ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New Chief TE Travis Kelce (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272536)

Prison Bitch 04-26-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9635427)
Our GM/coaches worked out these QBs. They have no problem passing on them for other players right now. Perhaps they are wrong. But I'm guessing they have significantly more data than you on which to base that decision.

You're saying Reid and Dorsey know more about qbs than Chiefs fans do?

beach tribe 04-26-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9634165)
OMG THE CHIEFS ARE SO STUPID FOR TRYING TO WIN NOW WITH ALEX SMITH!!!

(Chiefs take the best player available)

OMG THE CHIEFS ARE SO STUPID FOR NOT DRAFTING TO FILL AN IMMEDIATE NEED!!!

My issue is that ChiefsPlanet's value as a source for good Chiefs news and discussion is rapidly falling. It's nothing but bitching and unsubstantiated posturing anymore.

Anyway, carry on with the bitching. People seem to love it I guess.

Agreed.

In58men 04-26-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9634074)
I have decided drafting BPA is stupid.

It's been stupid. It's a ****ing security blanket for sorry asses coaches to use down the road. But....but...but he was the BPA at the time.

KCrockaholic 04-26-2013 09:33 PM

Yup. DaFace nailed it...

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9635556)
It's been stupid. It's a ****ing security blanket for sorry asses coaches to use down the road. But....but...but he was the BPA at the time.

I really don't see the problem with the Kelce pick. He has potential to be significantly better than anyone else they have.

Frosty 04-26-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9635432)
Kelce said he tested positive for marijuana at Cincinnati, leading to his suspension.

Wait. I thought this guy was a raging alcoholic. Smoking pot when it can get you suspended is stupid but isn't that big a deal (Houston and Hali say hi). Just needs to put it aside until after the NFL.

philfree 04-26-2013 09:44 PM

Do I have this right? Kelce had more yards and twice as many TDs in his SR season as Eifert the 1st TE off the board 21st overall. Seems like a good pick to me.

FloridaMan88 04-26-2013 09:47 PM

Chiefs having to correct one of Fat Scott's many mistakes from a few drafts ago... passing on Jimmy Graham to draft Moeaki.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9635620)
Do I have this right? Kelce had more yards and twice as many TDs in his SR season as Eifert the 1st TE off the board 21st overall. Seems like a good pick to me.

Kelce also looks like a monster blocker.

Reid's TEs almost always get over 600 yards and sometimes approach 1,000. You get that out of the TE and a terrific blocker and this is a terrific pick.

philfree 04-26-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9635642)
Kelce also looks like a monster blocker.

Reid's TEs almost always get over 600 yards and sometimes approach 1,000. You get that out of the TE and a terrific blocker and this is a terrific pick.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30133

Quote:

Draft Analysis

WHAT HE BRINGS
Kelce is an underrated prospect and is one of the better athletes in the tight end class. He can separate and create after the catch but could improve his strength and technique as a blocker. Still, he has a chance to be a difference-maker as a pass-catcher

HOW HE FITS
This looks like another value pick, rather than a need, as the Chiefs already have Tony Moeaki and incoming free agent Anthony Fasano. When you look at this offense, the Chiefs probably have a low-level need for a No. 3 tight end who can give them production in the passing game. Kelce will likely be a move player who will flex and line up wide to get good matchups. It looks as if new coach Andy Reid wants to use more multi-tight-end sets than he did in Philadelphia, and the addition of Kelce gives them a lot of flexibility in the short passing game.
Alex Smith fans will love that.

Frosty 04-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9634268)
Lot of guys the Chiefs could have taken that weren't Barkley.

Keenan Allen, Damontre Moore, Bacarri Rambo, Terrence Williams, Barret Jones, Quinton Patton, and many, many others.

Kelce was somewhere between the 4th-8th TE in the class. Just don't see the upside relative to the investment, especially given KC's holes.

On the plus side, they could still take the guys in bold tomorrow.

Fairplay 04-26-2013 10:03 PM

I'm thinking this could be a great pick. Moieki is gone.

Mecca 04-26-2013 10:04 PM

I seriously doubt Keenan Allen was ever an option for this team, he's another big slow guy with a knee problem that also has a positive drug test.

Even without that, after paying Bowe you don't want a plodder opposite him.

