ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Wonder Woman (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301002)

Hawk 06-06-2017 08:55 AM

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Gal Gadot is perfect for the role IMO. She is just a strikingly beautiful woman, but easily pulled off the athletic moves of Wonder Woman. She was really good, and I liked Chris Pine a lot in this as well. I was not the hugest fan of him as Kirk, but he was really likable in this movie. Well done.

Sure-Oz 06-06-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 12904383)
Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Gal Gadot is perfect for the role IMO. She is just a strikingly beautiful woman, but easily pulled off the athletic moves of Wonder Woman. She was really good, and I liked Chris Pine a lot in this as well. I was not the hugest fan of him as Kirk, but he was really likable in this movie. Well done.

They had great chemistry as well. Definitely up there with Logan for me on the recent Superhero movies that lived up to the hype. Although I could watch WW much more.

keg in kc 06-06-2017 01:17 PM

Gal Gadot is 32 and has two kids.

That's the real Hollywood magic there.

Just Passin' By 06-06-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12903885)
Are people politicizing WW? I can honestly say that you have to be reaching at nothing if you watch that movie and walk away from it thinking it's got a political lean meant to send a message about current day crap.

Tell that to the leftist media

https://www.google.com/search?q=wond...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Bewbies 06-06-2017 02:08 PM

This movie kicks ass. Gadot is absolutely perfect for the role.

The scene where they take her to the trenches--when it was over there were people screaming, cheering and clapping like the movie was over and it was the best thing they'd ever seen in the theater I sat in.

I've never seen that happen in the middle of a movie before, ever.

Anyong Bluth 06-06-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12904723)

I thought you were talking about this:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/02/fox-...an-enough/amp/

unlurking 06-06-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12904780)

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla 06-06-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Awesome.

Bowser 06-06-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12904690)
Gal Gadot is 32 and has two kids.

That's the real Hollywood magic there.

Just to one up, Zoe Saladana is 38 and has 3 kids.

Doing the Diet Coke and cocaine diet along with having good genes and affording the best personal trainers is a freaking godsend, apparently.

JD10367 06-07-2017 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12905474)
Just to one up, Zoe Saladana is 38 and has 3 kids.

Doing the Diet Coke and cocaine diet along with having good genes and affording the best personal trainers is a freaking godsend, apparently.

I saw WW today. Pretty good, although as an origin story it was just as slow and full of exposition as all the other hero films. Also didn't see where it was "lighter" than the other DC stuff.

After the film, I went to a different movie theater where a friend works, to kill time, so I caught the last hour of GOTG2 again.

My conclusion: being the meat in a Gadot-Saldana sandwich would be a good way to die.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 12905673)
although as an origin story it was just as slow

This is my biggest fear in spending the money to see this. DC movies have a way of dragging stuff out way to long....Superman vs Batman; Suicide Squad; even Man of Steel which I liked a lot. Takes me out of the movie too much. But looks like it's getting good reviews, so I'm sure I'll break down and see it eventually when I don't have another movie to go see.

Baby Lee 06-07-2017 10:25 AM

Oh yeah, I'm married . . . sigh

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="w0xVN9q"><a href="//imgur.com/w0xVN9q">How you look at your crush. </a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThaVirus 06-07-2017 08:45 PM

So she can fly

Rams Fan 06-07-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12905738)
This is my biggest fear in spending the money to see this. DC movies have a way of dragging stuff out way to long....Superman vs Batman; Suicide Squad; even Man of Steel which I liked a lot. Takes me out of the movie too much. But looks like it's getting good reviews, so I'm sure I'll break down and see it eventually when I don't have another movie to go see.

Spoiler!

BucEyedPea 06-08-2017 08:43 AM

I went last night because of the comments in this thread. It was okay—I liked the first half more. It was enjoyable, had some good humor—but overall a shallow film. So I wouldn't say it kicked-ass. I would have liked more depth to the story. Somehow after about half....it was just your typical story for this genre.

I think WW herself was terrific and perfect casting.

