ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tamba Hali is upset (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308882)

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12968517)
I don't even care if it's a late shot helmet to helmet and gets suspended for it.

You take the NFL way too seriously.

Good grief.

penbrook 07-22-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12968517)
I don't even care if it's a late shot helmet to helmet and gets suspended for it.

He needs to get up and have Brady's blood dripping from his face mask like he did in Indy

Rasputin 07-22-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968520)
You take the NFL way too seriously.

Good grief.

Internet serious business man ROFL

TLO 07-22-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12968508)
Prove it week one and take Tom Brady over inflated head off.

And the headlines the following week would read

<marquee behavior="alternate" direction="left" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="50">
" Tamba Hali assassinated by mystery man *cough* Von Miller *cough* leaving commissioners office. Film at 11 "</marquee>

penbrook 07-22-2017 03:59 PM

Halis tale on Teicher continues

Replying to @KC_Chiefsfan816 and @adamteicher
He doesn't respect football players. He thinks they are overpaid and not good enough. Never read one article he wrote were he did a grea job

Rasputin 07-22-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12968521)
He needs to get up and have Brady's blood dripping from his face mask like he did in Indy

He needs to literally rip his head off by grabbing his facemask and then hurl it out in the Foxboro crowd in Robert Kraft general direction.

PunkinDrublic 07-22-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12968524)

He doesn't respect football players. He thinks they are overpaid and not good enough. Never read one article he wrote were he did a grea job

Hali unhappy with his role on football team.

-Teicher

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Love it.

penbrook 07-22-2017 04:03 PM

Tamba vs Teicher > Trump vs Fake News

penbrook 07-22-2017 04:05 PM

I'm waiting for the first Houston and Hali sack together. Didn't they destroy Roethlisberger one time like that

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968485)
Then who the **** does he think should be sitting while he plays? Houston?

Dude is ****ing bi-polar. Saw he retweeted a guy who called him out for airing this shit in public.

Dude is failing at Twitter.

The more he rambles on, the more clear it becomes.

He thinks he's owed something over Houston. He thinks he should be starting over Houston.

He started this shit by calling out guys who didn't attend OTA's, while HE did. Looking back, he wasn't talking about Berry or Peters. He was talking about Houston.

He referenced the "business side of football". I think he's stating that the Chiefs are starting Houston because of his contract. Stating that he's not starting because of "business".

He referenced the fact that he's only missed 4 games. Jab at Houston?

He gives a shout out to Ford and says he'll lead the league in sacks? Doesn't mention Houston....you know...the guy who's actually led the league in sacks before?

He was upset about being asked to restructure. I wonder why? Maybe he thinks Houston should be the guy to restructure since he has that massive contract he isn't playing up to?

Hrmmm.....i know im kind of throwing shit at the wall, but i think he may have an issue with the Chiefs preferring Houston over him. He thinks he should start over Houston because he actually showed up to OTA's as a team leader, and has hardly missed any time. He may think Houston doesn't deserve to start over him.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12968536)
I'm waiting for the first Houston and Hali sack together. Didn't they destroy Roethlisberger one time like that

I'm waiting for you to be MU'd, you annoying twat

Baby Lee 07-22-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12968192)
We honestly don't have that one true leader. Maybe Berry but I don't see it. I'm about to say **** it have the young guys like Peters start to step up. He's vocal and is fiery. Kelce is too immature but would be the perfect leader

Peters is keeping his powder dry for his 2nd K in LV.

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Hey, Hali has this one right.

NJChiefsFan 07-22-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12968478)
That's Dorsey for you :) and people here loved him

Are you implying that people shouldn't have loved him? Even with his contract issues he did amazing things with this roster. This revisionist history with Dorsey is getting silly.

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:11 PM

Chiefs' PR Director's head must be spinning right now.

LMAO

RunKC 07-22-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12968544)

LMAO

Yeah if anyone has had it rough this offseason, it's Mark Donovan.

O.city 07-22-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12968537)
The more he rambles on, the more clear it becomes.

He thinks he's owed something over Houston. He thinks he should be starting over Houston.

