ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Black QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325141)

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798576)
Baseball is ****ing expensive and black people are poor. Black people also can't find huge open fields in urban area's. Baseball is also boring and basketball is just cheap, flows like jazz and hip hop. Baseball is like the ****ing charlston

So how did the old negro leagues survive?

I think more black athletes today would rather do other sports.

Russell Wilson...choose football
Kyler Murray.....choose football

I think that's the norm.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798603)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T6xJzAYYrX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798603)

I think more black athletes today would rather do other sports.

Russell Wilson...choose football
Kyler Murray.....choose football

I think that's the norm.

where it starts is money though. That is why soccer is so big. Some aids invested country rolls up a bunch of 49er champion Scarves and they start kicking it around until on the 11th birthday they are given an AK47 and sent to genicide some other country

Perineum Ripper 02-16-2020 03:43 PM

Then why do these poor Latin countries pump out baseball players at high rates

njchiefs 02-16-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 14798567)
HA! I just beat you by a hair. Course, I was probably quicker on the draw b/c I know all about Roman Gabriel since I'm also Filipino American. Knew all about him when I was a little kid.

Same here. Father was from Manila. He loved Roman Gabriel.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798612)
where it starts is money though. That is why soccer is so big. Some aids invested country rolls up a bunch of 49er champion Scarves and they start kicking it around until on the 11th birthday they are given an AK47 and sent to genicide some other country

I have a lot of black friends, all love basketball, then football, nobody ever talks baseball.

I am an historian of blacks in sport so can talk Cool Papa Bell, Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, Mayes, McCovery, Davis, but not a baseball fan.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798667)
Father was from Manila.

Hey, I'm a big fan of what you guys did with those folders. Big fan.

/white person trying to be friendly

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 14798623)
Then why do these poor Latin countries pump out baseball players at high rates

the DR is the only country with a high rate

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 04:35 PM

When I read.....who gives a **** about race.

Why do we constantly see this kind of thing?

Charley Frank Pride (born March 18, 1934[1]) is an American singer, musician, guitarist, business owner, and former professional baseball player. His greatest musical success came in the early to mid-1970s, when he became the best-selling performer for RCA Records since Elvis Presley.[4] During the peak years of his recording career (1966–87), he garnered 52 top-10 hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, 30 of which made it to number one.

Pride is one of the few African-Americans to have enjoyed considerable success in the country music industry and one of only three (along with DeFord Bailey and Darius Rucker) to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry. He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2000.

In 2010, Pride became a special investor and minority owner of the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball club.[5]

Apparently it is important.

Easy 6 02-16-2020 04:40 PM

See, this is where you lose everyone

What the hell does Charley Pride have to do with black QBs?

Mennonite 02-16-2020 04:45 PM

Well, if the Chiefs had drafted him in 83 they may not have won a SB but they would have had a lot more top 10 hits on the Billboard charts. And that's just a fact. If you can't admit that at least, well maybe you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and admit that you might be just a little bit racist.

Demonpenz 02-16-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14798707)
Well, if the Chiefs had drafted him in 83 they may not have won a SB but they would have had a lot more top 10 hits on the Billboard charts. And if you can't admit that at least, well maybe you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and admit that you might be just a little bit racist.

*casey kasum voice* From hits on a quarterback to hits on the chart. Here comes the #hit from Frank Clark called 'Their asses are going home feat. Drake

Mennonite 02-16-2020 04:56 PM

Did you know that Casey Kasum did the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo? And that the Harlem Globetrotters once made an appearance on Scooby Doo in a very special episode? And, furthermore, did you know that those very same Globetrotters are, in fact, negroes?

Jimmy the Greek was right - those people are just naturally better at solving mysteries. We just have to stop being so pc and admit it's true.

LiveSteam 02-16-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14451479)
I guess we will leave out Patrick mom is white and Kyler mom is Korean .

That's racist

banecat 02-16-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798681)
I have a lot of black friends, all love basketball, then football, nobody ever talks baseball.

