ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2017 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306604)

staylor26 03-21-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12792524)
Check out this DL I just completed.

The Miami Dolphins select Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State.

Damn it. There goes my Raiders pick. He's a reach according to some, but he's this years Chris Jones if he does fall. Given that this years DL class is nowhere near as good, he's worth the risk IMO.

RealSNR 03-21-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12792430)
At least he won't be taking an ILB at #7. :)

I hope you get violently ill.

Woah, my wish came true! Sweet!

staylor26 03-21-2017 06:51 PM

Did somebody pm the condescending prick?

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 07:03 PM

I want to get us to Chiefs pick

Titty Meat 03-21-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12792525)
Damn it. There goes my Raiders pick. He's a reach according to some, but he's this years Chris Jones if he does fall. Given that this years DL class is nowhere near as good, he's worth the risk IMO.

I think this is who the Chiefs draft IRL

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 07:15 PM

Don't worry DJ I pmd the next person

chiefscafan 03-21-2017 07:16 PM

you guys are forgetting Tennessee signed the CB from Pats too

O.city 03-21-2017 07:30 PM

So I was a little torn here with the Giants. The defense played well last year, could use some more athletes in the front 7. The offense, could obviously use some more buzz and my QB is aging.

In the end, I could pass up on offense

the NY Giants select David Njoku, TE Miami

Paired with my WR's, Njoku fits well with all the 3 wr sets my HC likes.

The Franchise 03-21-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12792658)
So I was a little torn here with the Giants. The defense played well last year, could use some more athletes in the front 7. The offense, could obviously use some more buzz and my QB is aging.

In the end, I could pass up on offense

the NY Giants select David Njoku, TE Miami

Paired with my WR's, Njoku fits well with all the 3 wr sets my HC likes.

You don't have to be a dick about it.

TambaBerry 03-21-2017 08:09 PM

Not a bad pick, I'd think they would go with one of the stud defenders left though. More weapons for Eli is never bad though

O.city 03-21-2017 08:18 PM

There were some good defenders I had my eye on, but I think njoku could end up being a kelce type te.

staylor26 03-21-2017 08:28 PM

The Oakland Raiders select Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

Need combined with a weak DL class leads to me taking Brantley a little bit earlier than I would like. The interior of the Raiders defense was awful last year, and they really need an interior pass rusher. Brantley can be that guy while also helping their poor run d.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 09:30 PM

I'm conflicted here...

The Franchise 03-21-2017 09:37 PM

You're supposed to take what you would take as the Houston GM. Not pass on a guy because you want him to be there for the Chiefs.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12792781)
You're supposed to take what you would take as the Houston GM. Not pass on a guy because you want him to be there for the Chiefs.

Oh, so that's how it's supposed to go.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-21-2017 10:04 PM

The Houston Texans select Garett Bolles, OT, Utah.

After serious consideration to either boosting the offense with another multi-faceted weapon, or develop a future QB, Rick Smith goes against the grain to solidify a position of concern.

With Duane Brown struggling to stay healthy with age, and Derek Newton recovering from blowing out BOTH patella tendons, the Texans choose the best course of action going forward is to rebuild a pocket for whoever end up behind center. If all remain healthy, Houston now has a serviceable-to-good OL, but if not, they at least secured a tackle right before the OT market drops off within the draft.

CleveSteve 03-21-2017 10:48 PM

Western Kentucky?

The Franchise 03-21-2017 10:59 PM

How'd you **** up the only Utah player in a Sac memorial draft?

RealSNR 03-21-2017 11:15 PM

Also spelled his name wrong

Direckshun 03-21-2017 11:38 PM

Sac wouldn't give a shit.

Sac would have posted a five paragraph cursing-fest that Bolles isn't a consensus top 10 player on this forum, replete with jpegs and Pro Day results.

Direckshun 03-21-2017 11:40 PM

I'll also put this here:

Somebody created a quickly banned mult a few weeks ago called "Sac's Dirt Nap" or something like that. It was quickly banned, and people expressed outrage.

But based on his behavior on this board, am I alone thinking that he would have been perfectly amused by that idea? Guy had a ****ed up, excellent sense of humor.

kccrow 03-22-2017 03:25 AM

The Seattle Seahawks select Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA.

TambaBerry 03-22-2017 05:51 AM

Oh shit we're here for the Chiefs pick

RealSNR 03-22-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12792881)
I'll also put this here:

Somebody created a quickly banned mult a few weeks ago called "Sac's Dirt Nap" or something like that. It was quickly banned, and people expressed outrage.

But based on his behavior on this board, am I alone thinking that he would have been perfectly amused by that idea? Guy had a ****ed up, excellent sense of humor.

I was more pissed because it was Baby Lee doing it and the fact that he chose to do it just to defend his boyfriend Alex Smith.

I called it ****ed up and wanted to leave it, but Baby Lee being Baby Lee had to lawyer his way around it with sophistry and stupid ****ing Friends gifs or whatever shitty sitcoms from the 90s he ****ing loves.

It's okay. He eventually got caught in his logic that he actually DID do the Sac Snooze thing over Alex Smith. That's all I wanted him to ****ing admit.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-22-2017 06:31 AM

Oof, my bad guys... Blame that one on the couple of Four Roses Old Fashioneds and Dallas Blonde ales.

BossChief 03-22-2017 06:42 AM

Well guys, sometimes need meets availability and the only reason a talent like this is available at the end of the first is the fact he needs to be taught a pro style offense. The tools to be a top level starter in the NFL are clearly there. Pairing him with a great teacher like Andy Reid and with a huge staff of coaches to help him learn the nuances of the position (as well as a smart QB as the starter that prepares like a real professional) will help this kid be the Chiefs starting QB that leads them to a Super Bowl title between 2018-2030.

With the 27th pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft, The Kansas City Chiefs select Pat Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech.

The Dallas Cowboys are on the clock!

Direckshun 03-22-2017 06:46 AM

I want ChiefsAshHole to admit he purposefully passed on Mahomes for the Texans.

Who would you have picked, BossChief, if Mahomes was not available?

We'll put Bolles back on the board, to further complicate your choice.

BossChief 03-22-2017 07:02 AM

If Mahomes wasn't there, it was a split between Adoree Jackson, Taco Charlton and Derek Barnett for the pick.

I'm also a big fan of TJ Watt, Montravious Adams and Obi Melifonwo and might have gambled a little and taken one of them.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-22-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12792940)
I want ChiefsAshHole to admit he purposefully passed on Mahomes for the Texans.

Who would you have picked, BossChief, if Mahomes was not available?

We'll put Bolles back on the board, to further complicate your choice.

Dont get me wrong, I really really hope the Chiefs go Mahomes. Honestly though as a Houstonian and having seen more Texans than Chiefs games last year, QB was absolutely a weakness for Hou, but I'd say objective #1 would have to be secure a RT and a guy to replace Brown in the future. Newton literally tore both patella's on one play, had to get both of them air-casted, and got carted off. Plus, I think they're getting Romo and like what Savage offers. Just seems like the smart move to me honestly.

ChiefAshhole1056 03-22-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792950)
If Mahomes wasn't there, it was a split between Adoree Jackson, Taco Charlton and Derek Barnett for the pick.

I'm also a big fan of TJ Watt, Montravious Adams and Obi Melifonwo and might have gambled a little and taken one of them.

Damn, looks like it would've been another trade down situation. Sounds like we have found out the worst case scenario for KC imo.

Direckshun 03-22-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12792950)

I think Barnett would have been killer value. I really like Jackson, too, though.

BossChief 03-22-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12792977)
I think Barnett would have been killer value. I really like Jackson, too, though.

Any of those guys would have been killer value and would really help KC.

So, you guys need to pass on those guys so they fall to KC in the 2nd, k? Thx!

Marco Polo 03-22-2017 08:01 AM

The Cowboys feel like they just won the lottery. They get the #3 overall guy on their board that falls to their lap at #28. He can be projected at one of two positions so they are drafting his talent and figuring out where they position him later.

The Dallas Cowboys select Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee.

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 08:05 AM

****! I was hoping Barnett would fall to me. There's 3 guys I equally like gonna take a dump and figure out which one to draft. Brb.

Sfeihc 03-22-2017 08:06 AM

Well done, Marco. Barnett & that Irving kid they poached off the practice squad is a nice pairing @ DE.

I had difficulty passing on Barnett with Balty & the Skins. I was shocked to still see him on the board at 16.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 08:14 AM

I'm a dumbass

staylor26 03-22-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12793009)
The Green Bay Packers select: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State

Nelson, Cobb, Bennett, Cook.

Best offense in the league.

He got picked already by the Eagles LMAO

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 08:19 AM

**** me.

Packers Select TJ Watt, OLB ,Wisconsin

BossChief 03-22-2017 08:24 AM

JFC billay

I knew you were gonna take Watt, too...but I'm not sure that's a good fit with them having Clay Matthews already and the ink on Perrys new deal still drying. Really good player, but how does he get on the field?

ct 03-22-2017 08:30 AM

lol, it's like magic

i always enjoy reading the mocks, learn a TON from you guys

but...c'mon man!

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12793023)
JFC billay

I knew you were gonna take Watt, too...but I'm not sure that's a good fit with them having Clay Matthews already and the ink on Perrys new deal still drying. Really good player, but how does he get on the field?

Matthew's only had 5 sacks last year and can swing inside. Watt is replacing Peppers. The Packers dont have alot of holes. I could have taken Jackson but they brought back house and drafted a CB in the 1st and 3rd rounds in recent drafts. Lamp would have been a reach. Another excellent pass rusher at the end of the first is great value. Added plus Cheese heads will love this pick and will be the most popular Packers player other than Rodgers.

RealSNR 03-22-2017 08:34 AM

Didn't realize Cook had been doubled up.

Steelers will take this consolation prize. A lot of scouts were saying this guy was actually the best pass rusher on the team as a freshmen back when he played next to Dee Ford. After a fully healthy year, I don't think the guy is made of glass, either. Sometimes it just takes one complete season to make the difference.

Pittsburgh selects Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn

RealSNR 03-22-2017 08:37 AM

PM has been sent to Fat Scott in Atlanta

RealSNR 03-22-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12793039)
Matthew's only had 5 sacks last year and can swing inside. Watt is replacing Peppers. The Packers dont have alot of holes. I could have taken Jackson but they brought back house and drafted a CB in the 1st and 3rd rounds in recent drafts. Lamp would have been a reach. Another excellent pass rusher at the end of the first is great value. Added plus Cheese heads will love this pick and will be the most popular Packers player other than Rodgers.

Exactly. The Chiefs are in a similar position, where they need that 3rd passrusher. Watt makes a ton of sense for the Packers.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12792965)
Damn, looks like it would've been another trade down situation. Sounds like we have found out the worst case scenario for KC imo.

Barnett would've been a good get there, IMO. Kizer would've been worth grabbing as well.

The Franchise 03-22-2017 08:51 AM

Yeah....I'm taking Kizer and not looking back. Even if he takes two years to get on the field...you still have the 5th year option.

RealSNR 03-22-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12793055)
Barnett would've been a good get there, IMO. Kizer would've been worth grabbing as well.

I don't think I would have been able to withstand the allure of getting Barnett there.

Mahomes makes the most sense of the non-Trubisky QBs for KC if we're going to take one in the 1st. I'd probably take him over my boy Watt if we had to choose, but if it's Barnett? I'm taking Barnett and hoping Davis Webb is still there in the 2nd.

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 08:57 AM

I would have taken Barnett with that Chiefs pick. Hali and Zambo are done. Not sure Ford is worth what he'll get as a free agent.

BossChief 03-22-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12793055)

Believe me, I was close to going that route. Very close.

I guess I'm just sold on Mahomes as this teams future starter so much that it was worth waiting on other positions that have more depth to take him. Plus I'm not as sold on the QBs that would be available in the second round, either.

If KC doesn't find a future front line starting QB in this draft, they would probably need to give Alex Smith another extension to avoid next years huge cap chunk. Drafting Mahomes now gives the team lots of flexibility.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12793078)
Believe me, I was close to going that route. Very close.

I guess I'm just sold on Mahomes as this teams future starter so much that it was worth waiting on other positions that have more depth to take him. Plus I'm not as sold on the QBs that would be available in the second round, either.

If KC doesn't find a future front line starting QB in this draft, they would probably need to give Alex Smith another extension to avoid next years huge cap chunk. Drafting Mahomes now gives the team lots of flexibility.

Yeah, with Mahomes on the board, that's where I'd have gone.

I was speaking to the assertion that Houston taking Mahomes would've been the 'nightmare scenario' that necessitated a trade-back. I don't see it. Barnett would've been a great pick if Mahomes was gone and Kizer would've been plenty defensible.

This mock really hasn't had any 'huh' moments. Bolles to Houston really isn't that far-fetched, to be honest. And even if they did take Mahomes, look at the other picks and tell me that any of them are unlikely (or at the very least, that any of the players selected are sure not to be selected that early).

It tells me that there should still be some damn good talent sitting there for us, either one of the 4 QBs (3, IMO, as I'm still not a Watson guy) or a player like Barnett that has slid because of the QB picks.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12793076)
I would have taken Barnett with that Chiefs pick. Hali and Zambo are done. Not sure Ford is worth what he'll get as a free agent.

Still an extremely deep draft for edge rushers. There's going to be a player taken in the 2nd round that hits double digit sacks in the next 3 years. It's up to the scouts to figure out who that will be.

And as for FA value - absolutely nothing will help our cap more than 4 years of a quarterback on a rookie wage scale. It's the ultimate get out of jail free card.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12793069)
I don't think I would have been able to withstand the allure of getting Barnett there.

Mahomes makes the most sense of the non-Trubisky QBs for KC if we're going to take one in the 1st. I'd probably take him over my boy Watt if we had to choose, but if it's Barnett? I'm taking Barnett and hoping Davis Webb is still there in the 2nd.

Barnett, Humphreys and Njoku were the 3 guys I really liked at that Denver pick. Barnett and Humphreys due to raw value and Njoku on potential.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 09:33 AM

Cleveland's next celebrity draft pick announcer is sure to cause a stir.

We're really debating on our pick. We have several great choices.

CleveSteve 03-22-2017 09:34 AM

:hmmm: would be great if the guy I considered reaching for at 8 fell to #40

Sfeihc 03-22-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12793014)
He got picked already by the Eagles LMAO

Might as well just get banned at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rain Man 03-22-2017 09:48 AM

Pioli can't seem to make up his mind. Just take a draft bust and get it over with, Scott. Or give the pick to me since I'm running New England and we'll end up with it anyway.

Titty Meat 03-22-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12793126)
Pioli can't seem to make up his mind. Just take a draft bust and get it over with, Scott. Or give the pick to me since I'm running New England and we'll end up with it anyway.

He's on the phone trying to offer the pick to KC for 1 of his former players.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 09:57 AM

My celebrity draft picker is starting to get antsy. Celebrities have tight schedules and the limo is waiting.

Hoover 03-22-2017 10:37 AM

With the 31st pick in the NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons Select, Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 10:38 AM

Good pick. He was on Cleveland's radar. Go ahead and assume that's a compliment.

RealSNR 03-22-2017 10:40 AM

Nice pick. I would have done that for Pittsburgh, but I think Lawson is a better fit at OLB than Charlton. It makes a lot more sense for him to stay in the 4-3 in the pros.

Hoover 03-22-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12793192)
Good pick. He was on Cleveland's radar. Go ahead and assume that's a compliment.

Easy pick to make for the Falcons IMO.

Sorry for the delay, I'm essentially on call 24/7 for a client, so I can't really control my own schedule or life, except for the late night hours!

Hoover 03-22-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12793196)
Nice pick. I would have done that for Pittsburgh, but I think Lawson is a better fit at OLB than Charlton. It makes a lot more sense for him to stay in the 4-3 in the pros.

That and they run a hybrid, so maybe they can kick someone else inside for some depth. Taco's size raw talent is just something you don't think you are going to get at the end of the first. Such a good defensive draft class.

BossChief 03-22-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12793190)
With the 31st pick in the NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons Select, Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan.

Great pick. Beasley and Taco are a nice little 1-2 punch in the pass rush.

staylor26 03-22-2017 10:51 AM

The New Orleans Saints select Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA

I was hoping for Barnett or Charlton, but I would've been happy with any of these 3 at 32. The Saints need another edge rusher across from Jordan badly, and McKinley gives them a guy with great speed/burst to get after QB's. If Rankins breaks out, this Saints defense, in particular the pass rush, should improve greatly.

chiefscafan 03-22-2017 10:51 AM

Boss I love the chiefs pick as you said it's open up money and gives this team a future. I trust Reid's staff to fix the feet . As I said on another thread I watched his and Kizer combine and I think it's all bout foot placement.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 10:53 AM

New Orleans just made Cleveland's decision easy. We were debating between McKinley and another player.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 10:56 AM

The door swings open, and the room falls silent. Chatter stops and eyes open wide as the most beautiful native of Cleveland enters the room and sashays to the podium.

Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you Cleveland's own ... HALLE BERRY!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9db3db49a2.jpg

CleveSteve 03-22-2017 10:58 AM

man you guys sure had a run on pass rushers there.

BossChief 03-22-2017 10:59 AM

ROFL

Rainman is just killing it.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 11:00 AM

Wearing a low-cut top that creates more jiggle than a Tim Couch pass, Halle steps to the podium and opens the envelope as the fans of all 32 teams stare open-mouthed.

chiefscafan 03-22-2017 11:00 AM

I'm in love with Halie

Good Call

staylor26 03-22-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12793222)
man you guys sure had a run on pass rushers there.

They all fell further than expected. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 11:02 AM

With the 2-33 pick of the 2017 NFL Annual Player Selection Meeting, the Cleveland Browns select Budda Baker, Free Safety, University of Washington.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 11:04 AM

Cleveland was tempted by the pass rushers, and particularly Takkarist McKinley, but we need that less than we need an upgrade at safety. Budda was deemed to be a safe pick who can stick with the team for the long run as we rise toward dominance, and who will benefit from the Myles Garrett pass rush.

staylor26 03-22-2017 11:07 AM

Another good pick Rain Man

The Franchise 03-22-2017 11:08 AM

If I'm the 49ers here.....I go Kizer.

Rain Man 03-22-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12793244)
Another good pick Rain Man

I was worried that it was a bit of a reach and that I should go with McKinley from a talent upside perspective, but at the same time I thought Budda would be a bigger upgrade over my existing talent on the field. I'm glad you made my decision for me.

BossChief 03-22-2017 11:16 AM

This is going to be a very interesting draft.

What does Forsey do if a couple blue chip defenders are on the board and a team in the top 10 of the second round calls wanting to move to 27 and is offering next years first and this years second with only having to give them 27 and this years fourth in return?

What if Mahomes or somebody else is the only QB they like in the draft? Take him and pass on a trade or drafting a blue chip guy?

I have this feeling that Dorsey is going to hit a grand slam.

The Franchise 03-22-2017 11:18 AM

If Mahomes is there at 27? Take him unless a team is literally offering their 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

If Mahomes is gone? Trade down.