He started this shit by calling out guys who didn't attend OTA's, while HE did. Looking back, he wasn't talking about Berry or Peters. He was talking about Houston.

He referenced the "business side of football". I think he's stating that the Chiefs are starting Houston because of his contract. Stating that he's not starting because of "business".

He referenced the fact that he's only missed 4 games. Jab at Houston?

He gives a shout out to Ford and says he'll lead the league in sacks? Doesn't mention Houston....you know...the guy who's actually led the league in sacks before?

He was upset about being asked to restructure. I wonder why? Maybe he thinks Houston should be the guy to restructure since he has that massive contract he isn't playing up to?

Hrmmm.....i know im kind of throwing shit at the wall, but i think he may have an issue with the Chiefs preferring Houston over him. He thinks he should start over Houston because he actually showed up to OTA's as a team leader, and has hardly missed any time. He may think Houston doesn't deserve to start over him.

I thought him and Houston were close? Maybe not?

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12968544)

LMAO

I'd imagine Mark Donovan's head exploding right about now.

He and Clark are introducing Brett Veach on Monday and will undoubtedly be asked several times about Hali.

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12968547)
I thought him and Houston were close? Maybe not?

Idk. Like i said, im just chuckin' shit at the wall, but my amateur detective work leads me to believe he thinks he's more entitled to start than Houston is.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-22-2017 04:15 PM

They should play him every snap week 1 against Brady . He'll be crippled for the next 5 games.

O.city 07-22-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12968550)
Idk. Like i said, im just chuckin' shit at the wall, but my amateur detective work leads me to believe he thinks he's more entitled to start than Houston is.

Possible.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:15 PM

For all those saying Hali is trash, be careful what you wish for. Even as his play has declined with age, he still is an effective player that could start on most teams. He has great intangibles, he has ALWAYS BEEN AVAILABLE UNLIKE ANOTHER OLB ON THE ROSTER and you all know Hali has played through pain and injuries. He has been a good mentor to Ford and you know the guy just wants to win and is likely feeling the pressure of wanting to go out as a champion as his career winds down.

Say all you want about the CBA and voluntary workouts: there is a bond that is galvanized when a team is "all in" together for better or worse working together. Hali sees that in some of the elite teams and is likely frustrated that contract talk, missed OTAs and workouts are hurting the team focus. God forbid you fault a guy for wanting to win, and he feels he best helps that by being on the field.

I'm with Tamba here.

penbrook 07-22-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968554)
For all those saying Hali is trash, be careful what you wish for. Even as his play has declined with age, he still is an effective player that could start on most teams. He has great intangibles, he has ALWAYS BEEN AVAILABLE UNLIKE ANOTHER OLB ON THE ROSTER and you all know Hali has played through pain and injuries. He has been a good mentor to Ford and you know the guy just wants to win and is likely feeling the pressure of wanting to go out as a champion as his career winds down.

Say all you want about the CBA and voluntary workouts: there is a bond that is galvanized when a team is "all in" together for better or worse working together. Hali sees that in some of the elite teams and is likely frustrated that contract talk, missed OTAs and workouts are hurting the team focus. God forbid you fault a guy for wanting to win, and he feels he best helps that by being on the field.

I'm with Tamba here.

Me too

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-22-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12968456)
He posted a picture of him with some dudes getting a purple belt or something. Dunno if thats what he's doing at this moment but he seems coherent.

Sure it isn't a purple drink

Bwana 07-22-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

I'm with Tamba here.

I agree with a lot of your post, but the way he is handling it by yapping on twitter is not the way to do things.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-22-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

I'm with Tamba here.

There's a whole lot of truth right here . Good post !

O.city 07-22-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12968558)
I agree with a lot of your post, but the way he is handling it by yapping on twitter is not the way to do things.

Echoes my feelings.

I agree, your leaders need to be there voluntary or not. But it is voluntary so it is what it is.

But don't go having a twitter meltdown on Saturday afternoon before TC starts about it.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12968558)

I'm not crazy about it either, but maybe better to air the dirty laundry now..... it could become a rallying point.

Reerun_KC 07-22-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

I'm with Tamba here.