I am an historian of blacks in sport so can talk Cool Papa Bell, Josh Gibson, Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, Mayes, McCovery, Davis, but not a baseball fan.

You're a historian of blacks in sport? Where'd you get this degree at?

Easy 6 02-16-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798710)
*casey kasum voice* From hits on a quarterback to hits on the chart. Here comes the #hit from Frank Clark called 'Their asses are going home feat. Drake

Vintage penz

LiveSteam 02-16-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14798720)
Did you know that Casey Kasum did the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo? And that the Harlem Globetrotters once made an appearance on Scooby Doo in a very special episode? And, furthermore, did you know that those very same Globetrotters are, in fact, negroes?

Jimmy the Greek was right - those people are just naturally better at solving mysteries. We just have to stop being so pc and admit it's true.

LMAO

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14798700)
See, this is where you lose everyone

What the hell does Charley Pride have to do with black QBs?

It should be pretty obvious.....

I was asked....who gives a ****....about race.

So when talking Charlie Pride, Ernie Davis, Jack Johnson, Hattie McDaneil, Deford Bailey, Jackie Robinson, Joe Perry, George "Little Chocolate" Dixon, Doug Wiliams, Fritz Pollard, Isacc Murphy, why do we have to read about them being black?

Remember that movie about that Texas Western basketball team starting five blacks.....A MOVIE over that. Why a movie about a white QB at Grambling?

People do care, I was obviously giving examples of how it works.

banecat 02-16-2020 05:01 PM

All Asians is good at math. Jews is good at the basketball

Mennonite 02-16-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798733)
It should be pretty obvious.....

I was asked....who gives a ****....about race.

So when talking Charlie Pride, Ernie Davis, Jack Johnson, Hattie McDaneil, Deford Bailey, Jackie Robinson, Joe Perry, George "Little Chocolate" Dixon, Doug Wiliams, Fritz Pollard, Isacc Murphy, why do we have to read about them being black?

Remember that movie about that Texas Western basketball team starting five blacks.....A MOVIE over that. Why a movie about a white QB at Grambling?

People do care, I was obviously giving examples of how it works.

Amen, brother. I for one am sick and damn tired of hearing about George "Little Chocolate" Dixon's ethnicity. Can't we just appreciate him for that thing he's so famous for without bringing up his race?

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 14798737)
Amen, brother. I for one am sick and damn tired of hearing about George "Little Chocolate" Dixon's ethnicity. Can't we just appreciate him for that thing he's so famous for without bringing up his race?

Wiki

George Dixon (July 29, 1870 – January 6, 1908) was a Canadian professional boxer. After winning the Bantamweight title in 1892, Dixon became the first ever black athlete to win a World Championship in any sport; he was also the first Canadian-born boxing champion.

Simply how it will go.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:08 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uEd69QSBI0s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What got ignored by Joe Public is for years blacks were dominating sports where race limitations didn't exist like boxing and track. Black athletes from HBCU schools kicked ass on those all white SWC/SEC conference dudes at the NCAA and our Nationals. People saw it long before that Texas Western team.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798740)
Wiki

George Dixon (July 29, 1870 – January 6, 1908) was a Canadian professional boxer. After winning the Bantamweight title in 1892, Dixon became the first ever black athlete to win a World Championship in any sport; he was also the first Canadian-born boxing champion.

Simply how it will go.

I'm probably gonna melt a lot of snowflakes with this opinion, but ain't it about time we shipped these Canadians back where they come from?

Canada to be specific.

chiefzilla1501 02-16-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798576)
Baseball is ****ing expensive and black people are poor. Black people also can't find huge open fields in urban area's. Baseball is also boring and basketball is just cheap, flows like jazz and hip hop. Baseball is like the ****ing charlston

I wasn't going to comment on this thread because it's nonsense. But this point is actually interesting. I wonder how much club sports are ruining athletic talent. Biggest example is soccer. US soccer is more interested in profiting off of soccer camps from the rich. In many poor countries, all you need in soccer is a ball and a field and these players are often the best because they often spend almost every waking hour on the sport. Thankfully i feel like football doesn't have nearly this kind of problem. Any athlete of any background can get access to good coaching.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14798755)
Thankfully i feel like football doesn't have nearly this kind of problem. Any athlete of any background can get access to good coaching.