Al Bundy 06-09-2017 05:57 PM

The movie was great.

Sure-Oz 06-09-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12910142)
The movie was great.

Saw it a 2nd time with the wife. She loved it...the crowd def did as well. It was just as good if not a bit better. Love no man's land scene

sully1983 06-10-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12910630)
Saw it a 2nd time with the wife. She loved it...the crowd def did as well. It was just as good if not a bit better. Love no man's land scene

Oh hell yeah! That was such a well done scene.

ThaVirus 06-10-2017 09:49 AM

I thought that scene was kinda cheesy. Just shoot her legs!

A lot of the action scenes were a bit cheesy, though. The amazonians with their ridiculous flips, the slow-mos, etc.

Spoiler!

Bowser 06-10-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12905996)

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="w0xVN9q"><a href="//imgur.com/w0xVN9q">How you look at your crush. </a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b70ebe1402.gif

notorious 06-10-2017 11:13 AM

She wants it from Captain Kirk badly.

notorious 06-10-2017 11:13 AM

Chris Pine is a badass actor. He has played a vast scope and of roles and nailed them all.

Fish 06-10-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Yeah, you can literally see the moment her panties moisten...

Just Passin' By 06-10-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2017/06/0...=SocialWarfare

Sure-Oz 06-10-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 12911428)

Gtfo lol

Al Bundy 06-11-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12910630)

The island was so well done.

JD10367 06-11-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12910979)
Chris Pine is a badass actor. He has played a vast scope and with many actresses and nailed them all.

FYP

JD10367 06-11-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12911052)
Yeah, you can literally see the moment her panties moisten...

Don't ****ing tease me unless you have the video to back it up.

Frazod 06-11-2017 02:27 PM

In the theater waiting for it to start.

Frazod 06-11-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12912074)
In the theater waiting for it to start.

Well, I enjoyed it. Not as much as I thought I would, but it's still the best of the new DC movies.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 06-11-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Chris Pine is a badass actor.

I actually thought he was just another guy playing himself (ala Ford, Denzel), but then I saw Hell or High Water and he totally changed my opinion. He's got some chops.

Frazod 06-11-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12912412)
I actually thought he was just another guy playing himself (ala Ford, Denzel), but then I saw Hell or High Water and he totally changed my opinion. He's got some chops.

Haven't seen that yet. In this, however, he was pretty much playing Kirk as a WWI pilot.

But that was just fine. He's a good Kirk. Too bad Jar Jar Abrams didn't give him better material to work with.

Anyong Bluth 06-11-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12912412)

Good assessment.

He's not a bad actor, you're right.

It's just for like 90% of his roles he just has to play

Chris Pine ship captain
Chris Pine boyfriend
Chris Pine international spy
Chris Pine blue collar guy
Chris Pine...

I still say Ben Foster is way way better an actor, but Pine is generally good, and has appeal.

keg in kc 06-12-2017 01:30 PM

So, Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend drop-off of any superhero film in history. Down 45% for a $57.2 million take.

Anyong Bluth 06-12-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12913281)
So, Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend drop-off of any superhero film in history. Down 45% for a $57.2 million take.

What else is out?

I'm just saying part of the sustained box office is a rather pedestrian mix of other films out.

Hawk 06-12-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12913352)
What else is out?

I'm just saying part of the sustained box office is a rather pedestrian mix of other films out.

Yep, the Mummy movie was not huge competition. Also helps that more women want to see WW, so maybe that has something to do with it.

DJ's left nut 06-12-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Ha! Okay, that's pretty brazen right there.

The 'busted' look when she realizes that the interviewer probably noticed it was pretty funny as well.

I'm not exactly a body language pro but if that's not a straight up eye bang, then such an animal does not exist.

Frazod 06-12-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 12913385)
Yep, the Mummy movie was not huge competition. Also helps that more women want to see WW, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah, I have about as much interest in watching another CGI shitfest mummy movie and I do in seeing that Matt Damon Great Wall movie - zero.

Chiefspants 06-12-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12912520)
Haven't seen that yet. In this, however, he was pretty much playing Kirk as a WWI pilot.

