ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338788)

RunKC 07-15-2021 10:54 AM

Just saw his arraignment was moved to October 4th. I don’t think he’s going to deal with any charges until after the season when we cut him.

It would be sweet if he played this year, then gave us a way to completely void his contract so we could have all of his money and not have to pay him dead money the remaining 2 years

htismaqe 07-15-2021 11:17 AM

So to clear it up, the March 14th arrest was scheduled to be arraigned yesterday. It got delayed to October 4th.

The 2nd arrest is still due to be arraigned on October 18th according the NFL.com. Although, that will likely change because I highly doubt they have them that close together but who knows.

As for his contract, obviously any guilty plea would potentially void his guarantees.

If the commissioner puts him on the exempt list, the Chiefs do not get any salary relief. He gets paid as long as he's on there, however the Chiefs get his roster spot back to sign someone else.

BigRedChief 07-15-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15741708)
I was going to say the same thing. An Uzi that didn't jump the second it was shot? Never seen one in my life. They're awful.

I've never owned a gun in my life. It was 35 years ago. So, not exactly an expert opinion here. Didn't seen to jump around that much when I shot it. Just my experience from way back when.

duncan_idaho 07-15-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15741753)
So to clear it up, the March 14th arrest was scheduled to be arraigned yesterday. It got delayed to October 4th.

The 2nd arrest is still due to be arraigned on October 18th according the NFL.com. Although, that will likely change because I highly doubt they have them that close together but who knows.

As for his contract, obviously any guilty plea would potentially void his guarantees.

If the commissioner puts him on the exempt list, the Chiefs do not get any salary relief. He gets paid as long as he's on there, however the Chiefs get his roster spot back to sign someone else.

I thought I had seen that the exempt list tag also voids the guarantee on Clark's salary. But I can't find it now and maybe I confused that with suspension. I'm positive if he is suspended, his salary guarantee voids.

htismaqe 07-15-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15741780)
I've never owned a gun in my life. It was 35 years ago. So, not exactly an expert opinion here. Didn't seen to jump around that much when I shot it. Just my experience from way back when.

I've seen a couple of Uzi's up close and seen them fired. Hold the trigger down a millisecond too long you're shooting straight up in the air. I mean, not only did they have significant barrel rise, they have some of the worst barrel rise of any gun I've ever seen. That's why I commented in the first place.

htismaqe 07-15-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15741782)
I thought I had seen that the exempt list tag also voids the guarantee on Clark's salary. But I can't find it now and maybe I confused that with suspension. I'm positive if he is suspended, his salary guarantee voids.

https://www.nfl.com/news/what-is-the...p3000000725141

Quote:

While on the list, Brown cannot practice or attend games, and is allowed at the Giants' facility for meetings, individual workouts, therapy and rehabilitation and other permitted non-football activities if permitted by the franchise. Brown will continue to receive his normal salary and will be eligible for all the benefits he qualifies for under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The player is treated like they're on the active roster in terms of getting paid.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...rs-exempt-list

htismaqe 07-15-2021 11:51 AM

This might be a better article. It draws a clear line between being on the exempt list ("exempt" by the way means specifically exempt from a team's roster limit) and being suspended.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/deandr...s-exempt-list/

Quote:

A team cannot put a player on the Exempt List — only the commissioner can do it. A player on the Exempt List receives his full salary and cannot attend games or practices but is allowed at the team facility, if the team permits it. Usually, a player on the Exempt List stays away.
Quote:

At some point, if Baker’s legal troubles prevent him from playing, the Giants have avenues to recoup money. If Baker is suspended by the NFL, the Giants should be able to get out of the remaining guaranteed money on his contract (about $3 million) if Baker enters a guilty plea, according to an agent who has negotiated multiple contracts with the Giants.

The Giants might also be able to get back some of the signing bonus already paid to Baker.
The exempt list is essentially an air gap in the system between active players who aren't in trouble and suspended players, who are in trouble. It can be used for players who MIGHT be in trouble, allowing the team to get another warm body in there without condemning the player before everything plays out.

duncan_idaho 07-15-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15741795)
This might be a better article. It draws a clear line between being on the exempt list ("exempt" by the way means specifically exempt from a team's roster limit) and being suspended.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/deandr...s-exempt-list/

The exempt list is essentially an air gap in the system between active players who aren't in trouble and suspended players, who are in trouble. It can be used for players who MIGHT be in trouble, allowing the team to get another warm body in there without condemning the player before everything plays out.

Right. I must have been thinking about the suspension clause.

Wouldn't surprise me if some contracts have a policy in them that allows voiding based on the exempt list, though.

poolboy 07-15-2021 02:48 PM

Frank has to have some kind of conduct clause in his contract regarding felony arrests

Chief Roundup 07-15-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 15742104)
Frank has to have some kind of conduct clause in his contract regarding felony arrests

It is not in his contract. The NFL put it in the CBA so that it is in EVERY NFL contract.

In58men 07-23-2021 01:06 PM

Reid on Frank Clark's two arrests: He's spoken with him, but won't get into details. "Frank will be here and we'll go forward with that." Will report with veterans as planned

Bowser 07-23-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15752255)
Reid on Frank Clark's two arrests: He's spoken with him, but won't get into details. "Frank will be here and we'll go forward with that." Will report with veterans as planned

The hearing move to October 14th is what saved this season for Clark.

Halfcan 07-23-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15752255)

Yep, it sounds like Frank will play all games this year. :clap:

TribalElder 07-23-2021 08:03 PM

will he be at camp soon or what

Halfcan 07-23-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15752882)
will he be at camp soon or what

Monday- and he will be strapped.

Locked and Loaded!