ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348179)

BigCatDaddy 04-02-2023 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athis (Post 16886663)

Who was she taunting there? I can't see the rest of the photo.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 04:27 PM

nudes?

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16886639)
Lots of fouls called on LSU as well. The fouls weren’t what cost Iowa that game. It was LSU shooting 75% from three point range in the first half that did Iowa in. Just too big of a hole to overcome.

It was a huge factor. Iowa is heavily dependent on their core players. Lsu is not. Iowa had to play the second half with three of their starters playing with oven mitts. Where Lsu kept their core players out of foul trouble by keeping them out of the first half and watching their bench go on a run.

Agree that the 75% is hard to overcome. But way harder to overcome when you take so much out of iowas hands. Clark was half as aggressive in the 4th quarter because they kept dinging here on offensive fouls

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-02-2023 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886670)
Ignorance? If you don't want to get taunted by your opponents when you lose a championship game, I would suggest not taunting them yourself.

What the hell is with this soft as hell discourse?

She didn't taunt LSU at all... The clip you showed was from last weekend after a girl did that to them during the game, and was no where close to this.... can't embed from here.

https://twitter.com/CoachMcMartin/st...842924547?s=20

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886670)
Ignorance? If you don't want to get taunted by your opponents when you lose a championship game, I would suggest not taunting them yourself.

What the hell is with this soft as hell discourse?

That's it, go to your room and don't come out until dinner.

tredadda 04-02-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16886677)
It was a huge factor. Iowa is heavily dependent on their core players. Lsu is not. Iowa had to play the second half with three of their starters playing with oven mitts. Where Lsu kept their core players out of foul trouble by keeping them out of the first half and watching their bench go on a run.

Agree that the 75% is hard to overcome. But way harder to overcome when you take so much out of iowas hands. Clark was half as aggressive in the 4th quarter because they kept dinging here on offensive fouls

Despite LSU sitting some starters in the first half due to foul issues their bench still dominated Iowa’s starters. Heck one of LSUs bench players who usually averaged like three a game had 21 at the half. I will agree that the Clark technical was terrible, but LSU built up such a lead that Iowa had to play more aggressive to get back into it. That means the chance of picking up additional fouls was likely. Plus Iowa would build a run, but couldn’t get much closer than 8-9 because of that huge lead. It was mentioned earlier but you aren’t beating a team that shot that well.

KC_Connection 04-02-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16886683)
She didn't taunt LSU at all... The clip you showed was from last weekend after a girl did that to them during the game, and was no where close to this.... can't embed from here.

She didn’t get to taunt LSU because that team absolutely destroyed her team. You’re kidding yourself if you think she wouldn’t have done so if she would have won given her past antics.

Winners win, losers cry about getting taunted. I would suggest not becoming the latter.

jerryaldini 04-02-2023 04:54 PM

Girl with the tiger hair color leading the blowout win is awesome. She looks like fun.

Pablo 04-02-2023 04:55 PM

With that finish you have to start asking the question, is Caitlin Clark a choke artist??

KC_Connection 04-02-2023 04:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“It was cute when Caitlin Clark did it. Y’all didn’t have any issues with it at all. So don’t be all outraged and talking about class and sportsmanship when Angel Reese does the same thing.”<br><br>- Former NBA player <a href="https://twitter.com/etanthomas36?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@etanthomas36</a> <a href="https://t.co/9mPoPtY9TK">pic.twitter.com/9mPoPtY9TK</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1642660137927155713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 04-02-2023 04:56 PM

Shocking that midwestern white guys are now pissed about race. SHOCKING.

KC_Connection 04-02-2023 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16886709)
With that finish you have to start asking the question, is Caitlin Clark a choke artist??

She should certainly be asking LeBron for advice on having to carry weak teams to titles over far superior ones.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16886709)

Nobody will be saying that. They take away lots of her offensive game when she has to play an entire quarter on 4 fouls

ghak99 04-02-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886705)
She didn’t get to taunt LSU because that team absolutely destroyed her team. You’re kidding yourself if you think she wouldn’t have done so if she would have won given her past antics.

Winners win, losers cry about getting taunted. I would suggest not becoming the latter.

I didn't watch the post game. Did she cry about getting taunted?

All I'm seeing is people pointing out how childish the player who followed her around the court to taunt her looked.

tredadda 04-02-2023 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16886717)
Nobody will be saying that. They take away lots of her offensive game when she has to play an entire quarter on 4 fouls

She could have had one foul and it wouldn’t have made a difference. LSU was the better team today and it showed.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16886713)

I mean, dawn staley threw the first punch on this by being a sore loser the other night. It works both ways on this one.

