ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Sony Playstation 5 thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329953)

Sassy Squatch 11-19-2020 02:09 PM

Still selling out in 10 seconds on Wal Mart. That's ridiculous

ThaVirus 11-19-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15335539)
I generally don't listen to opinions on AC anymore. The most-hated installment in the series is Unity and I actually enjoyed it. Different strokes or whatever. I loved Origins just as much as I loved AC2. They're just different games. People are way too myopic about such things.

Honestly, that's my least favorite part. I could do without the modern storyline period. The historical stuff is what I love.

Yeah, everyone is a critic. It’s frustrating.

Agreed, actually. I’m a huge fan of the historical fiction or alternate history, whatever you want to call it. I never liked the modern day stuff, but I could deal with it when it was Desmond fighting to stop the end of the world. At this point with Layla or whatever it just seems pointless. I legit have no clue what the modern day storyline is. I guess they need some sort of excuse or reason to have us in the Animus, but I’d be totally fine with scrubbing all that shit at this point.

htismaqe 11-19-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15335700)
Yeah, everyone is a critic. It’s frustrating.

Agreed, actually. I’m a huge fan of the historical fiction or alternate history, whatever you want to call it. I never liked the modern day stuff, but I could deal with it when it was Desmond fighting to stop the end of the world. At this point with Layla or whatever it just seems pointless. I legit have no clue what the modern day storyline is. I guess they need some sort of excuse or reason to have us in the Animus, but I’d be totally fine with scrubbing all that shit at this point.

To be honest with a series like this, I think a lot of it has to do with point of entry.

I honestly was never interested in AC - I'm more of a RPG person. When Black Flag was announced, I got excited because pirates are cool and the historical period is interesting.

I played Black Flag and loved it so much that I immediately went and played all the rest.

They're all different games with different strengths and weaknesses. I think a lot of the people that hold up AC2 as the gold standard started when the series started and the change is difficult to digest.

For me, I started on a game that had already departed from the original formula so I wasn't married to it.

There isn't a single AC I haven't enjoyed. They're all great in their own way.

Pants 11-19-2020 02:41 PM

I always found the analogy about AC games being the size of an ocean with the depth of a puddle to be apt.

It's one GORGEOUS ****ing ocean, though. I've played AC2, AC3 and Black Flag to full completion. I love history so I enjoy being thrust into a period-accurate environment. I also like completing everything and AC is the OCD completionist's wet dream.

I bought Origins for like $7 during one of the sales and even have it installed. That will be my next foray.

I'll eventually get Valhalla for like $15 too.

Mecca 11-19-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15335717)
To be honest with a series like this, I think a lot of it has to do with point of entry.

I honestly was never interested in AC - I'm more of a RPG person. When Black Flag was announced, I got excited because pirates are cool and the historical period is interesting.

I played Black Flag and loved it so much that I immediately went and played all the rest.

They're all different games with different strengths and weaknesses. I think a lot of the people that hold up AC2 as the gold standard started when the series started and the change is difficult to digest.

For me, I started on a game that had already departed from the original formula so I wasn't married to it.

There isn't a single AC I haven't enjoyed. They're all great in their own way.

AC2 was groundbreaking for it's time, because the first one was very bland to say the least.

htismaqe 11-19-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15335718)
I also like completing everything and AC is the OCD completionist's wet dream.

Yep. I'm mega OCD and that's a big reason I love AC.

It's also a big reason I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for almost 2 full years. :huh:

Pants 11-19-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15335744)
Yep. I'm mega OCD and that's a big reason I love AC.

It's also a big reason I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for almost 2 full years. :huh:

LOL. I'm not that bad. I almost never play the same game twice because my library is already overflowing and more and more badass games are coming out.

With games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, etc., I pick a path, stick to it, finish it, and move on. Alternate endings and playthroughs are awesome, but I'm all set with the one I chose to experience. :)

htismaqe 11-19-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15335770)
LOL. I'm not that bad. I almost never play the same game twice because my library is already overflowing and more and more badass games are coming out.

