ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316387)

CasselGotPeedOn 07-29-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 13649681)
Manning went 10-6 3x, 12-4 2x, 13-3 2x & 14-2 1x when throwing over 15 INTs in a season. A 3-13 rookie year and 6-10 in his 4th year being the outliers. His lowest INT mark in a season was 9, every other season was 10+.

Don't even bother with that Smith loving reerun.

RealSNR 07-29-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13649682)
Well. It’s over. Fun while it lasted.

Threw a pick in camp. Let’s cut him, and trade for Bradford, and win a championship with a great run game and all time defense.

I'll get Steve Bono on the phone.

tk13 07-29-2018 11:46 PM

I'm hopeful that Mahomes is going to be better at protecting the ball than everyone thinks he is. I also think Reid will put him in good positions to protect him.

But I don't think it's great if the QB throws a bunch of INTs. The really great QBs don't do that. Tom Brady, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, they protect the football. Manning won a Super Bowl while leading the league in INTs but he also had an all-time defense that carried the team. That's not what we're hoping to see here.

RealSNR 07-29-2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13649798)
I'm hopeful that Mahomes is going to be better at protecting the ball than everyone thinks he is. I also think Reid will put him in good positions to protect him.

But I don't think it's great if the QB throws a bunch of INTs. The really great QBs don't do that. Tom Brady, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, they protect the football. Manning won a Super Bowl while leading the league in INTs but he also had an all-time defense that carried the team. That's not what we're hoping to see here.

In his last year at Texas Tech, Mahomes played from behind CONSTANTLY. He ended the year with a whopping 591 attempts, completing 65.7% of them, and he only threw 10 INTs through that entire ordeal.

You try giving an NFL QB that task with that defense. I'm not sure many of them could come out as unscathed in the INT department as Mahomes did.

Pat is going to be ****ing fine. He's not a pick machine.

MoreBeer 07-30-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13649799)
In his last year at Texas Tech, Mahomes played from behind CONSTANTLY. He ended the year with a whopping 591 attempts, completing 65.7% of them, and he only threw 10 INTs through that entire ordeal.

You try giving an NFL QB that task with that defense. I'm not sure many of them could come out as unscathed in the INT department as Mahomes did.

Pat is going to be ****ing fine. He's not a pick machine.

Did you just seriously compare the Big 12 to the NFL?

Buckweath 07-30-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13649798)

Look up Brett Favre's INTs totals by season.

Eventually, Mahomes might manage to throw just around 10 INTs per season but this season, I definitly expect around 15 INTs but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a great season.

If he throws 20 INTs then I will have a problem. But then, Favre had multiple 20+ INT season in his career.

RunKC 07-30-2018 07:26 AM

Seasons with 15 or more INT’s:

Brees-8
Manning-9

Andrew Luck has 68 INT's in 70 games. DeShaun Watson was on pace to have 17 last year.

Throw the ball more downfield and that is what will happen.

mcaj22 07-30-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13649890)
Seasons with 15 or more INT’s:

Brees-8
Manning-9

Andrew Luck has 68 INT's in 70 games. DeShaun Watson was on pace to have 17 last year.

Throw the ball more downfield and that is what will happen.

Jimmy GQ has a high interception rate too on his small sample size everyone hypes.

MVChiefFan 07-30-2018 07:37 AM

I mean, what do we want? Captain Checkdown didn’t throw interceptions because he played EVERYTHING safe. If we want someone who will actually push the offense and get big plays, it’s really apples to oranges. With a gunslinger attitude comes some interceptions, it is what it is. If Pat has the mentality and playmaking ability of Aaron Rodgers, the touchdown throwing capabilities of Drew Brees, and the low turnover rate of Alex Smith, we’ll be looking at the greatest professional athlete in the history of sports. That would be amazing, but it’s not a realistic expectation. If Mahomes is everything we hope he will be, 15+ interceptions won’t even be a concern in our minds ten years from now.

CrowbarMan 07-30-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 13649681)
Manning went 10-6 3x, 12-4 2x, 13-3 2x & 14-2 1x when throwing over 15 INTs in a season. A 3-13 rookie year and 6-10 in his 4th year being the outliers. His lowest INT mark in a season was 9, every other season was 10+.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to next season. It's all about managing most of your unrealistic expectations. Doesn't mean this year won't be fun but a belief that he will suddenly dominate the division is unrealistic. As you've pointed out, the greats took over a year to get it togrther, even after sitting.

And I don't know what people keep talking about Luck - he's done nothing and is one year away from being let go by the Colts.

TambaBerry 07-30-2018 07:44 AM

Brett Favre who he is being most compared to threw 508 touchdowns and 336 interceptions in his career.

MVChiefFan 07-30-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13649918)
Brett Favre who he is being most compared to threw 508 touchdowns and 336 interceptions in his career.

And most of us would take Favre over Alex Smith everyday of the week. I know I would!

Pablo 07-30-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13649921)
And most of us would take Favre over Alex Smith everyday of the week. I know I would!

Too risky.

MVChiefFan 07-30-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13649923)
Too risky.

Good point. :D

Marcellus 07-30-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13649677)
Yep. And Manning and Rodgers both had losing seasons when they did it too.

Manning and Rodgers both played on shit teams devoid of talent early in their careers.

Manning was the overall #1 pick because the Colts sucked ass the year before.

If you want to look at a first year starter on a decent team look at Phillip Rivers.