True.

Well, unless they play for the Texans, of course.

TEX 02-16-2020 05:18 PM

Hopefully the OP gets Rompered for life this time...

chiefzilla1501 02-16-2020 05:19 PM

The success of black QBs isn't race driven. Most of the successful qbs this year are great runners. Last year, it was the year of the pocket qb. Mahomes, Brady, goff, brees, Rodgers... All do most of their damage in the pocket. Most of these QBs had bad years this season. Huge huge drop-off. I think the problem is that defenses overadjusted to stop passing games and left their run defenses exposed. That opened things up for athletic QBs. It will be interesting to see how defenses adjust this offseason to stopping lamar, 49ers run o, Derrick Henry, etc.... Have a feeling running QBs will drop-off next year.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14798760)
Hopefully the OP gets Rompered for life this time...

You have any idea at all how many times this topic has been talked about on football, track sites? Rompered for just kicking about a topic TONS have kicked around.

You don't have ti talk about it so what's the problem?

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14798763)
The success of black QBs isn't race driven. Most of the successful qbs this year are great runners. Last year, it was the year of the pocket qb. Mahomes, Brady, goff, brees, Rodgers... All do most of their damage in the pocket. Most of these QBs had bad years this season. Huge huge drop-off. I think the problem is that defenses overadjusted to stop passing games and left their run defenses exposed. That opened things up for athletic QBs. It will be interesting to see how defenses adjust this offseason to stopping lamar, 49ers run o, Derrick Henry, etc.... Have a feeling running QBs will drop-off next year.

Wilson
Jackson
Murray
Watson
Prescott
Newton

....have been running all their life, that isn't going to change.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14798755)
I wasn't going to comment on this thread because it's nonsense. But this point is actually interesting. I wonder how much club sports are ruining athletic talent. Biggest example is soccer. US soccer is more interested in profiting off of soccer camps from the rich. In many poor countries, all you need in soccer is a ball and a field and these players are often the best because they often spend almost every waking hour on the sport. Thankfully i feel like football doesn't have nearly this kind of problem. Any athlete of any background can get access to good coaching.

Nonsense?

Perineum Ripper 02-16-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 14798694)
the DR is the only country with a high rate

Venezuela has a high rate too

Either way, why are poor Latin countries pumping out baseball players, but poor black communities not.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:43 PM

Just one of a ton.....

The rise of black NFL quarterbacks has been both swift and spectacular. Just over 40 years after Doug Williams became the first African American passer to be selected in the opening round of the NFL draft, black quarterbacks now occupy positions of prominence throughout professional sports’ most successful league.

Once dismissed as a group by the NFL’s longtime wrongheaded thinking based on skin color, black signal-callers have proven they possess the mettle, smarts and talent needed to thrive at the game’s most important position. They have been No. 1 overall draft picks. They have won league MVP awards. They have led teams to Super Bowl championships. One is even enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Talk about closing a gap.

And today’s superstar black passers – Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott – are continuing to build on the accomplishments of the trailblazers who kicked down the door for them. Let’s look at some of the most important moments in their climb to the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But we can't talk about here, really? Everywhere else can, just not us....why?

Who is our greatest QB, can he run? Can Jimmy G run, nope!

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 05:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfdkJYWtBwA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:02 PM

How soon we forget.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JaLn5bm0CY4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here he is taking third at the NCAA in the grueling 400 hurdles

(Des Moines, June 13)
(26 contestants, 8 finalists; Q—49.93)
1. Jeshua Anderson (Washington State) ............... Fr................48.69
2. Reuben McCoy (Auburn)................................... Sr ...............48.71
3. Robert Griffin (Baylor) ....................................... Fr................49.55
4. Jussi Heikkilä' (South Carolina)......................... Sr ...............49.69
5. Nick Robinson (Texas A&M).............................. Sr ...............49.92
6. Terry Thornton (Hampton)................................. Sr ...............49.99
7. Kai Kelley (USC)................................................ Sr ...............50.45