With games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, etc., I pick a path, stick to it, finish it, and move on. Alternate endings and playthroughs are awesome, but I'm all set with the one I chose to experience. :)

Well... :redface:

I haven't actually finished it. I'm so OCD that I've started over probably 50 times. I can't stick with a build.

:loser:

The Franchise 11-19-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15335628)
Still selling out in 10 seconds on Wal Mart. That's ridiculous

It’s the ****ing bots. I had one all the way until I hit submit order and then it came back with out of stock. ****ing assholes.

SuperChief 11-19-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15335821)
It’s the ****ing bots. I had one all the way until I hit submit order and then it came back with out of stock. ****ing assholes.

Lotta ****ing scalpers out there ruining the experience for everyone, too. I hope they continue to get doxxed and ****ed into oblivion.

Jerm 11-19-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15335821)

Really wish these stores would go to in store / curbside pick up....I think that might help curve the scalpers and bots.

Hoping that’s what Wal Mart does on Black Friday.

The Franchise 11-19-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 15336367)
Lotta ****ing scalpers out there ruining the experience for everyone, too. I hope they continue to get doxxed and ****ed into oblivion.

It would be nice if people would stop overpaying for this shit and just let them sit on all the systems they bought. I want a PS5 but I’m not going to pay double when I can wait a couple of months and get one for the normal price.

Pants 11-19-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15336838)
It would be nice if people would stop overpaying for this shit and just let them sit on all the systems they bought. I want a PS5 but I’m not going to pay double when I can wait a couple of months and get one for the normal price.

Exactly. Why would you NOT scalp if dummies are willing to pay 2x-3x the price?

lcarus 11-20-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 15336935)
Exactly. Why would you NOT scalp if dummies are willing to pay 2x-3x the price?

That's how I feel about it too. As scummy as some of these scalpers are that just keep buying up all these PS5 and Xbox consoles whenever there's a new wave in stock, in the end I blame the people that buy from them. Why pay double or triple the retail price? For what? Just to play Demon's Souls or Miles Morales right now instead of a bit later?

And I'm a Funko collector, so I've been dealing with bots and scalpers for the past decade.

srvy 11-20-2020 02:03 AM

Some people have more money than sense. Little Johnny will have the best xmas ever and this will keep him busy out of our hair to do what we want. Who has time to raise a child?

Mecca 11-20-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15337015)
Some people have more money than sense. Little Johnny will have the best xmas ever and this will keep him busy out of our hair to do what we want. Who has time to raise a child?

Uh it's way more about adults wanting them than for their kids.

Gravedigger 11-20-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15337072)
Uh it's way more about adults wanting them than for their kids.

My daughter can play my switch or her PS4 Pro she has, she doesn't need to play the PS5. If she wants to it's downstairs and she can fire it up, but since none of her friends are talking about it, she's not interested in it. She just plays Pokemon, Among Us on her iPad, or now she's getting into Genchin Impact because her and her friends have this weird obsession with Japanese culture at this point, with BTS and everything being so predominant in culture right now.

Mecca 11-20-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15337129)
My daughter can play my switch or her PS4 Pro she has, she doesn't need to play the PS5. If she wants to it's downstairs and she can fire it up, but since none of her friends are talking about it, she's not interested in it. She just plays Pokemon, Among Us on her iPad, or now she's getting into Genchin Impact because her and her friends have this weird obsession with Japanese culture at this point, with BTS and everything being so predominant in culture right now.

The Japanese culture thing goes way over my head, like I don't get why anime took off so big.

htismaqe 11-20-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15337007)
That's how I feel about it too. As scummy as some of these scalpers are that just keep buying up all these PS5 and Xbox consoles whenever there's a new wave in stock, in the end I blame the people that buy from them. Why pay double or triple the retail price? For what? Just to play Demon's Souls or Miles Morales right now instead of a bit later?

And I'm a Funko collector, so I've been dealing with bots and scalpers for the past decade.

