ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto ***Official Car and Gearhead Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291377)

lewdog 08-23-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13032976)
I went to the office after hours to meet a customer who badly needed a tool. He and his friend opened the office door to leave and the crazy thud/smack happened. They backed up and closed the door and commented the lightning was close because they could feel their hairs standing up. We were talking about how close it was and then one of the guys asked me why my truck taillight was on. I grabbed my key fob and the truck, parked just feet from the door, was unresponsive. It only had power to the passenger side power seat and the passenger side taillight was stuck on. I would have normally been a lot more upset but the fact two customers could have been killed put it in perspective. I may get ef'd on this deal but I'm in a financial position to take my lumps if I'm forced to. There would have been a time in my life when something like this could have been financially devastating. I'm already Raptor shopping to make myself feel better, LOL.

I'm not a truck guy but the Raptor's are ****ing awesome.

What's the truck you have now though? I love the blue color on it. I've never seen one like that.

cooper barrett 08-24-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 13031900)
I'm guessing every switch, module, electic motor, etc. are cooked. I think it is likely that they total it. Repairs could run 30k.

Btw you can force them to total it if you can show that it will reduce resale enough or if repairs are over 30% (?) Of value.

Someone in the insurance field can probably give you the correct percentages.

It's 50% in IA and they do have diminished value allowances but it looks complicated.

Is there any sign your truck was hit by lightning, either on the ground or on the wheels. I would think if you were hit the electricity had to go somewhere. either way my opinion is that your truck will go to a Ford dealer to have the problem looked at and possibly get a new PCM and LCM (lighting control module) replaced. If this does not show signs of bringing it back to life then Ford will contact a regional or nation level tech. to inspect the truck or to give trouble shooting assistance. I would venture that they will drop $3-5K before they circle their wagons and start to decide what their next move will be.

Just think, if you're insured with Farmers your truck may be a celebrity.

I think you should seriously consider what they may use\offer you as a salvage value and strongly consider buying it for resale or rebuilding yourself. I would not be afraid of it myself. It's like a TV once the electricity stops flowing nothing more is damaged. I used to sell rebuilders and I think you would have a long line of buyers if the price is right. I know I would be interested in talking if you don't take the opportunity. Keep me in mind?

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-24-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13033243)
I'm not a truck guy but the Raptor's are ****ing awesome.

What's the truck you have now though? I love the blue color on it. I've never seen one like that.

It's just a 2016 F150 but I added a BDS lift, Bushwacker fender flares, Fuel Beast wheels, Amp Research power running boards, and Gatorback mud flaps. I love the color too. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. I'll probably get a white or red Raptor. I had a black 2013 Raptor, which looked awesome when it was clean, but I have to drive on 1/4 mile of gravel everyday.

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-24-2017 06:58 AM

All good info, cooper. I have State Farm. I have zero interest in buying it back. I don't have time for projects right now. I'd be more than happy to keep you in mind though. Send me a PM with your cell#, just in case.

cooper barrett 08-24-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13033572)
All good info, cooper. I have State Farm. I have zero interest in buying it back. I don't have time for projects right now. I'd be more than happy to keep you in mind though. Send me a PM with your cell#, just in case.

St. Farm will want to keep it for a commercial :D:D:D:D

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-24-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13033867)
St. Farm will want to keep it for a commercial :D:D:D:D

I hope so!

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-25-2017 08:34 AM

Update on the lightning-struck truck:
The dealership called and the estimate is 7k to replace 13 modules that aren't communicating. He said, " Once we get those in, we'll see what else might need replaced." I'm guessing State Farm will want to try that, unfortunately. One dealer already told me they won't accept my truck on trade though, due to the potential future issues. Uggh...

Buehler445 08-25-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13035359)
The dealership called and the estimate is 7k to replace 13 modules that aren't communicating. He said, " Once we get those in, we'll see what else might need replaced." I'm guessing State Farm will want to try that, unfortunately. One dealer already told me they won't accept my truck on trade though, due to the potential future issues. Uggh...