Yeah. I know a guy that has his jersey. He wants him here too.. even though he should of been cut two years ago.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968563)
it could become a rallying point.

For whom?

Do you really think the rest of the 53 are going to rally around Hali if he isn't the best ROLBer on the roster?

Hali's just making it more difficult for himself. His tweets were childish and stupid.

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

I'm not crazy about it either, but maybe better to air the dirty laundry now..... it could become a rallying point.

It's not like Hali can't call these guys up and discuss it privately.

All this talk about "leaders not showing up" blah blah blah it's just window dressing. The truth is the man feels entitled to a starting position. The only reason he brought up the fact that "leaders" didn't show up was to illustrate the point that HE showed up, therefore HE is putting in more effort, therefore more deserving.

It's not about anything other than that. Everything said around that subject is nothing more than him pleading his case as to why HE thinks he should be starting.

BlackOp 07-22-2017 04:25 PM

Sounds like Hali thinks since KC chose not play him against the Steelers, they are using it as leverage for a salary reduction. He brings up 58 snaps in week one against the 7 in the divisional round. Only money issues would lead him to make these thoughts public...IMO. It's out of character enough for people to think his account was hacked..

He has $8 million reason, right now, to be content and happy...unless.

Go back and re-read his tweets from that perspective.

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Sure, throwing the entire defense under the bus...a rallying point.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12968567)
Sounds like Hali thinks since KC didn't play him against the Steelers, they are using it as leverage for a salary reduction.

He's under contract and under no obligation to renegotiate.

If the Chiefs cut him, the cap charge is in excess of $8 million.

They're not cutting him.

Bwana 07-22-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

I don't know I guess anything is possible, but from where I'm sitting it's a bad look. Rarely does it build unity when someone rips into their coworkers on twitter. Hell in the real world, most people would get shit canned for that.

Hopefully it will blow over.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12968564)
Yeah. I know a guy that has his jersey. He wants him here too.. even though he should of been cut two years ago.

I have two Hali jerseys. Call me a homer. I love everything he represents as a player (except for his little suspension a couple years back... :D)

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12968566)
It's not like Hali can't call these guys up and discuss it privately.

All this talk about "leaders not showing up" blah blah blah it's just window dressing. The truth is the man feels entitled to a starting position.

It's not about anything other than that. Everything said around that subject is nothing more than him pleading his case as to why HE thinks he should be starting.

Funny how he eludes to how championship teams do things...

Well, Tamba...

Belichick would have cut your ass two years ago.

ToxSocks 07-22-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968573)

Well, Tamba...

heh. I know, right.

Bwana 07-22-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Well, Tamba...

You're probably right.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968565)
For whom?

Do you really think the rest of the 53 are going to rally around Hali if he isn't the best ROLBer on the roster?

Hali's just making it more difficult for himself. His tweets were childish and stupid.

Do you believe teams only rally around their best players? Because I can guarantee you that just because a guy might not have padded stats or the biggest contract in the room doesn't mean he can't earn a ton of respect and have a lot of influence on his teammates.

O.city 07-22-2017 04:33 PM

If he does have a lot of influence over teammates, throwing them under the bus on twitter isn't going to be a good thing.

Reerun_KC 07-22-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Well, Tamba...

Exactly.

I'm sick of the emotional signings the chiefs do. Especially the fans that want to win a Superbowl for player X.

Who gives a shit. They are expendable resources... Use them discard them.

BlackOp 07-22-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968570)
He's under contract and under no obligation to renegotiate.

If the Chiefs cut him, the cap charge is in excess of $8 million.

They're not cutting him.

That wouldn't change the scenario where they are asking him to take a pay cut though...and Tamba bringing up the fact he WAS at OTAs unlike the other high-priced LR leaders.

I would be pissed if they tried to chew me down on a contract too...even if I didn't have to take it.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968569)
Sure, throwing the entire defense under the bus...a rallying point.

I didn't read anything that suggests he threw the entire team under the bus. His comments may be pointed at some however, but so be it. Too many here are acting as if Hali is the first athlete to call out his team, players, coaching, or management.

