ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor: Chiefs are signing Hollywood Brown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352725)

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2024 06:14 AM

LMAO Let's not get too crazy here. I've already said I'd prefer Hardman at cost over Brown at cost, but they are not the same player.

Hardman is injury prone as ****, has a legitimately poor football IQ, STILL hasn't developed much in 5 years in this system, and has a penchant for potentially back breaking ****ups.

Essentially Toney with tenure

Monticore 03-14-2024 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17442344)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I know Chiefs fans don’t want to hear this, but Hollywood is Mecole for about 8 million more per year.</p>&mdash; Marc Boerigter (@mboerigter) <a href="https://twitter.com/mboerigter/status/1768100689845080513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecole has zero football IQ and does not really play off Kelce or rice well , doesn’t track the ball well , prone to fumbling , can’t really run the full route tree , doesn’t fit our scheme really but Andy one of the best offensive minds ever managed to squeeze something out of him, he couldn’t even get in the field in NY ahead of Lazard and Cobb , not sure I see the comparison

Rainbarrel 03-14-2024 06:18 AM

Remember that one handed catch that one time, years ago. Yeah that's what NFL fans want

ForeverChiefs58 03-14-2024 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17442359)
Remember that one handed catch that one time, years ago. Yeah that's what NFL fans want

I can’t embed video on my phone

https://youtu.be/-dVAPOaDKus?feature=shared

Sassy Squatch 03-14-2024 06:35 AM

Mecole Hardman played so poorly in the Wild Card and Divisional rounds that Justyn ****ing Ross took more snaps in the AFC Championship than he did. The more I look back the more I don't want him, at any price point. I guess if he's sign for vet minimum he'd be a decent 5/6, but that's all.

tyecopeland 03-14-2024 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17442359)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 17442363)
I can’t embed video on my phone

https://youtu.be/-dVAPOaDKus?feature=shared

He didn't score so that should take a few million off the contract.

CupidStunt 03-14-2024 06:42 AM

Hollywood is a real good player whose production is neutered by the offenses he's had to suffer in. Especially in Arizona, with Kliff's godawful horizontal offense and playing with scrub backup QBs for half his time there.

My only concerns with him would be overpaying based on the market (thanks Titans) and using him in any sort of similar role to what he's done or how we've used various gadget scubs. He's a legitimate WR, use him like that. Perfect compliment to Rice too.

I do imagine the Ridley contract totally changes things though. I don't see us signing any of the best UFA WR available. Someone will give them a bunch of money.

scho63 03-14-2024 06:58 AM

Time to reconsider trading up to get a star WR.

The price for the move is turning out to be less than paying a guy like Ridley $23 million a year for 4 years with that guarantee.

Saving all the cap money on a rookie contract means something.

Dunerdr 03-14-2024 07:06 AM

My source, a 14 year old Venezuelan kid. Told me that the plan was Hollywood Brown yesterday afternoon until Mike Williams was released. Now the Chiefs are doing their homework.

chiefzilla1501 03-14-2024 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17442343)
I’m confused.

Marquise Brown … can run a full route free, he does catch the ball, and he can hit his spots.

I’m not thrilled about what he’s going to cost in this market, but if the Chiefs signed him they’d be added a dynamic, explosive weapon.

I’m waiting to see which direction the team goes and not really concerned either way.

If the Chiefs add Brown and pay a AAV that would have sounded crazy before FA, it’s them taking a stab on a player they think fits and would ascend in their offense and just accepting that the market is what the market is.

If the Chiefs go with someone like Donovan Peoples-Jones and/or other smaller moves and spend draft capital at WR, it’s them not accepting the market and taking different swings.

I trust the front office that has won back-to-back Super Bowls to find the best path forward towards a repeat.

The only thing that would really make me nervous is putting all their money on Mike Williams staying healthy.

I’m not nearly convinced we get the consistency. We get an explosive athlete which we really need given how defenses dared us to throw deep. But realistically we’re probably getting a boom/bust guy who gets less targets and is less reliable with drops and such. It’s a much better version of what we have but it fixes one issue while still leaving one open.

We need a legit speed threat and we need a consistent and reliable… god I hate to use the word… but possession type wr. If you could fix both problems with one guy that would be gravy. But that’s very unrealistic. So it probably needs to be 2 guys. Hollywood would be wonderful but adding a second piece even if it’s a value draft pick would be great.

Red Dawg 03-14-2024 07:09 AM

Mike has 7 seasons with 2 he actually made it through. No thanks unless vet min.

ForeverIowan 03-14-2024 07:09 AM

We sign both Hollywood and Mike Williams on cheaper 1 year prove it deals the rest of the NFL might as well bend over and grab their ankles.

O.city 03-14-2024 07:13 AM

Marc Boerighter has become the most smarmy ass hat for a guy that.....I mean, wasn't really good?

Dunerdr 03-14-2024 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17442394)
I’m not nearly convinced we get the consistency. We get an explosive athlete which we really need given how defenses dared us to throw deep. But realistically we’re probably getting a boom/bust guy who gets less targets and is less reliable with drops and such. It’s a much better version of what we have but it fixes one issue while still leaving one open.

We need a legit speed threat and we need a consistent and reliable… god I hate to use the word… but possession type wr. If you could fix both problems with one guy that would be gravy. But that’s very unrealistic. So it probably needs to be 2 guys. Hollywood would be wonderful but adding a second piece even if it’s a value draft pick would be great.

You have two consistent guys in Kelce and Rice. Were complimentary receiver shopping. There's no one left that's a consistent guy, there really wasn't any to begin with unless you count Ridley. There's low cost options left if you just want a chain mover, Hollywood offers you more of the Tyreek dynamic where as everyone else offers you a better version of Skyy at this point.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-14-2024 07:15 AM

Look I like Mecole and am on Team Bring Him Back….

But has he ever once ran a good route to catch a pass in the 15-20 yard range?

Cause that’s where Hollywood thrives most. That’s a truly terrible comp.