ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

MagicHef 07-20-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12962586)
Loras is not confirmed dead in the books. He is damaged quite a bit.

To be extremely exact, there are reports that he is very injured. They may be true, or they may not be. They may even be intentionally misleading as a part of the Tyrells' plans against the Lannisters.

ThaVirus 07-20-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12964515)
To be extremely exact, there are reports that he is very injured. They may be true, or they may not be. They may even be intentionally misleading as a part of the Tyrells' plans against the Lannisters.

Ooooh, I like the way you think.

Book Loras is a lot more badass than show Loras.

Discuss Thrower 07-20-2017 12:03 PM

Not a spoiler, but had to throw in tags because of profanity filter rules:

TambaBerry 07-20-2017 12:16 PM

What if Arya goes to Kings Landing, Kills Jaime, takes his face and kills Cersei

The Franchise 07-20-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12964617)
What if Arya goes to Kings Landing, Kills Jaime, takes his face and kills Cersei

Arya isn't going to Kings Landing. I think Arya is going to turn around and head to Winterfell and reunite with Sansa.

Bowser 07-20-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12964648)
Arya isn't going to Kings Landing. I think Arya is going to turn around and head to Winterfell and reunite with Sansa.

I kinda get that feeling. After her feel good run in with Ed Sheeran and his bros, she might reconsider going there. Plus, I find it hard to believe she won't hear news of how Jon and Sansa have retaken Winterfell after they and the Vale crushed the Boltons. She would bee line there as soon as she found that out.

Chiefspants 07-20-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12964704)
I kinda get that feeling. After her feel good run in with Ed Sheeran and his bros, she might reconsider going there. Plus, I find it hard to believe she won't hear news of how Jon and Sansa have retaken Winterfell after they and the Vale crushed the Boltons. She would bee line there as soon as she found that out.

I think she is going to jump for joy when she hears that the brother who gave her needle is now the King of the North.

Swanman 07-20-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12964617)

My money would be on Tyrion killing Cersei. I am not sure if it's said in the show but I think I remember him saying something to the effect of wanting to rape and kill Cersei in the books.

Frazod 07-20-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12964734)
My money would be on Tyrion killing Cersei. I am not sure if it's said in the show but I think I remember him saying something to the effect of wanting to rape and kill Cersei in the books.

I've always thought that Jamie would be the one to end her. They're kind of foreshadowing that as well.

The Franchise 07-20-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12964800)
I've always thought that Jamie would be the one to end her. They're kind of foreshadowing that as well.

The Kingslayer is going to kill her. Guaranteed.

Radar Chief 07-20-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12964507)
In the books he survived, but did the Boltons kill him in the show? I'm having a hard time keeping all these characters in line....

No, he was one of the Lords declaring Jon King in the North at the end of last season.

vailpass 07-20-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12964592)
Not a spoiler, but had to throw in tags because of profanity filter rules:

ROFL

It's made of stucco

Hammock Parties 07-20-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12964805)
The Kingslayer is going to kill her. Guaranteed.

Too obvious.

I think he will try to kill her, and they will end up killing each other. Or she will kill him, and then she offs herself.

arrowheadnation 07-23-2017 09:29 AM

Spoiler!

TambaBerry 07-23-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 12969376)
Spoiler!

If true that's really stupid

rico 07-23-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12964980)
ROFL

It's made of stucco

Holy shit...I work with stucco every night (I work at a place that makes wallboard). It's weird to see it referenced here.

arrowheadnation 07-23-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 12969376)
Spoiler!

Luckily they were wrong.

arrowheadnation 07-23-2017 08:13 PM

As soon as Jon hit the Winterfell gate, Little Finger looking at Sansa like...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFdtv2dXcAIzllx.jpg

mr. tegu 07-23-2017 08:22 PM

Was there something off about the dialogue tonight? It just seemed amateurish or something.

DanBecky 07-23-2017 08:38 PM

REEEEEEEEEK

GloucesterChief 07-23-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12970356)
Was there something off about the dialogue tonight? It just seemed amateurish or something.

Dany sucks everybody down to her level.

keg in kc 07-23-2017 08:54 PM

Pieces soon to be in place for Arya to kill Littlefinger.

arrowheadnation 07-23-2017 09:00 PM

Gotta give Euron Greyjoy credit....THAT was one hell of an entrance.

GloucesterChief 07-23-2017 09:03 PM

Guess the Dorne plot line is done.

RINGLEADER 07-23-2017 09:09 PM

Yeah that settles the Sands vs Horn debate I would guess...

