ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352871)

Discuss Thrower 04-02-2024 04:37 PM

Comparing the airport to the stadium vote isn't accurate.

There were obvious problems with MCI. So far, the issues with the new terminal haven't demonstrated a clear downgrade in the old ones. No, you can't roll up to security thirty minutes before boarding and be assured of making your flight. But it's not close to the level of Denver's lag time between arriving, checking in, TSA harassment and getting to your gate.

There hasn't been a clear structural problem with Kauffman like old MCI. It's replacement with a downtown facility is a negative for people who like the ability to park their and walk into the stadium in < 15 minutes. Strike one, so to speak. Second, it's a money grab for ownership in shrinking the capacity per game while maximizing new luxury boxes *AND* the real estate speculation of owning county-paid development of mixed use residential / commercial development. The airport, in spite of its touted upgraded amenities, serves a wider public good of facilitating air travel. Strike two.

wazu 04-02-2024 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17467873)
Comparing the airport to the stadium vote isn't accurate.

There were obvious problems with MCI. So far, the issues with the new terminal haven't demonstrated a clear downgrade in the old ones. No, you can't roll up to security thirty minutes before boarding and be assured of making your flight. But it's not close to the level of Denver's lag time between arriving, checking in, TSA harassment and getting to your gate.

There hasn't been a clear structural problem with Kauffman like old MCI. It's replacement with a downtown facility is a negative for people who like the ability to park their and walk into the stadium in < 15 minutes. Strike one, so to speak. Second, it's a money grab for ownership in shrinking the capacity per game while maximizing new luxury boxes *AND* the real estate speculation of owning county-paid development of mixed use residential / commercial development. The airport, in spite of its touted upgraded amenities, serves a wider public good of facilitating air travel. Strike two.

It gives us Arrowhead for another 25+ years. Home run.

tredadda 04-02-2024 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17467463)
I'm not versed in what's going on with ya'lls stadium situation, but everything i've read so far is exactly like the situation in San Diego.

And the same arguments Mecca and Zach are making were also made here.

"We don't want to give money to billionaires".

You're focused on the wrong thing. Your tax money is going to billionaires regardless. This isn't about saving you tax money, fools. This is about which special project GETS your tax money.

You can bet your ass you will be paying that tax in something else.

In San Diego, politicians and non-sports fans aligned to lead the public to believe that the hotel tax that the Chargers wanted to fund the stadium was about billioniares.

That was a lie. It was about ANOTHER project those politicians wanted to fund. The Convention Center remodel.

In the end, San Diego said "No" to using that hotel tax to build a stadium. The Chargers left.

Later, the city approved a new hotel tax to fund the remodel of the Convention Center as they wanted to invest in keeping Comic-Con in town. New pedestrian bridges that no one wanted etc.

And you know what happened after that? Covid hit. And Comic-Con was basically canceled and reduced to a shell of its former self.

Take a ****ing history lesson, before you're doomed to repeat it.

Quit the bullshit, it's not about billionaires. It's about which special project you WILL eventually be paying for.

San Diego fans can at least still go to the beach and enjoy perfect weather. KC??????????

mr. tegu 04-02-2024 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 17467861)
Voted yes, really hope the royals don’t end up in KCK

Don’t worry it would be Overland Park.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 04:49 PM

Just voted No. Not many people there which is good

Discuss Thrower 04-02-2024 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17467875)
It gives us Arrowhead for another 25+ years. Home run.

It's a lot less likely the Chiefs leave the metro vs Royals.

The one downside to the Chiefs relocating to Kansas is that they'll probably rename the team in order to take advantage of a total rebrand for the political points it would score and maximizing new merchandise sales.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17467867)
You aren't looking at the big picture though and just direct costs. I guarantee you visitors have a much favorable opinion of KC than they did decades ago in the 80s and 90s. That gets ppl to decide to visit, pursue careers here, spend money at other adjacent businesses when there are events. Its an entertainment district that is also a marketing concept to show off Kansas City to the world. It has been a huge success for KCs image overall. A small price to pay for such benefit.

"Ignore the costs and forgot every year millions from your general funds are being taken out to subsidize a billionaire from the east cost. Sure your roads are crumbling, your public schools are failing, and there's high crime but just think about the hillbilly in BFE who thinks favorably of your city now"

doomy3 04-02-2024 04:57 PM

Voted yes today.

tk13 04-02-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17467463)
I'm not versed in what's going on with ya'lls stadium situation, but everything i've read so far is exactly like the situation in San Diego.

