ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lebron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292871)

chiefzilla1501 06-20-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11558006)
Blocks and steals weren't tabulated until Wilt retired in '73-'74. As well, the 3 point shot came in '79-'80.

In addition, Jordan played in what was arguably the most watered down league talent wise with perhaps the best coach of all-time. (Four new expansion teams in '88 in the Hornets, Heat, T-Wolves and Magic.) Robertson was going against a future Hall of Famer nearly every single night and was fighting for rebounds against Chamberlain, Russell, Reed, Pettit, etc.

I'm not saying that Jordan sucks, but Robertson's numbers are absolutely astounding. 25.7 ppg and 9.5 assists per for his 14 year career?! Add 7.5 rpg. That's insanity sauce.

The one thing that Robertson suffers from is the same thing that Wilt does - the lack of multiple championships (Robertson has one, Wilt had two). And they suffered from the same fate - The Lakers and Celtics.

I have never put MJ on the top of the list from a numbers perspective. Not even an ability standpoint. I don't care about total championships. There has never been a closer in the history of sports like MJ. In any sport.

Even if the talent in MJ's era was watered down, the players were still extremely athletic compared to the Robertson era. And there were enough really good teams to make each playoff run a challenge. Not to mention Jordan typically faced elite defensive guards most nights. So the talent comparison between era evens out more than you think.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11558008)
I just want to post one more time (I'm not reading whatever it is idiot just posted):

I am done with this thread. Final. No more. I am going to my User CP and ignoring it. Waste of my time.

Tap out acknowledged. Concession accepted.

New World Order 06-20-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11557839)
I don't even give a shit, but my two cents on the matter:

1. Oscar Robertson
2. Lebron James
3. Michael Jordan
4. Kobe Bryant

And you legitimately argue that any one of those guys was the second best player in the history of the NBA after Wilt, of course.

This is a KC Connection list

KC_Connection 06-20-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11558029)

This is a laughably weak troll attempt.

New World Order 06-20-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11558037)
This is a laughably weak troll attempt.

No trolling, it's just something you would post.

BigCatDaddy 06-20-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11558029)

Pretty sure would need to replace Kobe with the best player on the last team that LeBron defeated.

-King- 06-20-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

I just want to post one more time (I'm not reading whatever it is idiot just posted):

I am done with this thread. Final. No more. I am going to my User CP and ignoring it. Waste of my time.

ROFL

New World Order 06-20-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11558057)
Pretty sure would need to replace Kobe with the best player on the last team that LeBron defeated.

Good point

KC_Connection 06-21-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11558041)
No trolling, it's just something you would post.

It was trolling and it didn't even make sense. That is multiple times now that you've brought me up unprovoked, though. Your obsession is becoming more than a bit odd.

New World Order 06-21-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11558955)
It was trolling and it didn't even make sense. That is multiple times now that you've brought me up unprovoked, though. Your obsession is becoming more than a bit odd.

You're the NBA thread jester.

ARROW2 06-21-2015 03:37 AM

Quote:

Bwahahaha. Ass kicked.

Deberg_1990 06-26-2015 05:29 PM

LeBron a free agent again?

Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James will take a “wait-and-see approach” in free agency this summer, reports Chris Haynes of the Cleveland.com.

James is expected to decline his player option for next season and is expected to be the “last domino to fall” for Cleveland, according to Haynes. He is also expected to resign with the Cavaliers.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/26/leb...love-cavaliers