ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign free agent CB David Amerson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313979)

KranzDictum 02-18-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13423896)
Veach said he wants youth...not old players nearing the end like Talib.

They also need to go younger to get and stay out of cap hell.

Hoover 02-18-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KranzDictum (Post 13423929)

Not exactly.

Look when you have guys like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Peters, and Jones on rookie deals, you can afford some high priced contracts, so long as the term is short enough or structured in a way to walk away. Now with the Chiefs these young studs allow us to deal with Berry and Houston's contracts as well as some guys on the oline.

So you "could" go out and get a Talib if you wanted to and make it work. I'm just not sure that I would. I'd rather keep investing in the position with draft picks because one can never have enough talent in that position group.

People are also going to have to deal with the teality there there will be some positions in which the Chiefs basically are not going to spend a lot of money on. Like the WR position. Like depth behind Kelce, and if we are being really honest, running back. For all the shit that John Dorsey has received here, and I'll admit some of home town free agent deals sucked, we are in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.

Seriously, the Chiefs that are the only team that has dramatically imporved since the end of the season by trading for Fuller and adding Amerson. Remember when Carl was in charge and it felt like he went on vacation at the begining of the league year? Hell Veach is always working. It's exciting to see. Clark obviously made sure he kept the right guy. Can't wait to watch what this guy does during and around the draft.

farmerchief 02-18-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13423947)
Not exactly.

People are also going to have to deal with the teality there there will be some positions in which the Chiefs basically are not going to spend a lot of money on. Like the WR position. Like depth behind Kelce, and if we are being really honest, running back. For all the shit that John Dorsey has received here, and I'll admit some of home town free agent deals sucked, we are in pretty damn good shape if you ask me.

I agree. I think we are fine at Wr, even if we don't resign Wilson, as we've got some young guys, give them a chance. As far as RB goes, I think we are in fantastic shape if Ware comes back healthy from his injury. Wouldn't hurt to add some TE depth, but honestly if Kelce went down there's nobody in free agency that could replace him(affordable at least). I like what's been done so far with the additions in the secondary. Keep on adding quality players in the secondary, is fine with me. I'd like to see McDougle come back to the area to give some depth at safety.

Hoover 02-18-2018 04:31 PM

They hit the Jackpot on the RB position in my book. Signing both Ware and West to small deals has worked out well. We are stacked at the position IMO, adding Ware into the mix should really help hunt. Still in the late rounds I'd look to keep some youth at the position because lets be honest, Ware and West are probably not going to get the carries or contract they want. If they are reasonable then great, but I doubt it. I view the WR position the same way, keep it young, keep looking for upgrades. Don't waste money.

Coogs 02-18-2018 05:35 PM

I'd be interested in something around the Packers pick at #13. That would maybe give us the choice between Vita Vea or Da'Ron Payne for the middle of the defense. That could make us considerably stronger in both our 3-4 or 2-5 set. In passing downs in the 2-5, we could have one of those two paired with Jones in the middle 2 spots, and Houston and K-Pass on the ends. That should provide a push up the middle and rush off of the edge to make our defense much stronger.

R8RFAN 02-18-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 13421284)
The guy is garbage.

Raider fans were ecstatic when he got cut.

The only good thing about this is that we are not overly committed to him.

A “meh” signing in other words.

He had a few great games and then he went to hell... Raiders got him off the waiver wire and I thought they found a steak dinner in the trash pile.. He probably won't even make your team.

Chiefs=Champions 02-18-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KranzDictum (Post 13423929)

You spend a lot of time obsessing over the chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13424124)
He had a few great games and then he went to hell... Raiders got him off the waiver wire and I thought they found a steak dinner in the trash pile.. He probably won't even make your team.

You don't even watch your team play. How would you know?

Easy 6 02-18-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 13424124)

Jack Del Rio and his motley band of fools couldnt coach a fat kid to eat a cheeseburger

We'll see what Amerson can do on a REAL team

Setsuna 02-18-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13424272)
Jack Del Rio and his motley band of fools couldnt coach a fat kid to eat a cheeseburger

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Riiight.

MVChiefFan 02-18-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL:clap:

SuperBowl4 02-19-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13421208)
We shore up the defense this team will be god damn scary

Sounds like a quote from Bob Sutton trying to justify his job

RealSNR 02-19-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 13424289)

I thought you ****ing hated Jack Del Rio when he was coaching Jackoffville?

aturnis 02-19-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 13422887)
Well, from what I'm reading-he's a bump-n-run man corner. Last year, the Raiders ran mostly zone. So, not playing to his strengths. So, we might be encouraged that Veach went and got him, as it would indicate that perhaps we too are ready to start playing tighter man, bump-n-run again. Last year, admittedly due to injury and just plain lack of depth, we did a lot of goofy zone and off-coverage shit.