Nomadic1 04-26-2013 11:49 PM

It's hard to appreciate what Kelce does through just watching his receptions you tube. com/watch?v= gUj5zK06orY
You'll need to delete the spaces, apparently new users aren't supposed to post links.
In his time at Cincinnati, he took people's heads off on offense and special teams, he's been a great route runner, he has the kind of speed to challenge safeties, he's got great hands and is an incredible load to bring down.
He does not have a frat boy-ish personality, he was forced to sit through the 2010 season after he failed a drug screening for weed...
While I do not know the needs of the Chiefs, he's not way down the list of tight ends. Kid has everything you could want in a tight end, Scouts inc rated him the 4th best of a deep TE draft. Personally, I think he's 2nd. He may not be a pro bowler, he certainly won't hurt you. He's carved of wood and thus far, has not shown himself to be frail.

The only real knock with Kelce, is he is a hot head when he plays. He seems mellow off the field but he's incredibly competitive on it. Sometimes, to a fault.(Not like an every game thing though)

Interesting note, he came to UC as a quarterback...

Rausch 04-26-2013 11:51 PM

You better ****ing shine b!tch.

You better shine...

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636008)
You better ****ing shine b!tch.

You better shine...

Andy Reid has had a 600+ yard receiving tight end almost every year he's coached. Between Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, and Brent Celek, he's had a remarkable history with tight ends who play a far more important role than in most offenses.

If he catches or over 600+ years and can block, then that's a good 3.1

Fairplay 04-26-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomadic1 (Post 9636004)
It's hard to appreciate what Kelce does through just watching his receptions you tube. com/watch?v= gUj5zK06orY
You'll need to delete the spaces, apparently new users aren't supposed to post links.
In his time at Cincinnati, he took people's heads off on offense and special teams, he's been a great route runner, he has the kind of speed to challenge safeties, he's got great hands and is an incredible load to bring down.
He does not have a frat boy-ish personality, he was forced to sit through the 2010 season after he failed a drug screening for weed...
While I do not know the needs of the Chiefs, he's not way down the list of tight ends. Kid has everything you could want in a tight end, Scouts inc rated him the 4th best of a deep TE draft. Personally, I think he's 2nd. He may not be a pro bowler, he certainly won't hurt you. He's carved of wood and thus far, has not shown himself to be frail.

The only real knock with Kelce, is he is a hot head when he plays. He seems mellow off the field but he's incredibly competitive on it. Sometimes, to a fault.(Not like an every game thing though)

Interesting note, he came to UC as a quarterback...

Good first post. rep

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 12:07 AM

I don't think it's been as bad as people think, Let's give it a chance.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TtYA0VQGBLM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefaholic 04-27-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9634048)
I hope both of his ACL's burst.

This has to be the worse fan base in the entire NFL. That's pathetic

WhawhaWhat 04-27-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9636060)

Totally agree. I doubt any of the whiners have ever watched one play of his. If the worst complaint is that he loved blow, I can't fault him for that.

Fairplay 04-27-2013 12:23 AM

Can you imagine if Kelce ends up being a Rob Gronkowski clone or close to it?

I will look up this thread in the future and laugh at the negative comments, bring it back for old times sake. Get your paper bags ready to put on your heads you brutes.

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9636088)
Can you imagine if Kelce ends up being a Rob Gronkowski clone or close to it?

I will look up this thread in the future and laugh at the negative comments, bring it back for old times sake. Get your paper bags ready to put on your heads you brutes.

I wouldn't go that far yet either, We can however give him a chance.

penbrook 04-27-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9636094)
I wouldn't go that far yet either, We can however give him a chance.

NFL.com compares him to Gronk.

Kelce compares himself to Shockey.

Titty Meat 04-27-2013 12:53 AM

**** him

Rausch 04-27-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9636125)
NFL.com compares him to Gronk.

Kelce compares himself to Shockey.

I want to puke more now...

penbrook 04-27-2013 01:07 AM

Per Dave Skretta

Hunt: "We had a need at the quarterback position. When we were able to pull off a trade on Alex Smith, really for me, that issue went away."

Rausch 04-27-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9636150)
Per Dave Skretta

Hunt: "We had a need at the quarterback position. When we were able to pull off a trade on Alex Smith, really for me, that issue went away."

:facepalm:

Imon Yourside 04-27-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Per Dave Skretta

In other words, ticket sales are back to normal so status quo is good.

New World Order 04-27-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Per Dave Skretta

Haha

kcxiv 04-27-2013 01:40 AM

just like his dad, he doesnt ****ing learn.

I see all the Chiefs fans on twitter, facebook and their home page with all these the sun is shining comments that reid is going to make it all better.. Its like how many times does one have to be hit in the ****ing head to realize hey, it hurts. move stupid. lol

kcxiv 04-27-2013 01:42 AM

i got into it with a former chiefs player on twitter a while back. He said something about Lamar Hunt and the Chiefs legendary franchise lol, I said, Lamar Hunt isnt legendary, not for the Chiefs, the NFL maybe, but they havent sniffed a superbowl in 43 years, how does that make a franchise legendary? 1 super bowl win when like 70 percent of the fan base wasnt even alive. GTFO here with that shit.

