ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Traitors, Losers and Cowards from the day of battle ( GDT gems) (2021+) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341399)

srvy 12-19-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023507)
You’d have to be dumb as **** to not be a “homer” right now (and in particular a “homer” of Patrick Mahomes). The Chiefs have been to the AFC Championship 3 years in a row, the SB 2 years in a row, won a SB less than two years ago, are currently in 1st in the AFC, and have easily been the best team in the NFL over the past four years due primarily to Patrick Mahomes. What the hell are you morons bitching about?

What did you say? Sounds like you still have Bautistas Johnson balls deep down your throat.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Hk0AA...k4/s-l1600.jpg

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16023552)
What did you say? Sounds like you still have Bautistas Johnson balls deep down your throat.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Hk0AA...k4/s-l1600.jpg

Stop deflecting. Anyone criticizing Patrick Mahomes as was done in the OP is an absolute clown.

DRM08 12-19-2021 11:01 PM

Very glad the Chargers failed to live up to my prediction of a late game FG. They had 80 seconds and multiple timeouts. Thankfully they got jack squat out of the situation and then Kelce destroyed them in Overtime!

srvy 12-19-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023562)
Stop deflecting. Anyone criticizing Patrick Mahomes as was done in the OP is an absolute clown.

Aren't you one of King James Concubines also?

Sassy Squatch 12-19-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023562)

LMAO You didn't even know you can't challenge the play when a turnover is called on the field. Called the team "dumb" for not challenging the Mahomes fumble.

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16023576)
LMAO You didn't even know you can't challenge the play when a turnover is called on the field. Called the team "dumb" for not challenging the Mahomes fumble.

And look at that, an even better job of deflecting from the guy who spent the entire game thread ridiculously shitting on the best thing to ever happen to this franchise.

My apologies for not being aware of the minutia of the NFL challenge/replay rules (which literally change every offseason and have no sense of logic to them whatsoever). I’ll be sure to never make that mistake again. LMAO

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16023575)
Aren't you one of King James Concubines also?

I’d say I’m an even bigger fan of LeBron (the actual GOAT of his sport) than Mahomes (the future GOAT of his), yeah. Both are held to ridiculous standards by media/fans because they are clearly superior to everyone else, so they both definitely share that in common.

Sassy Squatch 12-19-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023579)
And look at that, an even better job of deflecting from the guy who spent the entire game thread ridiculously shitting on the best thing to ever happen to this franchise.

My apologies for not being aware of the minutia of the NFL challenge/replay rules (which literally change every offseason and have no sense of logic to them whatsoever). I’ll be sure to never make that mistake again. LMAO

LMAO Not being able to challenge turnovers has been the rule since 2012, you idiot.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-19-2021 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
1) Patrick Palko can’t be trusted

LOL

RealSNR 12-19-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16023524)
BS. Because Chiefs and “jinx” is alive and well. I posted a HFA thread and there were more than a few that posted I’d jinxed the season.

So…I think we are too hard on long term posters because of game thread posts. We all know each other pretty well. There is no bandwagon fans here. Let’s just enjoy this golden era of Chiefs football.

I think some people would enjoy this golden era of Chiefs football more if they got some ****ing perspective (and a clue) and realized that there has never been a more successful QB his first three years as a starter in the NFL than Patrick Mahomes

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16023585)
LMAO Not being able to challenge turnovers has been the rule since 2012, you idiot.

It’s been that long eh? Time flies when you have a SB winning MVP level QB for a few years, I guess.

Too bad some idiots here spend all their time shitting on him for making a few meaningless bad throws in December.

Sassy Squatch 12-19-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023594)
It’s been that long eh? Time flies when you have a SB winning MVP level QB for a few years, I guess.

Too bad some idiots here spend all their time shitting on him for making a few meaningless bad throws in December.

Maybe the only thing dumber is taking a few posts in the heat of the moment when Mahomes is actually playing pretty poorly and acting like that's "spending all their time shitting on him".

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16023600)
Maybe the only thing dumber is taking a few posts in the heat of the moment when Mahomes is actually playing pretty poorly and acting like that's "spending all their time shitting on him".

