ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329884)

neech 03-19-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14851238)
Are you hoarding idiots done yet? JFC, people are stupid. We're a family of five and we've yet to even open a new package after a week. We've used zero bottles of water.

I get that you're stupid/selfish, but there has to be a point where you have enough, no?

Feed them so they can poop.

Pitt Gorilla 03-19-2020 03:57 PM

Sanitizing wipes in stock. PLENTY of beef and bread at Fareway. Thank God the people around here are less selfish/stupid than other places.

eDave 03-19-2020 04:02 PM

I really need tissues and there is NONE. NONE. No Ovaltine either.

Megatron96 03-19-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14853323)
I really need tissues and there is NONE. NONE. No Ovaltine either.

What kind of tissues. We have several boxes (4-5?) of regular Kleenex-type tissues. Probably could spare a box or two.

eDave 03-19-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14853362)
What kind of tissues. We have several boxes (4-5?) of regular Kleenex-type tissues. Probably could spare a box or two.

Yep, that. Thanks man but I'm cool. Got TP.

Rain Man 03-19-2020 05:38 PM

Our store gained ground in the last few days. Still no paper products, and meats and breads were light in inventory, but for the most part everything else was there.

CarlosCarson27 03-19-2020 06:18 PM

Costco gas is cheap, and no lines at Costco gas station!

BigRedChief 03-19-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14853668)
Costco gas is cheap, and no lines at Costco gas station!

gas is cheap everywhere in the world because Saudi Arabia and Russia are having a dispute over gas prices. Saudi Arabia flooded the market with oil to screw over Russia by giving us and everybody else cheap gas.

Rain Man 03-19-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14853673)
gas is cheap everywhere in the world because Saudi Arabia and Russia are having a dispute over gas prices. Saudi Arabia flooded the market with oil to screw over Russia by giving us and everybody else cheap gas.

And also to kill American oil drillers.

Chief Pagan 03-19-2020 06:40 PM

So its true a lot of American frackers could be forced into bankruptcy but its not like you can keep them there.

The big majors buy them cheap and can quickly turn on the taps as soon as prices rebound.

Russia is in worse shape because most of its oil is the long term, high capitol, multi year to develop sort.

CarlosCarson27 03-19-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14853673)

The Why is irrelevant. The timing is still too perfect and no Costco lines is also rare

srvy 03-19-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14853678)
And also to kill American oil drillers.

This

Saudis don't give anything cheap without an ulterior motive.

KS Smitty 03-19-2020 09:04 PM

Just throwin' this out there.

https://www.misscelia.com/products/c...egular-rolls-2

Indian Chief 03-19-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14853583)
Our store gained ground in the last few days. Still no paper products, and meats and breads were light in inventory, but for the most part everything else was there.

This was exactly my experience this evening. Was able to get milk, some fresh produce, ice cream, dog food, bread, and a few other items.

srvy 03-19-2020 09:44 PM

I made a run for eggs and some ground beef and found none. I did luck out and get a 10 pack of toilet paper. I may have to go to taco bell to get something to make a turd.

srvy 03-19-2020 09:48 PM

I guess I do qualify for the senior early hour to grocery shop. May have to go and knock down some elderly like bowling pins in a mad scramble to the fresh meat section.

SuperBowl4 03-19-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14854117)
I guess I do qualify for the senior early hour to grocery shop. May have to go and knock down some elderly like bowling pins in a mad scramble to the fresh meat section.

Seniors getting carded to go into grocery stores early. :thumb:

srvy 03-19-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14854247)
Seniors getting carded to go into grocery stores early. :thumb:

That's fine I'm good.

Megatron96 03-20-2020 12:40 PM

Shortage crisis over.

Stores around here all have TP and PT again. Limited to one of each per customer, which is fine. Mostly 12-roll packs, which should last me several months.