Reply back? ooh yeah, true. lol

Rausch 04-27-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9636179)
i got into it with a former chiefs player on twitter a while back. He said something about Lamar Hunt and the Chiefs legendary franchise lol, I said, Lamar Hunt isnt legendary, not for the Chiefs, the NFL maybe, but they havent sniffed a superbowl in 43 years, how does that make a franchise legendary? 1 super bowl win when like 70 percent of the fan base wasnt even alive. GTFO here with that shit.

Reply back? ooh yeah, true. lol

Sit down...

the Talking Can 04-27-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Per Dave Skretta

decades of past and future failure summarized by Clark

Hunt = no QB....ever

PA Chiefs 04-27-2013 04:43 AM

That scares me a little I really don't believe A.Smith is going to suck like everyone on here, but I also didn't think Dorsey and Reid felt they where set at QB. I guess I was wrong I hope we can showcase Chase in the preseason and trade him next year and draft a QB then. I just don't think everything they did this offseason sucked the BA issue wasn't great but we can't give him away we will get a comp. pick or maybe he gets reasonable and we sign him. All the other signings B+. The draft not sure Kelce looks good and Davis might be a player but that's how the draft works we really don't know at this point if any of these picks will be good or not. They look like they have ability and high ceilings that's what you look for in the draft.

Rausch 04-27-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Chiefs (Post 9636224)
That scares me a little I really don't believe A.Smith is going to suck like everyone on here, but I also didn't think Dorsey and Reid felt they where set at QB. I guess I was wrong I hope we can showcase Chase in the preseason and trade him next year and draft a QB then. I just don't think everything they did this offseason sucked the BA issue wasn't great but we can't give him away we will get a comp. pick or maybe he gets reasonable and we sign him. All the other signings B+. The draft not sure Kelce looks good and Davis might be a player but that's how the draft works we really don't know at this point if any of these picks will be good or not. They look like they have ability and high ceilings that's what you look for in the draft.

Eh, fair enoough.

He's new...

Psyko Tek 04-27-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 9634157)
Argh why is everyone so mean to this team just because they haven't won a playoff game in 20 years??!?!?

we're assholes

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2013 05:09 AM

JFC Hunt better not be handcuffing them against drafting a QB

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 05:18 AM

3-13

spanky 52 04-27-2013 05:20 AM

Kelce is a good pick. Say goodbye to Moeaki who can't stay healthy.

Rausch 04-27-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636235)
3-13

9-7 and a huge playoff face plant...

Baby Lee 04-27-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9636017)
Andy Reid has had a 600+ yard receiving tight end almost every year he's coached. Between Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, and Brent Celek, he's had a remarkable history with tight ends who play a far more important role than in most offenses.

If he catches or over 600+ years and can block, then that's a good 3.1

Chiefs drafted an immortal?

Rausch 04-27-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9636248)
Chiefs drafted an immortal?

I hope to ****'s sake he's not a QB...

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636239)
9-7 and a huge playoff face plant...

It's a bet. What does the winner get? Whatever JWhit leaves behind at Gates?

Baby Lee 04-27-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9636060)

Looks to be a running folks over MFer.

King_Chief_Fan 04-27-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9636229)
JFC Hunt better not be handcuffing them against drafting a QB

do you find it interesting that only 2 QB's have been picked and both were in round 3? Evidently none are worth a crap and according to the majority here, the Chiefs already have QB's not worth a crap

Rausch 04-27-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636252)
It's a bet. What does the winner get? Whatever JWhit leaves behind at Gates?

You have yet to suppose yer' arger-ment azzhole!

http://dererumnatura.us/archives/images/Squidbilles.gif

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636257)
You have yet to suppose yer' arger-ment azzhole!

http://dererumnatura.us/archives/images/Squidbilles.gif

Your meme prowess is fascinating. Do you celebrate Festivus?

Rausch 04-27-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636264)
Your meme prowess is fascinating. Do you celebrate Festivus?

Bitch I celebrate the end of evera' day!

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636269)
Bitch I celebrate the end of evera' day!

Confession. Woke up at 5:40. Started drinking at 5:41. Some call this a problem. Gotta pace myself. Helluva life.

jimw51 04-27-2013 05:58 AM

If isn't for that man you wouldn't have a team to complain about fruit ninja.

Rausch 04-27-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636270)
Confession. Woke up at 5:40. Started drinking at 5:41. Some call this a problem. Gotta pace myself. Helluva life.