When a majority of your posts in a game consist of bitching about how bad the best player in franchise history is playing (when it wasn’t even that bad, at least until the Hardman throw), it says quite a bit about just how spoiled some here have become by his/our success. And I’m not even just talking about you. You were just the tip of the iceberg of shit from that game.

Sassy Squatch 12-19-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023610)
When a majority of your posts in a game consist of bitching about how bad the best player in franchise history is playing (when it wasn’t even that bad, at least until the Hardman throw), it says quite a bit about just how spoiled some here have become by his/our success. And I’m not even just talking about you. You were just the tip of the iceberg of shit from that game.

Nah man, it was pretty bad. Especially by his ridiculous standard. But yeah, the chatter about benching him, trading him, and getting out of his contract was way overboard. Hope that was sarcasm.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16023493)
Pawnmower did the deed then dogged out of the thread. I was so ready for more to come.

I'm sorry. I live in a different time zone and I had some partying to do. I'm definitely not done. Im just resting.

Direckshun 12-19-2021 11:43 PM

I wish I had the goddamn patience to post the OP.

I have long complained about the teenage-girl-esque hyperbole the idiots on this board fill the GDT with. It is horrendous.

Great post exposing one of the worst aspects of ChiefsPlanet.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2021 11:53 PM

Just remember this thread when you bitches are whining because we're down 10 in the playoffs.

We all know what happens next.

Being down 10 is like lighting up the PAT SIGNAL in the sky over Arrowhead.

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16023612)
Nah man, it was pretty bad. Especially by his ridiculous standard. But yeah, the chatter about benching him, trading him, and getting out of his contract was way overboard. Hope that was sarcasm.

It’s going to take a hell of a lot more than that though to cause me to lose faith in Patrick Mahomes or even have thoughts even similar to some of those posts in the OP. As I said earlier, many GMs would trade their entire rosters away just for a few years of the guy. It’s important to keep that perspective and the understanding that we are dealing with an all-time great at his position. He’s earned that respect by now.

KC_Connection 12-19-2021 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16023636)
Just remember this thread when you bitches are whining because we're down 10 in the playoffs.

I was moping at the Houston game for a brief few minutes 2 years ago. I’ll never make that mistake again.

Direckshun 12-20-2021 12:59 AM

There's a difference, though, between criticizing the play on the field and just bitching like a school child.

"Our pass rush is not getting home and it's killing us." vs "Game over, all hope is lost, put Mahomes on the trade block."

Direckshun 12-20-2021 01:00 AM

What I wish I or someone had the time to do was take the OP to the next level.

Every GDT we assemble all the worst losers and miscreants, assemble their most dire histrionics, and start a thread to label one of those fans the Mope Of The Week. Or some such silliness.

Put these idiots on blast for being comically unable to regulate their emotions.

njchiefs 12-20-2021 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 16023056)
Thread full of drama bitches. From OP to those defending themselves.

Such a classic embarrassing thread for all those involved nn

So you know that when a certain pejorative term (maybe numerous terms for all I know) is used, it auto corrects to “Reerun”? I know this because it happened to me, and I didn’t understand until others here explained it to me. I wouldn’t happy with that if it were me. Not at all.

dirk digler 12-20-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16023583)
I’d say I’m an even bigger fan of LeBron (the actual GOAT of his sport) than Mahomes (the future GOAT of his), yeah.

WTF? No self respecting Chief fan would ever say such a dumb thing. You should take that back.

htismaqe 12-20-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16023628)

I have long complained about the teenage-girl-esque hyperbole the idiots on this board fill the GDT with. It is horrendous.

That is why I don't do the GDT anymore. In fact, I've stopped logging in to CP on game day altogether. I enjoy the games much more without having to discuss it.

Frosty 12-20-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16023750)
That is why I don't do the GDT anymore. In fact, I've stopped logging in to CP on game day altogether. I enjoy the games much more without having to discuss it.

I sometimes read them after the fact because the ups and downs are kind of amusing, especially when you know the outcome. I always figure that the posts are seasoned with a fair amount of alcohol.