FloridaMan88 03-20-2020 09:34 PM

JFC...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETZsO5NX...jpg&name=large

kcxiv 03-20-2020 09:40 PM

got my TP and Water today about 7am, i got the hook up. We good here now. lol

FlaChief58 03-21-2020 01:09 PM

Headed to wally word again today to get a few things for my mom and us. The shelves were nearly empty like I've never seen before. Between what we already had on hand and what I managed to get today, we're all set for 6 weeks or so. It sounds like they're about to shut down Florida completely to non emergency travel (grocery stores and hospitals). We filled up our cars and gas cans (for the generator in case we lose power) and exchanged a couple of propane tanks. There are lines starting to form at the pumps like they do during hurricane season. I hope we overprepared, but better safe than sorry.

DRM08 03-21-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14855104)
Shortage crisis over.

Stores around here all have TP and PT again. Limited to one of each per customer, which is fine. Mostly 12-roll packs, which should last me several months.

Lucky for you. My town is still wiped out. We have questionable grocery infrastructure even when there isn't panic buying. Hopefully the mayor is learning a lesson from this. Might want to encourage development of more stores in this town.

Frazod 03-21-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14856343)

LMAO

You'd think for $49,900 they could at least throw in free shipping. Cheap bastards.

DaneMcCloud 03-21-2020 01:35 PM

Shelves are still bare and the Costco lines are hundreds of people long.

I'm starting to think that Los Angeles won't see stocked shelves for months.

Megatron96 03-21-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14857336)
Lucky for you. My town is still wiped out. We have questionable grocery infrastructure even when there isn't panic buying. Hopefully the mayor is learning a lesson from this. Might want to encourage development of more stores in this town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14857351)
Shelves are still bare and the Costco lines are hundreds of people long.

I'm starting to think that Los Angeles won't see stocked shelves for months.

The point is that there is plenty of supplies. Delivery is going to be back up for a while, but everything's going to start reappearing on your shelves. Give things a week or two.

DaneMcCloud 03-21-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14857354)
The point is that there is plenty of supplies. Delivery is going to be back up for a while, but everything's going to start reappearing on your shelves. Give things a week or two.

That's what I thought two Thursday's ago but it just keeps getting worse here.

We have 20+ million people in the LA basin, all of whom need groceries, toilet paper, etc., so the shelves will likely remain empty for quite a while.

Gravedigger 03-21-2020 01:46 PM

I saw a 1 Liter bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer on the Target website as in stock at Blue Springs, I know foolish to think that is correct. Drove up to Blue Springs with the wife to see what else they could have at 8am this morning. Found everything BUT hand sanitizer, but still got some Clorox wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, and other cleaning supplies to get us by for awhile so a good trip overall. Cleaning the house from top to bottom today.

Pitt Gorilla 03-21-2020 02:41 PM

We’ve been fully stocked for a few days. College towns tend to have fewer of the prepper/hoarding idiots.

Easy 6 03-21-2020 03:36 PM

Just got back from the dollar store for milk, making B&G in the morning... two older people in line with their carts full of nothing but TP

So damn stupid it defies description, you’d think their age would make them smarter than that... people are becoming irrational AF!

KChiefs1 03-21-2020 03:55 PM

A blowjob & a donut?

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/statu...453638145?s=21

BucEyedPea 03-21-2020 03:55 PM

Anyone want me to sell you some of mine or trade?

I've a 12 pack. $100 or in barter value. I like fine jewelry. :jester:

Pitt Gorilla 03-21-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14857556)
Just got back from the dollar store for milk, making B&G in the morning... two older people in line with their carts full of nothing but TP

So damn stupid it defies description, you’d think their age would make them smarter than that... people are becoming irrational AF!

Engage the prepper/hoarder idiots to find out why they're so ****ing stupid.

Reerun_KC 03-21-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

People do what the media tells them to do.

2112 03-21-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Only 2 per person allowed here. I buy in bulk when on sale so I think I have 200 rolls of crap paper lol I’m good. But I did see an Indian guy with 60 bottles of Lysol in his cart. That’s ridiculous too

Easy 6 03-21-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14857644)
Engage the prepper/hoarder idiots to find out why they're so ****ing stupid.

Most preppers have been hoarding for years, but this recent weirdo singular fixation on TP cracks me up... in a bad way

I could at least see the logic if they were gobbling up canned goods and things like dry beans and rice... but nope, gotsta have that TP!

Rain Man 03-21-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14857588)

Subtly holding up the doughnut at the end was superb humor.

