ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352059)

philfree 01-30-2024 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 17377346)
How would you compare Brock Purdy's physical limitations with Joe Montana's physical limitations?

Did Joe's rocket arm and bionic legs get him four Lombardis? Or could it have been something else.

Comparing Purdy to Montana :drool:

SHOWTIME 01-30-2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 17377346)
How would you compare Brock Purdy's physical limitations with Joe Montana's physical limitations?

Did Joe's rocket arm and bionic legs get him four Lombardis? Or could it have been something else.

Montana had Bill Walsh. Purdy has Shanahan.

Can’t wait to see 6’6 Chris Jones knock down multiple passes from 6’1 Purdy. Pursy better learn to throw sidearm.

suzzer99 01-30-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 17377009)
2020 - the year of covid too

So basically a global pandemic is going to hit a few weeks after we win the Super Bowl. Sweet.

I often wonder if Covid had hit the US a month earlier, would they have just canceled the Super Bowl like they did March Madness? Because that would have been the ultimate Because Chiefs of all time. Thankfully the pandemic waited out of respect to Mahomes.

anaheimkcfan 01-30-2024 06:41 PM

does this niner team make the super bowl starting from the chiefs' 3rd seed position in the afc? purdy is a great qb for the shanahan system in the nfc but i dont think he moves the needle THAT much. jimmy grapes with added mobility

Back to Back Champ 01-30-2024 06:42 PM

Lets face it, Brock Purdy is excedingly lucky to get this far.

he hasnt been tested yet.

Mahomes is the GOAT or at least in the discussion

49er fans gonna be bleeding

30 years, no Superbowl wins and counting.

Detroit Lions getting better, Green Bay Packers getting better

Trent Willaims getting older

49ers may not make it back to the Superbowl for many years.

30 years of no Superbowl wins and counting.

A generation of 49ers fans have not seen a Superbowl win.

30 years, 40 years, 50 years, 60 years, a lifetime.

time is ticking on the 49ers

and time moves very quickly for losing franchises.

ptlyon 01-30-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17377367)
So basically a global pandemic is going to hit a few weeks after we win the Super Bowl. Sweet.

I just remember because we won the SB for the first time in my lifetime, I turned 50 a couple of hours later, then the world turned to shit. Oh and we won $1750 in a SB pool.

wachashi 01-30-2024 06:50 PM

Purdy hasn’t looked very good at home against two pretty poor defenses this postseason. He did just enough in both games and the Niners needed big breaks in both of them.

DRM08 01-30-2024 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back to Back Champ (Post 17377372)
Lets face it, Brock Purdy is exceedingly lucky to get this far. Purdy has not been tested yet.

I would say Green Bay and Detroit both provided a pretty strong test. Purdy did a great job late in the game to lead his team on some clutch drives when they needed to get the job done.

siberian khatru 01-30-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17377367)

I often wonder if Covid had hit the US a month earlier, would they have just canceled the Super Bowl like they did March Madness? Because that would have been the ultimate Because Chiefs of all time. Thankfully the pandemic waited out of respect to Mahomes.

Also the Chiefs winning supposedly saved lives. Because Covid started on the West Coast, had the Niners won and had their victory parade with large crowds, more people would’ve become infected.

So you’re welcome, America.

tredadda 01-30-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 17377276)
Spot on.

I don't count the NFCCG last year, as he was knocked out EARLY in the Niners first possession.

He's undefeated in the playoffs.

In addition to his stellar regular season record.

Brock doesn't have the arm or the height. He's got something much more important. The brain.

Your last great QB before Mahomes was a third round pick, not anything close to a rocket arm. He had the mind.

Like Brock. I'd say the kid is going places, but for all intents and purposes, he's already there.

Easy to be undefeated in the playoffs when his opponents are NFC teams. Of his five losses, three were against good AFC teams. Makes me think of the Eagles last year where Hurts and the Eagles feasted on the easier NFC only to get beat when facing a real team from the AFC.

493rd 01-30-2024 06:54 PM

49ers are a good football team with some really good players on both sides of the ball. Probably end up a close one-score game and hopefully the Chiefs come out on top. Purdy is riding high after their comeback last week and it would be a mistake to dismiss him in this one.

tredadda 01-30-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17377383)
I would say Green Bay and Detroit both provided a pretty strong test. Purdy did a great job late in the game to lead his team on some clutch drives when they needed to get the job done.

Had the GB kicker made a 41 yard FG or had Detroit kicked one FG vs going for it on 4th down, we are not even discussing Purdy and the Niners. Props to Purdy for leading them back though.

DRM08 01-30-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17377394)
Had the GB kicker made a 41 yard FG or had Detroit kicked one FG vs going for it on 4th down, we are not even discussing Purdy and the Niners. Props to Purdy for leading them back though.

Football history is loaded with those kind of “what if” scenarios. Tom Brady has at least 3 rings like that. Pete Carroll on the goal line. Dee Ford offsides. Brady’s fumble bailout via the Tuck Rule which only existed from 1999-2013.

SHOWTIME 01-30-2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17377398)
Football history is loaded with those kind of “what if” scenarios. Tom Brady has at least 3 rings like that. Pete Carroll on the goal line. Dee Ford offsides. Brady’s fumble bailout via the Tuck Rule which only existed from 1999-2013.

Don’t forget the Carolina kicker kicking the ball out of bounds or Shanhan electing to throw when he’s in FB range…

NinerDoug 01-30-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17377363)
Comparing Purdy to Montana :drool:

Right. So you think Joe did ok without being superhuman, but for some reason, even though he's demonstrated he's got it, so far, Brock can't.

Because?