You don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning ever ripped teammates on the sideline, or let alone in meetings? I seem to recall Peyton Manning going public calling out Mike Vanderjagt as just one example. I already said maybe this is not the best approach Hali could have taken, but as a respected veteran he has every right to air his feelings if he feels his concerns are not being taken serious or that certain members of the team need to buy-in more.

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:39 PM

Man, I've always thought our fanbase was a special kind of stupid - but reading these tweets replying to Tamba and encouraging him to continue melting down take the cake.

Terez Paylor is stoking the fire too. Almost seems like he had 1000 words written already to go and just needed to add the quotes from the tweets. Posted to the Star VERY quickly. And similar comments were made on some slapdick podcast that just coincidentally was posted today?

Quote:

Tamba Hali has held his tongue, and his frustration, in for a long time.

The time for that, however, has come to an end, as Hali not only questioned his lack of playing time down the stretch last season in a string of tweets on Saturday — which were authentic, sources told The Star — he also seemed to question a handful of his teammates’ decisions to skip organized team activities on a podcast which posted the same day.

“I’m not going to shy from it — I think it’s important, especially if you’re on our team and you’re one of our leaders — that you should be always there,” Hali said on the Arrowheads Abroad Podcast, which posted Saturday. “I don’t want to say names, but I’ve been there for 12th year, and I haven’t missed one offseason with the Chiefs.

“Whoever is on our team and is expected to be a leader, we need those guys there. Because the younger guys come in and see these guys like, ‘I want to be like him — he’s makes a lot of money and he’s here, he’s working.’ It builds such chemistry for our team. I’ve tried not to talk on it, but it really hurts my feelings because I know how much I love the game and I want those guys to be there so we can all get on the same page and make this run.”

Hali — who also eluded to this belief in a string of Tweets — did not name any of his teammates by name. However, three of the Chiefs’ Pro Bowl defenders — safety Eric Berry, outside linebacker Justin Houston and cornerback Marcus Peters — skipped all of organized team activities, while outside linebacker Dee Ford — who led the team in sacks and pressures a year ago — also skipped part of OTAs.

Meanwhile, Hali and fellow inside linebacker Derrick Johnson — two of the longest-tenured Chiefs — were present during OTAs, despite the fact neither participated in the practices.

“Sometimes, that chemistry is lost when you’re on your own time; you go somewhere else and do your own thing,” he said. “I understand it’s a business, but as far as football goes, when we’re on the field, there’s no business. The business is to get (butt) ... I encourage anyone that’s on our team, that feels they’re a leader, should be around our team, 24/7, when they’re supposed to be there.”

A source told The Star in January that Hali, 33, plans to play four more seasons, and his string of Tweets on Saturday were also indicative of a man who clearly believes he has more in the tank and was annoyed by his usage down the stretch last season after everything he’s given to the organization.

One thing that has stuck in Hali’s craw since January was the fact he logged only seven snaps — 10 fewer than defensive lineman Jarvis Jenkins and five fewer than Frank Zombo — in the Chiefs’ bitterly-dissappointing 18-16 divisional loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“I’m a team player first,” Hali wrote on Twitter. “Anything for the team. Yet I’m not done knocking QB’s heads off but seven plays won’t cut it.”

That seven-snap performance came after he logged an average of 28 snaps in the last four regular-season games, and ranked third on the team in sacks (3 1/2) and pressures (nine) despite playing only 51 percent of the defensive snaps, down from 77 percent a year ago.

“I was told the reason I wasn’t playing was they wanted me fresh for the playoff,” Hali wrote.

Hali also noted that he played 58 snaps in the Chiefs’ season opener — their miraculous 33-27 comeback win over San Diego — and expressed frustration at logging only 15 snaps in a December win over Oakland, in which Houston and Ford logged 68 and 66 snaps, respectively.

“Am I needed in KC anymore?” he wrote.

For the last year and a half, the Chiefs have allowed Hali to sit out practices, which coach Andy Reid has repeatedly desribed in an attempt to save his balky knees.

Hali, however, also made it clear Saturday that he was healthy last season and the year before, and that he had a scope on them — not a major procedure.