But that was just fine. He's a good Kirk. Too bad Jar Jar Abrams didn't give him better material to work with.

Drop everything you're doing and see Hell or High Water now.

Best contemporary Western I've seen since...

BucEyedPea 06-12-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12913450)
Yeah, I have about as much interest in watching another CGI shitfest mummy movie and I do in seeing that Matt Damon Great Wall movie - zero.

Saw the The Great Wall from a Redbox rental two weeks ago. Meh!
Actually it was kinda strange.

BucEyedPea 06-12-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Chris Pine is a badass actor. He has played a vast scope and of roles and nailed them all.

Something about his face complexion that has always bothered me. It makes me recoil when I see his face.

Tribal Warfare 06-12-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12913389)
Ha! Okay, that's pretty brazen right there.

The 'busted' look when she realizes that the interviewer probably noticed it was pretty funny as well.

I'm not exactly a body language pro but if that's not a straight up eye bang, then such an animal does not exist.

She's married and has kids, I wonder if there's trouble in paradise.

keg in kc 06-12-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12913352)
What else is out?

I wouldn't sell it short. Movies fall off the radar with no competition on a weekly basis. This one stuck close to 60 million in week 2. Some predictions didn't have it opening that high. It's a legitimate hit.

Anyong Bluth 06-12-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12913719)
I wouldn't sell it short. Movies fall off the radar with no competition on a weekly basis. This one stuck close to 60 million in week 2. Some predictions didn't have it opening that high. It's a legitimate hit.

I'm not, I just think it's contributory. I don't mean that it's box office success isn't warranted, just that the summer flix right now is rather paltry.

Buehler445 06-17-2017 03:58 PM

I finally saw it.

It was damned solid. And Gadot is a ****ing dime piece. Good Lord she's gorgeous

They did a good job with making her look and move like a fighter. The action was really well done, IMO. There were a couple wonky moves but nothing to take me out of it. Nothing would wreck this shit faster than to ham up the hand to hand stuff.

The story was well written also and her character arc and the end message were top shelf. Hats off.

Pine killed it. Especially when he was trying to explain how this is still shitty after she killed what she thought was Aries. Well done.

The final battle of God vs God was meh. It's getting difficult to do that well. It's just been done too much and too hard to ground it back in reality. It's totally necessary, but still didn't add much.

Go see it if you haven't.

Buehler445 06-17-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah. That's hot as hell. If a girl like that ever looked at me like that it'd be on.

And I'd have a similar (but far less hot) longing look.

Fish 06-17-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12920861)
Yeah. That's hot as hell. If a girl like that ever looked at me like that it'd be on.

And I'd have a similar (but far less hot) longing look.

Chris Pine is handsome if you're into that kinda thing I guess.

Baby Lee 06-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12920995)

See, I have absolutely no meter for male attractiveness outside the reactions of females. Gal's reaction suggests that Chris is a damn fine man, but I have no idea whatsoever what differentiates him from a million other bohunks.

He's not huge like The Rock, or ripped like Conor McGregor. He doesn't have piercing eyes, or a particularly strong jaw. Outside a triangular face and a larger than normal cranium, I don't see defining features.

Who knows, maybe that look stems from him giving her a righteous salami long and hard recently.

Guess I should try to let my 5 O'Clock shadow grow and move to pukey colored shirts.

Fish 06-17-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12921017)
See, I have absolutely no meter for male attractiveness outside the reactions of females. Gal's reaction suggests that Chris is a damn fine man, but I have no idea whatsoever what differentiates him from a million other bohunks.

He's not huge like The Rock, or ripped like Conor McGregor. He doesn't have piercing eyes, or a particularly strong jaw. Outside a triangular face and a larger than normal cranium, I don't see defining features.

Who knows, maybe that look stems from him giving her a righteous salami long and hard recently.

Guess I should try to let my 5 O'Clock shadow grow and move to pukey colored shirts.