Rain Man 03-21-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14857446)
We’ve been fully stocked for a few days. College towns tend to have fewer of the prepper/hoarding idiots.

Yeah, when I was in college I couldn't afford to buy an extra pack of toilet paper. That was for the rich kids in the greek houses.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-21-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14857589)
Anyone want me to sell you some of mine or trade?

I've a 12 pack. $100 or in barter value. I like fine jewelry. :jester:

I guess I'd trade for sex but you'd have to throw in a couple more 12 packs and eliminate the $100 .:thumb:

Baby Lee 03-21-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14857588)

As the comments show, this has been an online 'bit' for a while now.

Dunit35 03-21-2020 05:40 PM

Needed laundry soap today and Wal Mart was near wiped out. They had a few containers left. Why hoard laundry soap?

eDave 03-21-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14857800)
As the comments show, this has been an online 'bit' for a while now.

Are you ever happy?

BucEyedPea 03-21-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14857756)
I guess I'd trade for sex but you'd have to throw in a couple more 12 packs and eliminate the $100 .:thumb:

So that means I still get the fine jewelry then. Nice!

Sure that's a deal but I don't know what a flight costs from where you are to here. That's some pricey TP you're exchanging for—more than $100. o:-) ;)

Reerun_KC 03-21-2020 09:17 PM

Thank god for dollar general stores in rural America.

Sucks to be a city or suburb person fighting everyone at target or Walmart.

Walked into local country dollar general store. Got my supplies and left.

Life is good.

jerryaldini 03-21-2020 09:34 PM

Grocery store is limiting one per customer. So I thought paper towels an tp would be back. Found out the hoarders are lining up in the morning at 7 am to get their daily dose, and it all goes at once. I assume most of them believe it's the end times.

BossChief 03-21-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14857805)
Needed laundry soap today and Wal Mart was near wiped out. They had a few containers left. Why hoard laundry soap?

I can’t speak for everyone, but I have a family of 4. I bought enough of everything to last 2 months, so we won’t need to leave the house (unfortunately my wife works in health care, so she has to work but is allowed to only work 20 hours during this craziness in 4 days)

In a month, I don’t want any of us going into Walmart or even our local Hyvee...that’s a risk we can afford to avoid.

I bought 3 of the big containers of laundry soap and I’m not a hoarder.

Just prepared.

Discuss Thrower 03-21-2020 09:56 PM

Literally the definition of hoarding.

Just go to the store bro.

bricks 03-21-2020 10:16 PM

Question, does anyone here know how it works with relationships like supply/demand and cost?

I would like to think that if the demand of something is high, then the cost of it would also be high. Sort of like a positive correlational relationship.

And if the demand of something is low, then the cost would be low?

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less.

I know we live in North America and all; we have one of the best supply chains in the world in regards to those goods but damn people need to start thinking along these lines and make rationally driven decisions and not emotional.

Economical wise this may bite everyone else in the ass. We are going to go into a recession from all this and all we need is for the cost of these items to be driven up.

BossChief 03-21-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14858341)

My store is right across from a Walmart. I don’t want to go in there if this thing gets worse in a month. I’d rather dodge that bullet to ensure my families safety. You can continue to go to the store and roll the dice, if you like.

BossChief 03-21-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14858386)
Question, does anyone here know how it works with relationships like supply/demand and cost?

I would like to think that if the demand of something is high, then the cost of it would also be high. Sort of like a positive correlational relationship.

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less.

I know we live in North America and all; we have one of the best supply chains in the world in regards to those goods but damn people need to see along thinking along these lines and make rationally driven decisions and not emotional.

Economical wise this may bite everyone else in the ass. We are going to go into a recession from all this and all we need is for the cost of these items to be driven up.

What happens to our supply chain if it stops having the words “made in China” all over it?

bricks 03-21-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14858397)
What happens to our supply chain if it stops having the words “made in China” all over it?

I get it. It would increase. Some of it is not in our control but it should be if we could start getting some of those supplies back. Including drugs!

Chief Pagan 03-21-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14858386)

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less?

There has been a lot of push back against price gouging. So stock sales out quick or they try some sort of rationing.