Yep. I'm on a ton of Apple forums and everybody bitches about iPhone and iPad prices and then 2 days later shows pictures of their brand new iPhone or iPad.

Mecca 11-20-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15337007)

I collect funko's, whatcha got?

lcarus 11-20-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15337620)
I collect funko's, whatcha got?

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...users/lcarus83

I started in late 2013 and went really gung ho for a couple years. The last couple years I slowed down considerably.

lcarus 11-20-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15337531)
Yep. I'm on a ton of Apple forums and everybody bitches about iPhone and iPad prices and then 2 days later shows pictures of their brand new iPhone or iPad.

Same deal with shoe collectors, toy collectors and sports cards/memorabilia collectors. Crazy world with crazy people in it.

Mecca 11-20-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15337727)

I started in late 2013 and went really gung ho for a couple years. The last couple years I slowed down considerably.

I mainly collect Marvel and DC ones since that's my thing but lately I grabbed some masters of the universe like I got this guy...

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...eletor-10-inch

Mecca 11-20-2020 01:59 PM

Also you have 2 of the ones I really wanted and couldn't find in Bane and Gorilla Grodd, I tried like a mofo on those.

lcarus 11-20-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15337769)
Also you have 2 of the ones I really wanted and couldn't find in Bane and Gorilla Grodd, I tried like a mofo on those.

The Dark Knight pops were what got me into collecting them. Even back in 2014, Bane was "vaulted" and pretty expensive. I'm actually surprised they haven't remade those Dark Knight Pops and expanded on it.

And yeah that giant Skeletor is awesome.

The Franchise 11-20-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15337727)

I’ve got about 60-70 funko but I’ve never checked to see if any of them are valuable.

Mecca 11-20-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15337850)
I’ve got about 60-70 funko but I’ve never checked to see if any of them are valuable.

Anything hard to find usually, my holy grail is red skull but I've given up on that, not going 700 on a pop.

Mecca 11-20-2020 02:51 PM

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...ze/subvariants

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...er-black-white

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...er-bank-robber

https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces...-of-hulkbuster

Those are some of my better ones.

lcarus 11-20-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15337888)
Anything hard to find usually, my holy grail is red skull but I've given up on that, not going 700 on a pop.

Yeah I bet they remake Red Skull. Or at least a different version of Red Skull. I've wanted a lot of the older DC characters like the original Green Arrow, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, but those are all way too much.

CoMoChief 11-21-2020 12:13 PM

I'll be getting on the Xbox Series X train simply for MS Flight Sim 2020.

Wish Spiderman would come out for XBX though.

vailpass 11-21-2020 04:29 PM

XB1 Xbox Series X restocked at Walmart online starting 9:00 p.m. Eastern on 11/25.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/XB1-Xbox-...mpaign_id=9383

Pants 11-21-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15339714)
XB1 Xbox Series X restocked at Walmart online starting 9:00 p.m. Eastern on 11/25.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/XB1-Xbox-...mpaign_id=9383

Awesome. Thank you! I'll be snagging one methinks.

Mecca 11-21-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 15339267)
I'll be getting on the Xbox Series X train simply for MS Flight Sim 2020.

Wish Spiderman would come out for XBX though.

Flight sim is part of game pass i play it on my pc all the time.

Jerm 11-22-2020 05:37 AM

Holy shit, finally got one ordered through Best Buy...pick up from LS location next Saturday!

Can’t believe it, had given up all hope. What an exhausting journey lol...

CoMoChief 11-22-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15340098)
Flight sim is part of game pass i play it on my pc all the time.

Yeah...I just dont PC game a lot, also don't really have the best hardware to justify the game's beauty.

JD10367 11-23-2020 03:33 PM

Someone needs to explain why the PS4 Pro is still $499, which is the same price as the PS5 with disc drive.

Was at Wal-Mart today and they had a PS5 on display. Jesus, that thing is huge. That's like, Long Dong Silver version of a game system.