KC_Connection 04-02-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 16886720)
I didn't watch the post game. Did she cry about getting taunted?

All I'm seeing is people pointing out how childish the player who followed her around the court to taunt her looked.

I wasn’t referring to her crying about it. She surely understands the nature of competition unlike a few here.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16886721)
She could have had one foul and it wouldn’t have made a difference. LSU was the better team today and it showed.

Yeah that is probably the case but that’s why you don’t let refs take players out of games like that. Iowa actually did a pretty good job in the 3rd quarter. .

But even still… I don’t know how anyone can suggest clark choked. You can say it wouldn’t have impacted the outcome of the game if she had less fouls but without a doubt she was limited in what she could do in the 4th quarter because of what was an egregiously bad call

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 05:06 PM

People turned that game on because of Clark. All the rest was highly expendable.

|Zach| 04-02-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886710)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“It was cute when Caitlin Clark did it. Y’all didn’t have any issues with it at all. So don’t be all outraged and talking about class and sportsmanship when Angel Reese does the same thing.”<br><br>- Former NBA player <a href="https://twitter.com/etanthomas36?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@etanthomas36</a> <a href="https://t.co/9mPoPtY9TK">pic.twitter.com/9mPoPtY9TK</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1642660137927155713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wanted to Iowa to win but the pearl clutching about this is ridiculous. Not at all surprising though. Different sets of rules for different sets of people.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886705)

She’s cocky so she if dishes it out, she should expect to get it back. It doesn’t look like she was at all bothered by it. So agreed… mostly, who cares. They both do it. On the other hand, if you’re going to call a T on clark and force a 4th foul on that bullshit toss back, I don’t know how you don’t call a T on blatant taunting. It wasn’t just clapping back, she was staring her down for 10 seconds doing it. Clarks actions are way more cocky than they are confrontational .

tredadda 04-02-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16886730)
Yeah that is probably the case but that’s why you don’t let refs take players out of games like that. Iowa actually did a pretty good job in the 3rd quarter. .

But even still… I don’t know how anyone can suggest clark choked. You can say it wouldn’t have impacted the outcome of the game if she had less fouls but without a doubt she was limited in what she could do in the 4th quarter because of what was an egregiously bad call

Agreed. I am by no means defending the refs as they were terrible. Iowa played well in the third quarter, but part of that was LSU slowing the game down and the huge hole Iowa was put in. I never want refs deciding a championship, but to be honest despite how good Clark was, LSU was just the better team today. Zero excuses for Iowa’s starters to get abused by LSU’s bench.

KCUnited 04-02-2023 05:24 PM

Quote:

Angry white guy projecting alert

jd1020 04-02-2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16886683)

Relax. She isn't going to give you a blowjob for simping for her on CP.

UChieffyBugger 04-02-2023 05:34 PM

You want to know why LSU whooped Iowa? They were more athletic, had a way better defense and better depth, it's just thst simple. Clark is great but it was like watching a young JJ Reddick on a team full of shooters from Europe. When the three stops falling then what did they have? And Iowa constantly tried to hide Clark on defense too which is why LSU had so many open looks.

All in all it was a great game and hopefully the profile will have been raised because of the likes of Clark and Reese. As for Angel taunting Clark!!..lol LOVE IT!!..why not keep it real? I'm sure they were tired of the Clark hype ROFL

And btw Angel just said "Clark is a great player for sure" in her postgame press conference so she at least gave her some praise :D

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Troll.

Titty Meat 04-02-2023 06:03 PM

All the soccer pillowbiters posting in here should tell you something

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16886767)
You want to know why LSU whooped Iowa? They were more athletic, had a way better defense and better depth, it's just thst simple. Clark is great but it was like watching a young JJ Reddick on a team full of shooters from Europe. When the three stops falling then what did they have? And Iowa constantly tried to hide Clark on defense too which is why LSU had so many open looks.

All in all it was a great game and hopefully the profile will have been raised because of the likes of Clark and Reese. As for Angel taunting Clark!!..lol LOVE IT!!..why not keep it real? I'm sure they were tired of the Clark hype ROFL

And btw Angel just said "Clark is a great player for sure" in her postgame press conference so she at least gave her some praise :D

Clark got two offensive fouls and a tech if I'm not mistaking. That's really the only stats that mattered in this one. Everyone knew she had to carry the team and Iowa couldn't win without her at her best.

Biggest surprise of the game was Carson in the first half. Then the rest was highly predictable.

