20-6)

If you would have told me before the game that I held Fitz to less than 180 yards and no passing td’s and have no rushers with over 35 yards, I would have been ecstatic.

Problem was that I didn’t account for 2 turnover on downs, and a fumble on my side of the field giving you amazing field position.

FWIW - the sim should not have gone for it in the first half on my own 35 yard line. I have an amazing punter.

and should have gone for it on 4th down from your 1 yard line in the 3rd quarter vs kicking with my FA kicker.

But alas. Good game and nice gameplan DJ

That's the other league.

Benton's defense has had to stand on its head, man. And yeah, giving me those 2 short fields made all the difference. And yeah, the Figgy from the 1 was a pretty poor decision as well. You got boxed by the AI a bit there.

I just don't have sufficient offensive depth to run that offense the way I want to. Really had a shit draft last season (wasn't paying enough attention to my roster needs). I knew Dak was hurt this season and just didn't put the effort into it that I should've.

If we play 10 times, you'll beat me 7 or 8 of 'em.

carlos3652 10-13-2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15892917)
That's the other league.

Benton's defense has had to stand on its head, man. And yeah, giving me those 2 short fields made all the difference. And yeah, the Figgy from the 1 was a pretty poor decision as well. You got boxed by the AI a bit there.

I just don't have sufficient offensive depth to run that offense the way I want to. Really had a shit draft last season (wasn't paying enough attention to my roster needs). I knew Dak was hurt this season and just didn't put the effort into it that I should've.

If we play 10 times, you'll beat me 7 or 8 of 'em.

But also Aaron Rodgers :)

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15892921)
But also Aaron Rodgers :)

Honestly I'd failed to even make the connection somehow.

But yeah - seems I found some sort of magic formula to shutting down Rodgers.

We had fewer offensive yards and points combined as I put up on my own in league 1.

It really was a bit of a cripple-fight. We set football back 4 decades in that one.

Titty Meat 10-13-2021 10:03 PM

Our conference is nuts. A 2 or 3 game slide could mean missing the playoffs. My target is 12 wins that's what will be needed to just make the playoffs. Someone is going to be the 2008 Patriots.

DJ's left nut 10-13-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15892924)
Our conference is nuts. A 2 or 3 game slide could mean missing the playoffs. My target is 12 wins that's what will be needed to just make the playoffs. Someone is going to be the 2008 Patriots.

Yeah there's a pretty good chance an 11 win team misses out. It's not likely but it's not impossible that a 12 win team misses.

I'd like to take a couple of big swings with the defense to see if I can lock in a few things but you don't !@#$ with a winning streak and none of you people will lose.

So I've been scared to death to make any aggressive changes and have to just keep working in the margins.

Titty Meat 10-17-2021 11:47 PM

Admins can you help me? My password isnt working I keep trying to reset it and I'm not getting the email to do so

Rain Man 10-17-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15900905)
Admins can you help me? My password isnt working I keep trying to reset it and I'm not getting the email to do so

PM cdcox. I'm useless in an emergency.

Titty Meat 10-18-2021 01:01 AM

Nm got it thanks

Titty Meat 10-20-2021 07:04 PM

After damn near losing to a shitty Vail team last week my team breaks Royal Oaks winning streak without our best offensive player and the league's leading rusher

DJ's left nut 10-25-2021 10:25 AM

Damn - my boys just got steamrolled by Nashville.

But hey, they got back on the horse nicely a week later in one of their more dominant efforts of the season against Lew's diablos.

Holding a team running Hopkins and Diggs out out there to 7 points is impressive in its own right, but put up 52 in the process. Man, that's a whupin.

But that Nashville loss was ugly and I'm not sure what to even take from it. Just a whole lot of shitty in that ballgame. I think I may just hope I don't have to play them again because we just didn't do a thing right.

Titty Meat 10-25-2021 10:32 AM

I am the anti Bart Veach. My first round RB should win rookie of the year and my biggest signing Cameron Jordan has 13 sacks. Hudson has helped bolster my O-line, just 2 seasons ago Russ was sacked 60 times! Only 11 this year.

Call me for pointers Veach

lewdog 10-25-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15913427)
Damn - my boys just got steamrolled by Nashville.

But hey, they got back on the horse nicely a week later in one of their more dominant efforts of the season against Lew's diablos.