Poop. Craigslist that bitch if they won't total it.

cooper barrett 08-25-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13035359)

1-Time to have a conversation about diminished value with Farmers. Explain that you have been told that, upon telling a dealer about this incident, had happened stated they would not accept your truck in trade. I will be waiting for their response to this:

2-Also, make sure you ask about Farmer's liability if your truck goes into "Exorcist" mode and causes an accident or even kills someone. Do this in person and then follow up with an email, and a letter, and wait for a response im writing...

3-Do you have a lien holder, GAP insurance... If you do, contact the lien holder and tell them what has happened to the truck. Mention that you have a GAP policy.

4- I suggest that you do not accept the truck until you are satisfied with the answers you get.

I made St. Farm buy back my Mercedes SLK 320, so I know what an uphill battle it can be. Ask tough question, demand answers in writing, rinse and repeat.

When you are done asking questions then I suggest turning it over to an attorney but doing so too quickly will just make your atty a lot of money.

****Remember you are not the first time this kind of thing has happened to. I suggest you contact that guy in Nevada, TX about his claim. Rubalcava Concrete Construction, Wylie, TX his name was Anthony.***

Buehler445 08-25-2017 10:24 AM

Cooper gives good advice here. Getting it all in writing is prudent. I'd get something from the dealer in writing regarding trade

EDIT: heh. I got cooper in the green. You're welcome n00b. :D. Good post though.

ToxSocks 08-25-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13035538)

EDIT: heh. I got cooper in the green. You're welcome n00b. :D. Good post though.

Way to ruin it for everyone.

**Just neg repped him to add balance to the universe. Look how quickly that red bar lit up too....my neg rep must be stronk....**

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-25-2017 11:06 AM

Cooper, I have State Farm, not Farmers, not that it really matters. Thank you for the advice!

ToxSocks 08-25-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13035608)
Cooper, I have State Farm, not Farmers, not that it really matters. Thank you for the advice!

He'd probably really appreciate a neg rep if you'd be gracious enough.

**SOB you musta put him in green again**

Buehler445 08-25-2017 11:41 AM

ROFL. Keep working Detoxing.

Perineum Ripper 08-25-2017 12:02 PM

Hey any of you guys looking to buy a car..I'm trying to sell my 2014 VW Passat TDI

BigRedChief 08-25-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13035637)
He'd probably really appreciate a neg rep if you'd be gracious enough.

**SOB you musta put him in green again**

whats he done to wArrant pegging him out in red?

cooper barrett 08-25-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13035538)
Cooper gives good advice here. Getting it all in writing is prudent. I'd get something from the dealer in writing regarding trade

Well thank you Faris for the compliment.

I see where detoxing gave me red just cause I am a newbie...

I don't want any "just because" red reps

Oh if you tell the ins. co. that XYZ dealer won't take your trade, they will have their ears up like a dobe' hearing the pizza delivery driver. Remember that adjuster works with them too.

ToxSocks 08-25-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13036045)
whats he done to wArrant pegging him out in red?

Uhhh....he's a noob?

What other reason do you need?

He also once tried to go Grammar Nazi on someone while simultaneously being terrible at grammar.

Couple that with being a noob and he deserves to wear red for awhile.

ToxSocks 08-25-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13036071)
Well thank you Faris for the compliment.

I see where detoxing gave me red just cause I am a newbie...

I don't want any "just because" red reps

Oh if you tell the ins. co. that XYZ dealer won't take your trade, they will have their ears up like a dobe' hearing the pizza delivery driver. Remember that adjuster works with them too.

Oh you don't want to be neg repped you say?

You know what we do to people around here who complain about neg reps?

cooper barrett 08-25-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13035608)

I knew that, I just have Farmers Claim University on the brain

DJ's left nut 08-25-2017 03:00 PM

Steve,

Not sure how often you stick your head in here these days, but guess where Dave's Camaro is right now?

Houston.

Not a great place for a 6 figure muscle car at the moment...

ToxSocks 08-25-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13036090)
I knew that, I just have Farmers Claim University on the brain

Why is this guy still green?

CP has lost its burst.

The pussification of CP continues.

Honestly, i'm disappointed in all of you.

cooper barrett 08-25-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13036074)
Uhhh....he's a noob?

What other reason do you need?

He also once tried to go Grammar Nazi on someone while simultaneously being terrible at grammar.