“The result of playing for a long time,” he wrote.

So in his mind, using his knees as an excuse for his lack of playing time doesn’t fly.

“I’ve played through all my injuries I’ve acquired throughout my career, not sitting out because I did not feel I wouldn’t be at my best,” he wrote.

Hali then circled back to his years of service for the team, as the five-time Pro Bowler noted that while he’s been a Chief since 2006, he has a lengthy, distinguished record of showing up for workouts, even in the offseason, something he clearly feels should be appreciated.

“I haven’t missed any off-season workouts in 11 years w/the Chiefs,” he wrote. “I’ve played in every game except four in my 11-year career with the Chiefs.”

Hali then circled back to the Chiefs’ noticeable absences during OTAs, insinuating that the Chiefs’ defensive stars should have been there.

“Let’s look at the Super Bowl champs I am sure they had 100% attendance for OTAS AND OFFSEASON WORKOUTS this year,” he wrote, referring to the New England Patriots. “I may be wrong.”

Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release — still made it clear he still wants to be a Chief this season, adding that this year’s team is “stacked” and he’s excited for the season. He just wants to contribute like he knows he can.

“So people are curious if I’m holding out or got cut — no to both,” Hali wrote. “I want to play more.

“I never played for money; please. I’m fed. I want more time on the field. Simple.”

The Chiefs will make chairman Clark Hunt, coach Andy Reid and new general manager Brett Veach available for interviews on Monday.

RunKC 07-22-2017 04:41 PM

Saying it's not about money and then refusing to restructure to help the team financially is just a little hypocritical..

Reerun_KC 07-22-2017 04:43 PM

4 more seasons? $334k to release?

Bye, should of been released after the first tweet.

New World Order 07-22-2017 04:43 PM

Tamba plans to play 4 more seasons?

Maybe if he plays 5 snaps per year

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Well, Tamba...

Leading up to the AFC divisional playoff game two seasons ago, the first player Belichick mentioned as being a concern to game plan against was Tamba Hali. He showered him with praise and I have never heard Belichick as complimentary about a player since Ed Reed. I'll take Bill's opinion on Tamba over most.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968582)
Do you believe teams only rally around their best players? Because I can guarantee you that just because a guy might not have padded stats or the biggest contract in the room doesn't mean he can't earn a ton of respect and have a lot of influence on his teammates.

I think that guys play for themselves and themselves, only.

Hali isn't going to help Peters or Ford or anyone else earn more money, which is the reason that 70% or more of NFL players actually play football.

This "Love of the Game" bullshit is just that: Bullshit.

They play because they can. Period.

BlackOp 07-22-2017 04:45 PM

Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release

Is this true...I dont think it is. It cant be....

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release — still made it clear he still wants to be a Chief this season, adding that this year’s team is “stacked” and he’s excited for the season. He just wants to contribute like he knows he can.

Wait, what?

This HAS to be a mistake.

Rasputin 07-22-2017 04:46 PM

Mr. Tamba Hali is a casualty of retread quarterbacks that have held this team down. Of course I do want to say too bad we didn't have him for the Trent Green years because really all we would have needed was one stop against Peyton Manning no punt game and we would have moved on in the playoffs where no one else could match our offense at that time.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12968597)
4 more seasons? $334k to release?

Bye, should of been released after the first tweet.

:facepalm:

Drinking early today?

Bewbies 07-22-2017 04:46 PM

Tamba vs Teicher is my favorite thing that's happened to the Chiefs since Pioli had to sit outside the office and wait to get fired. LMAO

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968599)
Leading up to the AFC divisional playoff game two seasons ago, the first player Belichick mentioned as being a concern to game plan against was Tamba Hali. He showered him with praise and I have never heard Belichick as complimentary about a player since Ed Reed. I'll take Bill's opinion on Tamba over most.

LMAO

Belichick's never been known to overhype an opposing player.

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12968602)
Despite all that, Hali — who has a $8.5 million cap number this season and would actually to cost the team $333,334 in cap space to release

Is this true...I dont think it is. It cant be....