Frosty 12-20-2021 09:07 AM

Also, y'all realize you can go to a thread and just hit the " button for each quote you want to add to a post and then just hit the Quote button on the last one to show all of them in a new post window? What's this nonsense about copy and pasting each quote to a Word file and opening quotes in separate tabs?

redfan 12-20-2021 09:09 AM

It took me ten years to figure out that the trolls they talk about don't live under a bridge. I didn't even know I was doing it. I always thought you should post to generate a response/discussion.

Bearcat 12-20-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 16023833)
Also, y'all realize you can go to a thread and just hit the " button for each quote you want to add to a post and then just hit the Quote button on the last one to show all of them in a new post window? What's this nonsense about copy and pasting each quote to a Word file and opening quotes in separate tabs?

This guy internets.

Bearcat 12-20-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I limit going into GDTs if the game is remotely close, or will respond without reading a ton... granted, I still see plenty of idiotic posts, but have gotten used to it.

But even the first Raiders game that ended in a blowout was pretty miserable for like 3 quarters, so it really does take a Bills or Titans loss where the hyperbole doesn't even matter because it's such a dumpster fire of a game, or the 2nd Raiders game where they take the lead on a fumble returned for a touchdown on the first play of the game and never look back.

Anything in between means lots of crying and exaggeration.

ChiefBlueCFC 12-20-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16022328)
And here's one to add from that GDT...

Holy shit, I had to click on it to see when that was posted... good god talk about reactionary and being a butt ****ing idiot. Can't even call him a pussy. At least pussys can take a ****ing pounding

Marcellus 12-20-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16023628)

Aren't you the dipshit who complained about the deep pass to Reek on 3rd and long a few weeks ago and made a thread about it?

Holy shit dude STFU.

RaidersOftheCellar 12-20-2021 09:34 AM

Remember the plethora of fans who declared the season over after a month and said this was one of the worst teams in the league?

Those are the people who should be mocked.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 16023539)
Lol that was a frustration post after he threw the ball into the ground and missed Hardman wide
open for a TD. Or when he threw the int directly at the d lineman. I did not really believe he should have been benched.
But I don't have remorse for being critical of sloppy play like that.

LOL. saying "bench mahomes" is not "being critical" it is being a loser, hence why you are on this list. maybe next time
you have that moronic thought cross through your mind during a GDT hows about keep it to yourself, champ? And yes,
you should be remorseful for your treason.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16023857)
Remember the plethora of fans who declared the season over after a month and said this was one of the worst teams in the league?

Those are the people who should be mocked.

i wonder how many of them are on this list

JohnnyHammersticks 12-20-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16023636)

They won't remember. They never do.

RollChiefsRoll 12-20-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16023853)
Aren't you the dipshit who complained about the deep pass to Reek on 3rd and long a few weeks ago and made a thread about it?

Holy shit dude STFU.

Feast your eyes: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341241

burt 12-20-2021 10:17 AM

reerun.....just checking since I have never typed that word.

wazu 12-20-2021 10:49 AM

This thread is pretty fascinating. I can get negative in the low points, I think mostly as a self-protecting mechanism to handle the gameday stress. Usually though my ire is directed at coaching or actual bad players. Never for one second this season (or ever) have I thought I would be happier with any QB for our team but Mahomes. Even if just venting, it's so ludicrous that there's no way it would even occur to me to do anything more than a verbal "come on, Patrick!" after a bad play. (Then go back to cursing about Sorenson/Hardman/etc.)

Marcellus 12-20-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16023998)
This thread is pretty fascinating. I can get negative in the low points, I think mostly as a self-protecting mechanism to handle the gameday stress. Usually though my ire is directed at coaching or actual bad players. Never for one second this season (or ever) have I thought I would be happier with any QB for our team but Mahomes. Even if just venting, it's so ludicrous that there's no way it would even occur to me to do anything more than a verbal "come on, Patrick!" after a bad play. (Then go back to cursing about Sorenson/Hardman/etc.)

You have to be a special kind of stupid to actually type the words "they need to bench Patrick Mahomes".

You should literally need to wear a helmet for your own safety kind of stupid.

Chief Northman 12-20-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16022214)
In this thread we will celebrate the biggest pussies and cowards of the planet. I will add

-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

still working on cleaning this thread up and I will add some commentary

I will add to this

Holy ****. Get a life.

