ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which WR Disappointed you Most in 2023? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352877)

BWillie 03-28-2024 11:09 PM

I didn't expect anything from Skyy and Toney and stated as much many times. Never thought Ross would pan out so it's probably Richie James for me.

frozenchief 03-29-2024 12:51 AM

I didn’t expect Toney to actively hurt our team like he did. But he helped win SB last year and he didn’t cost us a ton. Moore cost us a higher draft pick but didn’t hurt us as much. That said, I think Toney had the higher ceiling so I think he hurt us more.

InChiefsHeaven 03-29-2024 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461352)
Where is MVS in the poll?

MVS was our annual "suck until the playoffs" guy. Like Frank Clark.

ChiefsHawk 03-29-2024 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461352)
Where is MVS in the poll?

MVS was reliable in the playoffs.

TNTEICHER 03-29-2024 05:38 AM

I didn't buy all the Toney hype last year. I thought Moore would progress (looked like he actually took a step back)

Bwana 03-29-2024 05:41 AM

Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.

Dunerdr 03-29-2024 05:57 AM

Moore. I expected more from Toney but Moore had the hype. Moore actually might have been worse in year two. He was more Jehu Chesson than the Amendola we were being sold on. Toney definitely hurt the team more I just didn't think the Chiefs would go full spin on Moore if he was not actually up to even being the 5th receiver.

notorious 03-29-2024 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 17461146)
In thinking about it, why aren't Toney and Moore in Texas with Mahomes? Are they just not invited?

They took the wrong route down.

Rainbarrel 03-29-2024 06:20 AM

2 SB rings
2 SB rings
2 SB rings
3 SB rings
8 Chiefs SB rings

RedinTexas 03-29-2024 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17461489)
Toney, because he cost us two games, he's dumber than a pet rock and he runs his mouth on twatter, like a jilted 13 year old girl, that got stood up for the prom. I'm not sure what they are going to do with him this year. I guess they could have him hold a clipboard, but he would no doubt lose focus and drop it all the time.

It's worse than that. He'd manage to bat the clipboard up into the air so it would fall into the hands of the team on the other sideline.

BWillie 03-29-2024 06:44 AM

I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.

Rasputin 03-29-2024 06:54 AM

I was disappointed we didn't run more Jet sweeps with Mecole Hardman or try hooking him up as the deep threat. He has all the talent to be really good and shows signs he can do great things but he lacks gumption. Mecole is one of my favorite players I hope we bring him back to prove himself but if he leaves he leaves.

Molitoth 03-29-2024 07:48 AM

I feel like MVS and Hardman should be on the poll, because both of them sucked.

That said, I still would have voted for Toney.

FringeNC 03-29-2024 07:59 AM

Veach was running around telling the talking heads that Toney was a #1 WR and that Ross was the next AJ Green. And we heard how much Skyy had improved. Only the Rice buzz turned out to be accurate.

We also heard about now the new tackles would be the best combo Mahomes had ever played with. I was thinking we'd have a record setting offense. Oh well, there's always that new Lombardi trophy.

notorious 03-29-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17461506)
I don't know how many times I have to say it until I'm red in the face. Toney is not good. Wasn't ever good. Can't ever be good. Give up on the guy. Mahomes has.

THANK YOU

I have no idea what people see in him. He wastes a shitload of motion on cuts, not only can't catch the ball but manages to flip it up in the air, and is a complete ****ing moron.