I'm pretty sure that if you can still afford it it's not a problem.

I think.

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636283)
I'm pretty sure that if you can still afford it it's not a problem.

I think.

Thanks for the self esteem boost. I feel..........better.

Rausch 04-27-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636285)
Thanks for the self esteem boost. I feel..........better.

Good.

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason they haven't banned me...

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636289)
Good.

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason they haven't banned me...

Well, you have helped me this morning. And vodka has helped. I hope someday to help you. No homo.

Rausch 04-27-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9636294)
Well, you have helped me this morning. And vodka has helped. I hope someday to help you. No homo.

I'm glad that my words and you not wanting to touch me has allowed us to bond.

Without touching.

Prost!:toast:

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636304)
I'm glad that my words and you not wanting to touch me has allowed us to bond.

Without touching.

Prost!:toast:

A small tear and a fist bump was enjoyed by all.

Micjones 04-27-2013 11:06 AM

Here's the response I got from a friend who's a HUGE Cincinnati football fan (he's also a Broncos fan):

"I think he's really a diamond in the rough. Was recruited by Brian Kelly, I think as a QB. Had to adjust to Butch Jones, made a mistake smoking weed and got suspended. Spent his third year mostly as a blocker, and then this past year they really cut him loose more. He's really only played the position two seasons and yet he was the best college tight end I saw this year. He caught 46 balls but it's important to note that for most of the year they had a really, really dicey QB who was a good runner but was horrendously inaccurate on intermediate throws. Kelce could have caught 65 or 70 easy if they had made the change to their backup earlier in the season. Also, it's kind of funny to me that his supposed off-field "problems" led to him falling that far. He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem. After that he was pretty much an exemplary teammate--his teammates and coaches loved him, he was a captain, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a segment on the Butch Jones Show where he mentioned Travis and his brother Jason as two of the favorite players he ever coached. Check out any of his media interaction on youtube, too--the guy is really sharp, respectful, insightful...I think he has the mental makeup and the work ethic to go with the skills. Also he has the kind of make-up that Chiefs fans like...intense, maybe a bit cocky, but not disrespectful or showboaty. Maybe like Jared Allen without the white trashness? Andy Reid drafted or signed a bunch of Bearcats in Philly and had a lot of success with them, including another UC tight end, Brent Celek. If you want a little glimpse of Kelce's speed, check out his game-winning touchdown against Duke on youtube. It was a blown assignment by Duke but then Travis outruns two DBs by a solid ten yards--just absolutely leaves them in the dust. Anyway, lengthy post, but I'd bet on this being a great pick for the Chiefs."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nBIK_P5c6c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The first catch and run is more impressive than the TD. This kid has good feet and can run!

Frosty 04-27-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9637286)
He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem.

CP had him one drink from Skid Row yesterday. LMAO

chief4life 04-27-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9637286)
Here's the response I got from a friend who's a HUGE Cincinnati football fan (he's also a Broncos fan):

"I think he's really a diamond in the rough. Was recruited by Brian Kelly, I think as a QB. Had to adjust to Butch Jones, made a mistake smoking weed and got suspended. Spent his third year mostly as a blocker, and then this past year they really cut him loose more. He's really only played the position two seasons and yet he was the best college tight end I saw this year. He caught 46 balls but it's important to note that for most of the year they had a really, really dicey QB who was a good runner but was horrendously inaccurate on intermediate throws. Kelce could have caught 65 or 70 easy if they had made the change to their backup earlier in the season. Also, it's kind of funny to me that his supposed off-field "problems" led to him falling that far. He smoked marijuana when he was 19. That's his off-field problem. After that he was pretty much an exemplary teammate--his teammates and coaches loved him, he was a captain, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a segment on the Butch Jones Show where he mentioned Travis and his brother Jason as two of the favorite players he ever coached. Check out any of his media interaction on youtube, too--the guy is really sharp, respectful, insightful...I think he has the mental makeup and the work ethic to go with the skills. Also he has the kind of make-up that Chiefs fans like...intense, maybe a bit cocky, but not disrespectful or showboaty. Maybe like Jared Allen without the white trashness? Andy Reid drafted or signed a bunch of Bearcats in Philly and had a lot of success with them, including another UC tight end, Brent Celek. If you want a little glimpse of Kelce's speed, check out his game-winning touchdown against Duke on youtube. It was a blown assignment by Duke but then Travis outruns two DBs by a solid ten yards--just absolutely leaves them in the dust. Anyway, lengthy post, but I'd bet on this being a great pick for the Chiefs."