ChiTown 12-20-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16024021)
You have to be a special kind of stupid to actually type the words "they need to bench Patrick Mahomes".

You should literally need to wear a helmet for your own safety kind of stupid.

There is literally not ONE QB in the NFL that I would trade him for. Not one. Stating that he should be benched or that he's a waste of money is just lashing out in the heat of the GDT moment. No one should make a statement like that whether it's in a GDT or not. It lacks all common sense.

carcosa 12-20-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 16024038)
Holy ****. Get a life.

Don't be rude!

stumppy 12-20-2021 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
This is not a Super Bowl team. Due to Mahomes. I hate to admit it, but this year that is it. Maybe it is the toe. Maybe it is his dumbass brother.

ROFL

JFC, the shit that people think.

"Er maw gawd, someone mean tweeted my brother. I can't even pay attention at work or even do my job. And he's just so distracting, It's so hard to even get out of bed in the mornings let alone play football. If I'd only known my teenage brother would occasionally act like an idiot, (like every other teenager ever) I never would have signed that billion dollar contract. How can anyone expect me to play football while dealing with this tragedy." / PM

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 16024038)
Holy ****. Get a life.

Patrick Mahomes II is my life.

Pablo 12-20-2021 12:09 PM

This thread has been very well received. Pawn seems nice!

Baby Lee 12-20-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, we're getting perilously close to enjoying The Chiefs more without Chiefsplanet.

Baby Lee 12-20-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16024053)
There is literally not ONE QB in the NFL that I would trade him for. Not one. Stating that he should be benched or that he's a waste of money is just lashing out in the heat of the GDT moment. No one should make a statement like that whether it's in a GDT or not. It lacks all common sense.

I've said multiple times, if I were starting a team over from scratch, I would take Tyreek and Patrick, and I pointed out that was above Reid, Arrowhead, Kansas City, The Clark Family or any other aspect of the team.

Yet I get no end of accusations of secret motives and false perspectives. The cynic in me likes to think it's from people who know I'm usually right, but don't like how plainly I say it on occasion. So they invent stupidity for me so they have something to inveigh against.

Wallcrawler 12-20-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16024184)
Yeah, we're getting perilously close to enjoying The Chiefs more without Chiefsplanet.

Um...isn't this the cue for Curly Bill?

Well.

Bye.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16024184)

if by "we" you mean pussies, traitors, losers and cowards...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

KC_Connection 12-20-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 16023746)
WTF? No self respecting Chief fan would ever say such a dumb thing. You should take that back.

Which part? The LeBron current GOAT or the Mahomes future GOAT? I believe both whole heartedly.

jjchieffan 12-20-2021 12:34 PM

I didn't have much confidence going into the game. I knew that the Chargers we're too good of an offense to stop with a very good starter missing at all 3 levels of the defense. Even when Patrick threw the tying score with 1:16 left, I was sure that they were going to lose. I mean, the Chargers had been in field goal position on every single drive and they had 1:16 to get there again. But, I was wrong and glad that I was.

Baby Lee 12-20-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024216)
if by "we" you mean pussies, traitors, losers and cowards...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Yeah, 'we' rarely includes 'pawnmower'

No matter how solicitous or friendly, the dude has a congenital predisposition for resentment and lashing out, usually for slights entirely concocted in his own mind.

Kind of like trying to pet and feed a rabid raccoon.

carcosa 12-20-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16024226)
I didn't have much confidence going into the game. I knew that the Chargers we're too good of an offense to stop with a very good starter missing at all 3 levels of the defense. Even when Patrick threw the tying score with 1:16 left, I was sure that they were going to lose. I mean, the Chargers had been in field goal position on every single drive and they had 1:16 to get there again. But, I was wrong and glad that I was.

What else are you wrong about

DaFace 12-20-2021 12:36 PM

ShowtimeSBMVP wants his name back. Give me a thumbs up if you think that should be granted and a thumbs down if you think he should wear the name Quitter for a while.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 16024233)
What else are you wrong about

betting against patrick mahomes II before halftime down by 1 score or less

carcosa 12-20-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 16024239)
ShowtimeSBMVP wants his name back. Give me a thumbs up if you think that should be granted and a thumbs down if you think he should wear the name Quitter for a while.

