ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC *** Official 2020 Sporting KC Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329760)

|Zach| 07-19-2020 01:00 AM

They deserved to win the first one but deserved to lose the second. Heh.

I am not really going all in on taking things from this tournament. It feels like a preseason tournament even though it has been lots of fun.

I worry about our midfield with Felipe and just worry about him long term. Him being injured for these long stretches reminds me of Eric Berry for the Chiefs its like hey...the idea of how good you are does not really matter if you are not here helping us win games. Not his fault but it is frustrating.

Johnny Russell has not looked good in a really long time. Zusi is what he is not bad not great he was involved in 2 of the 3 goals. We don't seem to have as much possession as we have in years past so that can make him a little less valuable.

Love what I see from Pulido, Shelton, and Gerso (even though he can do wacky stuff)...Kinda had a bad game but seems to be a great pick up overall.

We have the tools to be a damn good team but I worry we will have to do too much to protect Sanchez and teams will be able to over run our midfield.

Of course is this even a season? I have basically written everything off as a dream until next year.

|Zach| 07-21-2020 09:38 PM

Kansas City moves on to the knock out round with a tie or win.

redfan 07-22-2020 07:46 AM

They're playing now? Dang, that's an early one.

DrRyan 07-22-2020 10:27 AM

If I am an opposing team, I am attacking Zusi every possible opportunity. He is constantly over pursuing too high and gets torched on a quick give and go leading to scoring chances.

|Zach| 07-22-2020 06:15 PM

That hit by Gerso was really nice.

They did a lot better in midfield today but gave up way too many dangerous chances. Were lucky to have a shutout.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ct6L8s-23RQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

POND_OF_RED 07-22-2020 07:47 PM

Looks like if Minnesota beats Colorado we’ll play Columbus who have looked pretty good so far this season especially in the tournament sweeping through their group 7-0 in the 3 games. I still like our chances against them, but it would definitely be a great matchup. I’m going to be pulling for a Colorado win or tie tonight to hopefully ease us into the elimination play a little more.

|Zach| 07-22-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 15080567)
Looks like if Minnesota beats Colorado we’ll play Columbus who have looked pretty good so far this season especially in the tournament sweeping through their group 7-0 in the 3 games. I still like our chances against them, but it would definitely be a great matchup. I’m going to be pulling for a Colorado win or tie tonight to hopefully ease us into the elimination play a little more.

CLB has looked really strong. Probably the story of the tournament aside from Atlanta looking like a huge sack of shit.

POND_OF_RED 07-22-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 15079664)
If I am an opposing team, I am attacking Zusi every possible opportunity. He is constantly over pursuing too high and gets torched on a quick give and go leading to scoring chances.

He still has that midfielder mindset. It helps a ton on the offensive side to have your RB be your best crosser, but I don’t think his style of play at the fullback position would even remotely work for a style of play that wasn’t Vermes high press. He doesn’t have the speed to make up for these mistakes and unfortunately he doesn’t have Opara’s speed back there anymore to mask it and it’s definitely a glaring weakness on our team now. I want to see more Jaylin Lindsey personally. Martins has been a bright spot since finally being able to upgrade that LB spot from the most JAG MLS player Seth Sinovic. We really don’t have much depth at fullback unfortunately, but neither do most MLS teams.

Deberg_1990 07-26-2020 10:41 PM

Getting nervous sporting fans?

DrRyan 07-27-2020 12:18 PM

What a fortunate win that was. They were downright abysmal in the final 1/3. Playing virtually the "C" team with them missing 11 players and unable to put one in the net? 36 shots with only 8 on goal against a team of many backups and can't capitalize.

Deberg_1990 07-27-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 15087402)
What a fortunate win that was. They were downright abysmal in the final 1/3. Playing virtually the "C" team with them missing 11 players and unable to put one in the net? 36 shots with only 8 on goal against a team of many backups and can't capitalize.

Agreed. Very fortunate to be moving on.

Deberg_1990 07-30-2020 06:14 PM

Just started against the Union.

How are you feeling about tonight’s game?

Deberg_1990 07-30-2020 06:36 PM

Welp. Game over in minute 26. Union up 2-0

POND_OF_RED 07-30-2020 06:43 PM

That second goal was once again inexcusable play from our entire back line. This team needs to play with a bit more energy. Hopefully facing elimination will spark a needed fire for the rest of the match.

kstater 10-11-2020 06:49 PM

Well this game just turned on a dime