Couple that with being a noob and he deserves to wear red for awhile.

Thank you for your input.

My dog, a chocolate field lab, He (Wilbur) knows how to say several things. One of them is "Thank You" and another sounds just like "Thank You" but is enunciated differently.....

I met my GF when she as a total stranger at Home Depot when she asked if she could pet him (he was in a cart). I gave her a chunk of jerky (his fav) to give him and he wolfed it down and said "thank you" without being prompted for the first time. When she started to leave I gave him a sign and he told her "I love you" We took her for an ice creme (another of his favs) after shopping and we have been with her every since.

Buehler445 08-25-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13036094)
Steve,

Not sure how often you stick your head in here these days, but guess where Dave's Camaro is right now?

Houston.

When the tornado went through KC, by buddy had a plane at whatever airport it was that got hit.

They never even mentioned it, but I would have been beside myself.

cooper barrett 08-25-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13036397)
When the tornado went through KC, by buddy had a plane at whatever airport it was that got hit.

They never even mentioned it, but I would have been beside myself.

Jo-Co executive on 151 St.:)

Buehler445 08-25-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13036464)
Jo-Co executive on 151 St.:)

I don't remember which airport, I just remember seeing the pics.

Miles 08-26-2017 01:17 AM

The complete shit roads in Dallas are starting to wear me down and briefly consider switching to a crossover like a Mecan. When I say shitty its understating how the asphalt roads just fall apart with the heat and turn into potholes. Also whenever there is construction the street is dug up patched with shoveling in asphalt and calling it good without leveling shit. The construction is constant.

Miles 08-26-2017 01:21 AM

I'm still on the ledege of considering switching from a performance car. Though after researching just how much it costs for a something like a performance crossover and then start looking at less practical 2 door coupes that beat the shit out of me on a daily basis driving to work with my local roads.

Miles 08-26-2017 01:28 AM

To continue this. A used Mecan GTS would likely be a very comfortable daily driver. But can't resist idea of M4 or cayman which would beat the shit out of me on bad roads. Probably stick with what I have longer which is paid off.

Miles 08-26-2017 01:31 AM

Sorry for the drunk ramblings. My annoyance with local roads boiled over recently.

BigRedChief 08-26-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13038505)
I'm still on the ledege of considering switching from a performance car. Though after researching just how much it costs for a something like a performance crossover and then start looking at less practical 2 door coupes that beat the shit out of me on a daily basis driving to work with my local roads.

I loved the smoothness of the BMW's on a flat road but my car has turned out to be a fantastic daily driver. It takes the bumps/potholes pretty smooth. Maybe because its 4000 lbs.? Wide base? Any of you car guys know?

I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. If you can get it on your daily driver, buy it. I can set a speed and the car speeds up or slows down as traffic warrants. I can set how far or close I want to stay back from the cars in front of me. Money well spent.

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-26-2017 08:11 AM

Yeah, my Hellcat was smooth as hell on rough roads. Advantage of driving a tank (a badass tank). Adaptive cruise control is only on automatics. I love that feature and I don't have it on my Z06. Other tech that I love is rain sensing wipers and auto high beams. We're so spoiled, LOL.

Buehler445 08-26-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13038658)
I loved the smoothness of the BMW's on a flat road but my car has turned out to be a fantastic daily driver. It takes the bumps/potholes pretty smooth. Maybe because its 4000 lbs.? Wide base? Any of you car guys know?

I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. If you can get it on your daily driver, buy it. I can set a speed and the car speeds up or slows down as traffic warrants. I can set how far or close I want to stay back from the cars in front of me. Money well spent.

It is typically suspension travel and Wheelbase. Weight helps, as it's not getting tossed around as much. But it is primarily wheelbase. There is a reason those boats from the 70s like the New Yorker and Buicks rode like glass. They were a quarter mile long!

Buehler445 08-26-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13038666)
Yeah, my Hellcat was smooth as hell on rough roads. Advantage of driving a tank (a badass tank). Adaptive cruise control is only on automatics. I love that feature and I don't have it on my Z06. Other tech that I love is rain sensing wipers and auto high beams. We're so spoiled, LOL.

Backup cameras and buttcoolers for the win!