Holding a team running Hopkins and Diggs out out there to 7 points is impressive in its own right, but put up 52 in the process. Man, that's a whupin.

But that Nashville loss was ugly and I'm not sure what to even take from it. Just a whole lot of shitty in that ballgame. I think I may just hope I don't have to play them again because we just didn't do a thing right.

Rivers is terrible!!!!

Titty Meat 10-25-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15914541)
Rivers is terrible!!!!

Why did you sign him when Brady was out there?

lewdog 10-25-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15914637)
Why did you sign him when Brady was out there?

Brady was?!?!!

I don’t recall that.

DJ's left nut 10-25-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15914541)
Rivers is terrible!!!!

I believe I might have mentioned that possibility some time ago...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15845555)
Old balls Phillip Rivers is gonna take us down, eh?

Garrett's gonna be out there making up for lost time after being suspended for the title run last season. We don't fear Phillip Rivers.

lewdog 10-25-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15914670)
I believe I might have mentioned that possibility some time ago...

Wow, you're a real ****ing Nostradamus!

DJ's left nut 10-27-2021 11:01 PM

Yeah - Imma need CD and Billay to play each other.

I really have no interest in trying to power through both of those guys. That was a hell of a matchup with KC. Nobody ever had more than a 1 score lead and there were probably a half-dozen lead changes.

And it wasn't like it was a complete track meet either - there were 5 consecutive drives ending in punts at one point.

Just two good teams that played well. I'd still like to keep messing with things here and there but I need that 1 seed to ensure I won't have to play the both of you guys...

Titty Meat 10-27-2021 11:28 PM

All 7 of our matchups have been 1 score games. That's crazy.

TambaBerry 10-28-2021 01:17 AM

My defense in I believe league 2 is straight dominant 15.5 pts per game 283 yards per game

carlos3652 10-28-2021 09:59 AM

Got my ass kicked in both leagues by cdcox

DJ's left nut 10-28-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15918323)
Got my ass kicked in both leagues by cdcox

Yeah, CD's squad has really hit its stride.

That's a tough out right now.

Titty Meat 10-30-2021 07:55 PM

Lost to a 2-11 squad by far my worst loss in Sandbox which could be the season. Joplin up next and then Vail. Royal Oak, Joplin, KC are all 11-3. Next weeks game vs Joplin is probably an elimination game for one of us

DJ's left nut 10-30-2021 08:39 PM

You’ll destroy Vail.

But an L to Joplin could be catastrophic for you.

Meanwhile I won 94-0. That is not a misprint. Tannehill threw for 825 yards and 13 touchdowns.

I should maybe turn my ‘run out the clock’ mode again. Because I decided in week 2 I’m not doing that shit so insanity like this has happened a couple times.

Rain Man 10-30-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15922014)
You’ll destroy Vail.

Meanwhile I won 94-0. That is not a misprint. Tannehill threw for 825 yards and 13 touchdowns.

I should maybe turn my ‘run out the clock’ mode again. Because I decided in week 2 I’m not doing that shit so insanity like this has happened a couple times.

What the heck are you doing? Tannehill is breaking every record in the back, and he's Tannehill.

carlos3652 10-30-2021 09:10 PM

I hate having a free agent kicker... lost 17-16. missed 2 FG and an extra point in league 2 vs tamba

carlos3652 10-30-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

You’ll destroy Vail.

Stoopid good.

Titty Meat 10-30-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

You’ll destroy Vail.

I barely beat Vail last time. Say I beat them Joplin wins out we would have the same record or if I lose to Joplin but beat Vail & Joplin loses you the last week of the season Joplin/KC would have the same record and a 1-1 No idea who the tie breaker goes to. Rain man or CD any idea of how the tie breaker would work in either scenario?

It's weird how you blow out most teams but my team that barely gets by bad teams gives you all you can handle.

Titty Meat 10-30-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15922031)
What the heck are you doing? Tannehill is breaking every record in the back, and he's Tannehill.

He hardly runs the ball and has an offensive line that doesnt give up sacks. His defense isnt elite but far from bad.

DJ's left nut 10-31-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15922031)

Perfect storm stuff, really. I built the team in the initial player draft around a slew of young WRs and an athletic OL that specializes in pass-blocking (in fact Billay even warned me that I'd come begging for Wilson to throw the ball to all these young wideouts). My plan was to suck in year 1 and get my QB and then I fell ass-backwards into Ryan Tannehill.