Gravedigger 02-16-2020 06:06 PM

I don’t see the surprise? The sport has been predominately African American for decades due to generally athletic superiority over white counterparts. Mahomes isn’t the best example of a Black quarterback because he’s as much white as he is black, but if you have to break it down by race then yay?!? I see it as the league is shifting to more of a hybrid because Defensive lines are getting penetration and the Defenses are responding to a more offensive tilted league, and back and forth we go. I like the new crop of Quarterback, and I guess if it’s giving African American quarterbacks a greater opportunity due to their inherent athleticism then good stuff. Diversity is always welcome to evolve the culture and sport to a better place.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14798815)
I don’t see the surprise? The sport has been predominately African American for decades due to generally athletic superiority over white counterparts. Mahomes isn’t the best example of a Black quarterback because he’s as much white as he is black, but if you have to break it down by race then yay?!? I see it as the league is shifting to more of a hybrid because Defensive lines are getting penetration and the Defenses are responding to a more offensive tilted league, and back and forth we go. I like the new crop of Quarterback, and I guess if it’s giving African American quarterbacks a greater opportunity due to their inherent athleticism then good stuff. Diversity is always welcome to evolve the culture and sport to a better place.

A guy who gets it, :D

We are see it, that big vacated area just behind the rushers and in front the receivers going out. All a QB has to do is get there and its 10-15 yards, with a mobile QB you have that open to you, with an Eli or Rivers or Brady...nope!

JakeF 02-16-2020 06:11 PM

At least we can stop hearing about it now.

Jewish Rabbi 02-16-2020 06:11 PM

Ubeja, do you think most black QBs are circumcised?

RealSNR 02-16-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798799)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfdkJYWtBwA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whosyomomma, I usually like what you have to say, but shut up.

"Proof! Mitchell Trubisky drafted ahead of Deshaun Watson!"

:spock:

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798822)
A guy who gets it, :D

We are see it, that big vacated area just behind the rushers and in front the receivers going out. All a QB has to do is get there and its 10-15 yards, with a mobile QB you have that open to you, with an Eli or Rivers or Brady...nope!

DC are smart they will find a way to stop mobile QB.

Mennonite 02-16-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14798826)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLDnPiXyME0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14798825)
At least we can stop hearing about it now.

JakeF you have how many other threads out there to enter, why come into one to moan about the topic, don't read it, works for me.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14798826)

Can you yodel?

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:40 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rnpmicc87zI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K5jKAm7KMrY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2BgNalykgg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Expect to hear a lot about this guy, but not as a QB.

KCUnited 02-16-2020 06:45 PM

Toto Africa most influential blues song ever

Convince me otherwise

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798836)
DC are smart they will find a way to stop mobile QB.

I don't think so, just look at what Wilson has been doing for 8 seasons.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14798858)
Toto Africa most influential blues song ever

Convince me otherwise

Talk to me about them blues, if I see you know the music well talk.

Give me a good example of Piedmont blues.

candyman 02-16-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798288)
Well I sort of agree, but then it gets very dicey when you then consider that things other then physical stature and ability can also be genetically determined.

I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers but:

OVERALL:

Black people are physically superior.

Asians are mentally superior.

White and Hispanic people aren't superior at either but a little of both.

Come at me bro.

chiefzilla1501 02-16-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798777)
Wilson
Jackson
Murray
Watson
Prescott
Newton

....have been running all their life, that isn't going to change.

The point is that defenses are going to adjust to better stop athletic qbs and will go back to focusing on the run next year. Apart from Russell and mahomes, none of them were even close to the same level as Brady, brees, and Rodgers last year. This year the pocket passer took a big hit but I doubt that's a trend that will continue. Those guys are going to have to prove themselves with their arm and apart from Russell, all of those guys are not elite if you take their legs away. They might norm into more of a cam Newton who was effective enough throughout his career which bought them one big run, but was mostly second to third tier most of his career.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 14798870)
I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers BUT:

OVERALL:

White and Hispanic people are a combination of both.