Yes, it's true

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968603)
Wait, what?

It's correct due to the guaranteed money

O.city 07-22-2017 04:49 PM

I remember hearing the podcast back when that stuff came out but had forgotten about it

O.city 07-22-2017 04:50 PM

So it would only cost them that little to release him?

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12968595)
Saying it's not about money and then refusing to restructure to help the team financially is just a little hypocritical..

Looking at his career production for the Chiefs, he has been underpaid. If we are going to gripe about him finally making some decent coin in his twilight then go ahead and cheer for a team of mercenaries....

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968613)
Looking at his career production for the Chiefs, he has been underpaid. If we are going to gripe about him finally making some decent coin in his twilight then go ahead and cheer for a team of mercenaries....

WTF? He's earned more than $100 million dollars during the course of his career.

You're smokin' crack.

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12968612)

I mistakenly read it that way too.

It means his $8.5 cap hit PLUS another $333k.

Spotrac actually says we'd save $1.2M as his cap number would drop to $7.3 with a post June 1 release - so who knows.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968607)
LMAO

Belichick's never been known to overhype an opposing player.

Good grief.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.arro...ba-hali-chiefs

O.city 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968616)

Spotrac actually says we'd save $1.2M as his cap number would drop to $7.3 with a post June 1 release - so who knows.

Maclin was the June 1 release, iirc you only get1?

BlackOp 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968608)
Yes, it's true

It was worded a little strange...I thought he was saying KC would GAIN 8.1 million by releasing him...and only count $300k against.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12968612)

NOooooooooooooooo!

The Chiefs would immediately have $8.9 million in Dead Cap space with an additional $333,334 Cap Charge.

They have $11.4 in existing Cap Space.

If they released Hali, he'd count $9.25 against the cap, leaving the Chiefs only $2.1 million in cap space.

SAUTO 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968603)
Wait, what?

cost them 330 k more than if they kept him and paid him 8. something.

Is how I took it

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 04:56 PM

Fescoe offered him an open forum on his show Monday, Tamba replied, "Bob, you don't support me"

Which then led to a Paterno/Sandusky kid diddling support argument.

Good Christ.

TLO 07-22-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968605)
:facepalm:

Drinking early today?

Why are you such a dick to so many people on here?

O.city 07-22-2017 04:58 PM

He's still going

Hammock Parties 07-22-2017 04:58 PM

Maybe Hali is just trying to get cut so he can get that phat cash payday now instead of later and destroy his knees.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968616)

If he's outright released, without a June 1 designation, he counts $9.2 against the cap immediately.

If they use the Post June 1 designation, that $9.2 is spread over this season and next season.

So with a Post June 1, he'd count against next year's cap, which is already $2.2 million over with the $11 million rolling into next year. The only way to get rid of his cap number completely is to trade him.

If the Chiefs are really pissed, they can do an NBA Salary Dump (ala Brock Osweiler) and send him to another team, along with a draft pick.

Chief Northman 07-22-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12968615)
WTF? He's earned more than $100 million dollars during the course of his career.

You're smokin' crack.

You are right. Let's instead invest 101 million in Houston for an average of almost $17 million per to not play ever.....

Hunt/Dorsey were the one's on crack.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12968624)
Why are you such a dick to so many people on here?

Hey, why don't you **** off??

planetdoc 07-22-2017 05:00 PM

it would be a bad move to cut tamba.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBCzZQYWsAAMxLV.jpg
he still has 37 pressures from the right side while playing only 53 percent of the snaps

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12968625)
He's still going

Someone from the organization has to have called him by now to tell him to cool it...right?

Trade this mother****er to the CFL for all I care.

O.city 07-22-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12968632)
Someone from the organization has to have called him by now to tell him to cool it...right?

Trade this mother****er to the CFL for all I care.

You would think

Ffs

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12968629)
You are right. Let's instead invest 101 million in Houston for an average of almost $17 million per to not play ever.....

Hunt/Dorsey were the one's on crack.

Yeah, because Houston was injured when he signed that deal.

:rolleyes:

Good god, if you're going to defend your lover, at least come up with a reasonable response.