Well, I was trying to tease Buehler by taking his post out of context. I haven't really thought about Pine's looks.

Baby Lee 06-17-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12921025)
Well, I was trying to tease Buehler by taking his post out of context. I haven't really thought about Pine's looks.

Ah! Didn't even catch it. I see it now. I'm a dummy.

Truthfully, I was kind of itching to vent about how bemused I am by the longing in her glance. That girl is foin, and that gif gives me no insight into what she finds attractive, outside apparently some average glob called a Chris Pine.

Buehler445 06-17-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12920995)

Well played. Funny or not Gadot is a smoke show.

Demonpenz 06-20-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12921017)

he's movie star?

BucEyedPea 06-20-2017 12:08 PM

Gadot was also in Batman vs Superman for her intro appearance. They even used the same old B7W photo of her during WWI. I forgot all about who played WW in that, until I watched it again over the weekend.

Mr. Plow 06-20-2017 12:40 PM

Finally saw it the other day. Good movie. Worth going to see. Like all the other DC movies, it had it's slow points - but nowhere near as bad as the other movies.

My only complaint was the 2 teenage girls behind me that wouldn't shut up. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt that once the movie started, they'd shut up. Boy was I wrong. Talking at normal voices or even trying to talk over loud parts in the movie, reading EVERY word that came on the screen, and then playing on their phones. I tried the casual approach "Shhh"; "Please keep it down"; etc. That only made them do very loud "SHHHHH'S" every time anyone made a noise in the theater. I'm not one to tattle on them, but it wore thin & ruined a part of the movie for me & my family. Finally told front desk "Either you guys shut them the **** up or I'm going to do it in a not nice way." They told them "Either you be quiet & put your phones away or we're kicking you out." Didn't hear from them again.

Sorry for the rant.....hate it when people talk excessively in movies. Especially when I spend $100 to see one.

Beef Supreme 06-20-2017 12:52 PM

I thought the movie was ok. I guess with all the positive stuff I've heard about it, I was expecting more. I could stare at Gal Gadot all day long, so it had that going for it. It had a few laughs and was pretty decent, but it was nowhere near a "**** yeah" movie like Winter Soldier.

Sure-Oz 06-20-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12924009)
I thought the movie was ok. I guess with all the positive stuff I've heard about it, I was expecting more. I could stare at Gal Gadot all day long, so it had that going for it. It had a few laughs and was pretty decent, but it was nowhere near a "**** yeah" movie like Winter Soldier.

It's not better than Winter Soldier...not many are in the Superhero realm.

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12923995)
Finally saw it the other day. Good movie. Worth going to see. Like all the other DC movies, it had it's slow points - but nowhere near as bad as the other movies.

My only complaint was the 2 teenage girls behind me that wouldn't shut up. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt that once the movie started, they'd shut up. Boy was I wrong. Talking at normal voices or even trying to talk over loud parts in the movie, reading EVERY word that came on the screen, and then playing on their phones. I tried the casual approach "Shhh"; "Please keep it down"; etc. That only made them do very loud "SHHHHH'S" every time anyone made a noise in the theater. I'm not one to tattle on them, but it wore thin & ruined a part of the movie for me & my family. Finally told front desk "Either you guys shut them the **** up or I'm going to do it in a not nice way." They told them "Either you be quiet & put your phones away or we're kicking you out." Didn't hear from them again.

Sorry for the rant.....hate it when people talk excessively in movies. Especially when I spend $100 to see one.

$100 ???

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12924009)

Expectations can be a bitch.

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12924057)
It's not better than Winter Soldier...not many are in the Superhero realm.

It was DC's most cohesive film, and a step up. BvS, the director's cut, was a decent flick. Suicide Squad looked SO promising & was total crap .

WW isn't perfect, and has noticeable flaws, but little cracks as a film overall.

Buehler445 06-20-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12924146)
Expectations can be a bitch.

That's why I tempered mine.

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12924150)
That's why I tempered mine.

I went in expecting a C film.
Wasn't dazzled or disappointed.