A while = forever

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-20-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 16024239)

I will wear this name I deserve it.

DaFace 12-20-2021 12:38 PM

Heh...I didn't think about the fact that my post will be hidden almost immediately. Feel free to expand it if you'd like to "vote."

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16024230)
for slights entirely concocted in his own mind.

just read your moronic posts that were directed at me in the GDT

they are clearly not "concocted" in my own mind, you actually said that stupid shit

JohnnyHammersticks 12-20-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16024190)
I've said multiple times, if I were starting a team over from scratch, I would take Tyreek and Patrick, and I pointed out that was above Reid, Arrowhead, Kansas City, The Clark Family or any other aspect of the team.

Yet I get no end of accusations of secret motives and false perspectives. The cynic in me likes to think it's from people who know I'm usually right, but don't like how plainly I say it on occasion. So they invent stupidity for me so they have something to inveigh against.

I've never noticed you as a constant "sky-is-falling Mahomes-is-broken Our-run-is-over" guy tbh. Those of us in the game threads know who the serial offenders are.

Again, criticism of a bad play or bad game, or a few bad games, is fair game. Almost all of us do that. It's the people who constantly bitch over and over and over and who are completely fatalistic - seemingly about life in general - who make the game threads unbearable. Just endlessly bleeding out and completely negative all the time. JakeF used to be one, but at least he's had the good sense recently to just keep quiet.

Mahomes is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. I think what he's done for the Chiefs has earned a little grace period before some people start jumping ship and insinuating that guys like Herbert are better options.

ChiTown 12-20-2021 12:40 PM

I kinda like the idea for a GDTTT (Game Day Temper Tantrum Thread) where you can just puke up and uncontrollably spew diarrhea in one spot - maybe put it in Romper Room?

Leave the GDT for people that actually what to, you know, share thoughts and discuss the game. And, there should absolutely be a quick jettison trigger for anyone puking up/shitting out ridiculous comments in the GDT

Baby Lee 12-20-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024247)
just read your moronic posts that were directed at me in the GDT

they are clearly not "concocted" in my own mind, you actually said that stupid shit

Yeah, I was mocking your moronic standard what if you aren't HOPING hard enough as a fan, it makes you a gutless pussy coward traitor who needs to die a fiery death.

And I MOCKED it, I didn't condemn it, or wish death on you.

Heck, I probably would have just ignored it altogether if you hadn't strung some many invectives together. Just gutless, or just pussy, or just coward, or just traitor, or EVEN just DIE A FIERY DEATH. I'm an easygoing guy by predisposition.

And none of that spoke to my actual assessment of the team as a whole or Mahomes as a QB, just your violent hateful rhetoric for people who 'fan' different than you do.

I get that people enjoy their fandom in different ways. Some are pollyannish, some are clinicians, some are pessimists, some just enjoy the spectacle, some are math and analytic focused getting their enjoyment from the stats and odds, some are focused on specific aspects of the whole picture, some 'jack off and cummmmmm' for certain types of plays and could give a shit about the rest of it.

You have a very specific vision of the proper way to be a fan and a blinding hatred and plenty of corrosive intentions for those who fall into apostacy from your narrow POV.

Hoping doesn't do shit for anything. GDT isn't a prayer thread. And it certainly isn't a linear meter for your worth as a person or fan.

EDIT - and BEFORE you twist it into a different message for your own purposes. I was HOPING the same thing you were, just as much. But I also knew that the game would be determined by what happened on the field. So it was important that more things happened than my hope, like the defense stiffening and Tyreek not being hobbled, and how tired or energized the opposition was, . . . you know, THE GAME. All of that stuff is interesting and engrossing, and the camaraderie of fellow fans enhances it, even if they have reeruned opinions. But your energy was a huge detriment to fandom, ironically even while you were trying to pose as the ultimate exemplar of fandom, . . . for that matter partially because you were trying to do that, in that moment.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16024271)
And I MOCKED it, I didn't condemn it, or wish death on you.

I never wished death on anyone

I am merely pointing out that those who give up hope down by a score or less with lots of football to go are losers, traitors or cowards or some combination thereof.

