ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Another top WR prospect working out with Mahomes today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348422)

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16908285)
Hence Dalton Kincaid/Darnell Washington could be there true target for a reciever

If this team drafts Darnell Washington I will shit on my tv screen.

MahomesMagic 04-19-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16908248)
If he yells out anything about a gas chamber you know what he's trying to do.

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc...sk-bongjpg.jpg

CaliforniaChief 04-19-2023 10:39 AM

Camp Mahomes is such an awesome cheat code.

staylor26 04-19-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16908274)
Compare our treatment of Mahomes against Green Bay’s approach with Rodgers.

Veach & Reid clearly value his input and desire alignment with him.

Not just that, they're also committed to surrounding him with weapons. I know people got nervous about trading Tyreek and then the lack of WR moves so far this offseason, but they will never let things get like GB did.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16908289)
If this team drafts Darnell Washington I will shit on my tv screen.

Why, the kid's a stud.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16908296)
Not just that, they're also committed to surrounding him with weapons. I know people got nervous about trading Tyreek and then the lack of WR moves so far this offseason, but they will never let things get like GB did.

You mean blowing a bunch of picks on defense while telling your QB his input isn't needed?

RealSNR 04-19-2023 10:40 AM

Someone said it in another thread, but I'll bet the NFL puts in rules against this kind of thing eventually.

It's an incredible leg up in scouting to see how a receiver can jive with your QB specifically. Right now we're doing it because nobody says we can't, so good for us.

But I'll bet the NFL puts in some really stupid pre-draft offseason crap soon. Like, team personnel can work together with college prospects provided representatives from other teams are there, therefore terming it a "private workout day" or some shit.

I hope they don't, because I don't see any other teams or QBs getting this kind of one-on-one with college WRs.

Mahomes is such an incredible guy, man.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16908297)
Why, the kid's a stud.

He's really not, he's very very overrated because of his size.

Gravedigger 04-19-2023 10:40 AM

Shows the hand a bit, but you can also use it as a ploy to manipulate the draft board to have receivers go ahead of your guy. Maybe we're interested in Hyatt instead but want other teams to jump the gun, "Mahomes wants to play with him? Lets trade up to get him before the Chiefs are on the clock!"

DJ's left nut 04-19-2023 10:40 AM

That's an interesting way around the 'top 30 visits' cutoff or whatever those rules are.

I guess having Mahomes people call Flowers people and set up an 'independent' workout operates just far enough outside the hard guidelines?

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:41 AM

Flowers is going in front of the Chiefs anyway so what's the smokescreen there?

The Franchise 04-19-2023 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16908303)
That's an interesting way around the 'top 30 visits' cutoff or whatever those rules are.

I guess having Mahomes people call Flowers people and set up an 'independent' workout operates just far enough outside the hard guidelines?

Except Schefter said it was at request of the team.

Kiimo 04-19-2023 10:47 AM

I don't know if I'd call this a "smokescreen"

Because it's not like you can run Broderick out there and learn anything it's pretty much only skill players that can toss the ol pigskin around.

They could go in a number of directions besides WR BUT if they do go WR they have an informed opinion about them

DJ's left nut 04-19-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908307)
Except Schefter said it was at request of the team.

Eh - that doesn't make it a formal request. They may have asked PM to do it and it got facilitated through Steinberg or something.

I don't doubt that the Chiefs were the catalysts but I gotta believe they had to end run it somehow.

MahomesMagic 04-19-2023 10:51 AM

Imagine if Mahomes had thrown the ball around with DK Metcalf, Terry Mclaurin, and Mecole before the 2019 draft.

Veach to Mahomes, " So what do you think?"

Mahomes, "This Mecole guy is fast but kind of has no idea how to run routes..."