ThaVirus 07-23-2017 09:18 PM

Missandei's body doe! Good Lord. T 'n' A on point.

Thankfully they let the sexy sand snake live. Maybe we'll get to see her tits again as well.

Amnorix 07-23-2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12970428)

Thankfully they let the sexy sand snake live. Maybe we'll get to see her tits again as well.

I thought all the sand snakes bought it, no?

Meanwhile, long live Tyrene's stunning tits!

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Baby Lee 07-23-2017 09:46 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...cil_eraser.jpg

Discuss Thrower 07-23-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

WOOD.

RAIL/NAIL/PLOUGH/SMASH

Frazod 07-23-2017 10:19 PM

So much for Team Theon. Jesus, what a beatdown. :$2500:

ThaVirus 07-23-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12970446)
I thought all the sand snakes bought it, no?

Meanwhile, long live Tyrene's stunning tits!

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

I don't think so. Tyene went to the cabin to protect Ellaria but they were overrun. Ellaria told them to just kill them and be done with it but it's pretty obvious now that they'll be the priceless gift.

It makes no sense that Euron would know they were on the fleet headed to Dorne but whatever.

ThaVirus 07-23-2017 10:48 PM

Theon is such a ****ing bitch.

Shame, too. They were really setting him up for a sweet redemption..

Frazod 07-23-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12970508)

Not brave, but it was the smart play - they would have both died instantly had he charged in.

Baby Lee 07-23-2017 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can I just pause and say how gratifying it was to see this scene, almost exactly as I pictured it clear back when I first about read Arya throwing rocks at Nymeria to shoo her away in aGoT.

ThaVirus 07-23-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12970513)
Not brave, but it was the smart play - they would have both died instantly had he charged in.

He ran away to save his own skin more so than he did to be strategic. He saw his men having their ears and tongues cut off and wanted know part of it.. that's what bothered me, though I know it makes for an interesting story and, honestly, it's probably hella realistic. He'll be dealing with PTSD for the rest of his life.

Dylan 07-24-2017 12:38 AM

The battle scene was chaotic - Now we know that Euron killed two Sand snakes with their own weapons. Most likely Ellaria and Tyene is alive and taken captive by Euron.

Those two darlings will turn out to be the 'priceless gift' for Cersei.

This way Cersei can kill Tyene in front of her mother for murdering Myrcella.

Did Euron kill Yara or take her captive? At the end of the episode, it looked like someone was hanging from the ship.

Discuss Thrower 07-24-2017 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12970508)

... he's got PTSD..

Chiefspants 07-24-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12970588)

Did Euron kill Yara or take her captive? At the end of the episode, it looked like someone was hanging from the ship.

That was a snek.

Dylan 07-24-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12970590)
... he's got PTSD..

...after his uncle called him a 'cockless coward,' he had visions of torture, mutilation and death.

Anyone faced with the same thoughts would have followed him overboard. The hell with that...:D

NewChief 07-24-2017 05:17 AM

So now that Yara's fleet is eliminated and Dorne out of the equation, this makes Dany need Jon a bit more as an ally.

It's kind of awesome, though, because most people from the previews that the burning ships meant that the dragons burned up Euron's fleet. I don't remember if they showed dragons burning his ships in the trailers, but one of the actors had also said that they leaked and showed some false information to throw people off of the real plot.

Frazod 07-24-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12970545)
Can I just pause and say how gratifying it was to see this scene, almost exactly as I pictured it clear back when I first about read Arya throwing rocks at Nymeria to shoo her away in aGoT.

That was awesome. I also really enjoyed her scene with Hot Pie.

Amnorix 07-24-2017 08:36 AM

So there must be more/other ships -- perhaps part of Yara's, that went to King's Landing, right? Else how the hell did the Unsullied get there?

Meanwhile, where the hell are the Dothraki? Dragonstone didn't look that big, or that inviting to horses. There's supposed to be massive horde of them. And they are more or less just missing ATM.

Side question -- where the hell is Jon's dire wolf, Ghost? He didnt' buy it, did he? I don't remember him dying, but I haven't seen him in forever.

You know Nymeria is going to be back, and help Arya in a time of need.

There's what? Just 5 more episodes this season, and 11 left TOTAL across two seasons to wrap all this up? Jesus, 11 hours doesn't seem like enough time, but it's more than the running time of the entire Lord of the Rings movies, so...

mdchiefsfan 07-24-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12970693)
So there must be more/other ships -- perhaps part of Yara's, that went to King's Landing, right? Else how the hell did the Unsullied get there?

Meanwhile, where the hell are the Dothraki? Dragonstone didn't look that big, or that inviting to horses. There's supposed to be massive horde of them. And they are more or less just missing ATM.

Side question -- where the hell is Jon's dire wolf, Ghost? He didnt' buy it, did he? I don't remember him dying, but I haven't seen him in forever.

There's what? Just 5 more episodes this season, and 11 left TOTAL across two seasons to wrap all this up? Jesus, 11 hours doesn't seem like enough time, but it's more than the running time of the entire Lord of the Rings movies, so...

Wasn't Ghost killed with Jon when the Night's Watch assassinated him?

Frazod 07-24-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12970695)

No. He was in the room when Jon came back to life.

Sorce 07-24-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12970695)

I remember there being stories about due to budget constraints they could either have Wun Wun or Ghost in the battle of the bastards. I assume that Ghost is hanging out at winterfell off camera.

DJ's left nut 07-24-2017 09:44 AM

The wolf that 'plays' Ghost is dead.

But that's not that big a deal; it's not like ghost had any markings to speak of. Would've been difficult if they didn't still have Nymeria to work with - that one is very distinct.

But if they want to bring back ghost (not sure what purpose he serves but fan service at this point), they easily could.

RustShack 07-24-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12970693)

Aren't the dorthraki going to Casterly Rock with the unsullied? They said they didn't want the dorthraki going to Kingslanding if you watched the show.

Also just because we haven't seen ghost in a few episodes doesn't mean he's dead(although the "actor" is). We haven't seen Gendry since season three and he's still got a role to play.

The Franchise 07-24-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12970830)
Aren't the dorthraki going to Casterly Rock with the unsullied? They said they didn't want the dorthraki going to Kingslanding if you watched the show.

Also just because we haven't seen ghost in a few episodes doesn't mean he's dead(although the "actor" is). We haven't seen Gendry since season three and he's still got a role to play.

I believe it's just the Unsullied going to the Rock. My assumption is that the Dothraki are there protecting Dany.

lcarus 07-24-2017 10:33 AM

So are they going to sail all the way around the continent to get to Casterly Rock? Or do they plan on marching across the landscape?

ToxSocks 07-24-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12970614)
So now that Yara's fleet is eliminated and Dorne out of the equation, this makes Dany need Jon a bit more as an ally.

It's kind of awesome, though, because most people from the previews that the burning ships meant that the dragons burned up Euron's fleet. I don't remember if they showed dragons burning his ships in the trailers, but one of the actors had also said that they leaked and showed some false information to throw people off of the real plot.

I think Euron wrecking shit was pretty much foreshadowed. I'm glad Euron wrecked as hard as he did. The show needed a badass mother****er since they've been killing off all the bad ass mother****ers.

Euron fan here (now). I was also a huge Ramsay Bolton fan. I love me some badass psychopaths.

It's gonna suck to see those pretty Dornish girls get raped and tortured though.

Also, i agree with others. There's more plot holes through two episodes of this season than what we'd see in the entirety of previous seasons.

patteeu 07-24-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan (Post 12970588)
This way Cersei can kill Tyene in front of her mother for murdering Myrcella.

Good call.

L.A. Chieffan 07-24-2017 11:48 AM

Show needs more Bronn...or more humor in general.

Also wtf happened to Gendry? He's been on a boat to Kings Landing for like 4 years. Did the actor die in RL or something?

MagicHef 07-24-2017 12:30 PM

Littlefinger better do something quick, as Jon likely will find out from Tyrion what he did to Ned.

kysirsoze 07-24-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12971041)
Littlefinger better do something quick, as Jon likely will find out from Tyrion what he did to Ned.

This was my thought and why I think Littlefinger is going to make his move rather quickly.

underEJ 07-24-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12970947)
The show needed a badass mother****er since they've been killing off all the bad ass mother****ers.

Euron fan here (now).

Also, i agree with others. There's more plot holes through two episodes of this season than what we'd see in the entirety of previous seasons.

Agree! I was annoyed by his miracle fleet of 1000 ships at first, but somebody needed to kick up some embers. The fire was going out. I think the constant defeating of so many armies/groups/families to the point of ruin over the years has left them with very few realistic armies in Westeros. Dany was coming with a dominant force and I'm just going to have to let realism go and accept the magic fleet and the Tarly army turning on the Tyrells, even though in tradition of the kingdoms, Warden of the South really shouldn't be enough to entice a man like Tarly to turn without a royal marriage for his son available, and I can't imagine Dickon marrying Cersei, but if she turns down Euron again, I guess it is possible. They did recast an older actor for him. The Lannisters seem to have war proof numbers somehow over years of fighting, How can North get some of that magic?