Come at me bro.

Pretty much nailed it, why people have to play silly games about the obvious...?????

KCUnited 02-16-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798867)
Talk to me about them blues, if I see you know the music well talk.

Give me a good example of Piedmont blues.

The Forgotten Apostrophe demo EP, you’re turn.

candyman 02-16-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798880)
Pretty much nailed it, why people have to play silly games about the obvious...?????

Because nowadays nobody is allowed to hurt anyone else's feelings.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-16-2020 07:04 PM

A mobile QB is good in regular season. Get back to me when one wins in the playoffs. Wilson is the only one I can think of lately that has won a super Bowl

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14798881)
The Forgotten Apostrophe demo EP, you’re turn.

If you were to write a book about them blues you start by talking about the slave trade, it all starts there.

In 1920 Mamie Smith recorded "Crazy Blues", it sold so well the record companies started looking for similar talent, which brought us Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey probably the two most important figures in them blues, their recording were so moving, so penetrating, that they changed things.

Now what happened next?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qaz4Ziw_CfQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 02-16-2020 07:08 PM

A licky boom boom down

njchiefs 02-16-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 14798870)
I'm not scared.

Obviously there are outliers but:

OVERALL:

White and Hispanic people aren't superior at either but a little of both.

Come at me bro.

However, if you tread any further into these waters ... I would leave it alone. No need to “come at” anyone bro.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14798902)
A licky boom boom down

Here ya go man, my fav post war blues tune.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XdfJ7zmgtyA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

candyman 02-16-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798904)
However, if you tread any further into these waters ... I would leave it alone. No need to “come at” anyone bro.

You missed the 'I'm not scared' part...

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798896)
A mobile QB is good in regular season. Get back to me when one wins in the playoffs. Wilson is the only one I can think of lately that has won a super Bowl

Patrick Mahomes isn't a mobile QB?

490 rushing yards in his last two seasons.

Eli 567 yards in 16 seasons, he isn't mobile.

DRM08 02-16-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798896)

Mahomes as well. Led the team in rushing for 2 of the 3 playoff games. In the Super Bowl against a great defense, he had 44 yards rushing until he did a bunch of kneel-down plays to run clock at the end of the game. His legs were a pretty big factor in that Super Bowl. Extended plays and avoided sacks, etc.

njchiefs 02-16-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 14798908)
You missed the 'I'm not scared' part...

I said I would leave it alone. Because it’s a topic that will needlessly piss people off. You can do whatever you want with it.

ThaVirus 02-16-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 14798430)
He’s part Native American to say he’s 100 % black is false

I never claimed he was 100% black. I wouldn't make the claim that anyone is 100% anything.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njchiefs (Post 14798955)
I said I would leave it alone. Because it’s a topic that will needlessly piss people off. You can do whatever you want with it.

Why would it piss anyone off?

Just look at the facts, it's all there.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 08:24 PM

The Olympics will be held in Tokyo later this season, when they line up for the finals in the mens/womens 100m at least 13 of the 16 lanes will have black sprinters in them,just a fact of life. Nothing to get pissed off or excited about, it's just things are.

How many white cornerbacks/runningbacks in the last SB, try....0.

kccrow 02-16-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798555)
Anytine 4/5% of a nations populations dominates anything it's interesting as to how is that is possible, I find it very interesting. You don't have to waste your time on it, right?

There is a thread here about Long John Silvers, being that doesn't interest me I stay out, see how it works?

You can't answer the questions we ask because you're a ****ing idiot and Google can't find the answer for you. But carry on...

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14799011)
You can't answer the questions we ask because you're a ****ing idiot and Google can't find the answer for you. But carry on...

Dude, been into this stuff long before there was a Google, ok? Now what is your problem guy?

Cool the lingo little man, ok?

tredadda 02-16-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798864)
I don't think so, just look at what Wilson has been doing for 8 seasons.

Wilson also has elite level accuracy.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 14799022)
Wilson also has elite level accuracy.