And the same arguments Mecca and Zach are making were also made here.

"We don't want to give money to billionaires".

You're focused on the wrong thing. Your tax money is going to billionaires regardless. This isn't about saving you tax money, fools. This is about which special project GETS your tax money.

You can bet your ass you will be paying that tax in something else.

In San Diego, politicians and non-sports fans aligned to lead the public to believe that the hotel tax that the Chargers wanted to fund the stadium was about billioniares.

That was a lie. It was about ANOTHER project those politicians wanted to fund. The Convention Center remodel.

In the end, San Diego said "No" to using that hotel tax to build a stadium. The Chargers left.

Later, the city approved a new hotel tax to fund the remodel of the Convention Center as they wanted to invest in keeping Comic-Con in town. New pedestrian bridges that no one wanted etc.

And you know what happened after that? Covid hit. And Comic-Con was basically canceled and reduced to a shell of its former self.

Take a ****ing history lesson, before you're doomed to repeat it.

Quit the bullshit, it's not about billionaires. It's about which special project you WILL eventually be paying for.

I don't know about something else but if this fails I'd believe 1000% there will be some other tax put into place to make up for all the lost tax revenue. That's the catch with these things, sports teams hold all the cards. You aren't going to win. It's especially true for the Royals and Chiefs because they can move across state lines and use that as leverage. The teams move and it will cost Missouri and Jackson County quite a bit of tax revenue from fans, visitors, and of course players who pay tax on every game played in KC. Maybe it will be another project, but they will have to make up the tax revenue somehow.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17467921)
I don't know about something else but if this fails I'd believe 1000% there will be some other tax put into place to make up for all the lost tax revenue. That's the catch with these things, sports teams hold all the cards. You aren't going to win. It's especially true for the Royals and Chiefs because they can move across state lines and use that as leverage. The teams move and it will cost Missouri and Jackson County quite a bit of tax revenue from fans, visitors, and of course players who pay tax on every game played in KC. Maybe it will be another project, but they will have to make up the tax revenue somehow.

This.

But the No voters will have their momentary victory of not voting for a “tax increase”… even though today’s vote is not “increasing” taxes, rather just continuing the existing 3/8-cent sales tax.

And ironically their motivation to supposedly avoid increasing taxes with a No vote today, will lead to increased taxes in the long run.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

kstater 04-02-2024 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17467845)
Voted yes. I know saving that 3/8 cents would have been life changing but I like having the chiefs and royals better.

The .37 I would save in 7 years on $100 in groceries made me vote no. Let all that game day revenue go to some other sucker part of the city

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

philfree 04-02-2024 05:19 PM

Isn't there a hotel tax up there? Seems like my hotel bills always come out a lot more when I stay in the KC area.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467887)

Really? Stupid ass

kstater 04-02-2024 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467887)

My precinct had a line. I've never waited in line for an April vote.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 05:21 PM

Some of you are sorry ass shitbags. Chargers, Raiders and Rams all voted no and team left.

BWillie 04-02-2024 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467894)
"Ignore the costs and forgot every year millions from your general funds are being taken out to subsidize a billionaire from the east cost. Sure your roads are crumbling, your public schools are failing, and there's high crime but just think about the hillbilly in BFE who thinks favorably of your city now"

I hope somebody bites your dick off through the Jiffy Lube glory hole in stall #2 off of Blue Ridge Cutoff.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17467945)
Some of you are sorry ass shitbags. Chargers, Raiders and Rams all voted no and team left.

I guess we know which way the low info vote is going

Pepe Silvia 04-02-2024 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17467891)
It's a lot less likely the Chiefs leave the metro vs Royals.

The one downside to the Chiefs relocating to Kansas is that they'll probably rename the team in order to take advantage of a total rebrand for the political points it would score and maximizing new merchandise sales.

They will be the Kansas Flash.

siberian khatru 04-02-2024 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17467955)
I hope somebody bites your dick off through the Jiffy Lube glory hole in stall #2 off of Blue Ridge Cutoff.

