ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

DaNewGuy 08-14-2015 08:20 PM

Hopefully you get outta there Monday, keep us updated as usual and I'm thinking about you man, as everyone else said your a Viking you got this:thumb:

Lonewolf Ed 08-14-2015 11:17 PM

I started the gameday thread at midnight and hope it is a good one. I walked around the hospital wing 4 times today and it was rough the first 3 since I was able to use the toilet today and it hurt my abdomen to sit on it and also getting up. I had shooting, searing pains across my abdomen several times as I slowly plodded forward using a walker. I never came close to falling, but my knees did buckle a bit with the pain. The last walk I took went much more smoothly and I only had a few twinges, not very severe. Getting in and out of the bed is still a harsh ordeal but I am sleepy now so after one more trip to the can, I will go to bed.

patteeu 08-15-2015 07:51 AM

Have you been able to pass gas yet? I think that's the worst part of the recovery from abdominal surgery.

Lonewolf Ed 08-15-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 11660958)
Have you been able to pass gas yet? I think that's the worst part of the recovery from abdominal surgery.

I knew someone would ask that! I started yesterday a bit after 6 am, but the second one was more than I bargained for. I got a fresh gown and beddding afterwards, though. It hurt sitting down and getting off the can until I discovered if I leaned forward so my knees were past my feet, it hurt less getting up.

The doc came in this morning to check me out and said he would consult with the surgeon doctor who is the head of my team about releasing me today. I'm surprised at that since they were just hacking and slicing on me 3 days ago.

BigMeatballDave 08-15-2015 07:59 AM

Hope you're doing well, Ed!

Wait a second. Of course you're well. You're a ****ing Viking! :D

One day we'll be cured of this junk! I will drive my fat ass to Kansas and have a drink with you!

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2015 08:02 AM

Keep fighting, gents!

Lonewolf Ed 08-15-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11660965)
Hope you're doing well, Ed!

Wait a second. Of course you're well. You're a ****ing Viking! :D

One day we'll be cured of this junk! I will drive my fat ass to Kansas and have a drink with you!

That sounds terrific!

GloryDayz 08-15-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11660969)
Keep fighting, gents!

This. Tag team cancer guys!

Lonewolf Ed 08-16-2015 10:15 AM

I am being released today, but don't know when yet, though. I ordered a late breakfast since I know it won't be in the next hour or two. Experience has shown me that.

Bwana 08-16-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 11663302)
I am being released today, but don't know when yet, though. I ordered a late breakfast since I know it won't be in the next hour or two. Experience has shown me that.

Good news Ed and thanks for the game mojo last night. :thumb:

srvy 08-16-2015 10:24 AM

A day earlier than expected is very good news. Bad news its a Sunday so most likely the Doc will come around after his round of golf.

Lonewolf Ed 08-16-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11663307)
A day earlier than expected is very good news. Bad news its a Sunday so most likely the Doc will come around after his round of golf.

I actually had a doc come in and see me around 9 am this morning and he said there was no reason to keep me here. I asked if I can shower without protecting my incisions and he said it's fine as is. I've got staples in my gut and will have to come back in 2 weeks to have them removed. Can't I just go to Office Max or some such place instead?

srvy 08-16-2015 10:40 AM

One of these?

https://epay.hawaii.edu/C24372_ustor...pleRemover.jpg

Mother****erJones 08-16-2015 10:40 AM

You're a ****ing BOSS ED!! Keep fighting bud

BoneKrusher 08-16-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11663320)
You're a ****ing BOSS ED!! Keep fighting bud

What he said. (God Bless You) :thumb: