ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345623)

O.city 10-17-2022 08:34 AM

So we should get Gay and McDuffie back for sure this week?

BryanBusby 10-17-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16536596)
The 49ers are without their top 4 defensive linemen and top two corners? Did I read that right?

They must be pretty depleted to lose by 14 to the Falcons. Although it looks like they largely pissed it away with turnovers.

Kinlaw is on IR and Bosa has a broke dick again. They are pretty banged up.

dirk digler 10-17-2022 11:06 AM

Chiefs will be activating Gay and sounds like McDuffie will play. We might be fully healthy heading into this game.

smithandrew051 10-17-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 16536027)
Did you guys know that the last time these two teams played, the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl???

Holy shit. I just googled this and it turns out you are correct!

Gary Cooper 10-17-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 16536334)
Yeah, you never want to overlook an opponent, but the 49ers have been decimated by injury. Starting FS, Jimmy Ward, just had surgery on his hand. Starting corner, Emmanuel Moseley tore his ACL, Armstead is likely to go on the IR, Bosa has a pesky groin injury, Kinlaw has not been playing because of knee swelling, Starting LB Al Shaiir out, ...they've been keeping their defense together with bandaids and bailing wire...their luck ran out this week. Unless they get healthy in a week, there's no way they can slow KC, IMO.

If any team is accustomed to playing with injuries, it's the 49ers the last few seasons. They're at home and coming off a bad loss. They play a very physical brand of football. Much more physical than the Chiefs on both sides. The Chiefs should win this game, but I don't see a cakewalk like some here are claiming.

DRM08 10-17-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 16537174)
If any team is accustomed to playing with injuries, it's the 49ers the last few seasons. They're at home and coming off a bad loss. They play a very physical brand of football. Much more physical than the Chiefs on both sides. The Chiefs should win this game, but I don't see a cakewalk like some here are claiming.

KC has had a tough battle in 4 of the 6 games this year. I expect this Niners game to be another close game in the 4th quarter.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 16537174)

They're not more physical than the Bucs, they are more banged up, though.

And the Chiefs are significantly more physical on defense than they were last year. Bolton, Gay, Jones, Sneed, Reid, Thornhill, Dunlap and 47 will all wreck your shit. Trent can smash.

We're going to boatrace them. Stop Deebo and they have nothing.

ThaVirus 10-17-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16537178)
They're not more physical than the Bucs, they are more banged up, though.

And the Chiefs are significantly more physical on defense than they were last year. Bolton, Gay, Jones, Sneed, Reid, Thornhill, Dunlap and 47 will all wreck your shit. Trent can smash.

We're going to boatrace them. Stop Deebo and they have nothing.

The 49ers just went to the NFCCG with a game manager QB. Their brand of football is 100% physical, run the football and play good defense.

They're got Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, and a strong ground game. If they're clicking, this game will not be a cakewalk.

Red Dawg 10-17-2022 12:06 PM

We don't play any cakewalk games.

staylor26 10-17-2022 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16537184)
The 49ers just went to the NFCCG with a game manager QB. Their brand of football is 100% physical, run the football and play good defense.

They're got Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, and a strong ground game. If they're clicking, this game will not be a cakewalk.

They also just got physically outplayed by the Falcons...

Hammock Parties 10-17-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16537184)

LMAO

Aiyuk is on IR, Kittle has 200 yards and 0 TD, and the flesh is hanging off their defense.

This isn't going to be a hard game. This is a C+ version of the team we beat in the Super Bowl.

Red Dawg 10-17-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16537195)
LMAO

Aiyuk is on IR, Kittle has 200 yards and 0 TD, and the flesh is hanging off their defense.

This isn't going to be a hard game. This is a C+ version of the team we beat in the Super Bowl.

Stop it. How many times have we thought that and been wrong. Last year alone. Giants, GB, Dallas and both against Denver should have been easy games but were not. You gotta focus every week and play with anger and energy.

ToxSocks 10-17-2022 12:13 PM

I imagine the game plan will be to stack the box and blitz the shit out of Jimmy grapes. On paper this should be a get right game.

Though i do expect the offense to struggle a bit.

Until they get better at tackle and WR, the days of things being easy for this offense are over.

Reroka 10-17-2022 12:15 PM

KC 24 S.F 17

O.city 10-17-2022 12:17 PM

They have the best offense in the league guys (the Chiefs). Yeah, it's not an all time great offense like the 2018 Chiefs, but come on.

They'll score 30 ish here this week.