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-26-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13038670)
Backup cameras and buttcoolers for the win!

Agreed, but I call it a ball chiller

BigRedChief 08-26-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13038666)

Yep, I got all the additional tech on my ride. Automatic wipers, headlights, butt and back coolers, backup cameras, side view alerts etc. Never had a car with this level of tech. Doubt I ever have another daily drive without it. :rolleyes:

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-26-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13038688)
Yep, I got all the additional tech on my ride. Automatic wipers, headlights, butt and back coolers, backup cameras, side view alerts etc. Never had a car with this level of tech. Doubt I ever have another daily drive without it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we're spoiled with sweet rides for sure. For others' reference, I'm not referring to automatic headlamps, I'm referring to automatically turning your brights on and off.

Marcellus 08-26-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13038701)
Yeah, we're spoiled with sweet rides for sure. For others' reference, I'm not referring to automatic headlamps, I'm referring to automatically turning your brights on and off.

Friend of mine has a 1960 Cadillac convertible that has factory auto headlight dimming.There is a sensor in the middle of the dash to control it.

The floor switch that was usually the dimmer on those cars actually controlled the AM radio station knob. You could drive down the road and search for stations on the radio with your foot.

cooper barrett 08-26-2017 12:40 PM

I don't really have to deal with pot hole and when i do they are few and far between but I think of all the cars I ever drove Volvo had the best overall feel to me. Can't explain it, don't drive one but once a year but the S60 R-Design is a very nice car.

I am a driving purest, I want to feel the pot holes just don't want them to be too jarring when I have a client in the car or out on the town for a night. I am blessed with good roads so that is not an issue and my state hiked the gas tax $.10 to improve and build new roads.

I hate to say but I hate having to fix all that creature comfort crap when it breaks so my newest car is a 2005 Crown Vic Police interceptor. My winter beater has been a great car. It has minor issues but other than a battery and oil changes I have done nothing to it for 3 years.

I could get spoiled by adaptive cruise but I don't drive using cruise control unless going from KC to Denver and someone in the passenger seat is steering. That's not very often.

I don't mind flicking my finger to dim the 130W brights: I upgraded all my cars. Power seats muh. I did like the car I had that moved the seat back when you opened the door. That was cool and useful to for someone who sits a little closer to the wheel .

My ex loved the Mercedes coupe that handed you the seat belt. After I moved on she paid $850 to get it fixed! :D I always hated it till then.:rolleyes:

TPMS is a nice thing, and IMHO the best thing for the overall drivers safety and convenience ever.

Heated seats, ball chillers, wifi, multi media, rear cameras, side warnings, self driving, auto breaking, self parking, biometric locks, driver data storage (Don't get me started on this one), etc, etc, etc... nice but I never use them and\or just don't want them. I mean being able to shut your car off on your phone is great but I have never had a car stolen and doubt I ever do. :D

Furthermore, I don't want to pay for them either. Most of all I don't want to have to see another dealer service writer in my life, "You need this module for $1000 and you need this sensor for $550 and the labor is $450. iF YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR PERMISSION and $2K,I'LL HAVE YOU ON THE ROAD IN AN HOUR.

You guys bask in your ball chillers and rear cameras and self dimming headlights, I save my money to pay me atty to get me out of the 125 in a 70 tickets.

cooper barrett 08-26-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13038857)
Friend of mine has a 1960 Cadillac convertible that has factory auto headlight dimming.There is a sensor in the middle of the dash to control it.

The floor switch that was usually the dimmer on those cars actually controlled the AM radio station knob. You could drive down the road and search for stations on the radio with your foot.

GM's Guidematic later moved to headlight bucket

stevieray 08-26-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13036094)
Steve,

Houston.

:eek:

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-26-2017 07:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey lightning, screw you.

cooper barrett 08-26-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13039508)
Hey lightning, screw you.

Did you buy it...

update on livewire...

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-26-2017 09:38 PM

Yep, love it. Now I'm in no rush and can take my time dealing with State Farm.

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-28-2017 02:44 PM

According to State Farm, the Iowa diminished value laws only protect against collision, not comprehensive claims. I haven't had time to research this yet.

stevieray 09-01-2017 08:38 PM

Greaserama 17 this weekend at Platte County Fairgrounds.

