ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

RealSNR 03-26-2017 10:33 AM

The fatties continue to come off the board. In the 2nd round, Minnesota got a pretty good guy to take over for the undoubtedly shitty Riley Reiff, whenever he decides to blow goats at RT, but in the mean time, Minnesota got themselves a pretty damn good RG. Now they fill the left side.

Minnesota needs some draft hits. They've had few in the upper rounds in recent years. They know this guy's brother damn well and really like him. They absolutely want more of the same.

Sac smiles upon the state of Minnesota on this day.

The Minnesota Vikings select Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah

RealSNR 03-26-2017 10:34 AM

The stupid ****ing rat ****ing pig ****ing dumb**** lucky shithead Indianapolis Colts have been PMd

Direckshun 03-26-2017 11:32 AM

Half the draft in a week. That's pretty solid, folks.

CleveSteve 03-26-2017 11:36 AM

Direckshun, do you even math?

Sfeihc 03-26-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12798446)
The fatties continue to come off the board. In the 2nd round, Minnesota got a pretty good guy to take over for the undoubtedly shitty Riley Reiff, whenever he decides to blow goats at RT, but in the mean time, Minnesota got themselves a pretty damn good RG. Now they fill the left side.

Minnesota needs some draft hits. They've had few in the upper rounds in recent years. They know this guy's brother damn well and really like him. They absolutely want more of the same.

Sac smiles upon the state of Minnesota on this day.

The Minnesota Vikings select Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah

I thought no way he takes another G for Minny. SMH.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Direckshun 03-26-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12798476)
Direckshun, do you even math?

Oh I guess we've done 2.5 rounds, not 3.5.

My bad.

CleveSteve 03-26-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12798487)
Oh I guess we've done 2.5 rounds, not 3.5.

My bad.

79 / 253 picks... less than a third, lol

CleveSteve 03-26-2017 01:02 PM

Ok guys I have cafan' Tennessee list, so DJLN please PM me when you pick and I will send in the next two players

RealSNR 03-26-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 12798483)
I thought no way he takes another G for Minny. SMH.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Minnesota's OL is a complete ****ing dumpster fire, and the Sam Bradford trade ****ed them over completely. They had a pretty good backup QB in Shaun Hill, and now they've "upgraded" to a sucky starter while wiping out their 1st round pick. Oh, yeah, and they owe him money, too.

I don't regret either of my picks one bit. They just weren't going to find immediate starters after this round. Had to take them now. Meanwhile, there will still be starter-quality LBs and decent depth at WR and secondary positions later in this round and into the 4th. The Vikings are set up pretty well if they replicate what I'm doing here for them.

RealSNR 03-26-2017 01:13 PM

11 compensatory 3rd round picks were awarded this year

I think it's time for the NFL to adjust the contract brackets that determine comp picks. It shouldn't be this easy for a team to earn a comp 3rd rounder.

Rain Man 03-26-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12798596)
11 compensatory 3rd round picks were awarded this year

I think it's time for the NFL to adjust the contract brackets that determine comp picks. It shouldn't be this easy for a team to earn a comp 3rd rounder.

I've always found this system odd. When you think about it, it helps the more powerful teams against the weaker teams, because they're more likely to lose players. I thought that parity was a league goal, and this works against it.

RealSNR 03-26-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12798627)
I've always found this system odd. When you think about it, it helps the more powerful teams against the weaker teams, because they're more likely to lose players. I thought that parity was a league goal, and this works against it.

I don't know if it necessarily favors powerful teams, but it does favor certain types of teams.

The Browns could easily use this system to their advantage. They've been terrible for a long time, so they often see a lot of players leave them just because those guys want to get the **** out. At the same time, they struggle to attract the high quality free agents because they suck. It makes total sense to just **** the market, only spend money on your own guys you want to keep, and not try to fill in gaps with free agents that will lose you those extra picks. Eventually, even if you're Cleveland, you'll probably hit on enough of them to generate a competitive team.

That's not exactly what they do, though. They're constantly going out and trying to use free agency to their advantage, under the illusion that they can get out of this mess by filling in the big games with mediocre veterans and assemble some kind of team that will eventually be good enough to crack the playoffs.

That being said, it would be interesting if the league took away the comp picks. We'd see a lot more balance when it comes to the structures of teams, and it would be better for getting players to stick around the league longer instead of running out their rookie deals and then getting dragged by the dick because they're too expensive. Why pay solid important contributor when you can let him walk and find another one with the extra 5th rounder you'll get next year?

CleveSteve 03-26-2017 02:06 PM

SNR for a long time the browns had that problem. They had been awarded the fewest comp pick of any franchise. They have been awarded 4 each of the last two seasons though under the current management. I don't expect any next season as they signed Zeitler, Tretter, and Britt this offseason.

RealSNR 03-26-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12798687)
SNR for a long time the browns had that problem. They had been awarded the fewest comp pick of any franchise. They have been awarded 4 each of the last two seasons though under the current management. I don't expect any next season as they signed Zeitler, Tretter, and Britt this offseason.

That's great to hear. Hope it works out for them. I ****ing hate Pittsburgh, Baltimore is boring, and I'm getting really sick of being forced to think Cincinnati is a good team. The Browns are the rightful masters of that division, and I look forward to the day they escape from that magic prison they were sealed in by the evil sorcerer and restore peace and glory to the AFC North by shitting in Pittsburgh's mouth

CleveSteve 03-26-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12798697)
That's great to hear. Hope it works out for them. I ****ing hate Pittsburgh, Baltimore is boring, and I'm getting really sick of being forced to think Cincinnati is a good team. The Browns are the rightful masters of that division, and I look forward to the day they escape from that magic prison they were sealed in by the evil sorcerer and restore peace and glory to the AFC North by shitting in Pittsburgh's mouth

Amen.