Shaid 06-20-2017 03:17 PM

I think I liked it more than most in here but I'll admit my initial thoughts were, "how are they going to make a good Wonder Woman movie?" Harken to the days of the invisible jet she flew around, etc. and I had some serious doubts. They made her better than expected in BvS so that gave me some hope. The previews then actually seemed decent as well. Seeing the actual movie, I enjoyed it much more than any I'd seen recently. A very enjoyable movie and yes, she is gorgeous. I don't think they could have cast the movie better. She fits that role as well as Robert Downey Jr. fits Iron Man and Hugh Jackman fits Wolverine. Absolutely perfect for the role.

Mr. Plow 06-21-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12924145)
$100 ???

2 adults, 4 kids, popcorn & pops.

Anyong Bluth 06-21-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12924948)

That'll do it

Fire Me Boy! 06-21-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12924149)
It was DC's most cohesive film, and a step up. BvS, the director's cut, was a decent flick. Suicide Squad looked SO promising & was total crap .

WW isn't perfect, and has noticeable flaws, but little cracks as a film overall.

Disagree.

Sure-Oz 06-21-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12924149)

Agreed on this.

DaneMcCloud 06-21-2017 06:40 PM

I saw the morning this morning. I thought the pacing was a little slow throughout but that all of the actors were perfectly cast and directed. What bothered me (besides the spoilers below, which REALLY bothered me) is that that film had an air of VFX - as if nearly everything was Green Screen.

I know that most people look past that these days but to me, it was fairly egregious. My hope is that with a bigger budget for WW2, we'll less VFX and more real sets and location shots.

Spoiler!

Buehler445 06-21-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12925804)
I saw the morning this morning. I thought the pacing was a little slow throughout but that all of the actors were perfectly cast and directed. What bothered me (besides the spoilers below, which REALLY bothered me) is that that film had an air of VFX - as if nearly everything was Green Screen.

I know that most people look past that these days but to me, it was fairly egregious. My hope is that with a bigger budget for WW2, we'll less VFX and more real sets and location shots.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

DaneMcCloud 06-21-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12925812)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

007 06-21-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

That is why I rarely go to the movie theater now. between the rude jackass' and the excessive prices its just not worth the time or money. What really pisses me off is that the high end theaters in KC with bigger screens and IMAX are cheaper than the ****ing shitty screens here. Its utter horseshit.

unlurking 06-21-2017 08:01 PM

I try to only do matinees or Alamo for the same reasons. I have yet to see anybody be loud and obnoxious at Alamo. Except during quote-a-longs where it is expected.

007 06-21-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12925858)
I try to only do matinees or Alamo for the same reasons. I have yet to see anybody be loud and obnoxious at Alamo. Except during quote-a-longs where it is expected.

Yeah, we pick a choose which movies are worth the expense. we never purchase drinks other than water cups and get the large popcorn with a free refill.

Baby Lee 06-21-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12924948)

Oh! Nice that you went on father's day. ;)

Buehler445 06-21-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12925834)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

BWillie 06-25-2017 03:40 PM

Pretty good flick. Gal Gadot was perfect for the role if you ask me.

Frazod 06-25-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

This is why we now go to a theater that serves alcohol - no unsupervised brats. And while you'll get the occasional 20-something punks who'll act like they're still teenagers, management is really good about keeping them in check.

Hammock Parties 06-25-2017 04:48 PM

i had to move seats because an elderly woman with a respirator was going off like darth vader with every breath...other than that good flick

Direckshun 06-27-2017 10:26 AM

Man it's been a good year for beautiful superhero flicks.

Guardians 2 was gorgeous as well.

listopencil 06-27-2017 11:03 PM

Finally got around to go see this. I liked it. I think they did a pretty good job. I feel like they stayed true to the character while incorporating her increased power level. She's kind of like a female Superman, but not boring and stupid like Superman. Also every few minutes I found myself thinking, "Damn. Gal Gadot is hot as ****."

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12934869)
Gal Gadot is hot as ****."

She's a 5'9 Supermodel, so yeah.

:D