That seems oddly specific

Pablo 04-02-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467956)
I guess we know which way the low info vote is going

Red dawg is a tax and spend type

Pepe Silvia 04-02-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17467955)

There are two vicious pit bulls waiting in the wings.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17467962)
Red dawg is a tax and spend type

Enjoy paying those higher taxes after the Chiefs/Royals depart.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467965)

^lives 2,000 miles away and has never been to KC

Pablo 04-02-2024 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467972)
^lives 2,000 miles away and has never been to KC

Pretty sure Blue (D)awg lives in San Fran or Portland too

ChiefsCountry 04-02-2024 05:35 PM

Chiefs, Royals, and events at Sprint Center are 3 of the 4 reasons I visit Kansas City for. The other would be for business which is all in Johnson County. I love staying downtown now especially with what they have done with P&L and the Crossroads area. Without the sports teams wouldn't have much reason to go to Kansas City and probably would end up going to St. Louis more.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 05:42 PM

Imagine voting No today, with the rationale that the stadium funding vote was not approved in 2006 but the Chiefs/Royals remained in KC… only to find out the stadium funding vote DID in fact pass in 2006. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467969)
Did they up in leave when the stadium renovations failed in 2006 and LA didn't have a team then?

Exhibit A of a Low Information Voter.

TribalElder 04-02-2024 05:44 PM

It was the truman sports complex tax

they should split the royals and the chiefs out and re-vote

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467987)
Imagine voting No today, with the rationale that the stadium funding vote was not approved in 2006 but the Chiefs/Royals remained in KC… only to find out the stadium funding vote DID in fact pass in 2006. LMAO

The Bi state tax failed the teams didn't move. Wouldn't expect you to know that as you don't live here nor have ever been here

ChiefsCountry 04-02-2024 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17467989)
It was the truman sports complex tax

they should split the royals and the chiefs out and re-vote

Actually its Jackson County Stadium Authority vote. Not the sports complex. Its wherever the Stadium Authority wants the stadiums.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467965)

Not me. I don't live in the city.

PHOG 04-02-2024 05:49 PM

Have they passed this POS yet?!?!!1!/?

Bearcat 04-02-2024 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467987)

Go spam the DC thread you just quoted in the Lounge... buh-bye, see you in the Gripe thread.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="14303917" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.77" data-width="40%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/emoci%C3%B3n-wilfred-mott-cry-dont-leave-bye-gif-14303917">Emoción Wilfred Mott GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/emoci%C3%B3n-gifs">Emoción GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 05:53 PM

Polls close in 8 mins. The early returns from the burbs will give us a great idea where this is going

Womble 04-02-2024 05:53 PM

If I lived in Jackson County and was in two minds on which way to vote, I would vote No solely on the basis of seeing KCChiefsFan88 advocating so strongly for Yes.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 06:10 PM

Very early results Yes 43% No 56%

https://twitter.com/celisa_mia/statu...aXhfI7cvA&s=19

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 06:11 PM

Good grief. Sorry ass voters so far.

philfree 04-02-2024 06:24 PM

So in the face of NFL history and a possible 3-peat the county voters are forsaking the Kansas City Chiefs because of a fraction of a penny tax that they've been paying for years already?

Pablo 04-02-2024 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17468043)
So in the face of NFL history and a possible 3-peat the county voters are forsaking the Kansas City Chiefs because of a fraction of a penny tax that they've been paying for years already?

If this fails it’s completely the royals fault. They are the anchor on the chiefs and always have been

|Zach| 04-02-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17468043)

I think it is great you want to fork over billions of dollars to these already wealthy guys who could not even be assed enough to put up a proper plan when asking for the money but not everyone feels that way.

They could not even begin to do the basic shit needed to properly present this to the community.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17468005)
If I lived in Jackson County and was in two minds on which way to vote, I would vote No solely on the basis of seeing KCChiefsFan88 advocating so strongly for Yes.

Yea, this guy is not doing ok holy shit.

Pepe Silvia 04-02-2024 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468048)
I think it is great you want to fork over billions of dollars to these already wealthy guys who could not even be assed enough to put up a proper plan when asking for the money but not everyone feels that way.

They could not even begin to do the basic shit needed to properly present this to the community.

They wanted it to fail.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468048)

It's not the owners land and stadium. Voters shitting on Chiefs for sure is pathetic. Voting no is a slap in Mahomes face. And why not have a better baseball stadium? Every ****ing city has a new one.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468056)
It's not the owners land and stadium. Voters shitting on Chiefs for sure is pathetic. Voting no is a slap in Mahomes face. And why not have a better baseball stadium? Every ****ing city has a new one.

I love the Chiefs. I love the Royals. I want a downtown stadium.