Thanks for the insight I love this pick as well. I found a great video on him he is just pure nasty when it comes to his blocking and overall speed. I am impressed with him and lucky to have him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUj5zK06orY

beach tribe 04-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9637295)
Hamas had him one drink from Skid Row yesterday. LMAO

FYP

functioning alcoholic IIRC

Frosty 04-27-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9637529)
FYP

functioning alcoholic IIRC

OTWP58

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9634072)
He's a functioning alcoholic, so about that bad.

Micjones 04-27-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9637519)
Thanks for the insight I love this pick as well. I found a great video on him he is just pure nasty when it comes to his blocking and overall speed. I am impressed with him and lucky to have him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUj5zK06orY

Second play in that reel...
He should've been tackled by the ILB, but he ran right away from him.
The corner couldn't even catch him.
Like I said... This kid can RUN!

How often do you see TE's make someone miss?
Kelce does.

I love this pick!

Frosty 04-27-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9637561)
Second play in that reel...
He should've been tackled, but he just pulled away from everybody.
Like I said... This kid can RUN!

How often do you see TE's make someone miss?
Kelce does.

I love this pick!

One of the talking heads (Mayock I think) said Kelce was one of the fastest TEs in the draft.

Dunerdr 04-27-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9634448)
Funny thing is... Dorsey and the Packers didn't even follow BPA at all. Look at their draft last year. Their first 6 picks were all defensive players. They drafted for need more than any other team in the league because of how shitty their defense was.

Oh you saw the GB board? And dorsey wasnt calling the shots up there hes made it clear that bpa is the floor plan from ground up.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9633992)
Stupid ****ing team.

We just signed Anthony Fasano this off season. We have Moeaki. Those are both guys that average 400-600 yards a season.

And we spend the first pick of the 3rd round on another one? Sad.

lol@ you. Just keep trusting that process!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84 04-27-2013 03:13 PM

Holy shit.

I think I love this pick. This guy is the new Jared Allen.

We are going to love this guy.

Brock 04-27-2013 03:22 PM

You get suspended for an entire year for a pot drug test?

FRCDFED 04-27-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9634247)
Ok,the experts are compare this guy to Gronkowski, and he may very well be that good.

We can only hope. If so, then why wasn't he hyped like the other top two?

nychief 04-28-2013 04:01 PM

Anybody bitching about this pick hasn't watched the NFL in the last 5 years.

penbrook 04-28-2013 04:01 PM

Per Travis Kelce

“@Dfitz29 :*@tkelce *What's you first thoughts of KC so far?”#CrazyFanSupport #TeamIsStacked *#GreatCoaching #UnbelievableBBQ *haha

Also on a side note he will be wearing #87.

Carlota69 04-28-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9634237)
NO ONE on this forum had TE as a position of need. Yet now that we've spend our 2nd highest pick on one, people are now rationalizing it like we needed one. LMAO

Like what CP thinks the team needs is important to the FO.LMAO

Hootie 04-28-2013 05:18 PM

I'm on this forum, and I considered TE a position of need.

KChiefs1 04-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9637837)
Holy shit.

I think I love this pick. This guy is the new Jared Allen.

We are going to love this guy.

Awesome pick!

KChiefs1 04-28-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9641565)
Per Travis Kelce

“@Dfitz29 :*@tkelce *What's you first thoughts of KC so far?”#CrazyFanSupport #TeamIsStacked *#GreatCoaching #UnbelievableBBQ *haha

Also on a side note he will be wearing #87.

Already love this kid.

Mecca 04-28-2013 06:42 PM

Moeaki is ****ed, Fasano, Kelce and he'll have to battle with the potential of the basketball player while already having a bad perception with the new coaching staff already.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9641908)
Moeaki is ****ed, Fasano, Kelce and he'll have to battle with the potential of the basketball player while already having a bad perception with the new coaching staff already.

It seems like Reid and Dorsey want their players to be nasty maulers. Winston was a finesse tackle. And Moeaki was a pretty technically sound guy, but he just lacks the toughness you want. He is most definitely getting phased out.

I get wood, by the way, thinking of how tight ends will be used in this new offense.

SAUTO 04-28-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9641908)

you should come around more often. Good to see you back.

I SWEAR I saw you in independence center. almost said "Mecca" just to see if you would look around
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 04-28-2013 06:53 PM

Oh and then I proceeded to follow you from store to store...talking shit about everything you looked at
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 04-28-2013 06:54 PM

J/K
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca 04-28-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9641956)
you should come around more often. Good to see you back.

I SWEAR I saw you in independence center. almost said "Mecca" just to see if you would look around
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't live to far from there so it's possible.