Then in 2020 Davis was excellent, McLaurin was a strong #2 and Curtis Samuel had the kind of year that people kept waiting for him to have (volume held him back but on a rate basis he was outstanding). And Jonnu broke out to boot. And Tannehill was one of the most efficient passers in the league in '20. I didn't expect this out of him, but I made a really aggressive offer for Russell Wilson in the off-season and then pulled it back because the more I dug around, the more convinced I was that Tannehill was actually a hell of a quarterback and maybe damn near a carbon copy of Russ.

So suddenly everything came together for a year. And honestly, the team isn't THIS good - my schedule has been pretty easy. I've had probably 6 games against dead teams and I've rolled over them all. I've only really flattened one competitive squad - the rest have been pretty nip/tuck. And it won't be this good next season either, I haven't had nearly the depth of premier performances from my WR corps in 2021. But for 2020, it just worked.

Bottom line is that I built the team to be exactly this kind of team and then it came together better than even I ever expected it to. And again - it's not this good. I think Nashville is a better overall team and Billay's group is harder to gameplan for than mine is.

If I'm betting, I still put my money on CD to win this thing. That's a really good squad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15922062)
He hardly runs the ball and has an offensive line that doesnt give up sacks. His defense isnt elite but far from bad.

The defense is pretty outstanding, but I sure as shit can't seem to figure out how to deal with your boys. Finally did some work against your run game last time out and then decided to not cover Antonio Brown. It's designed to be a unit that complements my offense and for the most part it's worked out, but it's also had some real stinkers out there.

But you're right about my OL - man it's been ridiculous. Giving up all of 13 sacks in over 700 drop-backs is just ridiculous. A 15.5% pressure rate is just another example of a plan coming together but coming together FAR better than I expected it to.

lewdog 10-31-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15922649)
Perfect storm stuff, really. I built the team in the initial player draft around a slew of young WRs and an athletic OL that specializes in pass-blocking (in fact Billay even warned me that I'd come begging for Wilson to throw the ball to all these young wideouts). My plan was to suck in year 1 and get my QB and then I fell ass-backwards into Ryan Tannehill.

Then in 2020 Davis was excellent, McLaurin was a strong #2 and Curtis Samuel had the kind of year that people kept waiting for him to have (volume held him back but on a rate basis he was outstanding). And Jonnu broke out to boot. And Tannehill was one of the most efficient passers in the league in '20. I didn't expect this out of him, but I made a really aggressive offer for Russell Wilson in the off-season and then pulled it back because the more I dug around, the more convinced I was that Tannehill was actually a hell of a quarterback and maybe damn near a carbon copy of Russ.

So suddenly everything came together for a year. And honestly, the team isn't THIS good - my schedule has been pretty easy. I've had probably 6 games against dead teams and I've rolled over them all. I've only really flattened one competitive squad - the rest have been pretty nip/tuck. And it won't be this good next season either, I haven't had nearly the depth of premier performances from my WR corps in 2021. But for 2020, it just worked.

Bottom line is that I built the team to be exactly this kind of team and then it came together better than even I ever expected it to. And again - it's not this good. I think Nashville is a better overall team and Billay's group is harder to gameplan for than mine is.

If I'm betting, I still put my money on CD to win this thing. That's a really good squad.

The defense is pretty outstanding, but I sure as shit can't seem to figure out how to deal with your boys. Finally did some work against your run game last time out and then decided to not cover Antonio Brown. It's designed to be a unit that complements my offense and for the most part it's worked out, but it's also had some real stinkers out there.

But you're right about my OL - man it's been ridiculous. Giving up all of 13 sacks in over 700 drop-backs is just ridiculous. A 15.5% pressure rate is just another example of a plan coming together but coming together FAR better than I expected it to.

You're a ****ing nerd, man.

lewdog 10-31-2021 02:55 PM

My team is by far the worst division leader. I have messed with the sliders so much but I think my roster just sucks. Only reason my record is good is because I've barely beaten (7 or less) all the dead teams as we've gone along. I just eked out a win against a 1-13 team.

Titty Meat 11-03-2021 06:36 PM

Lose to 1 of the worst teams in the league then best Joplin in a win or go home type game 48-3. Makes sense

carlos3652 11-03-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15932909)
Lose to 1 of the worst teams in the league then best Joplin in a win or go home type game 48-3. Makes sense

Your team works better under pressure ;)

DJ's left nut 11-03-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15932909)

I decided I was going to prove I could run the football if I felt so inclined.