That does not mean I am going to vote for it no matter what. We are talking about billions of dollars here. They get to make their decision based on specific financial information and planning but we are supposed to say yes purely on emotions and vibes?

Bring us a better plan we will vote for it. I don't love the Chiefs enough to agree to some bullshit that is bad for the community I live in.

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468063)

That does not mean I am going to vote for it no matter what. We are talking about billions of dollars here. They get to make their decision based on specific financial information and planning but we are supposed to say yes purely on emotions and vibes?

Bring us a better plan we will vote for it. I don't love the Chiefs enough to agree to some bullshit that is bad for the community I live in.

If the Royals somehow don't end up downtown you're really going to enjoy SKC in the East Village because I think that will end up happening instead

LoneWolf 04-02-2024 06:37 PM

Quote:

If it was a vote to build a Krispy Kreme headquarters downtown and they had to bulldoze a homeless shelter to make it happen, you’d vote for it and mule in 100,000 fake ballots to rig the election.

Mecca 04-02-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468056)

That is absurd, a no vote is a rejection of John Sherman and the half assed way this was presented.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

Bad for community? Get the **** outta here with that bullshit. Those teams generate a ton of profits for the city. New stadium would generate even more. Chiefs have generated a shit ton lately. There is no downside to voting yes. The tax is already there and nobody has bitched about in the last 20 years. Lease is up in 6 years. All of you will be bitching.

-King- 04-02-2024 06:41 PM

Quote:

Were you a frequent visitor to temptations or something?

Mecca 04-02-2024 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468073)
Bad for community? Get the **** outta here with that bullshit. Those teams generate a ton of profits for the city. New stadium would generate even more. Chiefs have generated a shit ton lately. There is no downside to voting yes. The tax is already there and nobody has bitched about in the last 20 years. Lease is up in 6 years. All of you will be bitching.

Every single economist that has actually done a study on this will tell you professional sports do not bring money to the community.

mnchiefsguy 04-02-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468073)

This. Plus a yes vote locks both teams in for 40 years...name me another team in either sport that has a lease that long? (I honestly don't know, seems like most teams have a 20 year lease or so).

philfree 04-02-2024 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17468078)
Every single economist that has actually done a study on this will tell you professional sports do not bring money to the community.

Yeah you can have things like the KC Chiefs everyday for free!

Katipan 04-02-2024 06:45 PM

Quote:

The existance of the structure does.

Mecca 04-02-2024 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17468081)

The Chiefs aren't why it's failing...you can think the Royals for that.

Bearcat 04-02-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 17468079)
This. Plus a yes vote locks both teams in for 40 years...name me another team in either sport that has a lease that long? (I honestly don't know, seems like most teams have a 20 year lease or so).

FWIW, I believe the Chiefs' lease is 25 years guaranteed and they can extend it 3 times for a max of 40.

Spott 04-02-2024 06:47 PM

Maybe the Royals and Chiefs issues should be on different ballots.

decibelup 04-02-2024 06:49 PM

is there a website that has the best live/realtime election results?

|Zach| 04-02-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17468081)

......it is not for free.

LoneWolf 04-02-2024 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468093)
......it is not for free.

The tax costs you at most $200 per year. You spend more than that a month on Snickers and Mountain Dew.

mnchiefsguy 04-02-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17468098)
The tax costs you at most $200 per year. You spend more than that a month on Snickers and Mountain Dew.

Yep. I would happily pay that rather than have the teams leave. If we can waste a billion dollars on a ****ing airport, then we can spend some to give people a reason to fly into it.

Without the Chiefs and the Royals...KC becomes a lower tier place...the revenue that KC along will lose from the 1% tax it won't collect will be significent.

This deal is not perfect, but it is also a deal that Salt Lake City, Nashville, Charlotte, or any other city wanting to step up to the big leagues would do in a second.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17468098)

It is literally billions of dollars lets have enough respect for the taxpayers not pretend this is free.

mnchiefsguy 04-02-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468104)
It is literally billions of dollars lets have enough respect for the taxpayers not pretend this is free.

It is not costing you billions of dollars... the benefits far outweigh the costs....unless you want KC to take a step back and be a glorified Little Rock.

LoneWolf 04-02-2024 07:00 PM

Quote:

It doesn’t cost you or any one individual more than a few hundred bucks per year. Stop being so dramatic, you fat dumb ****.