Since I haven't played anything since the PS2, I bought a bunch of $20 PS4 games to start playing on the PS5 when I finally snag one. They only had a few copies of them left and I figure once the PS5 shows up on shelves people might snag the cheaper PS4 games...

JD10367 11-23-2020 09:23 PM

Right now Gamestop online has the PS5 gamer's bundle for $850.

JD10367 11-23-2020 09:25 PM

And Best Buy has an open-box for $475 but unfortunately won't ship to my area.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-24-2020 05:16 PM

Good luck to everyone fighting the bots on Wednesday night.

vailpass 11-25-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 15350199)

Fifteen minutes and it's on.

PattyFlakes 11-25-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 15350199)

I fought and the bots beat me. Still no luck, the walmart ones went quick.

htismaqe 11-25-2020 10:11 PM

I fought the bots and the...bots won!

Stryker 11-25-2020 10:53 PM

Had one at my house last night. Future son-in-law got one. We hooked it up to the LG OLED and I watched him play NBA 2K1 and COD Cold War - freaking incredible! The controller is the SHIT!

DJJasonp 11-26-2020 10:22 AM

Highly recommend Demon's Souls remake. It's destroying my will to live.......but it's an amazing game with amazing graphics, mechanics, etc.

For those that have played it (or are playing it).......when the dragon flies overhead and torches the bridge.......just amazing!

Sassy Squatch 11-26-2020 10:44 AM

Dragon Bone Smasher is hilarious in Demon Souls. You send shit flying with that thing

htismaqe 11-26-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 15352423)
Highly recommend Demon's Souls remake. It's destroying my will to live.......but it's an amazing game with amazing graphics, mechanics, etc.

For those that have played it (or are playing it).......when the dragon flies overhead and torches the bridge.......just amazing!

I won't be playing it. I'm too old or burnt out or something.

I bought Dark Souls 3 an after spending an afternoon trying to beat the first boss, I took the game back.

JD10367 11-26-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15352153)
Had one at my house last night. Future son-in-law got one.

I see what you did there.

htismaqe 11-26-2020 10:57 AM

I'm kind of glad I have a game backlog so I'm not feverishly trying to buy one.

I'm getting tech-anxious again. Haven't bought a new expensive tech toy in a while and starting to jones.

Sassy Squatch 11-26-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15352471)
I won't be playing it. I'm too old or burnt out or something.

I bought Dark Souls 3 an after spending an afternoon trying to beat the first boss, I took the game back.

There's a version of that boss that's late game but optional and he's much harder.

htismaqe 11-26-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15352492)
There's a version of that boss that's late game but optional and he's much harder.

Exactly why I decided to stop trying. ROFL

Sassy Squatch 11-26-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15352502)
Exactly why I decided to stop trying. ROFL

Nah, that tutorial boss is really easy once you get the hang of the game. It looks scary but get right up on it and just wail away and it goes down in no time.

htismaqe 11-26-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15352505)
Nah, that tutorial boss is really easy once you get the hang of the game. It looks scary but get right up on it and just wail away and it goes down in no time.

I tried pretty much everything. I gave it a good 4 hours. It's not like I gave up without trying. ;)

notorious 11-26-2020 11:49 AM

IT WOULD BE NICE IF I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BUY ONE FOR MY KIDS FFS.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-26-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15352543)
IT WOULD BE NICE IF I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BUY ONE FOR MY KIDS FFS.

Get me one. I can be your kid.

Gravedigger 11-27-2020 08:40 AM

Had $105 leftover from the trade in of my PS4 so I went on the Black Friday page of the PS Store, bought Avengers Deluxe Edition for half off and bought AC Valhalla PS5, Origins and Odyssey bundle for $80 because I haven't played any of those games. Look in my library to see Origins and Valhalla but no Odyssey, now I gotta call Sony today and ask them why it didn't go through. Just a warning if anyone else is eyeing the same bundle of AC Valhalla, Origins and Odyssey.

