ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV MCU Meta Discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323939)

Mosbonian 12-07-2021 09:33 PM

Gotta say there are a lot of Marvel cynics in here....are they really that bad for everyone?

The What If series is the only one I scratch my head at. The rest have been what I would have expected...entertaining but nothing blockbuster.

DaFace 12-07-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 15997784)
Gotta say there are a lot of Marvel cynics in here....are they really that bad for everyone?

The What If series is the only one I scratch my head at. The rest have been what I would have expected...entertaining but nothing blockbuster.

I'm still a big fan. I just don't have as much to talk about when we're largely in exposition territory rather than the point where we're discussing theories and predictions about where they're going.

Bowser 12-08-2021 08:41 AM

The What If? show served a second purpose as well - it introduced the thought of different universes with the same characters after Loki showed how the multiverse had fractured and was beginning to overlap. No Way Home is going to take all that buildup and apply it into a story that will shape the MCU going forward. IMHO, of course.

Direckshun 12-08-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15997813)
I'm still a big fan. I just don't have as much to talk about when we're largely in exposition territory rather than the point where we're discussing theories and predictions about where they're going.

The Phase 2-3 movies were always fun (in addition to them being very good movies) because they always dropped nuggets in them to tease for future episodes. Phase 1, really, was just about them establishing characters.

Phase... whatever we're in right now seems to be a return to Phase 1. We're getting Shang Chi, we're getting the Eternals, we're getting introduced to all kinds of characters and building worlds around them before we start to cross it all over, I think. That does mean these movies are more straightforward, like they were in Phase 1.

Just a theory.

Spoiler!

Direckshun 12-10-2021 10:37 AM

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 12-10-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16000972)

Not sure if anyone else cares, but could we identify what these spoilers are about when posting them - maybe just something "Hawkeye Spoiler".

There are certain spoilers I don't really mind reading - things like the future of the MCU. Other ones like this one on a show I'm watching I don't want to read.

Just a request.

Direckshun 12-10-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 16001077)
Not sure if anyone else cares, but could we identify what these spoilers are about when posting them - maybe just something "Hawkeye Spoiler".

There are certain spoilers I don't really mind reading - things like the future of the MCU. Other ones like this one on a show I'm watching I don't want to read.

Just a request.

That's reasonable. I'll do what I can going forward.

Mr. Plow 12-10-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16001101)
That's reasonable. I'll do what I can going forward.

Thanks man.

Direckshun 12-11-2021 12:41 AM

Rumors circulating that Letitia Wright (Shuri) is trying to get out of the MCU asap.

Largely due to her refusal to vaccinate, though the injuries she’s sustained seem to be more serious than initially believed/reported.

Honestly? Fine. Recast her.

Her role is invaluable to the MCU. Just recast her.

Zazie Beetz is a perfect fit for the MCU anyway.

Direckshun 12-11-2021 10:47 AM

Hawkeye theory.

Spoiler!

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-11-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16001841)
Rumors circulating that Letitia Wright (Shuri) is trying to get out of the MCU asap.

Largely due to her refusal to vaccinate, though the injuries she’s sustained seem to be more serious than initially believed/reported.

Honestly? Fine. Recast her.

Her role is invaluable to the MCU. Just recast her.

Zazie Beetz is a perfect fit for the MCU anyway.

Her stance is real heroism.

Take notes, Evans.

Jamie 12-11-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16002054)
Hawkeye theory.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Valiant 12-12-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15905709)
Yes, Disney owns Hulu and may be absorbed by Disney+ in the future

Disney didn't want mature titles on Disney plus. So all adult mcu goes on Hulu.

Bowser 12-16-2021 09:33 AM

Didn't see the last ten seconds of that episode coming, like at all. Perfect timing with No Way Home kicking off today. Genuinely stoked.

Fish 12-16-2021 12:26 PM

Yeah, very interdasting with the bad guy mastermind....

A few nitpicky issues though..

Spoiler!