Discuss Thrower 04-02-2024 07:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The first batch of results from Jackson County are posted. I was told Friday the first batch would be the early votes and walk-in votes, which I underscore is not necessarily representative of the big picture. So I share them in that context: 2,940 no (56.5%), 2,266 yes (43.5%).</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1775313783751168219?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

|Zach| 04-02-2024 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 17468107)
It is not costing you billions of dollars... the benefits far outweigh the costs....unless you want KC to take a step back and be a glorified Little Rock.

If they offer up a plan that works I will vote for it.

You being scared about their bluff is a you problem.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-02-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

but loves taxes on every other level...

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Yes they do. What hell are talking about. Hotels and restaurants benefit and the lease brings in money.

mnchiefsguy 04-02-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468111)

History has show it is not a bluff. Just ask Oakland or St. Louis, for example.

Your lack of knowledge is a you problem.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17468113)
but loves taxes on every other level...

We all know if this tax money was used to actually help the citizens of Kansas City people like you would hate it.

But billionaires are asking for it? They won't even tell me what their plan is? Hell yea brother where do I sign up. :)

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468111)

They will be calling the bluff in 6 years moving out.

smithandrew051 04-02-2024 07:05 PM

If it doesn’t pass, who do you blame?

Mecca 04-02-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468114)
Yes they do. What hell are talking about. Hotels and restaurants benefit and the lease brings in money.

You should do some research on this then you'd understand.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17468118)

The people who wanted billions of dollars for us but barely gave us a plan for it.

Pablo 04-02-2024 07:05 PM

Quote:

John Sherman for putting together a pathetic campaign that had shit timelines and shit information

Oh and whatever dipshit powers that be that shifted this from east village to the crossroads

This thing runs away with a win if they stuck with the original site IMO

DrRyan 04-02-2024 07:07 PM

I was just back in KC for a wedding last weekend. Stayed downtown and enjoyed it. I know several people with businesses that would be directly affected positively and negatively in the area. What left a really sour taste in my mouth was hearing from business owners that have reached out to the Royals on numerous occasions asking for details about the project to try and plan for potential outcomes. Not a single one of them got any response from the team regardless of if they were inside the Grand, locust, Truman, 17th St boundary or outside it. I have to assume that has something to do with it being a haphazardly thrown together plan without many of the details sorted out.

Would a stadium near Crossroads be cool? Sure. Would far less businesses be displaced with the other plan near the courthouse/Admiral? Without a doubt. If I was still living in KC this proposal would be a no for me. Get your plans in order, communicate with the business that will be affected and I would be more likely to be a yes.

Mecca 04-02-2024 07:07 PM

Quote:

Whoever thought it was brilliant to rush out a half assed plan that isn't well thought out at all.

smithandrew051 04-02-2024 07:07 PM

I agree. The rollout of the plan seemed like a confusing mess at almost every step.

Hard to get voters excited for something they barely understand.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17468116)
We all know if this tax money was used to actually help the citizens of Kansas City people like you would hate it.

But billionaires are asking for it? They won't even tell me what their plan is? Hell yea brother where do I sign up. :)

Billionaires don't own the stadium and property. How the hell do people not know this. They lease all of it.

Red Dawg 04-02-2024 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 17468123)
I was just back in KC for a wedding last weekend. Stayed downtown and enjoyed it. I know several people with businesses that would be directly affected positively and negatively in the area. What left a really sour taste in my mouth was hearing from business owners that have reached out to the Royals on numerous occasions asking for details about the project to try and plan for potential outcomes. Not a single one of them got any response from the team regardless of if they were inside the Grand, locust, Truman, 17th St boundary or outside it. I have to assume that has something to do with it being a haphazardly thrown together plan without many of the details sorted out.

Would a stadium near Crossroads be cool? Sure. Would far less businesses be displaced with the other plan near the courthouse/Admiral? Without a doubt. If I was still living in KC this proposal would be a no for me. Get your plans in order, communicate with the business that will be affected and I would be more likely to be a yes.

They will be well paid.

Bowser 04-02-2024 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17468120)
You should do some research on this then you'd understand.

Just stop. If major league teams brought no economic benefit to major metro areas, the teams wouldn't BE in major metro areas.

Mecca 04-02-2024 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17468127)
Billionaires don't own the stadium and property. How the hell do people not know this. They lease all of it.

Actually a team can buy and build it's own stadium, it's been done before. But they're all to busy grifting on cities to not pay for that shit.