Riding bikes up with a couple of friends.

Great car and bike show!

Buehler445 09-01-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13042609)
According to State Farm, the Iowa diminished value laws only protect against collision, not comprehensive claims. I haven't had time to research this yet.

Roll it down a hill and smash it into a tree. BOOM collision. I'm here to help :D

Buzz 09-02-2017 05:36 PM

Rust converter, has anyone used it, what brand and where did you buy it? I have some rust on my pickup I want patch up. I say patch up as in stop the rusting, grind it down and bondo it up. Truck isn't worth $700 bucks with 250,000 miles but I kinda like it and don't want it looking like a total piece of crap.

SAUTO 09-02-2017 05:56 PM

Por 15 is good stuff.

cooper barrett 09-02-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13042609)

I believe this is true.

SAUTO 09-02-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13051765)
Greaserama 17 this weekend at Platte County Fairgrounds.

Riding bikes up with a couple of friends.

Great car and bike show!

Ive got a couple of buddys who took several cars up. Its always a cool show

Buzz 09-02-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MODSAUTO (Post 13053569)
Por 15 is good stuff.

Just watched a youtube video on that, doesn't look like a rust converter but part of a 4 part process. I was wanting to find something in a rattle can or spray that didn't require that many steps? Ever use corroseal? I was wanting to find something local and not have to order online.

cooper barrett 09-02-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13053529)
Rust converter, has anyone used it, what brand and where did you buy it? I have some rust on my pickup I want patch up. I say patch up as in stop the rusting, grind it down and bondo it up. Truck isn't worth $700 bucks with 250,000 miles but I kinda like it and don't want it looking like a total piece of crap.

I second the POR15 for rust on beaters, drivers and work stuff but not to cover rust on classic restoration projects. It water/ moisture gets under it...toast.
FYI There are other brands of the same product out there but Chassis Saver is what I use instead of POR15.

Clean it up good bare metal if you can(acid if comfotable), degrease well and paint on several coats (dab it in all nooks and crannies and get to the back if you can. Be prepared to put filler (bondo or all-metal) on it when tacky. You will need to sand / grind if not.

My trick for utility repairs is to brush or spray POR15 "*silver*" on after bondo work is finished as it draws moisture, and then epoxy prime or epoxy paint while tacky. *black works great silver fills better. I did the engine compartment in my 240Z but propping and brushing 2 coats of the silver CS and then painting with Centari single state with a 2 part hardener (Dupont Pro-pack?) and I was getting rave reviews at a car club, show track event.

I an currently doing a total restoration of 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible (one owner) and have cut out all rust and MIG'ed in new. The bottom of the car has Chassis Saver over every inch (It's good to have a rotisserie to do this) as does the inside floor pans and inside of doors. Areas of the car that are prone to rust such as the rear sill where top sits have CS coated with epoxy primer followed by matching topcoat to follow

cooper barrett 09-02-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13051789)
Roll it down a hill and smash it into a tree. BOOM collision. I'm here to help :D

Have some guy in a JD tractor hit it and crawl right over the top.of it. He can blame it on bad wipers and you can see what a sardine feels like.

Abba-Dabba 09-02-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13053529)

Will 3rd on the POR15. But I have a few tips.

Preparation is key. Grind all rust out.

Clean, clean, clean with POR15 cleaner. Make sure the surface is so clean you would rather eat off it than a dinner plate. When I have used POR15 I have used a combination of power washer, steam cleaner, and POR 15 cleaner/degreaser just to prep the surface before etching.

Be sure to make sure to etch your surface well with POR15 Metal prep.

Use their power mesh if needed. Buy 4oz. cans rather than the pint or quart. Once you open those big cans, be prepared to use it all otherwise. It is a pain other wise to open the can later. You could put a piece of plastic over the top of the can and put the lid down on top. But remember, air can seep and ruin the paint anyway.

I have used POR15 paint, cleaner/degreaser, metal prep, power mesh, and patch filler all with great success.

Abba-Dabba 09-02-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13053638)
Just watched a youtube video on that, doesn't look like a rust converter but part of a 4 part process. I was wanting to find something in a rattle can or spray that didn't require that many steps? Ever use corroseal? I was wanting to find something local and not have to order online.