BigCatDaddy 04-02-2023 06:07 PM

This chick puts asses in seats. I doubt she can save the WNBA but she has that Mahomes, Jordan Tiger, Tyson it factor about her.

|Zach| 04-02-2023 06:10 PM

This sort of whining is the same stuff we laugh at when Travis Kelce acts like Travis Kelce. Those people look like bitches and so do a lot of people in this thread.

suzzer99 04-02-2023 06:10 PM

Do we know if there was jawing during the game that led to Reese talking trash at the end? That’s what it felt like at the time.

Jewish Rabbi 04-02-2023 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16886789)
All the soccer bundle of stickss posting in here should tell you something

Bill you’ve posted 12 times in this thread lmao

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16886740)
She’s cocky so she if dishes it out, she should expect to get it back. It doesn’t look like she was at all bothered by it. So agreed… mostly, who cares. They both do it. On the other hand, if you’re going to call a T on clark and force a 4th foul on that bullshit toss back, I don’t know how you don’t call a T on blatant taunting. It wasn’t just clapping back, she was staring her down for 10 seconds doing it. Clarks actions are way more cocky than they are confrontational .

Stand corrected. Didn’t realize this happened after the game. So in the end who cares. You reap what you sow.

CasselGotPeedOn 04-02-2023 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16886802)
Bill you’ve posted 12 times in this thread lmao

The best post in this thread was billay calling someone else out for trying too hard. LMAO

Titty Meat 04-02-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 16886809)
The best post in this thread was billay calling someone else out for trying too hard. LMAO

Your tits are probably bigger than most of the chick's who played today

tredadda 04-02-2023 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16886799)
This sort of whining is the same stuff we laugh at when Travis Kelce acts like Travis Kelce. Those people look like bitches and so do a lot of people in this thread.

Or Tyreek’s peace sign.

Ocotillo 04-02-2023 06:32 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you to all who have supported us on this magical run… I am lucky to wear Iowa across my chest and represent our state�� I love these girls to death and could not be more proud of all we accomplished this szn���� Go hawks always������</p>&mdash; Caitlin Clark (@CaitlinClark22) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaitlinClark22/status/1642681476486512641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

|Zach| 04-02-2023 06:37 PM

Setting up for quite a senior year would be a cool story if she got back to the big game.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16886819)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you to all who have supported us on this magical run… I am lucky to wear Iowa across my chest and represent our state�� I love these girls to death and could not be more proud of all we accomplished this szn���� Go hawks always������</p>&mdash; Caitlin Clark (@CaitlinClark22) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaitlinClark22/status/1642681476486512641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She should transfer to LSU.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16886827)
Setting up for quite a senior year would be a cool story if she got back to the big game.

UConn will be a real fun team to watch next year if they get healthy. I really don’t watch a lot of women’s bball but clark and bueckers are really fun to watch. Kind of unicorns when it comes to women’s bball talent. Guessing there will be a lot of hype for that matchup to turn up at some point.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 16886795)
This chick puts asses in seats. I doubt she can save the WNBA but she has that Mahomes, Jordan Tiger, Tyson it factor about her.

average attendance for a WNBA game is about 5k and that's being generous

the league is subsidized by the NBA to stay afloat

it's nothing more than a grift for feminists with delusions of grandeur

one player ain't saving shit

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 06:49 PM

Yeah, the WNBA only survives because of the NBA being too afraid to drop it.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16886831)
average attendance for a WNBA game is about 5k and that's being generous

the league is subsidized by the NBA to stay afloat

it's nothing more than a grift for feminists with delusions of grandeur

one player ain't saving shit

Tell that to McGwire/Sosa, Beckham, Gretzky, etc.

WNBA will never be as popular as NBA, but it doesn't have to or need to be to be successful.

Are you going to mention the fact that LSU sent a basketball game attendance record (men and women's) for a women's game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16886838)
Yeah, the WNBA only survives because of the NBA being too afraid to drop it.

What's the problem with billionaires subsidizing a league for growing interest in the game of basketball overall?

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886842)

WNBA will never be as popular as NBA, but it doesn't have to or need to be to be successful.

Are you going to mention the fact that LSU sent a basketball game attendance record (men and women's) for a women's game?

It would be dead if the NBA didn't financially subsidize it.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

What's the problem with billionaires subsidizing a league for growing interest in the game of basketball overall?

Who said there is a problem? Just stating a fact, Jack.

And there is a problem when they are refuse to stop subsidizing it because a bunch of woke people would cry sexism.

jd1020 04-02-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

They probably write it off as a donation, since they (WNBA) make no money themselves.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 06:53 PM

It's not ok for players who are not elite to taunt elite players.