Which on the one hand I understand but it does distort the market. If you have some sort of production line and you could retool it to make hand sanitizer but it would cost 20 times normal retail, you probably aren't going to do it if you have to sell it at a loss.

Reerun_KC 03-21-2020 10:50 PM

MSM driven hysteria.

People lives their lives by being controlled by the media.

Pablo 03-21-2020 10:58 PM

I'm making a big ol' pot of chili. I'm gonna run through these shit tickets and still have that gritty butthole. Can't wait to poop that ultimate poop. That elusive 2 pounder. I'll take pics when it hits and show you the paper used so you understand I'm a conservationist.

Rain Man 03-21-2020 11:10 PM

I'm starting to get annoyed the toilet paper thing. We have a supply, but we're, um, working our way through it, and our store shelves have been empty for 10+ days now. I don't know if they're rationing it or not (which would be a good idea), but whatever's happening, supply is not catching up with demand yet. I figure there's some house in my neighborhood that has a massive three-story toilet paper fort in the backyard.

Reerun_KC 03-21-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14858506)
I'm starting to get annoyed the toilet paper thing. We have a supply, but we're, um, working our way through it, and our store shelves have been empty for 10+ days now. I don't know if they're rationing it or not (which would be a good idea), but whatever's happening, supply is not catching up with demand yet. I figure there's some house in my neighborhood that has a massive three-story toilet paper fort in the backyard.

American people went to war against the supply chains. And for what reason?

Media drive hysteria?

scho63 03-21-2020 11:39 PM

I've just decided to use an old rag instead and wash it after each use.......:spock:

Saves me a ton of money. :LOL:

bricks 03-21-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14858436)
There has been a lot of push back against price gouging. So stock sales out quick or they try some sort of rationing.

Which on the one hand I understand but it does distort the market. If you have some sort of production line and you could retool it to make hand sanitizer but it would cost 20 times normal retail, you probably aren't going to do it if you have to sell it at a loss.

I could totally accept the push back on price gauging given the harsh circumstances were facing.

Im also very pleased about rationing. It makes life easier for us, the consumers. Im seeing this in a lot of stores now where the distributor is limiting the number of items sold to like 2-3 per consumer per say. Good. Im happy about that. We need that. But, I could see this being one of those situations where it beneficial for the consumer and not so much for the manufacturer.

I would imagine that being hard on the manufacturer probably due to regulatory reasons. Good for the consumer but bad for the manufacturer.

I would not like to be in the position of a manufacturer right now. Thats probably hard. Greater demand for a product but limited in profit. More revenue to produce but selling for less. That sucks. Lots of these companies must be losing big.

Chief Pagan 03-22-2020 12:12 AM

Sure. But if they were allowed to start charging $50 for a pack of TP that normally cost $10, I bet not too many people would be buying it by the grocery cart load. And every store would have some.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14858339)
I can’t speak for everyone, but I have a family of 4. I bought enough of everything to last 2 months, so we won’t need to leave the house (unfortunately my wife works in health care, so she has to work but is allowed to only work 20 hours during this craziness in 4 days)

In a month, I don’t want any of us going into Walmart or even our local Hyvee...that’s a risk we can afford to avoid.

I bought 3 of the big containers of laundry soap and I’m not a hoarder.

Just prepared.

I was going to post before seeing this, that perhaps someone had a large family perhaps of all boys and the husband works a job where he gets dirty. That requires a load of laundry soap.

I don't consider two months to be hoarding. It's short term. Hoarders or Preppers fill whole basements with such things.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14858617)
Sure. But if they were allowed to start charging $50 for a pack of TP that normally cost $10, I bet not too many people would be buying it by the grocery cart load. And every store would have some.

Exactly! It prevents scarcity. Supply and demand at work.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14858566)
I've just decided to use an old rag instead and wash it after each use.......:spock:

Saves me a ton of money. :LOL:

Won't it increase your water bill? You want that crap swirling around in your sink? I know I wouldn't. Biggest thing that has improved health is sanitation and cleanliness.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14858341)

He did. Gotta' admit, one trip every two months is more efficient.