Try this.

http://www.vintagejeeps.com/p-2112-r...cmp-quart.aspx

cooper barrett 09-02-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13053638)

If you are going that way shoot the entire area with 2 heavy coats of epoxy 2 part primer in a spray can (Spraymax brand)

stevieray 09-02-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MODSAUTO (Post 13053584)
Ive got a couple of buddys who took several cars up. Its always a cool show

It has gotten huge. Lot of sweet rides..brushed/gloss finishes are really taking off.

....the creativity is off the charts, especially the rat rods.

hometeam 10-08-2017 12:04 PM

A lil Sunday funday with the boys. Car is done being tinkered with for the season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRWv3mdvbgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

402 horse
539 torque ��

https://imgur.com/nS0H0cu.jpg

God damn this thing takes out of the hole like a rocket. As long as I'm at this power level she dead hooks on the street~

Marcellus 10-08-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 13131905)
A lil Sunday funday with the boys. Car is done being tinkered with for the season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRWv3mdvbgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://imgur.com/nS0H0cu.jpg

God damn this thing takes out of the hole like a rocket. As long as I'm at this power level she dead hooks on the street~

Goddammit man what are the numbers!:cuss::D

hometeam 10-08-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13131914)
Goddammit man what are the numbers!:cuss::D

I edited the numbers in~

The Dyno I am on is the definition of a heartbreaker. This thing is the stingiest EVER.

hometeam 10-08-2017 12:24 PM

That 9 inch and 4l80e just eats that whp. Though it gives it back through the stall in torque. If it was a t56 and 10 bolt like when I bought the car my guess is it would be pushing 450 hp and tq on this Dyno, near 500 on a dynojet.

Indian Chief 10-08-2017 02:49 PM

Just out of curiosity, what size rubber on there?

hometeam 10-08-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13132373)
Just out of curiosity, what size rubber on there?

front are 17 inch skinnies rears are 15x10 275/60/15, 25 inch tall ET street pros

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-19-2017 08:42 PM

I'm the guy with the F150 that got struck by lightning. State Farm paid the Ford Dealer almost nine grand to replace a bunch of electronics and it seems fine now.
Update: Sold!

cooper barrett 10-29-2017 03:50 AM

copy of the repars?

Oh, :D:D:D:DI told you so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13164383)
I'm the guy with the F150 that got struck by lightning. State Farm paid the Ford Dealer almost nine grand to replace a bunch of electronics and it *seems* fine now. I already bought a Raptor and don't need it. Anyone want it for $31,000? It's located in Lamoni, IA 50140, right on I35 on the IA/MO border.
2016 4x4 SuperCrew
5.0L V8
6-1/2' bed
Sport Package
Pretty much every option, i think.
21k miles
BDS lift 4" front, 2" rear, upgraded Fox shocks
Fuel Beast wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich KO2 tires. Also has new matching spare wheel.
Revolver X2 bed cover
Swing Case in bed
Bushwacker Paint matched smooth fender flares
Rear fenderwell liners
Raptor running boards
Off the top of my head, the options include:
Heated and cooled leather seats
Stereo with factory subwoofer
Tow package
Dual panel moon roof
Rear power sliding glass
Dual zone automatic climate control
Navigation
Rain sensing wipers
Automatic high/low beams
Rear heated seats
Rear camera
Trailer assist package
Has the pullout step for ready bed entry
I have the window sticker at work too.
The only problem I'm aware of is the tailgate was once lowered on a trailer tongue. Not dented or anything but it is scratched toward the top of it.

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-29-2017 07:28 AM

I sold it the next day. Just glad I don't have to worry about it.

BigRedChief 10-29-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13180683)
I sold it the next day. Just glad I don't have to worry about it.

Sounds like a winning decision. What are you driving these days?

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-29-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13180698)
Sounds like a winning decision. What are you driving these days?

Depending on the day, 02 S10, 18 Raptor, or 17 Z06. Sadly, soon the Z06 will be parked for a few months.

BigRedChief 10-29-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13180702)
Depending on the day, 02 S10, 18 Raptor, or 17 Z06. Sadly, soon the Z06 will be parked for a few months.