Marcellus 12-20-2021 01:05 PM

Chat is way better than the game thread but you get some real stupid in there as well.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16024301)
Chat is way better than the game thread but you get some real stupid in there as well.

man i have mixed feelings.

i really enjoy being able to go back through and look at the GDT

i feel like chat loses something of the history or permanent record of the moment

Sassy Squatch 12-20-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024310)

i feel like chat loses something of the history or permanent record of the moment

Yeah, chat is a way more streamlined experience. You're probably not getting anything meaningful out of it as far as actual discussion because it just moves too fast at times. Of course, assuming you're talking about the discord chat here.

KChiefs1 12-20-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16022328)
And here's one to add from that GDT...

That’s pretty over the top with stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 12-20-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 16022383)
I used to read them. Now I avoid them like the plague. If we lose a game in embarrassing fashion, I usually just avoid this place entirely for a couple days. Its just not worth it.

Since I stopped reading or posting in them, my life is better. The Chiefs also play better when I don’t post my constant running thoughts. It’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graystoke 12-20-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Hoping doesn't do shit for anything. GDT isn't a prayer thread.

I spent a lot of last Thursday praying to baby Jesus. I say it worked.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16024314)
Yeah, chat is a way more streamlined experience. You're probably not getting anything meaningful out of it as far as actual discussion because it just moves too fast at times. Of course, assuming you're talking about the discord chat here.

ive tried both

and yeah it goes super fast... thats one thing i do like about the GDT is you can go back and forth and whatnot and see reactions to specific moments

Abba-Dabba 12-20-2021 01:17 PM

Goodness gracious. ROFL

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Hoping doesn't do shit for anything. GDT isn't a prayer thread. And it certainly isn't a linear meter for your worth as a person or fan.

EDIT - and BEFORE you twist it into a different message for your own purposes. I was HOPING the same thing you were, just as much.

LOL

give it up man

carcosa 12-20-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quitter (Post 16024243)
I will wear this name I deserve it.

That's right.

Baby Lee 12-20-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024334)
LOL

give it up man

Spell it out.

What value do you specifically place on hoping skills when you value a fellow human.

If they hope scrupulously for things that never happen, are they a failed hoper? A failed person?

If they set hope to the side and try to focus on things that can actually alter a particular situation, are they an apostate hoper? An apostate person?

If they keep their hopes to themselves instead of shouting them from the rooftops, are they a failed evangalist for hope? A failed person?

Say what you are hinting at.

Also, setting aside the issue of the particular situation of a Chiefs game. When things are tense and beyond people's control, is your impulse there as well to single out and denounce those who aren't hoping hard enough, or do you give people grace for the tenseness of the situation and focus on positivity?

And even here, I'm not saying one perspective or another is the only viable perspective. Be as hopeful or prayerful or fatalistic or sullen as you like and as fits your personal nature. It's just that I'm going to point it out if YOU DO denounce the ways other people deal with adversity out of their control. And that is a criticism of your tactics, not the situation beyond people's control at the heart of the dynamic.

BleedingRed 12-20-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024310)

You should try discord... We have every GDT archived

Pasta Little Brioni 12-20-2021 01:30 PM

Reading those is like watching a toddler getting their toy taken away. Same level of tantrum.

Ming the Merciless 12-20-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16024364)
You should try discord... We have every GDT archived

oh thats awesome! did not know that. i am a member, but havent explored it...

Spott 12-20-2021 01:32 PM

None of gd thread stuff bothers me near as much as that "true fan" bs that was pretty typical of what you would see somewhere like facebook, especially when Smith was the QB. I'm willing to take the heat of the moment "bench Mahomes" comments over any of the true fan nonsense.

BleedingRed 12-20-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16024373)
oh thats awesome!

Yeah,

We started doing it this year for every game, we start a game day thread and at end of game we close it and archive it. That way we can go back to specific moments and see people screaming XD

Half the time during a TD its hot chicks and jerk off GIF's but it fun!

Expanding on year 3 (next year) I'm hoping to expand the features inside discord with a bot that automatically posts Down/Distance live.

Abba-Dabba 12-20-2021 01:35 PM

Every person has their moments of weakness.

Buck up and move on.