ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL trade watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324629)

SupDock 09-01-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14419334)
That seems rather stupid.

I can't imagine he plays until he is required for this to count as a contract year

Pitt Gorilla 09-01-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14419200)
If traded for, his contract is super cheap....

I’d definitely send them the 49ers 2 for him....or send our 1st and get back a third.

I've been one who wants to develop young guys, but that would be awfully tempting, especially with the Dolphins eating his bonus.

BryanBusby 09-01-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14419356)
I can't imagine he plays until he is required for this to count as a contract year

Just seems weird that a team in the twilight of their QB's run will decide to have a long pissing match with the RB. Just promise to reduce his fines to minimal and to not tag him and get him back in town to make the possibly last big run.

SupDock 09-01-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14419472)
Just seems weird that a team in the twilight of their QB's run will decide to have a long pissing match with the RB. Just promise to reduce his fines to minimal and to not tag him and get him back in town to make the possibly last big run.

By most accounts Gordon. Wanted 13 million and the Chargers didn't want to pay that much. Negotiations stalled so they gave him permission to look for trades, and there were not legitimate offers. He doesn't want to play without the 13million, that's the issue. He will probably hold out until week 6 and then he will really have to report or risk the season not counting toward his contract.

The question is, will he even try to ball out to end the season.

BryanBusby 09-01-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14419501)
By most accounts Gordon. Wanted 13 million and the Chargers didn't want to pay that much. Negotiations stalled so they gave him permission to look for trades, and there were not legitimate offers. He doesn't want to play without the 13million, that's the issue. He will probably hold out until week 6 and then he will really have to report or risk the season not counting toward his contract.

The question is, will he even try to ball out to end the season.

Who knows, but I think there would be some motivation for him to come back and play his ass off if he's promised to hit the open market in 2020. Even if it's at 5 million.

SupDock 09-01-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14419541)
Who knows, but I think there would be some motivation for him to come back and play his ass off if he's promised to hit the open market in 2020. Even if it's at 5 million.

He had that option the entire time, and decided to hold out for a bigger contract. As long as he plays half the season it counts as a contract year and he hits the open market next year.

BryanBusby 09-01-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 14419556)
He had that option the entire time, and decided to hold out for a bigger contract. As long as he plays half the season it counts as a contract year and he hits the open market next year.

That doesn't guarantee the Chargers don't tag him in 2020.

jjchieffan 09-01-2019 03:44 PM

Gordon is dumb. He's not good enough to command a big contract. He hasn't ever left the league in any category. What makes him think that he has leverage here? Also, he had better hope that Bell has a great year. If Bell looks Rusty and/or gets injured, teams will be even more unwilling to pay a guy who sat out a year. Hurley hasn't been the same since he got paid. If Bell fails to produce too, that may put an end to huge second contracts for running backs. I know that I don't want to see the Chiefs pay a big contract for a running back. Let him walk and plug in the next guy. Let the team that signs him regret it.

Halfcan 09-01-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14419087)
@AdamHBeasley: The great @davehydesports today raises the prospect of the Dolphins trading Xavien. According to OTC, they could do so with just a $7.7M cap hit, and the haul they would get in return would be insane. The team dealing for him would get a top corner at a well-below market rate.

He would look great in Red.

Do it Veech!!

SupDock 09-01-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14419565)
That doesn't guarantee the Chargers don't tag him in 2020.

They could, but they will have to pay him, which they don't want to do

FAX 09-01-2019 03:53 PM

I would just like to say that I feel a bit awkward watching these other teams flail about while trying to cobble together a competitive team. I mean I don't care because, maybe for the first time ever, the Chiefs are basically set for the next decade or longer.

It's a strange feeling.

I like it, though.

FAX

Mecca 09-01-2019 03:58 PM

So Houston cut Matt Khalil might not be bad option as a backup with some upside.

RunKC 09-01-2019 04:04 PM

Just heard on NFLN that Ian Rapoport said that certain contending teams are calling around looking for player swaps or draft pick trades to fill a need.

Mentioned us, Rams and Eagles.

Veach is trying to find a corner. I’m wondering which player might be on the block.

Cam Erving seems like the most likely candidate IMO.

Mecca 09-01-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14419609)
Just heard on NFLN that Ian Rapoport said that certain contending teams are calling around looking for player swaps or draft pick trades to fill a need.

Mentioned us, Rams and Eagles.

Veach is trying to find a corner. I’m wondering which player might be on the block.

Cam Erving seems like the most likely candidate IMO.

For anyone worth a shit it's gonna take picks, otherwise it will be guys at the end of the roster like a O'Daniel or Lucas, guys like that could be easily in flux.

O.city 09-01-2019 05:25 PM

The Vikings cap still looks pretty bad so I wonder if you could get them to swap you a corner