-Chris Jones taunting Brady? We good.
-Tyreek throwing the peace sign up to trash DB's? He sucks anyway.
-Kelce nut punching lowly NE players with the ball? Give that man an extension.
-Steve Smith running his mouth to any DB he faces? That's just what he does.
-Reese acting like the diva she is to Clark? She's a witch, burn her!!!

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16886846)
Who said there is a problem? Just stating a fact, Jack.

And there is a problem when they are refuse to stop subsidizing it because a bunch of woke people would cry sexism.

Your second point is irrelevant to what I was saying and belongs in a DC thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886847)
They probably write it off as a donation, since they (WNBA) make no money themselves.

Yeah I highly doubt the WNBA will be profitable, if ever break-even, but I don't see an issue for encouraging younger people to be more active or interested in a sport through women's basketball.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886853)
Your second point is irrelevant to what I was saying and belongs in a DC thread.

Yeah I highly doubt the WNBA will be profitable, if ever break-even, but I don't see an issue for encouraging younger people to be more active or interested in a sport through women's basketball.

But it is true.

They would drop it if the media backlash wouldn't be so contrived.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

I don't see an issue for encouraging younger people to be more active or interested in a sport through women's basketball.

If the NBA wants to lose a LOT of money doing that, more power to them.

jd1020 04-02-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Encouragement only goes so far. At some point there needs to be actual support and there isn't any support for the WNBA. It's not womens tennis, gymnastics, track and field, skating, etc... no one ****ing cares about WNBA, not even the feminists give a shit to support it. It's just straight up boring as **** to watch when you can just as easily switch the channel to a mens game and be infinitely more entertained.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16886855)
But it is true.

They would drop it if the media backlash wouldn't be so contrived.

No, I don't think so. I think there may be some spillover from WNBA revenues into the NBA that don't make the losses on an annual basis be as large as they're reported ($10-$15 million a year) as I'd guess there are some fans of the WNBA who also spend $$ on the NBA in addition to people who usually don't spend $$ on basketball.

It still is a break-even or slight net-gain for owners, I would guess.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886857)
Encouragement only goes so far. At some point there needs to be actual support and there isn't any support for the WNBA. It's not womens tennis, gymnastics, track and field, skating, etc... no one ****ing cares about WNBA, not even the feminists give a shit to support it. It's just straight up boring as **** to watch when you can just as easily switch the channel to a mens game and be infinitely more entertained.

That is true. It's not political, it just sux.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16886856)
If the NBA wants to lose a LOT of money doing that, more power to them.

They most likely aren't losing money with all things considered, though. And if you don't like something, you don't have to watch it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886857)

You're not wrong and I understand college is different than the pros and the NBA doesn't do a great job at promoting the WNBA/the WNBA isn't great. But for some to act as if it's a heinous act is shortsighted (not saying you are).

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886859)
No, I don't think so. I think there may be some spillover from WNBA revenues into the NBA that don't make the losses on an annual basis be as large as they're reported ($10-$15 million a year) as I'd guess there are some fans of the WNBA who also spend $$ on the NBA in addition to people who usually don't spend $$ on basketball.

It is called swallowing the bullet so they don't get railed with bad press every single day for not supporting women's basketball.

It is pretty obvious. Both ESPN and the WNBA are forcing a financially losing product down our throats because they don't want to seen as the bad guys.

Look at the media narrative. It is basically if you don't like women's basketball, you are a backwards dinosaur.

For the owners, it is easier to take the slight bath then have to deal with the ravings of the mob.

UChieffyBugger 04-02-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16886791)
Clark got two offensive fouls and a tech if I'm not mistaking. That's really the only stats that mattered in this one. Everyone knew she had to carry the team and Iowa couldn't win without her at her best.

Biggest surprise of the game was Carson in the first half. Then the rest was highly predictable.

Iowa were down 20 when she was only on two fouls tbh and LSU had foul problems themselves with Reese and others.

Just seen the Iowa postgame press conference. Lots of tears flowing from Catlin and the coach, tough watch.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16886863)
It is called swallowing the bullet so they don't get railed with bad press every single day for not supporting women's basketball.

It is pretty obvious. Both ESPN and the WNBA are forcing a financially losing product down our throats because they don't want to seen as the bad guys.

Look at the media narrative. It is basically if you don't like women's basketball, you are a backwards dinosaur.

For the owners, it is easier to take the slight bath then have to deal with the ravings of the mob.

ESPN has the media rights to the WNBA and women's college basketball. It's in their interest to promote it. LMAO

That's like bitching about why doesn't the NFL promote MLB?