Is Dorne out of it? The Martells are gone and the Sand snakes will be gone soon. The only other Dornish House mentioned in the show at all is the Daynes and we've seen nothing of them in the current time. The army wasn't destroyed though, but it may be a show simplification to just leave them out now.

Loved the Nymeria connect, and the callback to "That's not me." Also loved the callback when Jon told Littlefinger "You don't belong down here" after all his crypt dreams and not feeling like he belongs there.

Fish 07-24-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 12970995)
Show needs more Bronn...or more humor in general.

Also wtf happened to Gendry? He's been on a boat to Kings Landing for like 4 years. Did the actor die in RL or something?

http://i.imgur.com/vM2UdNd.jpg

The Franchise 07-24-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12971041)

Arya will kill him.

ToxSocks 07-24-2017 12:53 PM

I never read the books, but in the show the Dornish are a bunch of pussies. They've never been a threat to anyone. The Sand Snakes weren't bad ass at all.

They got 2v1'd by Euron, and then captured by some basic ass soldiers?

So disappointing.

MagicHef 07-24-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12971058)
Arya will kill him.

His end will come quickly unless he changes his situation very soon. Tyrion, Sandor, and probably Bran all know he betrayed Ned.

Of course, everyone could forget just like they forgot that Jon used to be dead, or like Dany forgot that Varys was on a ship with him for months.

underEJ 07-24-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12971077)
I never read the books, but in the show the Dornish are a bunch of pussies. They've never been a threat to anyone. The Sand Snakes weren't bad ass at all.

They got 2v1'd by Euron, and then captured by some basic ass soldiers?

So disappointing.

Most book readers hate the Dornish portrayal in the show. Only Oberyn Martell and Arthur Dayne are any good at all, and Dayne was only there for a flashback. They don't suck in the books, except for one or two. They suck in the show because most of their storylines got left out. The revenge for Elia Martell storyline really only worked for Oberyn and then everybody else was stupid, especially Ellaria.

Disappointing across the board, and I guess probably best left out for the duration.

DJ's left nut 07-24-2017 02:15 PM

Gerold Dayne could've been a very interesting show character but they skipped him outright.

There were some fairly cool Dornish moments in the books but ultimately nothing that's actually necessary. Frankly, to this point, they could've been skipped altogether and nobody would've noticed. Everything they've tried has failed and I can't see how they've influenced any outcomes at all.

raybec 4 07-24-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12971199)
Gerold Dayne could've been a very interesting show character but they skipped him outright.

There were some fairly cool Dornish moments in the books but ultimately nothing that's actually necessary. Frankly, to this point, they could've been skipped altogether and nobody would've noticed. Everything they've tried has failed and I can't see how they've influenced any outcomes at all.

If they were going to put Darkstar in the show at all, they should have had him cut Myrcella's ear off. That would've at least shown what a bad ass Aerio Hotah was supposed to be. Way to bad ass to be killed by the god damn sand snakes.

DJ's left nut 07-24-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12971212)
If they were going to put Darkstar in the show at all, they should have had him cut Myrcella's ear off. That would've at least shown what a bad ass Aerio Hotah was supposed to be. Way to bad ass to be killed by the god damn sand snakes.

Getting stabbed in the back, no less.

Yeah, the show should've bypassed dorne altogether if they were going to **** it up this badly.

There are some neat elements of Dorne; hell, Prince Doran didn't even suck that badly in the books. The show just mangled them badly.

vailpass 07-24-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Yes X 100. Girlfriend is F-I-N-E fine.
But that story line where she gets nekkid with the eunuch is sooooo bad. I just don't get it.

TambaBerry 07-24-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12971360)
Yes X 100. Girlfriend is F-I-N-E fine.
But that story line where she gets nekkid with the eunuch is sooooo bad. I just don't get it.

Um what? They love each other, he's leaving for casterly rock, he's showing he is more then just a soldier.

vailpass 07-24-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12971364)
Um what? They love each other, he's leaving for casterly rock, he's showing he is more then just a soldier.

Oh dear God.