KS Smitty 03-22-2020 10:43 AM

We make our own laundry soap using Fels-Naptha (soap not chemical), washing soda and borax. We also add vinegar to the wash load too. It gets the clothes clean and it's pretty inexpensive.

Chief Pagan 03-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14858681)

I don't consider two months to be hoarding. It's short term. Hoarders or Preppers fill whole basements with such things.

In normal times I would agree.

But these aren't normal. If, as soon as the shelves are restocked, a third of the shoppers buy two months worth, then a different third will face empty shelves and won't even be able to get a days worth.

Chief Pagan 03-22-2020 12:06 PM

The TP thing is just out of control. But for some things I wonder about other factors.

I used to cook some meals at home. Outside of the occasional steak or ribs on the grill, my home cooking was vegetarian. But I ate plenty of chicken and some beef and pork at restaurants.

I have done one take out in the last week everything else has been grocery store home fixed. So I am now buying much more meat from the grocery store than I ever had before and less from restaurants. I used to eat French fries in restaurants and now I'm buying frozen hash browns.

Its not hoarding on my part but the supply chains still need to adjust to the new normal. They need to deliver fewer 50 pound bags of fries to the restaurant and more 2 pound bags to the store.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 14859120)
We make our own laundry soap using Fels-Naptha (soap not chemical), washing soda and borax. We also add vinegar to the wash load too. It gets the clothes clean and it's pretty inexpensive.

Interesting. I think I'll try that. I know Kirklands brand and Tide are toxic. Kirlands ruined some of my souvenir T-Shirts. Will never use again.

Donger 03-22-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14859461)
Interesting. I know Kirlands brand and Tide are toxic.

LMAO

Discuss Thrower 03-22-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 14859313)
In normal times I would agree.

But these aren't normal. If, as soon as the shelves are restocked, a third of the shoppers buy two months worth, then a different third will face empty shelves and won't even be able to get a days worth.

There is no guarantee shelves will get restocked even if everyone "only" got a week's worth of goods.

BucEyedPea 03-22-2020 01:16 PM

If folks aren't working, who is making TP or PTs for everyone?

mililo4cpa 03-22-2020 01:19 PM

Because they don't have bidets

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-22-2020 03:20 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DJZuZzU2Vsg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96 03-23-2020 12:32 AM

Shitty math for hoarders:

https://www.facebook.com/HowToBeADad...6370061889319/

jjkrueg 03-23-2020 04:51 AM

Ran to menards up here in Iowa Sunday morning. Sams club opens at 10, it’s right next to menards. They were lined up around the building at 930 waiting to rush the place. Have to assume for tp. I did notice in the meat section anyway at sams everything is labeled “limit 1” now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcxiv 03-23-2020 05:58 AM

So happy i know someone that lets me go before the store actually opens to get water and TP when needed. I just have to get there hell of early before anyone gets there. lol

loochy 03-23-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14857364)
That's what I thought two Thursday's ago but it just keeps getting worse here.

We have 20+ million people in the LA basin, all of whom need groceries, toilet paper, etc., so the shelves will likely remain empty for quite a while.

They didn't eat and wipe their butts before this?

KCUnited 03-23-2020 07:23 AM

Entering week 3 with the same roll of TP and its likely to survive into next week. That would indicate a 2 month supply for me is 2 rolls.

America, check yo diets.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14858484)
I'm making a big ol' pot of chili. I'm gonna run through these shit tickets and still have that gritty butthole. Can't wait to poop that ultimate poop. That elusive 2 pounder. I'll take pics when it hits and show you the paper used so you understand I'm a conservationist.

Poop Day With Pablo.

I look forward to it.

BucEyedPea 03-23-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14860740)
Entering week 3 with the same roll of TP and its likely to survive into next week. That would indicate a 2 month supply for me is 2 rolls.

America, check yo diets.

WOW! Are you constipated? Low fiber diet? I go through at least a roll a week. I'd say about 12 rolls in two months maybe more.

KCUnited 03-23-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 14860804)
WOW! Are you constipated? Low fiber diet? I go through at least a roll a week. I'd say about 12 rolls in two months maybe more.

Nope, I'm regular. Same time daily.