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886859)

I imagine it does ok. It’s an excuse to use capacity on a bunch of arenas that are really easy to maintain. Kind of the same deal with XFL but with way less upkeep. That’s a ton of overhead they don’t have to worry about.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16886864)
Iowa were down 20 when she was only on two fouls tbh and LSU had foul problems themselves with Reese and others.

Just seen the Iowa postgame press conference. Lots of tears flowing from Catlin and the coach, tough watch.

Two offensive fouls a lot for a shooter.

SAGA45 04-02-2023 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886710)

It was beautiful! :clap:

Pablo 04-02-2023 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16886873)
Two offensive fouls a lot for a shooter.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time Cait

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886861)
They most likely aren't losing money with all things considered, though.

WNBA loses about $10 million a year.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-02-2023 07:18 PM

Even Mark Davis could afford a WNBA team.

Jewish Rabbi 04-02-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16886813)

Thumbs me down again and I’ll kick the shit out of you in front of the George Brett statue. But it’s gotta be on a weekend since I have a job

CasselGotPeedOn 04-02-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16886813)

LMAO

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16886885)
WNBA loses about $10 million a year.

Did you completely miss my other posts where I said the WNBA loses $10-15 million a year but the NBA probably makes that back with those same customers/fans spending, watching, etc on the NBA for fans who may not traditionally watch the NBA?

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886892)
I said the WNBA loses $10-15 million

Wow so it's even more? Wow.

The Franchise 04-02-2023 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 16886786)
Troll.

**** your feelings, snowflake.

jd1020 04-02-2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16886896)
Wow so it's even more? Wow.

Looked it up and its been like 4 years since any report but it was $12M in losses in the latest report and they apparently signed a more expensive CBA since then.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886900)
Looked it up and its been like 4 years since any report but it was $12M in losses in the latest report and they apparently signed a more expensive CBA since then.

It's like all the housewives of Johnson County got together and started their own league for buying $12 candles.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886900)

Yeah, they’ve been averaging a loss of $10 million a year but was $12 million from what I most recently found, so I figured $10-$15 was a correct range.

Still think these owners don’t really lose anything, though, big picture financially unless you completely ignore NBA revenues and focus solely on WNBA.

KC_Connection 04-02-2023 07:29 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good for her. Folks showing their ass on this by clutching their pearls for regular old sports trash talk (and the EXACT kind of trash talk that Caitlin did last week and we all loved!) can kick rocks. <a href="https://t.co/5LEVLwD9dX">https://t.co/5LEVLwD9dX</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1642699901371809798?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020 04-02-2023 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886892)
Did you completely miss my other posts where I said the WNBA loses $10-15 million a year but the NBA probably makes that back with those same customers/fans spending, watching, etc on the NBA for fans who may not traditionally watch the NBA?

Do you really think the WNBA is generating $10-$15M worth of new revenue for the NBA? I highly doubt that.

Rams Fan 04-02-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16886909)
Do you really think the WNBA is generating $10-$15M worth of new revenue for the NBA? I highly doubt that.

I don’t think it’s be too crazy to think that the WNBA does given you probably have people who can afford attending games for both leagues and purchasing merchandise, people who only started following the NBA because of the WNBA and now spend $ on both, and people who only are interested in WNBA and not NBA.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-02-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16886908)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good for her. Folks showing their ass on this by clutching their pearls for regular old sports trash talk (and the EXACT kind of trash talk that Caitlin did last week and we all loved!) can kick rocks. <a href="https://t.co/5LEVLwD9dX">https://t.co/5LEVLwD9dX</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1642699901371809798?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nick had to say that. He has a black wife. I forgive him.

jd1020 04-02-2023 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 16886915)
I don’t think it’s be too crazy to think that the WNBA does given you probably have people who can afford attending games for both leagues and purchasing merchandise, people who only started following the NBA because of the WNBA and now spend $ on both, and people who only are interested in WNBA and not NBA.

The WNBA only brings in $60M to their own league. I'd be willing to bet the number of people that started with WNBA and then migrated to the NBA is a really really small number.

SAGA45 04-02-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Agreed Nick! Good stuff! :clap:

mlyonsd 04-02-2023 07:41 PM

Quote:

Look like her? WTF does that mean? Is she race baiting?

|Zach| 04-02-2023 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 16886924)
Look like her? WTF does that mean? Is she race baiting?

Nobody had to race "bait" this situation.

It is a response to people reacting to something differently when the only difference was race.

Race did not have to be artificially put into it...the dog whistles were already out.

George Liquor 04-02-2023 07:47 PM

Imagine arguing about chickball