ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock 11/23/19 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326919)

Tribal Warfare 11-29-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14623455)
Which fatty lines up at corner

It's all dependent who's available and attainable in FA, if KC can get badass interior OL or RB then it will absolutely change draft needs.

As of now positional value at OL and RB has shot up because of Mahomes.

Interior OL and RB would be considered bargain bin shopping if Patrick didn't get injured and missed games.

KC needs to lighten the workload if KC wants to make legitimate runs for the SB since PMII isn't as durable as Favre when Brett played.

Chris Meck 11-29-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14623455)
Which fatty lines up at corner

Ward, Fenton, and bring Breeland and/or Claiborne back.

OR similar 2nd tier depth.

Secondary has played pretty well.

I think LB and OL are biggest needs at the moment.

that said, I believe in drafting corners every year, so however it falls.

kccrow 11-29-2019 12:49 PM

I really don't think Reid makes wholesale changes on the offensive line. It's not his MO. Will they likely draft an interior lineman relatively early? I think it's probable. Even then, there's no guarantee he starts. Will he draft 3 with limited picks (sans a significant trade)? I find that highly doubtful. I'd assume Rankin and LDT will be the guards next year and that Center is the most likely change. Reid also doesn't tend to burn first-rounders on offensive lineman so I'd probably put the thoughts of a guy like Biadasz to bed.

I have a different thought process I'm going to throw out there for you guys in short order, even if it's a bit overzealous in terms of free agent availability. Just throwing shit out there for discussion at this point though.

BryanBusby 11-29-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14623518)
Ward, Fenton, and bring Breeland and/or Claiborne back.

OR similar 2nd tier depth.

Secondary has played pretty well.

I think LB and OL are biggest needs at the moment.

that said, I believe in drafting corners every year, so however it falls.

Breeland sucks butt and Claiborne hasn't been great either. **** that shit.

The Franchise 11-29-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14623925)
Breeland sucks butt and Claiborne hasn't been great either. **** that shit.

Fuller? He should be cheaper considering his injury history.

BryanBusby 11-29-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14624100)
Fuller? He should be cheaper considering his injury history.

He sucks ass too.

The Franchise 11-29-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14624108)
He sucks ass too.

So your plan is drafting one? That only gives us 3.

BryanBusby 11-29-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14624111)
So your plan is drafting one? That only gives us 3.

Absolutely. I'd probably double up at the position actually and trash can dig around for another to put it up to 6.

Chris Meck 11-29-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14624114)
Absolutely. I'd probably double up at the position actually and trash can dig around for another to put it up to 6.

I don't think any of them have been all that bad compared to our coverage linebackers.

BryanBusby 11-29-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14624147)
I don't think any of them have been all that bad compared to our coverage linebackers.

Because our linebackers are literally aids doesn't mean the Chiefs have a good CB situation. It just means there's an even worse position.

DJ's left nut 12-02-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14624219)
Because our linebackers are literally aids doesn't mean the Chiefs have a good CB situation. It just means there's an even worse position.

And when you have finite resources to fill holes, it absolutely means that the AIDS needs to be addressed before the sprained thumb.

Yeah, I'd like to see the CB position improved, but our secondary has played damn well this year with little more than Ward, Breeland and a rotating cast of complementary DBs. They're making it work and pretty well.

Meanwhile, the LBs are getting wrecked. And the IOL is as well.

If you're looking at areas that need immediate improvement and are basing it on the actual performance on the field (and not name cache/flashiness) then I don't see how you can say CB is anywhere near the top of the list of needs.

By strictly a review of how the respective units have performed so far this season, I'd say CB ranks near the lowest in terms of concern.

The Franchise 12-02-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14630425)
And when you have finite resources to fill holes, it absolutely means that the AIDS needs to be addressed before the sprained thumb.

Yeah, I'd like to see the CB position improved, but our secondary has played damn well this year with little more than Ward, Breeland and a rotating cast of complementary DBs. They're making it work and pretty well.

Meanwhile, the LBs are getting wrecked. And the IOL is as well.

If you're looking at areas that need immediate improvement and are basing it on the actual performance on the field (and not name cache/flashiness) then I don't see how you can say CB is anywhere near the top of the list of needs.

By strictly a review of how the respective units have performed so far this season, I'd say CB ranks near the lowest in terms of concern.

Well we only have two CBs under contract next season. So I wouldn’t rank it super low.

DJ's left nut 12-02-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14630455)
Well we only have two CBs under contract next season. So I wouldn’t rank it super low.

Sure - but I don't figure we'll let all 3 of the guys we have on hand walk.

O.city 12-03-2019 11:01 AM

So, Mizzou fans, is Albert O gonna be there in the 2nd for the Chiefs?

DJ's left nut 12-03-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14631796)
So, Mizzou fans, is Albert O gonna be there in the 2nd for the Chiefs?

Albert O might last until the 4th.

He hurt his draft stock badly this year. Terrible drops and looked completely disinterested for huge chunks of the season.

He went from looking like a possible 1st round pick prior to the season to a guy who may have just been a creation of his quarterback. I don't think he'll go undrafted or anything, but if he doesn't test really well, a slide to the 3rd day is a distinct possibility.

He was flat out bad this year.