Got any pics of the Raptor and Z06?

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-29-2017 08:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13180705)
Got any pics of the Raptor and Z06?

Why not the S10, LOL? Here's a couple pics. I need to get a pic of them together next spring. Actually, what would be awesome would be to get a pic of these two, plus my wife's white Fusion Sport, in front of that flag/barn. Red, white, and blue vehicles!

BigRedChief 10-29-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 13180717)
Why not the S10, LOL? Here's a couple pics. I need to get a pic of them together next spring. Actually, what would be awesome would be to get a pic of these two, plus my wife's white Fusion Sport, in front of that flag/barn. Red, white, and blue vehicles!

I'm a big guy. I've always had to put the seat back to see out the windshield of the car. Now, its more comfortable on the back for the long drives.

When I was looking around for a new sporty car, the Vettes I looked at were like the ones I grew up with. Back goes straight up, doesn't lean back. This version looks like it has some room to put the seat back. True?

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-29-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13180723)
I'm a big guy. I've always had to put the seat back to see out the windshield of the car. Now, its more comfortable on the back for the long drives.

When I was looking around for a new sporty car, the Vettes I looked at were like the ones I grew up with. Back goes straight up, doesn't lean back. This version looks like it has some room to put the seat back. True?

I had a C3 vette a few cars ago and they definitely were made for smaller people. When I got this C7 I was 254 lbs (now at 209) and I'm 6' tall. I've had no issues fitting in the car.

cooper barrett 11-01-2017 08:58 AM

for the **** of it. Enjoy

<iframe width="620" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bJZPnxjiHWA" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

did you think WHB in the 70's?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XDrBH_OekU8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IA_Chiefs_fan 11-10-2017 11:31 PM

Anyone interested in a 5-Head Antilaser Priority system, with external speaker and laser testing remote? I paid $1600 for this and never installed it. I'd like to get $1100.00. I just opened two of the six boxes to look at what's inside. The other four boxes are still sealed in the factory plastic. Please don't ask me technical questions about this "multipurpose parking system". Google is your friend.

ToxSocks 11-16-2017 05:33 PM

Been awhile since i've posted in this, so im giving an update to anyone who cares. If you recall, i showed some pictures of a Twin-Turbo Coyote 5.0 Build we're doing in a '66 Mustang Coupe.

The car was transferred to us by the customer from the shop he started the project with.

A lot of fabrication was already done, however a lot of it wasn't real well thought out for a street car application. The placement of the Turbos didn't allow for any air intake piping, they were placed waaay too close to the floor pans, and the exhaust, turbo piping and rear suspension left little to no ground clearance.

Our goal was to not only make the car run, but fix all the technical issues that would've prevented this car from A. Running, and B. actually being usable on the street.

We completely modified the floor pan, firewall and transmission tunnel. If you recall, we turned to the Frame Rails into actual intake piping, and we've spent a large amount of time making sure everything was tucked under the car nicely.

I big draw back to classic muscle cars with aftermarket parts is that the shit hangs way low. Oil pans hang low, rear suspension trailing arm brackets hang way too low, exhaust even lower etc.

So there's a lot of fabrication involved in making a car appear flat at the bottom.

With that said....

SAUTO 11-16-2017 05:34 PM

Well. .. Im waiting.

ToxSocks 11-16-2017 05:38 PM

We got the car running. Fired up on our first attempt. (These new Coyotes are so easy to make run. A True "Plug 'N Play").

We took it in for a tune and found that the Turbos weren't draining the oil fast enough. In most Turbo applications the pump is mounted below the Turbos. Due to clearance issues and the placement of the Turbos, mounting the pump below the Turbos wasn't feasible.

So, we replaced them with Water Cooled Turbos. Sadly, they're completely ****ing different compared to the originals, which meant we had to re-fabricate damn near all the tubing. Major PIA......

Pics incoming...

ToxSocks 11-16-2017 05:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/zBKYm82.jpg

Here you can see the new turbos, headers and piping. Remember, these Turbos are mounted next to the bellhousing, between the Trans and the Frame Rails.

ToxSocks 11-16-2017 05:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/xe1q8pj.jpg