Russell Wilson is the closest thing to the perfect QB we have seen, he is the total package.

cool
smart
mobil
great arm

Fishpicker 02-16-2020 10:06 PM

AAs are much more violent than their counterparts. Its very weird to see people arguing with UV over this. AAs excel at sportified violence. And while they dominate in certain areas, no one roots for them. Not even people who share their same ethnicity can stand them. It is completely genetic. no one can compete with Alcoholics anonymous.

except for maoris
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/MAOA

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 14799103)
AAs are much more violent than their counterparts. Its very weird to see people arguing with UV over this. AAs excel at sportified violence. And while they dominate in certain areas, no one roots for them. Not even people who share their same ethnicity can stand them. It is completely genetic. no one can compete with Alcoholics anonymous.

except for maoris
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/MAOA

Huh?

Fishpicker 02-16-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14799105)
Huh?

you were pointing out that certain athletes were better due to race and i thought it was more due to specific genetic tendencies.

alcoholism is genetic.

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 10:17 PM

Hmmm?

Russell Wilson best Seahawk QB ever

Same can be said about....

Donovan McNabb Eagles
Patrick Mahomes Chiefs
Deshaun Watson Texans
Steve McNair Titans
Warren Moon Oilers
Cam Newton Panthers

Lamar Jackson will end up the best Raven QB with time.

Jewish Rabbi 02-16-2020 10:19 PM

Don’t forget Geno Smith best Jets QB ever

Ubeja Vontell 02-16-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 14799111)
you were pointing out that certain athletes were better due to race and i thought it was more due to specific genetic tendencies.

alcoholism is genetic.

Sleep it off amigo.

Oh Snap 02-16-2020 10:25 PM

Unless lamar jackson starts becoming more of a pocket passer, I think his time in the NFL will be brief. I fully expect him to suffer a gruesome injury at some point. And how he comes back from that will tell you a lot. See Mike Vick when he torn his ACL. Same with RGIII.

Mahomes ran because he had to scramble out of the pocket due to pressure, excellent coverage, or to get an easy first/TD. He is a pass first QB. I do think you need a mobile QB in today's league. But you dont need a lamar jackson type of player.

DRM08 02-16-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 14799118)
Unless lamar jackson starts becoming more of a pocket passer, I think his time in the NFL will be brief. I fully expect him to suffer a gruesome injury at some point. And how he comes back from that will tell you a lot. See Mike Vick when he torn his ACL. Same with RGIII.

Mahomes ran because he had to scramble out of the pocket due to pressure, excellent coverage, or to get an easy first/TD. He is a pass first QB. I do think you need a mobile QB in today's league. But you dont need a lamar jackson type of player.

Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.

Fishpicker 02-16-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14799116)
Sleep it off amigo.

no, your thread topic was about ranking quarterbacks based on skin color. that's disgusting. We're all the same you ****ing bigot. there's no difference you ****ing racist

Oh Snap 02-16-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14799121)
Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.

Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.

DRM08 02-16-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 14799126)
Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.

Cam is a more physical runner. He tries to run over people and puts himself at more risk of taking the big hits. Jackson jukes them out of their shoes and he's great at this. Honestly I think he is more at risk to hurt himself, kinda like Deshaun Watson blew out his knee in a non-contact practice situation.

Oh Snap 02-16-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14798997)
The Olympics will be held in Tokyo later this season, when they line up for the finals in the mens/womens 100m at least 13 of the 16 lanes will have black sprinters in them,just a fact of life. Nothing to get pissed off or excited about, it's just things are.

How many white cornerbacks/runningbacks in the last SB, try....0.

In world strongest man competitions, we see a sport dominated by whites. Does that mean blacks are weaker when it comes to strength sports? Are they just finesse in other words? Perhaps they are better runners and whites are better lifters...perhaps not. Perhaps this has more to do with circumstances than not?

I do think this is more of a race baiting thread than anything. Sports is supposed to unify us. Not divide us. A lot of black people have great genetics. A lot of white people have great genetics. I personally dont care what race you are. If your on the chiefs roster, I'm rooting hard as hell for your success.