ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

Back to Back Champ 01-30-2024 11:36 PM

Purdy gonna poo his dippers

He is a little boy who gonna wish he never saw a football after the Superbowl.

MOARGore 01-30-2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17377421)
I don't see a blowout, but having trouble against the AFC would be troubling if I were playing against it's best team in the SB.

Every game is different.

For example, he didn't play that poorly against Cincinnati overall, but he had two really bad picks.

He was:

22-31 (71.0%)
365 yards
11.8 yds/att
1 TD
2 INT
94.2 rtg
6 carries
57 yards
9.5 ypc

He also played without Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel.

For anyone interested, Kurt Warner did a breakdown of the game on YouTube (I can't post the link).

Frazod 01-30-2024 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17377612)
Yup.

Chiefs drafting Mahomes created a dynasty and prevented one somewhere else.

I doubt it. Pat fell into the perfect situation with Reid and a great offense that was only missing one piece. Another team might have started him too soon, or simply been so bad that he couldn't make a difference, or he could have sat behind a starting QB who merely saw him as a threat instead of taking him under his wing as Smith did.

I'm not saying he would have sucked somewhere else, but it would not have been the same.

Back to Back Champ 01-30-2024 11:49 PM

It is not even going to be close

On a fast track, Mahomes is going to run and pass for over 400.

Get on the combined bet of Chiefs to win/Mahomes as Superbowl MVP.

Currently over 4-1

Its like stealing from your bookie

Back to Back Champ 01-31-2024 12:05 AM

Who do we use to stop Chris Jones?

ReynardMuldrake 01-31-2024 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back to Back Champ (Post 17377673)
Who do we use to stop Chris Jones?

Your mask is slipping.

New World Order 01-31-2024 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17377603)
Who knows what happens if Zay doesn't fumble?

But then again, if Dee wasn't offsides...

We win by 3 instead of 7.

I don't think it mattered what the Ravens did, if they did end up scoring in the 4th Pat would score just enough to win.

We could have probably got a TD after the bomb to MVS. There was still 2 minutes on the clock.

KC_Connection 01-31-2024 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17377662)
I doubt it. Pat fell into the perfect situation with Reid and a great offense that was only missing one piece. Another team might have started him too soon, or simply been so bad that he couldn't make a difference, or he could have sat behind a starting QB who merely saw him as a threat instead of taking him under his wing as Smith did.

I'm not saying he would have sucked somewhere else, but it would not have been the same.

It would have taken more time, but he'd have figured it out. Athletes as driven to be the best as this guy always do.

Pepe Silvia 01-31-2024 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17377662)

Especially if he had landed with the Bears. No way he has a Dynasty with them. I don't even think he wins a SB there.

TripleThreat 01-31-2024 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back to Back Champ (Post 17377651)
Purdy gonna poo his dippers

He is a little boy who gonna wish he never saw a football after the Superbowl.

I truly, hopefully, deep down think we are gonna win. And Mahomes winning his 3rd at 28 really makes me so hopeful that he can legitimately have a chance at beating Tom’s bitch ass record of 7 Super Bowl rings. 3 at 28? Yeah no that’s crazy.

That being said, Purdy imo has looked like shit the last 2 games, but……… that wasn’t the case most of the regular season, and he has looked like a solid little bitch when his team needed him most and he needed to close out their playoff games… 1st paragraph im fan boy, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared of this one.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-31-2024 12:36 AM

Tamba belongs in the ring of honor…. The jump George made from his rookie season to this season has been incredible and we can thank Tamba for that. He worked with George directly in the offseason

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talking pass rush!!! <a href="https://t.co/cCxF1zoAo1">pic.twitter.com/cCxF1zoAo1</a></p>&mdash; Tamba Hali (@TambaHali91) <a href="https://twitter.com/TambaHali91/status/1752553303106322488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back to Back Champ 01-31-2024 12:38 AM

Brock Purdy gonna throw at least 2 picks.

Dree Greenlaw gonna throw his helmet and break it.

Fishels 01-31-2024 12:43 AM

Damn that’s beautiful

NinerDoug 01-31-2024 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17377427)
Joe played in a different era and defenses were trying to kill him every play. Todays game is not the same. If he(Purdy) pulls off a couple Championships you can compare that but until he actually does that there's no comparison.

So much missing the point in this discussion, makes one wonder if it’s willful ignorance. Point: Joe is the goat, notwithstanding limited physical tools.

Where’s Trey Lance right now?

Yeah.

NinerDoug 01-31-2024 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17377431)
Are 49er fans concerned at all with their kicker?

He’s missed a field goal in like 3 straight games. Very little exposure on field goals throughout the year.

Seems shaky to me. Especially as a rookie on a big stage.

Of course.

Moody will be gone next season. He can be counted on to miss.