So, I'm carefully optimistic. Could be that Fuller, Amerson, and Peters might be a killer man CB trio.

Good bet with how fast QB's were getting rid of the ball against KC. They had to be among three wheat in the league.

aturnis 02-19-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13423519)
No offense but I wish people would stop quoting those ****ing bozos at the Over The Cap. They know absolutely nothing.

They constantly screw up cap numbers and had DJ down for an $8 million dollar cap hit in 2018 because they had no idea that he had a voidable contract.

It's a "fun" site but it's hardly 100% accurate.

This is what I found. They are consistently wrong and Spotrac had more reliable numbers.

ToxSocks 02-19-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO nice

aturnis 02-19-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13423747)
No.

But you probably make your defense better overall by adding an elite pass rusher, or two defensive starters with the draft picks you accrue. You also aren’t doling out huge dollars to a malcontent.

You mean COULD make out better with a lottery pick. Could just as well bust that high in the draft.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 13424289)

**** you, Bortles boy. Your team is not winning shit.

aturnis 02-19-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13423858)
I'm not trading a top corner for a draft pick. It's stupid and you should feel stupid for even suggesting it as a possibility. Veach says he wants to get younger. We have a top 5 corner/ turnover machine in Peters.

Goddamn turnover ATM it seems. 19 INT, 5FF, 5FR (?) in 3 yrs? Dude prints money.

aturnis 02-19-2018 02:09 PM

I hate Del Rio. While he didn't worth out for Jokeland, he OWNED the Chiefs when he was in Jacksonville.

SuperBowl4 02-20-2018 07:54 AM

Who can we get for Bob Sutton?

loochy 02-20-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13425227)
Goddamn turnover ATM it seems. 19 INT, 5FF, 5FR (?) in 3 yrs? Dude prints money.

yeah but national anthem

Shoes 02-21-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 13404694)
David Amerson is a trash can- even though he can move pretty quickly for a trash can, he is still a trash can.

Quote from myself from the other Amerson thread when he was cut.

Depth signing doesn't hurt here and we'll see if Amerson can bounce back but I am not holding my breath. I do like that it is a 1 year deal- Amerson is going to be motivated to earn his next contract.

Can Amerson be any worse than Phillip Gaines? We'll find out.

Couch-Potato 02-21-2018 05:43 PM

So my Uber driver last night was a Raiders fan so I asked him about Amerson, to which he replied instantly "that dude sucks!"

...take it for what it's worth, but I think we still have some work to do at CB.

The Franchise 02-26-2018 11:23 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> CB David Amerson&#39;s 1-year deal breakdown: $500k fully gtd (SB), $1m base, $625k in per game RBs, $125k WO=total $2.25m+incentives.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/968156239271223296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude only got $500k guaranteed.

big nasty kcnut 02-26-2018 11:33 AM

that good deal for us.

rabblerouser 02-26-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13421251)
Taking a wait and see on this one. Is he CB#2 opposite Peters? (Kendall Fuller in slot in nickel, outside in Base).

Is my dream of Kyle Fuller to the Chiefs dead?

No, maybe, and maybe not.

Buehler445 02-26-2018 11:54 AM

I clicked on this thread expecting to see he blew an ACL playing basketball.

lawrenceRaider 02-26-2018 03:43 PM

You now have Amerson starting. Might turn out well for you. He was pretty good his first year in Washington, and his first year in Oakland. His recent injuries and concussion problems have to be a concern though.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-15-2018 11:55 AM

David Amerson says he was told by the Chiefs to be prepared to play “90 percent press” in Kansas City

Strongside 03-15-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 13470897)
David Amerson says he was told by the Chiefs to be prepared to play “90 percent press” in Kansas City

#PassRush

pugsnotdrugs19 03-15-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13470901)
#PassRush

They’re also planning on having multi score leads to help play into a passrush/press coverage scheme.

Strongside 03-15-2018 12:11 PM

That's music to my ears, though. I got so damn sick of watching Peters and whatever sorry sack of shit was playing opposite him line up 12 yards off the ball all year last season.

Sassy Squatch 03-15-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 13470897)

Yeah, okay. Let's see Sutton actually follow through.