Hammock Parties 07-24-2017 04:06 PM

Casterly Rock is about to get ****ed by castrated men.

https://m0.joe.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...0312/CRock.jpg

How much of Dany's fleet got ****ed up BTW? Half?

https://m0.joe.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...4150239/GW.jpg

GloucesterChief 07-24-2017 04:41 PM

Actually, the only time we have seen the Unsullied in urban combat they have sucked at it. Broke formation to attack people wielding daggers instead of using the superior reach of their spears.

lcarus 07-24-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12971481)
Actually, the only time we have seen the Unsullied in urban combat they have sucked at it. Broke formation to attack people wielding daggers instead of using the superior reach of their spears.

They don't get enough practice using spears. :)

arrowheadnation 07-24-2017 06:41 PM

Considering that Littlefinger instigating the death of John Arryn set all of the events of this entire show into motion, I actually see him as villain #1. If he goes out, I doubt it's like a bitch. I could see Bran warging into Ghost and killing him or something like that.

GloucesterChief 07-24-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 12971686)
Considering that Littlefinger instigating the death of John Arryn set all of the events of this entire show into motion, I actually see him as villain #1. If he goes out, I doubt it's like a bitch. I could see Bran warging into Ghost and killing him or something like that.

Sort of. His goal was simply to remove Ned by getting him to take the black. That is why it shocked everybody when Joffery decided to execute him instead.

Basically, the whole thing got kicked off because Littlefinger underestimated how much of a sociopath Joffery was.

vailpass 07-24-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12971705)
Sort of. His goal was simply to remove Ned by getting him to take the black. That is why it shocked everybody when Joffery decided to execute him instead.

Basically, the whole thing got kicked off because Littlefinger underestimated how much of a sociopath Joffery was.

True. But that's enough to get him on Aria's shit list. Not to mention him pimping Sansa out to Ramsey for a rape fest. John Snow, Catlyn, any man of the North would do him for that.

RustShack 07-24-2017 07:37 PM

Arya will kill littlefinger when she reaches winterfell.

keg in kc 07-24-2017 07:49 PM

For me everything related to Dorne has been horrible the entire series, but at this point we're really just getting crazy expensive Ice and Fire fan fiction every week. Going at least as far back as season 5. And I'm fine with that, so long as there isn't too much fan service like 'oh you mis-translated that, it's actually the Prince or Princess who was promised.'

I can't wait to read the new books. If we ever get to. I don't think they'll resemble the tv series much at all aside from some obvious overall story arc stuff.

mr. tegu 07-24-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12971086)
His end will come quickly unless he changes his situation very soon. Tyrion, Sandor, and probably Bran all know he betrayed Ned.

Of course, everyone could forget just like they forgot that Jon used to be dead, or like Dany forgot that Varys was on a ship with him for months.

That whole thing with Varys and Dany was very jarring and immediately took me out of the episode. Not well timed at all. I feel like they are trying way too hard to all of the sudden create discord among Dany's group just for the sake of making it a little more dramatic.

Sorter 07-24-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12971861)
For me everything related to Dorne has been horrible the entire series, but at this point we're really just getting crazy expensive Ice and Fire fan fiction every week. Going at least as far back as season 5. And I'm fine with that, so long as there isn't too much fan service like 'oh you mis-translated that, it's actually the Prince or Princess who was promised.'

I can't wait to read the new books. If we ever get to. I don't think they'll resemble the tv series much at all aside from some obvious overall story arc stuff.

Agreed.

I can only hope that they continue to build Euron as a villain for the final season.

mr. tegu 07-24-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12971947)
Agreed.

I can only hope that they continue to build Euron as a villain for the final season.

Am I the only one thinking the final season will be mostly white walker stuff with some squabbles here and there about how the houses should handle them? I feel like the throne will be settled this season.

chiefzilla1501 07-24-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12971890)
That whole thing with Varys and Dany was very jarring and immediately took me out of the episode. Not well timed at all. I feel like they are trying way too hard to all of the sudden create discord among Dany's group just for the sake of making it a little more dramatic.

I didn't think so. I thought the episode wrapped up a furious amount of loose ends in one tiny episode. Lots of characters are meeting for the first time. Funny to think Arya just found out Jon is king of the north.

Sorter 07-24-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12971988)
Am I the only one thinking the final season will be mostly white walker stuff with some squabbles here and there about how the houses should handle them? I feel like the throne will be settled this season.

I think the show will end in a similar manner.

RustShack 07-24-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12971988)

I think the throne will be irrelevant once everyone else realizes what's actually happening. Cersei will be killed and the attention will be turned north before anyone is crowned.