DeepPurple 11-27-2020 09:23 AM

I was watching Fox 35 Orlando morning show and these people were lined up outside a Game Stop. They had five PS 5's, didn't say what the price was. Kyle, the black kid in the green shirt, was there since Wednesday night, he got the first one. Sony announced they will release more before the end of the year.

https://images.foxtv.com/static.fox3....jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Jerm 11-27-2020 09:59 AM

Finally picked up my PS5 and games from Best Buy this morning...had to go in because curbside was borked. Of course they didn’t have a bag big enough for it....

Had 3 people try to buy it off of me before I could even get back to my car LOL.

The thirst is real and it’s nuts...

vailpass 11-28-2020 10:12 AM

*In-Stock Alert-Best Buy Xbox X*

I just now logged on and was able to order an Xbox X on Best Buy. They have you go through an extra step to verify your Best Buy account so they know it's you buying it and not a bot.

Mecca 11-28-2020 12:15 PM

Cdkeys has 12 months of ps plus for 30 bucks right now if anyone is in need.

tredadda 11-28-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15354828)
Cdkeys has 12 months of ps plus for 30 bucks right now if anyone is in need.

Interesting. Are they legit? I have never heard of them and that is $15 cheaper than going through the PS store.

srvy 11-28-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15355145)
Interesting. Are they legit? I have never heard of them and that is $15 cheaper than going through the PS store.

They are legit I have bought from them for years for my son and daughter never a problem. Slickdeals.net always posts their sales but just be careful and make sure the Key is global and works in USA.

tredadda 11-28-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15355152)
They are legit I have bought from them for years for my son and daughter never a problem. Slickdeals.net always posts their sales but just be careful and make sure the Key is global and works in USA.

How did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Did you use a CC and if so was there any concerns about your card info being stolen (outside of the usual threats present on the internet).

Sorry 11-28-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15355254)
How did you pay if you don't mind me asking. Did you use a CC and if so was there any concerns about your card info being stolen (outside of the usual threats present on the internet).

i'd suggest buying a visa gift card and manually putting money in to protector yourself

Mecca 11-28-2020 06:39 PM

Use paypal that's safe as hell, but I've bought from them since 2016, no issues at all.

srvy 11-28-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15355254)

Paypal

dannybcaitlyn 11-28-2020 07:15 PM

Got Lucky today and picked up a PS5 around 2:00 pm at my local Walmart. I Saw a couple of people in the electronic dept with them at the register. I asked the clerk for one and they went to the back and got one for me. Got stopped a couple of times on my way out the store asking if they had anymore left. Ha

kcxiv 11-28-2020 07:51 PM

none of them sites are "legit" but they will get you games! I have used cd keys before, its how i got Rainbow 6 Seige.

Mecca 11-28-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 15355459)
none of them sites are "legit" but they will get you games! I have used cd keys before, its how i got Rainbow 6 Seige.

Legit in the sense that the codes work and they don't **** with your info or card.

kcxiv 11-28-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15355500)
Legit in the sense that the codes work and they don't **** with your info or card.

lol The keys are mostly bought from 3rd party sellers that have been obtained by stolen credit cards.

Thats what i meant.

tredadda 11-28-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15355273)
i'd suggest buying a visa gift card and manually putting money in to protector yourself

Awesome. Thank you for that.

Skyy God 12-22-2020 08:08 AM

This is PS4 related, but holy shit was Ghost of Tsushima good.

Right up there with RDR2 and Witcher 3.

Indian Chief 12-22-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15417287)

Didn't play RDR2, but agree with the rest. Ghost was amazing and I'm just starting to dig into the multiplayer now. It's like a second game.

SuperChief 12-22-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15417287)

Just finished Ghost a few days ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A beautiful game, truly.

Unrelated: Big PSN sale on now. Just got a few games I was waiting to go on sale (Outer Worlds, Gang Beasts).

Skyy God 12-23-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 15417630)
Didn't play RDR2, but agree with the rest. Ghost was amazing and I'm just starting to dig into the multiplayer now. It's like a second game.

Thanks for the heads up.

The 4 player content and raid are well reviewed.