24 carries for 188 yards by Dalvin.

Yeah, that’ll do.

Titty Meat 11-03-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15932954)
I decided I was going to prove I could run the football if I felt so inclined.

24 carries for 188 yards by Dalvin.

Yeah, that’ll do.

Too little too late. You cant have ALL the records on offense.

Did I tell you I'm a candidate for the Vail job?

DJ's left nut 11-03-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15932995)
Too little too late. You cant have ALL the records on offense.

Did I tell you I'm a candidate for the Vail job?

I didn’t even have the damn division locked up until last week. I STILL haven’t clinched the 1 seed.

Couldn’t tinker with the formula too much.

Titty Meat 11-06-2021 08:02 PM

Alright took care of business finished the dreaded 13-3 and I get rewarded with a first round opponent who can win the whole thing. Good luck fellas

carlos3652 11-06-2021 10:12 PM

I’m sure you’ll avenge your only loss of the regular season from 2019 with me… I have a mediocre 13-3 team. I got 5th place in both league 1 and 2 ugh…

Titty Meat 11-07-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15938006)
I’m sure you’ll avenge your only loss of the regular season from 2019 with me… I have a mediocre 13-3 team. I got 5th place in both league 1 and 2 ugh…

You had a nice winning streak during the season and I only beat you by 5. Are rosters are pretty similar sans a few positions

DJ's left nut 11-08-2021 09:45 AM

So my league 2 team sneaked into the playoffs at 10-6 via the point differential category.

Sitting here trying to figure out a gameplan and it occurs to me that this team does NOTHING well. Can't run the ball, can't pass the ball. It isn't great in coverage and the pass rush is essentially Brian Burns or nothing. The blitzers don't get home and nobody turns the ball over.

How the hell did this team go 10-6? I guess the 3-1 start when I had Dak and Julio gave me a little bit of breathing room. The 7-5 finish is probably more demonstrative of how playoff-capable this team is.

Oh well, there's always the inevitable 2nd round disappointment in League 1 to look forward to. Gonna hope Royal Oak wins since I have no idea how to keep another game against Billay from being a 1-score slugfest and at some point my guys aren't gonna come out on top there.

Shoulda tanked week 16 to get the 2 seed and a shot at Lew in the 2nd round.

lewdog 11-08-2021 10:58 AM

What is playoffs schedule as far as days, still Wednesday and Saturday Sims?

wheeler08 11-08-2021 04:43 PM

#1 seed in conference with Kirk Cousins, Russel Gage and Jamal Agnew leading the offense!

Titty Meat 11-09-2021 06:16 PM

Damn I really am the Marty of sandbox

Rukdafaidas 11-09-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15945483)

Wow, that ending was nuts.

carlos3652 11-09-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15945483)

Gg … that ending was ridiculous.

A couple points.

I don’t know why the sim would go for two when you are down 24-20
Great job tying the game to go to overtime.
I have no idea how I won.

Great game though/

lewdog 11-09-2021 07:53 PM

I hope I can score some points in my playoff game.

Doubtful though.

TambaBerry 11-09-2021 08:18 PM

best defense by far in the league and they give up 33 points, come on sims

carlos3652 11-09-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 15945668)
best defense by far in the league and they give up 33 points, come on sims

36 I think in League 2 right?

It was weird because in week 14, I lost to you 16-17, (I missed 2 easy FGS and an XP) which would have have given me 23 points. But this game it was 36-17

I only had 40 more yards this game than last 350 v 390... but I did not miss any FG's this time...

My 3rd down efficiency was horrible both games 2-11 and 2-9

Rodgers had the same yards but threw for 4 tds instead of 2, somehow he was more efficient.

I cant put my finger on why i scored so many...

Titty Meat 11-09-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15945560)

A couple points.

Great game though/

Good game you have a good team pull the upset next game

DJ's left nut 11-09-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15945560)

A couple points.

Great game though/

It also seems to think the Goats scored 5 TDs (threw for 4, rushed for 1)

In league 2 my squad ran a FA Quarterback and RB even though I re-checked my roster and both have the regular starter in.

There are some oddities on the Sims here, IMO.